• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Heavensfall [Apocalyptic WW2 Scifi]

Cassie Lang

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
QTJ0Kjm.jpg

Synopsis​
Europe, 1945 — In what was the waning days of the Second World War, the anticipated V-E Day ultimately never came. Unbeknownst to the Allies, the Ahnenerbe think tank of the Schutzstaffel had made a breakthrough in their "heritage research", opening a webway into alternate dimensions through ancient artifacts discovered on an expedition years earlier. However, though they had proved to be successful, what came next would be disastrous for the entire world.

Monstrous creatures and machinery spewed from the webway portal, bringing death and destruction to the already beleaguered Third Reich and eventually, the Allies. The artillery of the Americans, the panzers of the Germans, the conscripts of the Russians—nothing could put a dent in their forces, even moreso when they had the ability to "transform" the dead and comatose into what is now dubbed "impure strains", wicked killing machines specially adapted for a task or purpose.

With these new strains, it was not long until this alien foe had conquered Europe and began their rather unstoppable push into the Soviet Union in preparation for something bigger—the end of the New World.

America, 1947 — When reports from Europe and other parts of the world ceased to come in, the New World and the few surviving governments-in-exile readied their defenses for an enemy that they knew little about. An enemy that would shred through what defenses were mustered, apparent by the sudden downfall of the United States and surrounding countries. Desertion was common, whereas others chose suicide, knowing the enemy they were fighting was very well the mutated bodies of their once family and friends.

Not all faltered in the face of the enemy, however. A small group of survivors—a ragtag band of soldiers and civilians—have joined forces in a desperate attempt to escape the heavily-bombed and infested city of Detroit, Michigan, and you are among them.

Will you escape, or will you be just another nameless victim of the war?

OOC Information​
Okay, I'll pretty this up later so it doesn't look halfassed when it isn't midnight, but this is just a general interest check to see who'd be interested in a more "dark and mature" kind of apocalypse scenario.

If you've played any of the Resistance series, then you know what I'm more or less going for here. If you haven't, then let me explain. Aliens invade, humanity struggles to fight back, the dead, comatose (bodies forcibly infected by small bug-like creatures) or sometimes the living are forcibly mutated right where they lay or at conversion centers into alien freaks to fuel their war effort. If you want something more specific, I'd suggest watching some of the Fall of Man cutscenes and listening to Henry Stillman's broadcasts from R2 (be warned, it can be slightly creepy hearing him describe things in detail).

But yeah, that's basically what I'm going for. Resistance but not quite Resistance. Anyway, if you're interested, I'll respond to any questions anyone has later most likely in the morning. That being said, I did want to state a few things before I go to any interested parties: 1) Post rate/speed is an expected 2-3 para minimum at least once per week, 2) don't be a dick and listen to GM(s), and 3) follow RPN rules on top of mine.

Right, as I battle a Halloween that ultimately looks like Christmas Day with a surprise snowstorm that doesn't seem like it'll let up soon, anyone have any questions so far?

im curious to know if when the rp starts our potential characters have all been surviving amongst each other for some time, as part of the "community"/ragtag group, or if it'll start with majority on their lonesome and the survivors meet irp to create that little group

im curious to know if when the rp starts our potential characters have all been surviving amongst each other for some time, as part of the "community"/ragtag group, or if it'll start with majority on their lonesome and the survivors meet irp to create that little group

Most likely together as a recently formed group of survivors or split in randomized groups that will later link up. Personally, I'm not a fan of the lonewolf/lonesome arc. Had some players do it a zombie RP, which forced me to reconsider how I wanted the RP to play out in order to include their characters only for said people to disappear on me.

So, that makes... what, seven people so far? Going to give it a few days before making the OOC to drum up a little more interest.

Anyone have any character ideas that I can help iron out or want to run by me?

So, that makes... what, seven people so far? Going to give it a few days before making the OOC to drum up a little more interest.

Anyone have any character ideas that I can help iron out or want to run by me?
A 2nd-year medical student who got his class bombed out by the aliens. Think of him as the team medic. Name's Jason Smith and he starts with a handful of medical supplies. Armed with a simple scalpel, he doesn't have much in the way of combat abilities.

Most likely together as a recently formed group of survivors or split in randomized groups that will later link up. Personally, I'm not a fan of the lonewolf/lonesome arc. Had some players do it a zombie RP, which forced me to reconsider how I wanted the RP to play out in order to include their characters only for said people to disappear on me.
thanks for that! that sounds good :3 - i know exactly where you're coming from~ i understand completely.

I'll drop my interest her, Peppercorn.

I'm kinda bummed tho! My man holyman1998 holyman1998 got the medic role on tap already, I love-hate you for that.

Anyways. My idea was a radioman or a medic.

P Pepper So how realistic you wanting to make things? You wanting is to play things cautious and smart? Such as conserving ammo, fortifications, tactical movement, etc. Or taking a more action hero oriented approach?

We going with standard equipment for soldiers? Like us all having the M1 Garand. Or pick whatever.

Also! How hard were the Navy and Airforces and Armored Divisions hit, and had any intel gotten out about best ways to deal with the zombies, parasites, and aliens?

And if it's available and not nabbed by the GM, I might offer to nab Team Lead! Otherwise I'm partial standard infantry, unless youd prefer more specific class archtypes.

P Pepper So how realistic you wanting to make things? You wanting is to play things cautious and smart? Such as conserving ammo, fortifications, tactical movement, etc. Or taking a more action hero oriented approach?

We going with standard equipment for soldiers? Like us all having the M1 Garand. Or pick whatever.

