• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Heavens Fall (applications closed)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Maeve

With a confused expression, Maeve watched the dog-boy hold some sort of crystal up, like it was a sufficient response to her question. She huffed and stood up, and didn't turn her gaze from the empty space the dragon's corpse had left.
'Can you walk? I'm gonna see what the hell they've talking about.'
With that, Maeve marched up to the two.
'How do you know that the dragon's soul didn't just up and away? Is that, that thing,' Maeve gestured to the crystal, 'Is that it's soul?'

Interacting: TheWhiteLion TheWhiteLion Remus117 Remus117

Birley moved on and on through the rubble, even after the sound of battle came to a halt. After a while, he'd come across a curious group, seemingly recovering after a battle. Slowly walking up to the biggest visible group, the masked man spoke calmly, nonchalantly.
"I offer my greetings. I overheard the song of trouble coming from about over here, although..."
Taking a small moment to shrug and further evaluate, Birley scratched his throat before continuing.
"It seems like the whole ordeal has already been handled."

Birley eyed the small group up and down, muttering something silently to himself.
"You are a curious bunch, you know. The fact that you are here, as opposed to any other place also serves to raise mild suspiciousness, but I digress."

"What is it, that brings you here?"

TheWhiteLion TheWhiteLion Remus117 Remus117 Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101

Dr. Whateley turned towards the woman with a curious look. He wasn’t quite sure what she was, but he knew it was slightly outside of the norm. Magical energy seemed to concentrate and distort around her in a most peculiar manner...
“No, I don’t believe the dragon is quite the same as a lich. However, that crystal appears to be something quite like a phylactery. Perhaps it does contain something like we’d call a soul. In any case, it’s an immense source of magical energy...” he stopped himself from speculating. “If you don’t mind the question, you’re not entirely human, are you?” He asked quizzically.
A moment later, he turned towards the masked figure. “I’m here on research. I’m hoping that I’ll have an opportunity to investigate that Crystal further, and I now I’m curious as to just what peculiarity that woman possesses.”

Maeve

Maeve was a little taken aback at being recognized as undead even with the sahde of her hood, but easily warped the look into one of knitted eyebrows and cofusion.
'I... peculiar? I'm a mage. If that's what you call peculiar, then I don't want to know what the hell you call summoning a giant acid thing.' Maeve turned to the half-human, 'My concern is that the dragon doesn't come back. If something this dangerous can regenerate, we need a better solution than repeatedly summoning an acid hellthing. And as for what brought me here, this city was just in my way, and... dragon happened.'

@ all

As another person joined them he would speak once more. To the woman first he shakes his head, "The dragon is dead. Regeneration is impossible. After death, the creature was transformed into this core crystal as proof of victory. If you have more questions, my organization can answer them for you. If not, we will part ways here." His expression remains blank and voice monotone throughout the entire time he speaks. "Though I do wish for an answer sooner rather than later. I require medical aid."

To the man he nods, "The dragon was slain with the combined strength of those you see here. An invitation has been offered to have all questions answered to the best of our ability after coming to the headquarters of my organization with me."

@A-i-D-ee-Crisis Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101

Taissa watches as one of the strangers in the group raises a dark red object in response to the woman’s question, and watches as the woman makes her way to the group. She frowns, positively confused, and attempts to stand up. Her head spins and her legs buckle beneath her, but after three failed attempts she successfully stands, albeit on shaky legs. Each step is harder than the last as she walks towards the group. She needs answers, thousands of people have just died and she doesn’t know why. Where did the dragon come from? Where did it go? Taissa believes the man holding the object may have the answers as he stands there almost unaffected by the events of the day. Her head screams pain and caution but she’s already lost everything, she has nothing else to lose.

“Excuse me.” She calls out, still trying to close the distance between them. “What just happened?”

Samuel regards the one who stunned the dragon, "The dragon was destroyed thanks to the might everyone here displayed." He raises the crystal again, now becoming keenly aware of his chest hurting incredibly, "This is all the remains and is proof of our victory. If you have further questions please join me at my organizations headquarters."

Lovelylie Lovelylie

He pauses a moment before realizing something, "Ah. I am being rude. My name is Samuel Dasa." He does his best to bow in thanks, "All of you assisted in an affair that was not yours. I failed in my duties, but I thank you for saving me regardless of whether that was your intent or not."

@ everyone

Taissa studies the object, a sort of beautiful crystal, when she finally reaches the group. There are so many questions running through her mind but she doesn’t know where to start. But there’s a feeling she has, a sort of belonging and accomplishment she had been searching for since she was 14, a feeling that piques her curiosity and stirs the magic within her, and it makes her want to follow this half-human stranger called Samuel anywhere.

She looks around the group at each individual and shrugs. “If there are more dragons to kill, I’m keen. I’d say we all make a great team.” She then looks around at the destroyed city. “Maybe we can actually save people.” She says, offhandedly.

