• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic ℋ℮їґṧ: SIGMA (Sci-Fi/Powers/Interstellar Warfare RP)

Adrian

That's it for New Krona... That's it. The green energy WMD strikes again, right at the heart of our New Union, New Krona. Now that we've lost our capital world, with who knows how many lives lost on the surface who couldn't make it onto the panicking evacuation ships, I'm not sure how we can even raise our morale anymore.

"Amis, I'm going to have to ask you and Ingris take care of our new guys. They're in for some rough times, I can tell you that..."
"No kidding..."

Sure, my strained relationship between Amis and Ingris got a bit better through my first trial as a Fireteam Leader and new Captain, but that doesn't mean that they entirely, entirely trust me yet. I still got suspicious looks from the two surviving members of the old Fireteam Nexus, as I had gotten used to during Captain Kristian Pedersen's time.

From what I could tell in the short debrief sent by the Commander via our tactical network, it was indeed the same WMD that ruined our strike on Yabrao that struck us on New Krona today. The New Kronan Defense Fleet has been confirmed to have been eradicated entirely, leaving our already weak New Union Navy without almost 35+ ships to defend whatever is left in the New Union.

The Cruento War sure is living up to its name... "Bloodstained War".

I'm not sure what the New Union can even do anymore...

(Next post will be the ending of ARC 2. There will be a brief interlude before we jump into a new ARC.)

Joachim

After all the visions, the nightmares, the fears, the speculation, I am brought back to reality. I regain my eyesight slowly, a bright light in my face. Seems that they've opened my eyes during the surgery, to check for something. I don't know. I could hear them now. Talking. I can see clearly, and can look around with my eyeballs, but I feel my body as an infinitely heavy being, that I can't lift or move at all.

"His heart rate's steady. Vitals are normal... We've got him." a nurse said, pressing on some screen.
"Consciousness regained as well. His eyes are moving." A surgeon responded, putting away his pressure-loaded technical thingy. How the hell should I know?

"Well. Get him up. Inject him with 20ml of Menzodrine and get him off the table. We've got a long day ahead of us." The same surgeon said, and a nurse complied, injecting me quickly with that stuff with a spring-loaded futuristic-looking syringe that I don't know jack shit about. And all of a sudden, I could feel my body again. I still can't lift it up, but feeling it is a start. My... trolley? Bed? Whatever, starts moving. No wait, the table's staying, I'm the one moving. Onto those... trolley bed things that they use to transport patients. A nurse then quickly takes me away. I could still hear a conversation between the surgeon and his nurse.

"Who's the next patient?" "Sabre Corps Frontline Operative. Punctured lungs, amputated left leg." "Get some Amphitholene ready, but ration it closely. If we use it too much, we're gonna run out of stock before this shift ends."

Seems like we took quite the hit. But I can't hear them now. All I can hear is the slight monotone hum of my trolley-bed-thing, and the occasional light passing by, temporarily blinding me as we move down a hallway. As we move out, and that Menzo-something works, an endless sea of people, mostly New Union troopers, with any resemblance of discipline thrown out the window. They are either finding a wounded friend, or they are the wounded friend.

After a while, the nurse finds an empty seat, and hurriedly sets me down there. Usually, they put recently wounded in the medbay, to heal, but I guess this means we're packed with wounded then. I can't even begin to imagine what the medbay must be. The sickening stench of sweat, blood, and human suffering manifested. I'd actually prefer here.

I begin to look around, as my body begins to regain control. I can control my hands now, but the rest of my body is still just stiff. I could see a familiar girl duo... One with, a fox tail, apparently, and another, casually leaning against the wall. Wait, those are... Katherine... and... Allison? No wait, Allison's... I'd rather not talk about her. That's... someone else. That's... Miller. I should really start calling her Ash, it gets weird calling a girl by her last name after a while.

I begin trying to call them over, my vocal cords not complying. But after a while, they too, began working. I called out to them, my hands waving them over, and due to their limited motion range, it almost looks like I'm calling them over the way a person would call a dog over to him. Whoops.

