• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Heavens Fall (applications closed)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Maeve

Maeve was almost visibly seething. When Taissa took the pouch back, real worry began to rise. It showed on her face with knit eyebrows and a bitten lip. And nearly boiled over when Taissa said she killed person who gave her the drug. She took the pouch back as soon as it was offered again, then filled a small vial halfway with the stuff, and handed it to the doctor. Maeve then walked a ways away, opened the pouch, and emptied her waterskin into it. The maen spat and sparked, and the final solution glowed and bubbled. Immediately, the ghoul threw it as far as she could--she didn't try to aim. She couldn't, anyway--and where it burst open on the ground it hissed angrily. She returned back to the three.
'I've studied alchemy for fifteen years.'

Taissa cant keep her eyes off Maeve as she tampers with the maen, and then she throws it and Taissa almost cries out. She tears her gaze from Maeve after what seems like eternity and shrugs feeling defeated. “Guess it needed to be done.” She turns to Samuel. “Ready when you are, cap’n.” She half jokes.

Thalia.pngMentioned: Remus117 Remus117
"Don't worry about it doctor, Dragons are evil, So i shot it, I don't need Thanks for doing such a simple thing..." She said happily, though before he approached her it seemed like something was bothering her. "I wonder how much i actually did..." she mumbled underneath her breath.

Mention: Random42 Random42 @A-i-D-ee-Crisis
He tilted his head at the girl’s simple answer. He supposed, however, it was correct. He moved away from her, turning next to the one with the mask. “I don’t believe I’ve introduced myself...” he said, peering At the man quizzically. This was one was perhaps the strangest of the gathered, at least in his mask and garment. He saw also the weapons he bore, and maintained a cautious distance. “I’m Dr. Armitage Whateley of the Miskatonic. I was visiting this city for research when the dragon attacked.”

Samuel pauses in his work and tilts his head in confusion, "I am not..." He pauses before shaking his head, "Understood, repairs are almost complete. I apologize for the inconvenience. I was not intended to do combat with that creature, so I was ill equipped for the event. Scouts like myself travel light."

Lovelylie Lovelylie

Without realizing it, he heard the device in his hand crackle to life, "Device repaired, attempting communication." He placed it back in his ear and tuned it to the familiar frequency, "Alpha scout to base requesting pickup, over."

A pause with nothing but static... then, "Copy that Alpha, a recovery team is already en route. We'd already prepared to gather remains, but you sound to be in one- hey! You can't just...!" There was a lot of arguing and movement before Samuel pulled the device out of his ear quickly.

What came from the other end was a lot of yelling and fussing about how much of an idiot he was and how much trouble he was in when he got back. The voice appeared to be that of an older woman. After the yelling had calmed down he placed the device back into his ear, "Acknowledged. After landing I will give my debrief and head straight to the-"

"No, you will do no such thing! As soon as you land you are to report to the medbay on the double! Am I understood!?"

"...Affirmative." And with that he switched off the device before any more yelling could be heard. "They should be here within a few minutes."

Sure enough, a chopper began to circle overhead and landed on the clearest open space available. After he explained the situation to the pilot everyone was ushered in to the chopper.

Remus117 Remus117 Random42 Random42 Lovelylie Lovelylie @A-i-D-ee-Crisis Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101

Last edited:
(To cut out the exposition, we flew over the city about an hour away to a mountain Cliffside. Cue super secret entryway and we landed.)

Samuel exited the chopper and waited for the engines to die down. "Your guide will be with you shortly. Again, I thank you for your assistance and should we meet again I will answer any questions you have." And with that, Samuel is immediately assisted by several medical officers standing by and sent to the medical bay.

(Samuel has left the party)

After a few moments, a typical MP stiff approaches the group and offers his greetings. "You are the potential candidates, yes? Please follow me. If you'd Like, we can take a tour of the facility or you can head straight to speak with the chairman. I will also answer any questions I can."