“I’m Taissa by the way. Just Taissa.”

Thalia.pngMentioned: TheWhiteLion TheWhiteLion
Thalia had been watching them talk amongst themselves after the dragon had been won, silently debating whether she would join this organization. She'd probably like more info on it but she doubts she was gonna get it until she joined. "I'll join your organization, As long as I'm not expected to be in a militarian routine...", And with that, she looked up to Samuel, "And i would like more information on this please, currently this organization sounds incredibly shady.."

She sits on a nearby rock waiting for the others to decide, "My name's Thalia, Thalia Mugen..."

Samuel nods to both of them before taking the device back out of his pocket and attempting to repair the device. "You are invited as guests. Once you have all of your questions answered you can do as you please. Current travel conditions are not ideal. If I cannot repair this device to at least send out a distress signal, we will have to walk."

He continues fiddling with the device. (If anyone wants to talk to other characters and do intros you can. If not, the device will be fixed and we'll move on)

Lovelylie Lovelylie Random42 Random42

Last edited:
Dr. Whateley nodded at Samuel’s response, deciding to take the time to figure out more about these new companions. He turned towards the Mage, the one who had demonstrated such extreme power earlier.
“Taissa, Yes? How is it you demonstrated such extremely powerful magic earlier? A human typically can’t conduct such energies, and observing now it seems your energy is much smaller than earlier.”

Maeve

She was quiet while while pondering her options and half-listening to the rest of the conversation.
'Oh, shit, forgot... does anyone need a healing potion? I've got, like, three left. I can... yeah, I've got the stuff to make more, but that's happening later. You'll... prooooobably be all healed up in five minutes or so, unless you've got a ridiculous amount of broken bones or some shit.' Maeve dug through her bag and took out one healing potion, and would hand it to whomever said they needed it, and retrieve more for others.
'Anyway. I can't promise my allegiance right here, right now, but your... organization sounds interesting and I'd like to meet whomever runs it.'

Taissa shrugs at the Doctors question, deciding whether she should be honest or not. She’s pretty sure the maen is frowned upon in most societies, not only as an addictive drug but as a way of cheating life and gaining more power than should be allowed. She glances at Dr Whateley. He looks like a nice enough man. And even if she is turned away now, she has nothing to lose but her own pathetic life.

With her mind made up, Taissa pulls the pouch from her pocket and steps closer to the Doctor, opening it so he can glance inside.

“We call it maen.”

Maeve

The doctor voiced a question that had been rattling around in her subconscious, how the hell did one little human manage to conjure that powerful of a storm? When Maeve heard the girl mutter 'maen,' she gasped--and fell into a five-second coughing fit.
'Holy shit, you used that? No wonder you were bout to fucking croak. You aren't still high, are you?' Maeve scolded herself for not realizing that there was really no other reasonable way for a human to be able to summon that kind of magic without instantly obliterating themselves. She ducked behind the doctor to catch a glance at Taissa's eyes. Her pupils didn't seem dialated beyond ordinary. Thank god for healing potions.

Taissa glances at the woman in the hood. “Yea, well, it was kind of a last resort, the dragon was...insane.” She sighs and then smiles tightly. “I would usually still be feeling the affects of the maen but it seems your potion has helped with that. Right now I just feel like taking a nap for a good week. Thank you again, by the way. I didn’t catch your name?”

Maeve

Maeve stared open-mouthed for another several seconds before she registered that she had been asked her name.
'Uh, Maeve. Any--anyway--' She turned to Samuel, 'Are we going to... walk, to this organization place, or are they coming here? You don't... you don't look to be in good shape for travel, if I'm gonna be honest.' Maeve stuffed the potion back into her bag when no one took it, then rubbed her shoulder. It had begun to ache, with no real reason. She didn't really notice.

Samuel looks up a moment to answer her question, "I am nearing completion of repairs to my communication device. Once I make contact with the retrieval squad, they will send someone to airlift us out of here." He pauses, "I am... well enough to function? Upon brief examination I am aware of several fractures on my fourth and fifth sets of ribs." He shifts in place, "The left sixth rib is broken. Other injuries include minor cuts and bruising as well as impact trauma to both fists. Beyond this I am uncertain of the full extent. I am capable of walking and running if I have to, but it is not advisable." If he even feels the pain, he does an excellent job of hiding it with a completely blank face and a clinically monotone voice.

Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101

Dr. Whateley looked at the substance, and for a moment was completely left at a blank. After collecting himself, he turned towards the mage. “That... is miraculous.” Far from being disturbed or judgmental, he seemed positively giddy.
He recovered himself for a moment. “I can see it’s quite dangerous, but if I could have a sample, I’d be very apprecive. It could be quite conductive to my research.”

