Journal [Heavy Topic] Are you having a hard time with life? Please come to this thread

HarleyQuip

I'm dealing with a lot of personal issues that are really weighting me down... I've found a spark of hope and inspiration, and for anyone having issues with self identity, terrible self destructive thoughts, or just would like a generally uplifting and thoughtful philosophical point of view on life... then take a listen to any of these videos:

here is the link for anyone that wants the full playlist, for whatever reason it's not doing the full playlist:
Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMRrCYPxD0I&list=RDQMzFHLZyCdwrE&index=1

perhaps a lesson of humility, self awareness, or help with something you're struggling with can be found in the videos above... I hope this finds you well, and even moreso I hope that it brightens your day... to know that you are not alone and there is still hope.

Last edited:
Off topic, I really like your profile image. Before realizing that it was a fountain pen, I had thought it was a normal pen that exploded at the tip. Either way, it's pretty cool.

On topic, It's awesome how music can change or enhance someone's perspective of life. Makes me wish I had listened to more music when I was young. Some people grow up the hard way, but you are giving them an alternative. So, good on you.

Off topic, I really like your profile image. Before realizing that it was a fountain pen, I had thought it was a normal pen that exploded at the tip. Either way, it's pretty cool.

On topic, It's awesome how music can change or enhance someone's perspective of life. Makes me wish I had listened to more music when I was young. Some people grow up the hard way, but you are giving them an alternative. So, good on you.
I'd say thank you, and thank you on both accounts. It's not just music though the main context is of a philosopher by the name of "Alan Watts". The music just adds another layer of emotion, which I really enjoy, into his speeches. I've had a lot of troubling history and so my defense mechanisms were developed rather early, however it seems my mind is still playing catchup. However... I've thought about death probably far more than any person my age should, and all of the bigger questions that you start to ask later on in life. So to hear someone else with similar thoughts and feelings on the matters that has so much more life experience than myself... is... comforting to say the least. TrumpCard TrumpCard

Also as a side note your avatar makes me laugh. I believe it to be a picture of the sun (going to ruin the name) clan fella from dark souls basking himself in what appears to be Elixir of Life (perhaps thats wrong too) TrumpCard TrumpCard along with your name... it's a beautiful duet in my mind

HarleyQuip HarleyQuip

Oh, I'm not very old at all. I just grew up fast. Haha. Sad to think about, really.

As for my avatar, you would be mostly correct. It is a fine piece of symbolism, really. It is Solaire, the original Sunbro from Dark Souls. But he isn't chugging an Estus, as it is called. Instead, he is drenching himself in Sunny-D. I think it's a pretty funny.

HarleyQuip HarleyQuip

Oh, I'm not very old at all. I just grew up fast. Haha. Sad to think about, really.

As for my avatar, you would be mostly correct. It is a fine piece of symbolism, really. It is Solaire, the original Sunbro from Dark Souls. But he isn't chugging an Estus, as it is called. Instead, he is drenching himself in Sunny-D. I think it's a pretty funny.
oh that makes it even better hahahaha

I'm dealing with a lot of personal issues that are really weighting me down... I've found a spark of hope and inspiration, and for anyone having issues with self identity, terrible self destructive thoughts, or just would like a generally uplifting and thoughtful philosophical point of view on life...

perhaps a lesson of humility, self awareness, or help with something you're struggling with can be found in the videos above... I hope this finds you well, and even moreso I hope that it brightens your day... to know that you are not alone and there is still hope.
Hey, I listened to a few of Alan Watts' lectures not too long ago actually, and I think you might also be interested in reading up on the French existential philosopher Albert Camus.

Existentialism in general has proven to be useful to me at least, in regards to forming part of my current world view.
Uplifting and empowering stuff, I think.

Hey, I listened to a few of Alan Watts' lectures not too long ago actually, and I think you might also be interested in reading up on the French existential philosopher Albert Camus.

Existentialism in general has proven to be useful to me at least, in regards to forming part of my current world view.
Uplifting and empowering stuff, I think.
Thanks for the suggestion

Get some dryness in your life, brah. You're gonna drown in all that moisture.

That is our duty as members of the Moisture Church. We drown in the sweat of our exercise; the results of our actions must be accepted.

Death from intense drenchedness is not something to be feared.

That is our duty as members of the Moisture Church. We drown in the sweat of our exercise; the results of our actions must be accepted.

Death from intense drenchedness is not something to be feared.

You're right, it'll be the smell of your armpits that will be the greatest weapon of all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back