(Group vote. Tour or Skip)

Remus117 Remus117 Random42 Random42 Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101 Lovelylie Lovelylie

Mentioned: TheWhiteLion TheWhiteLion Random42 Random42 Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101 Lovelylie Lovelylie
Dr. Whateley was quite impressed by what he had seen so far, and he was certain he’d only skimmed the surface of what they they offered. He had no idea where they were exactly, and that was likely intentional.
There was no doubt, despite his pride in it this was far beyond the Miskatonic. They did the best with what they had, but the resources available here... he felt ready to burst. Of course, the Miskatonic had a much more stories history, not to mention the Brilliant Dr. Whateley... but this was still quite the opportunity.
“I’d very much like a tour.” He said the group and the guide, adjusting his pince-nez. “What is the exact name of this organization again? How long has this facility been operational?”

Thalia.pngmentioned: TheWhiteLion TheWhiteLion
Thalia would shrug, "I'll probably do whatever the others want, I'm not in particularly any rush, And i don't really care about knowing my way around this place" Although if she didn't know her way round then she could lie in later on and turn up to meetings then claim she got lost...

(I don't really mind)

The MP nods and ushers the group to follow him. He answers Dr. Whataley as they go. "Our organization is know as Evangel. We were tasked with uncovering relics, scrolls, and any such item that pertains to end of days prophecy or legend. We've been in operation for around twenty years now."

He leads them through a series of corridors until they come out to an open walkway overlooking the launch bay for all the aircraft available. "This is one of three hangars for launching our aircraft. The one you entered from was hangar two."

Dr. Whateley seemed to mutter to himself slightly, his eyes critically examining each surface of the base, trying to stuff in as much information that he could in the shortest time possible. “End of Days prophecy’s.” Whateley though to himself. He had researched the topic before, but he had not placed much stock in any of the most popular theories.

“How many credible leads have you found in that time?” He asked the guide, as he stared out the hangar doors. “Do you have any reason to suspect such an event is occurring now?”

The guide would continue down the walkway to another set of halls, "This is the mess hall. Dont worry, we don't serve MRE's, unless you want them."

As he motioned for them to continue he answered the doctor, "There are as many different versions of the end of days as there are current religions. Surprisingly enough each one is fairly similar to the other though some are pretty outlandish even for their standards. Of all the legends, histories, and religious folklore... None were inherently correct. And yet, none were wrong."

He leads them to the entrance of a long hallway, "As for your other question... It will be answered best when you meet with the director. This hallway leads to our research facility," he raises his hand to shut down any potential request to continue further, "Unfortunately, entrance is only permitted by authorized personnel. The security here is state of the art, considering the enormity of what we are studying, so any places considered off limits are monitored by security barriers both magical and mundane. If people knew exactly what was happening it would be mass hysteria, so we keep certain things close to chest."

Mention: Remus117 Remus117
Nearby: Random42 Random42 Lovelylie Lovelylie Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101

Taissa trails behind the group and quietly listens to the conversation as she tries to comprehend what the hell is going on. The end of the world? She frowns. Taissa always thought the world would end via natural disasters, not a bloody reckoning-type bullshit scenario. What secrets do these so-called Evangels have that could cause hysteria? Taissa feels suspicious and decides to be cautious until she has more information, there is only one question burning at the back of her mind. “Where did the dragon come from?” She cuts into the conversation suddenly. “Has it always been there, sleeping, or did it like appear out of thin air?”

Mention: TheWhiteLion TheWhiteLion Random42 Random42 Lovelylie Lovelylie
Dr. Whateley bit at his nails as he listened to their questions, also looking at the tour guide. He thought about their question, but quickly started bursting with information.
“I have to admit, I’m not certain, but I’ve been speculating on the topic. Folklore has contained surprising truths about the occult before, such as Faerie waknessses to Iron, and there a few legends of dragons serving as harbingers of the apocalypse...”
He caught his breath then resumed. “The Nords believed the world was devoured by a great dragon, in a universal cycle. The only things I know for certain is the occurrence of occult phenomenon have become more frequent and more extreme.”

The guide turns around to regard them all, stopping just short of the medical wing, "Well well sir, you are quite learned. Not that I expected you to be dumb, but most people dont put much stock into 'fairytales'."

To Thalia he shook his head, "Unfortunately, that is also a question that will have to wait. Not out of any desire to hide anything from you, but rather that the director wished to do so himself in his own way."

To Taissa he hummed a moment, then, "You saw the crystal Samuel was carrying, yes? That crystal was what the dragon once was. It took form from that crystal and once it was killed returned to the crystal. The question you should ask yourself isn't 'where did it come from?', but 'who activated it?' However the director... well, I'm sure you get the idea."