Also! How hard were the Navy and Airforces and Armored Divisions hit, and had any intel gotten out about best ways to deal with the zombies, parasites, and aliens?

1) The former. I'm not a big fan of action hero concepts in post-apocalyptic roleplays. I like the nitty gritty of trying to survive each day, having to scavenge and make do with what they have.

2) If you're playing a soldier, yes. But do consider this is post-apocalyptic and their kit is likely not in the best shape.

3) Nearly everything in Europe had been wiped out. Any military units, at least those on the East Coast, are probably wiped out, under strength or crumbling under pressure or other incidents like desertion. After all, the tech difference is considerable, given you're using WW2 weapons vs. alien tech like SMGs that can tag someone so their shots don't miss, snipers that have energy blasts that can phase through walls at targets, etc. Essentially I'm ripping the Chimera and all their variations and tech from the Resistance series and putting it into my own story line, albeit with slight modifications.

Civilians will likely know nothing about the threat except maybe rumors that have escaped into the general public. As for soldiers, it depends on clearance. Regardless, the best way to deal with them is probably unknown, given that the enemy is 100% adaptable with various strains, and that the tech level is like a butter knife vs. a M16, allowing the aliens to essentially blow through any resistance with ease.

And if it's available and not nabbed by the GM, I might offer to nab Team Lead! Otherwise I'm partial standard infantry, unless youd prefer more specific class archtypes.

Sure, you can go for team lead, but that doesn't mean all characters will be willing to follow you IC. I'm going for someone in the Women's Army Corps, alternatively the WAC for short, myself.

im still considering, but- oh jeez your message just popped up~ i was gonna say an army woman or a teacher~ WAC sounds like an alright choice for me :)
i was also curious about faceclaims/physical character descriptions~ and what kind you'd like

oh- another question~ sorry i'm asking so many-
what about, someone out of A.W.A.S?? [Australian Women's Army Corps]- that is, only if she could have made it to America before all this went down. Considering they were the "only non-medical women's service to send personnel overseas during the war " i suppose it could be possible...?
supposed I may as well just bring that up~

D. Rex D. Rex

Watch this to kind of get an idea of what I'm going for.

myst.erion myst.erion I have no preference as long as fits the setting and isn't anime. So if you want art or an IRL FC, I don't mind either.

As for the AWAS, I'd have to say no. Not really sure why they'd be in America instead of toughing it out in the Pacific somewhere. Maybe the CWAS or ATS if you want to go for the British perspective?

1) The former. I'm not a big fan of action hero concepts in post-apocalyptic roleplays. I like the nitty gritty of trying to survive each day, having to scavenge and make do with what they have.

2) If you're playing a soldier, yes. But do consider this is post-apocalyptic and their kit is likely not in the best shape.

3) Nearly everything in Europe had been wiped out. Any military units, at least those on the East Coast, are probably wiped out, under strength or crumbling under pressure or other incidents like desertion. After all, the tech difference is considerable, given you're using WW2 weapons vs. alien tech like SMGs that can tag someone so their shots don't miss, snipers that have energy blasts that can phase through walls at targets, etc. Essentially I'm ripping the Chimera and all their variations and tech from the Resistance series and putting it into my own story line, albeit with slight modifications.

Civilians will likely know nothing about the threat except maybe rumors that have escaped into the general public. As for soldiers, it depends on clearance. Regardless, the best way to deal with them is probably unknown, given that the enemy is 100% adaptable with various strains, and that the tech level is like a butter knife vs. a M16, allowing the aliens to essentially blow through any resistance with ease.

Sure, you can go for team lead, but that doesn't mean all characters will be willing to follow you IC. I'm going for someone in the Women's Army Corps, alternatively the WAC for short, myself.
1. Lovely! I do love a good survival game.

2. Perfect! All the more important to choose simple and reliable. Something more easily cleaned and repaired in the field. And a hint at what would be most available.

3. Cool beans! That helps give me a good state of things. As well as to let me know how to approach things! Definitely gonna need to know what sort of detection capabilities the enemy has. Cause it's either Guerilla or Manhattan Project to give us any semblance of hope.

4. All the better! Puts pressure on me to make someone reliable, and pressure on me IC to do a good job. I do like making things harder for myself. Which includes the fun job of trying to keep folk from breaking ranks and throwing more confusion and death about. As from the sound of it, large swathes of even the remaining military have already been routed.

oh- another question~ sorry i'm asking so many-
what about, someone out of A.W.A.S?? [Australian Women's Army Corps]- that is, only if she could have made it to America before all this went down. Considering they were the "only non-medical women's service to send personnel overseas during the war " i suppose it could be possible...?
supposed I may as well just bring that up~
If you got fingers you can pull a trigger! :3 And even the non combat women displayed incredible amounts of grit and determination and integrity in the face of horrifying odds. With many soldiers turning yellow, a nurse or mechanic or pilot that takes up a rifle would be pretty well suited to ensure the gruesome reality of what is being faced. And best part is, in the situation, no one is gonna split hairs over what's between their legs. Especially as bad as our position sounds.

I'm down! I'm thinking of a reporter turned reluctant soldier. He isn't the best with a gun, honestly would prefer not to pick one up, but he understands that he needs to do what is necessary. He is currently trying to put together a small paper that will bring out the small good things that happen every day. Some would call him naive, he prefers the term hopeful.

I'mma give this a bump before I get ready to head out for an appointment. I'll be back hopefully later to answer any more questions.

Another question! You said it's like resistance but not quite. So in this "inspired by" kind of take, what notable differences set it apart?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back