I glance up after a minute, hearing someone call me Ash. I look around for a minute, kinda confused until I spot Joa in one of the seats, beckoning to us. I nudge Kath and motion for her to come on. "Hey, what happened to Miller?" I joke as I took a seat next to him. "How is everything, man? You almost died twice in one day, I don't how anyone could handle that." I say, the thought coming to me that if I was in his shoes, I probably wouldn't manage without losing some part of my sanity.

Katherine

I followed Ashley to the infirmary, practically jacked on sugar. I overheard the nurse tell Ashley that Joa was in surgery, but he came out on one of those gurneysand holding his hand up and calling us out. I walked over and sat down, listening in, because it was rude to interrupt.

I watched as another soldier was carted into the operating room, his leg missing entirely and bleeding all over the clothed surface of the gurney.

DM

The situation looks dire for the New Union at the moment. Its capital world, New Krona, is now under control of the Smierc Collective thanks to its devastating WMD that can destroy entire fleets. The New Union High Command is now in control of both the civilian and military governments as a result of the loss of New Krona, leading to many citizens feeling uneasy. The new capital world, set on Thorix, is being guarded by multiple New Union Navy fleets, forcing the New Union to sacrifice its attacking forces.

The New Union High Command's Supreme Commander, Vox Nispola, issued a statement regarding the incident at New Krona to the New Union. He tries to keep everyone from giving up, saying that the loss of New Krona must be a new rallying cry for the New Union against the Smierc Collective.

Meanwhile, the Smierc Collective continues to plan out their next move, seeing as to which New Union planet is vulnerable for another surprise attack.

It is a dark time for the New Union. This time around, there are no Guardians to even save the New Union from its impending doom.

ARC 2 END

J...J...Joa... no... Jac...Ja...J...

I lightly scoff at the joke, with a hint of confusion within my growling voice. I didn't remember calling her Ash. It does sound familiar though. I've heard that name before. I glance at her, listening intently to her question. My arms twitch at the thought. I don't know why, but I guess it reminds me of all the stuff I actually did went through. I have a really hard time recapping.

It's just the fact that I don't know who I am right now.

I mean, I technically know who I am, but I don't know who I am. There seems to be two different people living inside my head, both with different memories. I can't tell who I am, because they are so similar yet so different. I felt like a complete glory hound, and I remembered beating a Smierc officer to death with a piece of armor, but then again, I also remember having a fun time at a planet named Florus, on the beaches. Some girl taught me how to swim. No. Not just some girl. Allison. Allison? Allison.

Well, I figured I'd get the best answer if I asked these two right now. My eyes slightly tear up subconsciously, from all the new yet old experiences flooding into my head, the strong emotions, coalescing with my current... or old... or new... memories. I look to the both of them, asking with a stern voice. Well, I think it was a stern voice. It probably came out rather weak or something.

"Wait, what? I almost died? Twice? In one day? Can you, like, recap for me, Al? I just got out of surgery, and my memories are a bit fuzzy." I asked, before catching a glimpse of my skin. Horrible red marks. All throughout the body. I remember this. I remember what this is. When I was "out", and were having my weird visions, I remember the doctors opening my armor to inspect my wounds. It's the suction marks created by the gaps in my suit when I was floating out in space. My skin was torn right off, and in some places, lumps of tissue and muscle went as well. They had to do all kinds of weird medical shit to me. I don't really know, it's hard to track a medical procedure when you're drifting in and out of 2 different lives at the same time.

"Oh, and don't mind these marks. They'll probably heal. Probably." I said light-heartedly, trying my best to stay optimistic in a sea of wounded people. I was looking at Katherine primarily when saying that, because she looked kind of nervous, being close to so many battered people, especially that unlucky bloke who... wait, that's... I heard about him when I was being rolled out.

"Al?" I asked with a confused look. This was the third time I've heard him say Allison or refer to her. I thought silently. "Well, first when you were fighting you passed out from overexertion of your abilities, and secondly you were trying to remove shrapnel from an engine and you got rocked off, drifting into space before I went and got you back." I told him, but then I gave him a concerned look before I spoke. "Joa... Who is Allison? You keep saying her name, and you've called me that twice now." I told him, trying to figure out what the source of this occurence was.