He waves his arm towards the medical area, "And this is the medbay. Should you decide to join us you're free to request aid but I pray you don't make it a habit of coming here." He sighs, good-naturedly, "We already have one injury prone numbskull, so we don't need any more."

Mention: Remus117 Remus117 Random42 Random42 Lovelylie Lovelylie
Nearby: Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101

Maeve

As soon as Maeve heard 'it came from the crystal,' she all but snapped at nobody in particular.
'You mean it could come back?' She yelled, not very loudly; her voice cracked. 'He said the thing wouldn't be able to come back, fucking liar!' Maeve turned at the man leading, but found she didn't have much more to say in her rage. She settled for snarling at him, 'That thing had better be kept safe.'
As soon as she calmed down a bit a moment later, she made a comment to the doctor. 'I thought it was a giant wolf, in Norse mythology. Three, one would eat the world, the sun, and moon each, right? I'm not recent on my history, I might be wrong.'

Interacting: Remus117 Remus117 Misc.: @ all others

Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101
Dr. Whateley peered curiously at Maeve. A dragon resurrecting would be problematic, without a doubt, but she seemed particularly unnerved by the concept. Well... it could mean a variety of things.
He leaned closer, and whispered “You are correct, yes, that’s the Norse version. Nords are a similar sort of people, but are distinct.”

The guide frowned at the one who... spoke up, "By 'he' I assume you mean Samuel? He never was good at explaining things, always a young man of few words. He was, however, correct in saying that the dragon would not be able to return. I wouldn't be so quick to jump the gun young lady. Decisive action is admirable when called for, but a calm rational mind ever seeks wisdom before deciding on a course." He shrugs, "I don't intend to lecture, however, my apologies. The crystal, you see, never existed until recently. As I said before, any questions of that nature or more will be answered by the director in his meeting room. Speaking of which..."

As they had been talking, the guide had led them into the heart of the complex. Before them stood a large metal door. He pressed a button on the intercom panel next to the door, "Excuse me director, your guests have arrived!"

There was a short silence, then a slightly deeper voice answered, "Show them in." And the doors clicked open.

Upon entry, the group would notice a long table spanning at least twenty-five feet towards the back of the room and lined with chairs. The light was dim, but not unmanageable. At the back of the room one chair faced away from them.

The door shut with dull boom that echoed throughout the room. The MP stood at attention as the chair slowly turned around to face them.... Only for the MP to be the one sitting in the chair?

If the group bothered to look behind them, they'd see their former guide grinning like a child that just told the worlds funniest joke as his form shimmered and fizzled out. The director shared the look before letting out a loud guffaw. "Ahhh... forgive me for the tricks, but I've found that humor in tense situations tends to stave off the insanity caused by sheer terror. And these days, a sane mind may be our only hope for salvation. Welcome to the Hall of the Evangels. I am Director Paul Anwir, a pleasure to meet you all." He stands and bows to them.

Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101 Random42 Random42 Remus117 Remus117 Lovelylie Lovelylie

Taissa stares at him, her face blank. “Humour? People died.” She examines the room, searching for answers to questions she doesn’t want to ask, not yet anyway. Not finding anything, she gestures to the seats. “I’m sorry if I come across as rude, it’s been a long day. There was a dragon, if you can believe it. Should we sit? I think I’ll need to sit soon.”

This would not have been Whateley’s first guess... or his second... he had difficulty picturing it in his top ten. But, it was obscenely impressive.
“That was spectacular!” He marveled, looking at where the director just was. “Please, explain that first. Surely not just a hologram? The depth... and there didn’t appear to be any clear emittors..”
He was likely to go on a tangent, so he caught himself. “Ah... well still, we have very serious information to attend to.”
Mentally, he thought to himself, Evangels? This is just like one of my Japanese animes.

Director Paul did not seem put off by her response though it seemed he did understand her reasoning. He leaned forward, resting his chin on joined hands, "Indeed. However my dear young lady I do believe I said 'tense situations'. What occured today was nothing short of a tragedy, and despite the poets and thespians of ages past I firmly believe tragedy is never something to make light of. Your minds are swirling with questions of which I am glad to answer. However, simply laying out cold hard facts on top of your already stricken nerves would only serve to harm you rather than prepare you. I like to think I stand upon the fine edge between the two. Though it does appear it was not well received. Very well, I shall conduct myself with the utmost professionalism."

