• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Heavens Fall (applications closed)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Dr. Whateley leaned back in his chair. That was... that was a lot to handle, he had to admit. He didn’t consider himself superstitious, but he couldn’t deny, he felt a sudden chill possess him, and the sensation of a thousand eyes at his back. He momentarily wondered if the results of a thousand whispered experiments and broken graveyards were coming back to haunt him.

He pushed the thought from his mind, taking a deep breath, and removing his pinz-nec. “So, how exactly are we going to kill this thing?” He stated. “Or, Perhaps, these things.” He amended. “Clearly, there’s a single mage of unprecedented power. Or, a coven of highly powerful mages.”

Taissa sits listening, absorbing the information and trying to wrap her head around it. The creator is mad at humanity and is threatening to end the world? “Makes sense.” She murmurs to herself, thinking about all of the greed and abuse of power she has witnessed over years of wandering from city to city. But Taissa has never believed in a singular creator. She never really believed in anything but evolution. Maybe a bit of luck and a bit of fate but it was all so problematic.
At Doctor Whateleys questions, Taissa nods slightly and adds, “it has to be a mage, right? To activate the crystal?”

The director folds his hands in front of his mouth and sighs, "Unfortunately, yes. My partner, you see, had other ideas. His shadow organization is activating the crystals and setting them upon the world. Scenes like the one you witnessed today will become a common occurrence."

Mention: Remus117 Remus117 Lovelylie Lovelylie

“Hmm.” Whateley pondered this. He knew there were multiple agencies that dealt with Occult affairs, some of which the mundane crowd deemed conspiracies. These two, however, seemed to be another level.
“You mentioned Guides, before. What guide were you given?”
TheWhiteLion TheWhiteLion

Taissa leans back as what the director says hits too close for comfort. The one responsible for the lives lost to the dragon was the directors former partner. Taissa is too deep in thought to hear what the Doctor says and blurts, “would you be able to kill him if it came to that? Your former partner I mean. It sounds like quite the conflict of interest.”

TheWhiteLion TheWhiteLion

The director presses a button on his chair. In the center of the table a small panel opens up and a 3d image of a scroll appears before them all. "This is our guide. Rather, our rules and regulations for the challenge. It says, 'Those who seek another end must gather together the strength of your spirits and slay twelve false harbingers of death. Gather the crystals and sacrifice all at the place where crystal light gathers."

His expression turns melancholic, "...We made our choices. If he is to stand against us then we have no choice but to stop him. If need be... I will pull the trigger myself."

Remus117 Remus117 Lovelylie Lovelylie

Whateley looked at the scroll carefully. Possibilities raced through his head, nothing seemed clear to him. He tried to focus on what was simple. The dragon was just the beginning. This organization could help his research. He'd have to work with them. He took a few deep breaths to calm his mind. He looked at the director again.
"Twelve false harbingers of death? Was the dragon the first? If not, what exactly are they?"

Maeve

The ghoul girl stared at the scroll and listened to the director's words with a slack and tired expression. In a moment though, her eyes narrowed and she reamained quiet for a time.
'False harbingers of death. You sure that couldn't be translated to harbingers of false death? I mean, I know humanity has very well fucked itself over, but I wouldn't be surprised if our apocalypse was to be suspended between death and life for... forever. I've met my fair share of undead. I only met one who was ever happy with it. I had to kill her. It would be a fitting fate.'

TheWhiteLion TheWhiteLion @ all others

Taissa guffaws at Maeves response. “The tour guide said something about us being initiates, but we really just seem like a bunch of criminals. Maeves murdered someone, I’ve murdered a few someone’s, Thalia over there looks like she could kill someone by just looking at them and the Doctor, well he’s shady.” Taissa turns to Doctor Whateley. “Sorry doc, I meant that in a good way.” She looks back at the director. “Do you think it was fate that we were there at the same time as the dragon and that we lived? That the higher powers thought ‘look at these naughty little delinquents, lets make them fight a dragon’? Or maybe, maybe we are prime examples of bad people and we’re being punished? I didn’t purposely kill my family so why is this happening? There are good people in the world, don’t they outweigh the bad?” Taissa leans back, closes her eyes and rubs her temples. “I’m losing my goddamn mind. 11 more dragons? I’m gonna need more maen. Waaaay more maen. I’m just a human that can’t control her fire magic. How am I even supposed to help?”