Katherine

I look back on Joachim, "You called me that several times too. And you look sort of... conflicted. Nightmares?"

Honestly, I've never seen so many dead in my whole career as an enforcer, a honorable mercenary, and a soldier. We had great tacticians, one or two casualties at most, but mainly no casualties and minimal injuries, so it disturbs me that we've had so many fallen soldiers here today.

"Corporal Katherine?" I snapped to attention, pushing aside my trip down memory lane, and looked at a tall, skinny, but rather muscular man. He was in a jumpsuit, carrying a fanny pack and a tool belt, and holding a small package in his hand.

"Yea, that would be me." I replied, "Is that mine?"

"Yes, we found it in the cargo bay while we were doing repairs, and it had your name on it. I'll set this over here for you." He placed carefully on the ground in front, before turning around and making his out of the infirmary lobby and into the hall.

J...J... Joa?

W--Wait, what? Al? I said that? Me? So, that makes this... no, unless... unless Ash knows about her. No. God, this is confusing. My right hand traces the contours of the simple chair or bench I'm sitting on repeatedly, almost subconsciously. Maybe it's compensating for my inability to move right now. I don't know.

I feel so... under pressure. I don't know what she's talking about, not a single clue, but at the same time, I do. I know everything about Allison, and nothing about her at the same time. I can't recollect my memories. There are simply too many things to take in. It's too much... I can't... take it...

At least I know what happened to me before I ended up like this. Katherine spoke, too. I look conflicted, apparently. I open up, my voice slightly cracking now. I can feel... tears on my eyes.

"Allison? Allison... That name sounds... familiar. I... think I know her. Yeah. I... don't know what's going on, but ever since I hit my head when we first crashed into that... flagship... I've been having visions. I was on a snow planet... Vaccaro, I think. I was with... a team. We were New Union. Back when Sabre Corps didn't exist. The Smierc... I... they attacked us. Allison was my teammate, a marksman. I... we... were close. We fought well... But my team. They were dead. She was dead. Right in my arms. She... she loved me. I remember... burning the Smierc. I had a sword made of fire. But..."

My voice cracked entirely, and I began sobbing. I could feel a burning heat inside my body, something that yearns so desperately to be released, but never could be. I try to look down, through teary eyes, and I could barely see a smouldering flame, igniting in the palm of my left hand. It's a brilliant green flame, but I don't remember green fire being something I could do.

After a pause, I continued. "I'm sorry, today has been... a very weird day for me. I'm having... memory issues. I can't remember... who I am. I can't even remember my name. Allison... she called me Jackson. But... I remembered my name being Joachim. During most of my memories, I've been called J, Joa, Jack... but I don't know which one is my name. I can't..."

I looked to both of the girls, desperate for an answer. My name, who I am, what I've done, something, anything at all. "Who... am I?"

I looked at Jao with a more concerned and worried look, sadness welling up in me. "I don't know..." I respond quietly, glancing down to his burning hand. I move my hand slowly to his and close it, the fire in his hand burning mine. "You are who you chose to be, I'm not going to dictate that choice for you." I told him, looking up and moving my hand away from him. "So, who are you?" I ask him, trying with all my ability to sound reassuring.

Katherine

I look into the green flame in silence while I listen to his tale, appearing more and more similar to my own flame. "You know, if it makes you feel better, I've always had two sides of myself. It's what you choose to make of it."

I took a peek at the time on the screen of my DA. "Anyways, it's almost time for dinner. I'm going to go drop this off and go get some." I pick up my package and made my way through the crowd and to my living quarters.

---

When I sat down on my bunk, I tore off the paper wrapping, revealing a metal box with a simple fingerprint lock. I opened it, displaying several kinds of fruit and berries, neatly packed in small glass containers. Underneath all that was seven sets of clothes and a note.