He gestures to the seats, "Of course you may sit. After the day you all have had I wouldn't dare ask you to stand any longer than you must. Also, rest assured, despite whether or not you agree to join us you may rest here as long as you wish before departing your own way. Should you require anything to refresh yourselves, baring alcohol, you need only ask."

As they were taking their seats he smiled warmly to the doctor, "Intrigued are you? Our organization does deal with more than just end times prophecies. How else would we have acquired funding? The projection you just witnessed was the culmination of our hard light research. Normally air is far too transparent for such a thing, however, by relegating the density of the air through certain sections of the facility via water vapor we have been able to stabilize the projections. Add in specialized luminescent bulbs coupled with well placed hidden projectors to give precise color and depth and... voila!"

Lovelylie Lovelylie Remus117 Remus117 Random42 Random42 Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101

Maeve

'So... you didn't simply use a teleportation spell?' Maeve eyebrows raised up. 'That would have been less impressive anyway. And I apologize about my outburst earlier. I don't like being lied to, and if that thing were to come back, we'd have difficulty putting it back in its place without someone incinerating themselves. Or something.' A sideways glance was sent towards Taissa. 'Anyway,' She continued as she took her seat. 'You said there are numerous apocalyptic prophecies related to dragons? That means there's no way yet to narrow down the stories to get an idea of what what can expect. How do you plan to prepare for that kind of... unpredictability?'

Interacting: TheWhiteLion TheWhiteLion Misc.: @ all others

Director Paul waved off her concerns with a smile, "Think nothing of it. Yours was a legitimate concern and honestly it pleases me that you are cautious of such uncertainties. On that note, however, I must extend my thanks for assisting our dear Samuel. The poor boy takes his duties far too seriously for someone his age and tends to try and shoulder the responsibility on his own. Im certain his caretaker is giving him a thorough scolding for trying to take on that dragon alone."

He seems to ponder her second question a moment before deciding on how best to answer, "Yes and no. Many prophecies have dragons of some nature as the bringers of the end. However, the dragon you faced was nothing of the sort. It was a test. One of many I'm afraid. As for how we prepare... well, that is what the scout corps is for. We are constantly searching for any signs of distress around the world in the forms of mythical creatures, increased natural disasters, or mass unexplained phenomena. Once we have detected such a thing, we send out a scout to verify the situation while preparing a recovery team and an assault detachment. Based on the information the scout provides we can adjust equipment accordingly to best counter the threat as soon as possible. Unfortunately... as I'm sure you saw... all the speed in the world doesn't matter against pure destructive force. If I had the power, I would ensure that any response be immediate but, sadly, I am only human after all."

Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101

Dr. Whately gathered his thoughts, and returned to the matter at hand, although it would have been easy to continue on his train of thought and become completely lost. He listened to Maeve, who was proving to be rather insightful in these matters. She had known well about the issue of the Maeve, too, and she had mentioned her fifteen years of alchemy. He was still slightly suspicious, he knew from experience that knowledge like that had a cost... but, he was supremely intrigued as well.
He was intrigued by the Director's response. "A test?" He asked. "I feel that begs the question. What exactly was testing you?"
TheWhiteLion TheWhiteLion Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101

"Well... Hold on to your seats ladies and gentleman because the creator himself is testing not just myself, but all of humanity." He pauses to let that sink in, "Its no secret that humanity... Has been on a decline for a while now. Greed, murder, and rioting has been quite prevalent in the past few years alone."

"So, about five years ago my... Former partner and I had taken a trip to study various mountainous regions that were linked to folklore or religious parables. Upon one such mountain, we were suddenly encased in a bright ray of light that lit up the area for miles around. A voice that sounded like a thousand men but also only one spoke to us. He told us that he was very wroth with the state of humanity but also could see that there were few who still could see past their own selves."

"So, he gave each of us a... Guide of sorts. If we could surmount his challenges and prove to him that we were still capable of changing for the better, he would withhold his judgement."

Mention:
Nearby: Remus117 Remus117 Lovelylie Lovelylie Random42 Random42 Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101

Users who are viewing this thread

Back