@ everyone

Last edited:
Maeve

Maeve listened with wide eyes and thin lips at Taissa's outburst. Her whole damn family? Had to hurt. And--
'No maen! I already told you, that shit is dangerous. I'm not going to fucking deal with an addict. You get hooked on that shit, you're going to become a liability before we get to apocalypse-bearer number three.'

Lovelylie Lovelylie @ any others

Taissa buries her face in her hands stressfully at Maeves scolding. She peaks at Maeve through the cracks of her fingers. “Just a tiny smidge? I mean, you’re the expert and all so you could maybe monitor it?” She says, hoping that a little compliment might sway her.

Dr. Whateley sighed, both at Taissa’s outburst and the response. “No, this time Maeve is right. The substance is clearly too dangerous for you to be using.” He put on an irritated tone of voice, “Though, if I had a larger sample instead of a shot-glass, I might be able to make some use of it!”
In truth, already the vial would be immensely helpful. Having more of it would only allow him to throw more experiments at the wall. Right now, he had a wonderful idea of keeping a mage’s severed head connected to a Maen based fluid. Imagine the kind of power that would have...
Lovelylie Lovelylie
Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101 TheWhiteLion TheWhiteLion

Maeve

'Exactly. This is me monitoring it.' She snapped, then heaved a sigh and fell back in her chair, rubbing her temples. A headache was blooming.
'You sound like you're addicted already. That's fucking... great,' Maeve groaned.

Taissa leans back with a huff and crosses her arms. “Fine I guess you’re right.” She says to Doctor Whateley. “And I’m not addicted, it’s only been a few hours since I used to I suppose I’m still feeling the affects.” She stares at the ceiling for a moment. “Is there a training programme here?” She asks the director. “For mages? Because I would really like to help but I’m afraid I haven’t spent much time exploring my um magicness.”

Remus117 Remus117 Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101 TheWhiteLion TheWhiteLion

Paul patiently waited for them to get their questions out and talk amongst themselves before speaking once more, "Currently, including the dragon you killed, we have three crystals. The crystals are not all dragons. 'False harbingers of death', we believe, mean mankind's perception of the bringers of doom. Dragons are one, but I believe you also know of a wolf and a serpent? There are quite a few different beasts that are used to signal the end."

He turns to Taissa, "Of course. Once you state your intent to assist us you will be give a clearance card level. Unfortunately we cant open the entire facility to new recruits right off the bat. However all basic facilities will be open to you."

Remus117 Remus117 Lovelylie Lovelylie Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101 Random42 Random42

Taissa looks around at everyone, and then at the room, thinking about whether to join or not. She knows she has nothing to lose and she knows she wants to help in any way. She believes that if she saves enough lives then it will make up for the lives she has taken. And with that, she nods. “I’m in. Let’s show the higher powers that we can be better.”

Maeve

'Ehh... I'll give it a shot, I don't have anything better to do. Sounds like a good cause. However,' Her tone sharpened and her eyes narrowed, 'I want the right to drop out if and when I want or need to.' bMaeve did to want to irrevocably commit to an entity she only knew so little about. But she needed to do something, needed something to occupy her. Needed direction. This wasn't necessarily a perfect dedication, but it was at least a distraction from the depressing monotony of nothing. Besides, she could probably use their resources to research some sort of 'cure for death.' She needed it.

@ any and all

Thalia.pngmentioned: TheWhiteLion TheWhiteLion
"Like i said, As long as i don't get stuck in a militaristic lifestyle then ill join... Especially the waking up at Six-part...", Thalia hadn't said much while Following the Director around on the tour. I mean who expects an 18-year old to have scientific questions, She was in awe the entire time due to the facilities here. "I'd also like to reserve my ability to drop out, In case this proves too much for me," She said as she hung her head in shame, How much damage did she actually do to that dragon, Did she help out at all?

Last edited:
The director nodded at them all, his smile warm, "Of course! Everyone you see here is a volunteer and they can leave if they wish. As far as military protocol is concerned we only use that to establish a fallback should the worst happen to the chain of command. As such, our only demand is that you be always at the ready to deploy. The lives of many people depend on how swift we can respond. Until such time, however, we do have other concerns... ah, you really shouldn't be out and about young man." He tsked towards the door where Samuel was now standing wrapped in bandages.

"Apologies director, I wanted to make my report as soon as I was able. I had assumed you would have finished by now." Samuel replies in the same tone as usual, though he seems a bit better than before, "The crystal was handed off to the research division for containment." He turns towards Maeve, "Rest assured, no one with magic ability is allowed to be near it without proper precautionary methods in place."