"I've heard you lost some comrades in battle and took a few hits for your team, so here's something from home to make you feel better. Go ahead and put your old clothes in here when you're done. - A"

Huh. I emptied the box, placing the fruit and new clothes underneath the bunk and my torn clothes in the box, snapping it shut, where it then disappeared in a familiar fashion to my guns.

J

I listen carefully to Ash's words, my eyes darting around the sea of wounded and non-wounded men around us, my eyelids blinking rapidly to take away the tears I shed. The questions, the doubts, the visions, the sound of the memories, they all fade as they are replaced by Miller's words.

I feel her hands on mine, and I could pick up a faint smell of something being burnt. I feel my burning hand being closed, the fire fading, appearing only as a faint glow on my palm and my fingertips, as she moved her hand away. I closed my eyes, trying to recollect myself. I keep trying and trying and trying. Finally, I decided that was too much to do in one day.

"I'm... a man. I'm a person. I used to be... a soldier. But then, something... happened to me. Now, I'm a mercenary. I have a team, with two rookies who are learning the job, and a veteran soldier, who used to be... on your team. And then, I have... Davo. I'm not sure of my name, but, until I do... Call me J." I said, looking at Miller, trying to recap my life.

"How's that for today?" I asked her once more, not really expecting an answer. I look over to Katherine, as she tries to comfort me with her words. As I nod, she looks at her DA. Huh, I never realized it was nighttime already. Guess time's a bit wonky when you're in space. Wait, are we in space?

The Menzo-something has taken full effect on me, and I stand up, albeit my feet feel weak, and I still have to limp around. I glance back at Ashley, motioning her to help me out. "I'll sort through my memories later. I'll rest for now." I said to her. I then looked at Katherine, and said loudly after her, as she headed back to her quarters. I just remembered a snippet of my earlier experiences, about some talking about gun modifications. "Hey, Kat! We can talk guns some other time, yeah?"

"Alright, J. We have unfinished buisness, but do take care and rest. For everyone's sake. You've had a lot happen, and we still need you. Life wouldn't be the same without you here." I said, then stood as well, making my way trough the room and out to my quarters. I didn't feel hungry right now, and I was still feeling tired. I walked back into my room, laid down on my bed and made an attempt to sleep, praying no nightmares came.

Katherine

My brother came over the comms, "Hey Kath, just got your clothes back on the ship. What the hell have you been doing out there?"

"Oh, I don't know. Killing, scavenging, mauling, you know... The usual. What else is up?"

"Well, I just got word from home sector that several fellas are being transferred over to your position. They'll be here in about a few weeks. Not really too sure though, but at least they're familiar faces..."

"No spoilers please. Anyways, I'm going to sleep, bye." I swapped comm channels, swapping over to one with J and Ashley, in time to hear J yell in my already abused ears, "Any time, J. Tell me if anything bothers either of you, no matter how silly it is. I'm going for dinner so~"

And then I just passed out right there on the bed. Sugar crashes are insanely spectacular for my kind.

J

I walk around for a while, trying to regain my bearings. Remember where my room is.

I wondered for a while. It's absolutely crowded with wounded. Many of them grievously wounded, missing arms and legs. This must be from the gunships exploding. Crystal bolts don't do that. I walked around. The bar is, surprisingly, almost empty. I guess the usual customers are either wounded or dead, and whoever is here is trying to drink themselves to sleep, or have already gone to their rooms and slept.

What a mess. I kept walking, seeing as asking for clear directions in a bar won't get me anywhere. I walked through group after group of people, wounded and healthy alike. I got many glances of surprise and possibly of horror from other people. I guess it's the red marks all across my body.

I finally came across an MP, trying desperately to yell over the loud commotion of the crowd. Something about staying calm and moving in an orderly fashion. That never works. I approached him, and had him do something actually useful, rather than ruin his throat screaming useless instructions. I asked the direction to the Twisted Wolf assigned quarters. He gave me a glance, and then instructed me.

I headed back, the familiar door to my room restating its place in my brain. As it clanked open, I could see my Fireteam inside. John was getting patched up by Danny, Carlie was monitoring New Union channels for any more intelligence on New Krona and the operation as a whole. I doubt he has any luck.