Taissa unconsciously tightens her hold on the pouch and holds it protectively against her chest at the Doctors proposition. Even being in close proximity of the maen for so long has had its affects on her and she doesn’t want to share it with anyone. Her fingers burn as fire attempts to force its way out but Taissa fights back. After a few long seconds she realises how she must seem to the man and loosens her grip on the pouch. “Yes. Yes of course. Maybe you can tell me what it actually is, since I have no goddamn idea. Super responsible, right?” She says sarcastically then sighs sadly. “I trusted the person who gave this to me but it seems my trust was misplaced, to say I was naive is a grave understatement. Humans are not meant to wield such power.” She motions to Maeve. “She seems to know more than myself.”

Remus117 Remus117 Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101

Dr. Whateley nodded at the one called Maeve, still curious about her full attributes. He had made study of the occult long enough to tell when something was out of the normal, but the particulars of the case were more difficult to identify. Clearly though, the woman was knowledgeable. He was grateful for that.

“I don’t want to take it for myself...” he speak calmly, affecting an air of concern to Taissa. “But surely you know this substance is unique, it’s dangerous, and you admitted you don’t know what’s in it.” He avoided going for the poutch, despite his desire.
“I’ve always been a man of research. I only ask for it because I believe it would expand our knowledge tremendously.”

Maeve

'It's a drug. Obscenely addicting and destructive, and a big fucking problem. Who the hell gave you that? Sounds like they might've been trying to kill you.' Maeve snatched the whole pouch out of Taissa's hand.
'Like you saw, it can allow someone to conduct a ridiculous quantity of magic. Normally, they can't, and it just wouldn't happen. This stuff makes it possible, but if you use too much magic, like she did, it could kill a person. Nearly did.' Maeve glared at Taissa for a moment. 'It's also ridiculously addicting. When a person uses it, they get high--it's worse than most addicting potions I see disreputable alchemists trying to sell.' She practically growled, 'A lot of times, mages won't even use it for magic, they'll use it just for the high, and because withdrawal. Unfortunately, like I said, it's magical properties are useful. But I'm keeping it for now. Prolly gonna turn it in to whatever authorities your organization has.' Maeve turned back to Taissa apologetically.
'I don't like taking things from people, so I'm sorry, but honestly, this shit would fucking kill you. I'm not letting anyone have it.'

Dr. Armitage Whateley looked at Maeve very carefully... he wasn’t sure of the best way to approach this, but he rather didn’t like how this was turning out. That was the second time he’d had something truly remarkable snatched away today. First the crystal, now this drug.
“I can see you’re quite learned in these matters, and clearly that substance is very dangerous...” he said, speaking directly to Maeve. “But I don’t know you or your official credentials. How can we trust you’re not taking it to use yourself? Not only that, but I can promise, I have no interest in using it. I don’t conduct magic the same way a mage does, it would be quite useless for me. Please... I know that substance would be incredibly useful in my research.”
He looked at both Maeve and then Taissa, pleadingly. Internally, he considered whether or not it’d be prudent to fire first, or wait to see their response.

Taissa does not mean to ignore Doctor Whateley when she snatches the pouch back and pins Maeve with a glare. “First of all, the one who gave it to me, well I fucking killed her.” She snaps. “Secondly, I only used it to help take down the fucking dragon that otherwise might’ve moved on to another town to kill more innocent fucking people! Thirdly, I have only fucking used it once and have been holding on to it until I could fucking find a way to get rid of it safely. And lastly..”

Taissa feels the fire at her fingertips again and realises she’s becoming too angry. She’s on the verge of attacking someone with the magic she can’t yet quite control. She closes her eyes and takes a deep breath. It doesn’t help that the maen calls out to her and she is still highly susceptible to its addictive powers.

Opening her eyes, she glances between Doctor Whateley and Maeve. “Take it. You probably know how to dispose of it accordingly.” She says to Maeve. “But I’m curious as to its components, as I’m sure the Doctor here is too. So perhaps, under a controlled environment, he can do his tests or stuff on it, whatever it is Doctors do.” It takes a great deal of effort to hold out the pouch again for someone else to take, but Taissa does, pushing the desire to swallow it all to the back of her mind.

Samuel Ignores the conversation for now and continues with his repairs. As a non magic user, the substance they spoke of made little difference to him, but I did seem dangerous. He shrugged off the thought. They seemed to sort it out... rather loudly.

Mention: Random42 Random42
Dr. Whateley knew when a fight was lost. He pretended not to care, merely nodding his head as Maeve took the wonderous substance. He smiled at both of them, as he turned to the others who helped fight the dragon. Perhaps he wouldn’t be able to take it now, but Dagon Damn it, he was going to get his hands on it, sooner or later, one way or another.
He walked to the other Demi-Human, the one who had introduced herself as Thalia. “I’m sorry for ignoring you earlier,” He stated, “But there were issues of immense importance to my research. I’m Dr. Whateley, if you hadn’t caught that earlier. Thank you very much for your assistance with the dragon.”

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back