The director shook his head and sighed, clearly displeased that he was up and about, but does not shoo him away, "Very well, please, give me your honest opinion of our new companions and the battle you all faced."

Samuel looks around to all members present and, for the briefest moment, they might have seen a ghost of a smile, but it was gone as soon as it appeared, "Acknowledged, commencing report." He would then give an almost spot on play by play of the battle.

Lovelylie Lovelylie Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101 Random42 Random42 Remus117 Remus117

Maeve

When Sam made note that the crystal would in no way be activated, she breathed a sigh of relief and grumbled, 'good.' When she noticed he was covered in bandaging, she groaned.
'Fucking... just take a healing potion, gods...'Maeve dug one out of her bag and held it out to him. 'Better than bedrest. Even if you're not gonna use it, at least just take it.'

@ any and all

Dr. Whateley had nodded at the director, simple and assuredly, when they had asked for participation. After seeing this level of technology, and this much information, Whateley simply couldn’t resist. Not only that, but whatever these harbingers were, Whateley should know first. He wouldn’t tolerate any of the other hacks daring to claim this discovery as their own.
When the interesting boy returned, Whateley watched intently. It was fascinating how little emotion the subject displayed... questions for later. They listened intently as they made their report, and Maeve gave them a potion.
“Would you mind giving me one of those?” He asked as politely as he could towards the unusual alchemist.
Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101 TheWhiteLion TheWhiteLion

"Conclusion: The dragon would have destroyed everyone if even a single one of them was absent from the battle. I firmly believe this." He looks at the potion offered to him and opens his mouth to state that he does not require it, but instead simply closes his mouth and accepts it gratefully. "You are kind, thank you."

The director seemed amused at this, but says nothing about it, "You think very highly of them indeed." He speaks to all present, "Very rarely does he give his personal opinion like that. You all have made quite an impression and have cemented in my mind that no matter where you go or what you do you will achieve great things."

He stands, signaling that the meeting was over, "Rest for tonight. In the morning, at around 10 a.m., I will require your presence once more. This is regarding missions that are... not as critical. I will explain better when your bodies are rested and minds sharp. Until then, you will find your dorms on the left wing of the cafeteria. Women are bunked on the second floor, men on the first. Wouldn't want someone seeing things they shouldn't, yes?"

Samuel goes to follow him but is stopped at the door, "Stay here and become better acquainted with them. From now on, you are assigned to this group as their scout. Consider this a reprimand for disobeying a direct order."

Samuel is as blank as ever as he responds with a simple, "Understood director." With that, he turns back to the group and waits... for anything really.

Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101 Remus117 Remus117 Lovelylie Lovelylie Random42 Random42

Thalia.png
mentioned: TheWhiteLion TheWhiteLion (And everyone)
Thalia didn't like the awkward silence one bit, it was well...Quite awkward.

She spoke up, saying the first thing that comes to her head, "H-How about we do Icebreakers, You know...The thing people did in school to get to know others in class..Um, You say your name...Which we already have done, And you say a couple of things about yourself that you think the others should know..." Whether she would get awkward glares or they would actually go with her idea was yet to be found out, yet Thalia was proud of herself for attempting to break the silence...

Dr. Whateley was impressed by Samuel, despite the latter's youth."Thank you for for such commendations, Samuel." The boy didn't seem to react overly much to the praise, which was perhaps in-character for him. Despite himself, Whateley was happy the boy would be their scout. He'd remembered how Samuel skewered the dragon, and was curious about some of their other capabilities.
Whateley was amused by Thalia's suggestion, but ultimately he thought it could be useful. He would prefer to get to know the group better. He laughed, breaking the silence after the girl spoke. "Well, like you said, everyone knows my name... but what may not be known is that I'm left-handed, and fluent in several ancient languages." Whateley was curious about what the others might say; especially Maeve. That one was a curious specimen.
Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101 TheWhiteLion TheWhiteLion Lovelylie Lovelylie Random42 Random42

Maeve

Maeve was quiet for a while; until the collective silence began to loom.
'Uh... my mother taught me the basics of alchemy when I was a kid... uuhhh....' There was very little about herself she'd care to share. 'I learned fencing, found a mentor, and started adventuring. We parted ways a few years ago. I think instrumental music sounds nice.' She fell silent again, and it became evident that she would not elaborate further. Maeve simply rubbed her eyes--an itch that she disguised as fatigue.

@any and all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back