The three men were exasperated at the sight of me, and Carlie immediately summoned Parkins and Davo back from the infirmaries. They arrived very quickly after. They were worried sick about me, it seems. I talked to them, lots and lots of talking. Davo yelled at me, I guess the same way a wife would yell at a husband after a few decades together, about how reckless I was and how my behavior would get me killed off for good one day.

It feels good to be back. I'm gonna... sleep... now...

(Alright, ready? No need for an Adrian update, since I realized I already did that)

DM

It has been 2 weeks since the fall of New Krona on March 12th, 2540 CE. Troop morale among the New Union Armed Forces is at an all time low. The New Union High Command has been unable to rally enough ships in the now depleted New Union Navy to actually execute a high level military strike against the Smierc Collective. This leaves the New Union in an extremely fragile state, as most of the New Union Navy is forced to guard Thorix, rather than start engagements of their own against the resurgent Smierc Collective.

The New Union High Command, however, finally approved a medium-scale strike against a Portus-based Smierc Collective strike fleet. New Union Intelligence picked up news that the fleet located in Portus will be deployed against Potenza to deal a major blow against the naval construction infrastructure of the New Union. Not intending for the Smierc Collective to deal such a blow, the New Union High Command assigned Scouting Fleet Spero for the strike.

Should the Scouting Fleet fail in this mission, the New Union may be forced to face the very real possibility of a defeat and assimilation into the Smierc Collective.

ARC 3: A Cornered Rat Will Bite

NPC Commanders

- New Union Armed Forces: Commander George S. Perez
- Smierc Collective: Fleet Lord Garbacz

Starting Locations

- New Union (And Twisted Wolves hired): The Scouting Fleet Spero. You may be in a separate ship or start off in the flagship, NUSS Artemis III

- Smierc Collective (And Twisted Wolves hired): The Strike Fleet located on Portus. Feel free to designate a flagship amongst yourselves.

Adrian

For the past 2 weeks, it's been horrible. As the Fireteam Leader, I was forced to put on a facade to keep the new guys' morale up, but I knew that it wasn't in anyway believable. We, the New Union, just lost our capital planet, New Krona, to the Smierc Collective. There are many who had family there and couldn't escape, only adding more fear and despair to our already bad situation.

It didn't exactly help that I began to see my ancestors again.

Nathan Walker, Aaron J. Roan, and Evan K. Roan. They all come to me, looking at me with expecting eyes and urging me to take on the mantle of the Guardian as they did in the past. Every time, I yell at them in their faces, saying that there is no place for Guardians anymore in the New Union. The Patriarchs are dead, and the Elders have been long gone. Why do I have to continue an alien race's code of honor? We're all just trying to get by as humans!

I looked on with a blank face as I saw Captain Nuremberg on the hologram display, alongside with a tactical battle display for our briefing for the mission.

DM

Captain Nuremberg made sure that all the Sabre Corps and Twisted Wolves in the mission was in the briefing room of the NUSS Artemis III and their other ships part of the Scouting Fleet before starting the mission briefing.

"I trust that all of you are well rested. As you may know, the Smierc Collective has been preparing for an assault on Potenza with their strike fleet on Portus. We've contacted the Portus underground resistance movement as part of our intelligence gathering, and the situation is not looking good. Take a look here."

The Captain switched the hologram display to that of a local resistance fighter's captured footage, which depicted gigantic Smierc naval ships never before seen.

"As you can see, there are completely new Smierc warships that were never deployed in the war so far. Considering that Potenza is our main naval construction center, the Smiercs are going to want to put everything they've got into their attack. However, we're not planning on letting them do that."

The Captain once again switched to the plan's visual aid, which roughly outlines where the Sabre Corps and Twisted Wolves will operate.

"Unfortunately for the Smiercs, we've got intel from the Portus underground resistance movement that the Smiercs will be gathering their ships into one spaceport in Portus' orbit, all docked in one of their orbital shipyards. It looks like they'll be trying to put some last second upgrades to their fleet."

The Captain slams down his fist, emphasizing the opportunity given by the Smiercs.

"This is our chance to strike their strike fleet in one location. The Sabre Corps and Twisted Wolves will go and plant multiple nuclear charges inside of the enemy warships, while the Scouting Fleet stays on standby. Once 50% of the ships gathered are strapped with those nukes, you will call us in to start the naval engagement. Scouting Fleet Spero should be able to handle the weakened Smierc fleet once those nukes are set off."

"Do you understand? We cannot afford to lose Potenza! Go, report to your dropships! Good hunting out there! Captain Nuremberg, out..."

With that said, the Sabre Corps and Twisted Wolves roll out to their hangars, getting ready for a desperate attack to prevent the utter loss of the New Union to the Smierc Collective.

Gladus

Planting nuclear weapons on highly guarded nuclear ships? He shook his head the thought, I'd hate to be the unlucky bloke who plants them, he thought to himsel, but then the thought of him having to plant the bomb swept into his mind, "No, they wouldn't" he would murmur to him self.

Once he did finally arrive to the dropships he would make a quick check on his gear, now, he wasn't a safety freak but he preferred not dying. His rifle, Check. Pistol, check. He went on to do this with all his gear, checking every corner of every weapon and piece of special plating.

After he did eventually check ever piece of gear he'd scan his dropship, looking for anyone he did know, not that he would know any of them but you always got to have a little hope after all.

(EDIT: 420 post hype)

Last edited:
Katherine

I walked out of the briefing room, annoyed that they hadn't discussed a counter against the WMD... We've had two defeats at the hands of 'the wave' and we're going to get another if we don't have measures against this.

I started walking for the NUSS Artemis III's hangar, recapping on the events of the past few weeks. I managed to get some time to train with J, and getting a few sets of clothes burned in the process, but leaving me mostly unharmed. He should have a better time controlling how much energy he uses, but I'm still concerned about how spacey he still is since New Krona.

I reached the hangar, meeting up with Ashley Miller, my new friend from a month ago, and my new Captain. I tried asking the Commander for a higher rank, but was quickly denied with the excuse, "You haven't proven your loyalty here yet," even though we both knew why I couldn't be trusted to lead a team. I had to get out before I blew the whole room up in flames, but was followed up with word that I was officially assigned to Fireteam Omaha.

I did my final check on my gear, making sure my weaponry and my armor were equipped and not in my room, before stepping into the dropship, waving a simple "hello", before sitting down. Speaking of my armor, I managed to get some adaptive plating that shifts to my body, so that they didn't stress under shifting and eventually break off. Just in case it does happen even with the upgrades, I still have my jacket to keep things together.

Let's just hope no one on this team dies. I can't stand a single casualty while I'm on a team. It'd look bad on my career.

Last edited:
The debrief gave me a feeling of deja vu, with trying to blow up more warships from the inside. I nodded a hello to Joa- er, J. It's been a few weeks and I still sometimes call him that. Perhaps I never will get used to it. Between training with my team, and helping out in the bar on occasion (whom which the tender and I are now good friends), I never got to talk to J about Allison, perhaps after this op I should approach him. I walked over to Katherine, giving a subtle wave. I had pre-checked my gear in my room, making sure I had everything. I requested I new helmet from the requisition officer, which I had gained a week ago, until then I had dealt with the space helmet. My old helmet was on a nightstand in my room, still cracked, though after awhile I had decided to clean it.

I stepped in to the dropship, taking a seat next to Katherine, glancing over to her new adaptive plating. It was a good call for her to make in my opinion, so now she had more protection in her other form, and when she got out of it. "Same shit, different day, yeah?" I said to her, referring to how we were doing the same job as before at New Krona.

I overheard someone say that it was the same job just another day, but I highly doubt that. He'd walk over to the seat on the other side of Katherine, "So, I hear you have already planted nuclear explosives on warships, eh?" He'd say quite starkly. The seat he was on was quite uncomfortable, the metal was really cold and hard making it hard on the back. I had my sniper in my lap, with a wet cloth in my right hand. I didnt know many of the people here, but it wouldn't hurt trying to get to know some new people, but as I have learnt before, never get to attached to someone.

"Anyway, the name is Gladus, Gladus Uvich. Staff sergeant in the recon trooper squadron, "And you two are?" His tone was quite dead with a slight hint of curiosity.

J

It had been quite a while. Two weeks, my AI informed me. I've gotten... quite accustomed to the memory rift. I've remembered pieces and snippets here and there, during training with Katherine, discussions with Ash. Huh, odd. Ever since the incident, I've been calling her Ash a lot more than previously. One of the many quirks of double head concussion combined with injury and a lifetime's worth of memories crammed into my mind in an instant, I guess.

I sat on my bed, cradling a small flame in my red hand. It feels very weird. My right hand couldn't channel the flames before. It can throw out the fire torrents, but it can't form defined shapes yet, so Fire Claymore is out of question. For now. Katherine and I have found out a way to boost my abilities with those Silentium reserve generators that the Sabre Corps boys had. More dependence on Silentium, I guess.

My AI notifies me of a debriefing taking place soon. I shrug, and put my armor on. My room was empty, as everyone else had already headed to the debrief room, leaving me alone in my comfort. My Fireteam has provided me some privacy and comfort, seeing as I almost died twice that day. I look over to my gear, and began putting it on.

The feeling of my armor, foreign yet familiar. I've made some repairs during these two weeks. My dark red armor plates, with the holes in them patched over with scrap metal, also from other KAISYS armor frames that... became "recently vacant" after the New Krona defense failed. I've decided to paint the patch pieces black, just to have them stand out a bit. The left forearm patches, however, I've painted them dark green. I don't know if this is a good color combination or not, but I think it looks pretty.

The Focus Crystals have scattered themselves after all the shaking and the shots I received, but thankfully, I thought of that. I keep a box of Focus Crystals wherever I go, both for showing off and adding to my armor. I've spent the last few days weaving the Focus Crystals directly into the armor frame itself, experimenting a bit with the welders and stuff. I've given them a paintjob as well. Gleaming light blue, just to show them off more prominently, probably shock a few Smierc rookies. Speaking of killcounts, I've added two more stripes to my mercenary kill count.

I reach for my LMG. It's a new one, and has that new factory smell. Otherwise, I've attached the previous attachment settings onto the thing, and it feels just like my old one. I've given it a basic black paint, and nothing else. I grab it after putting my armor on, and headed out.

I opened the door to the briefing room, and took a seat. The seating itself is absolute shit-tier metal buttrest, but my armor plates have dampened it somewhat. I put my LMG between my legs, and attentively listened to the briefing, feeling a few rookie eyes landing on the faded marks on my face. The skin hasn't fully healed yet, and some of them have left scars, particularly on my left forearm. Really starting to regret shielding Ash from that shrapnel now.

I received the debriefing. I processed it as we headed to our hangars, my Fireteam gathering around me. This is the same shit again, isn't it? Wasn't that our original mission on New Krona, before the shitstorm hit us? We failed that one, and Command's response is to do it... again? I'm quite bewildered by this series of decisions and commands.

Distracted from my train of thought, I spot our dropship. As I head inside, I find Fireteam Omaha, Katherine and Miller chatting together, along with... a new face. Huh. As we came closer, I could hear snippets of his conversation. His name is apparently Gladys Ulrich. A recon sergeant in the staff trooper squadron. I didn't know that even existed. Oh wait.

I probably heard that wrong. My Fireteam entered the dropship, Parkins nodding to Miller and Katherine. We took our seats, and I spoke up. "Hey Kat, Hey Ash. And you..." I looked to him, looking quite puzzled. "... I didn't get your name just now." I motioned for him to speak, as I primed my helmet, booting it up.

I cleared my throat with a gruff before looking at the person who just entered the dropship, "Ahh yes, Gladus Uvich, an enlist to this branch but trust me I have lots of experience on the field." I continued to wipe my rifle up and down with the wet clothe, there were some spots that had very obvious blood spots that I couldn't wipe off for the life of me. I looked back up at the one that asked the question, my visor lighting up, "And you are?" I placed my rifle against the wall next to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back