Experiences Heartwarming RP Moments

GrumpySwallow

Four Thousand Club
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I see threads about cringy characters, bad experiences, funny experiences, but how about moments in RP that gave you the warm fuzzies?

These two may be cheating as they are more OOC than IC. In my first Pathfinder game, my half-orc ranger died while trying to help a party member. I asked the DM what my options were. He told me resurrection is possible, but it would cost the rest of the party greatly. He said, "I know, you love your ranger." One of the other players quietly said, "I think we ALL loved him." And the party immediately pulled together their resources to bring my ranger back. It paid off when, next session, a successful Perception check had my half-orc finding a rare magical artifact that sold for more than the cost of the resurrection!

Some time later, the DM decided to start over and create a new campaign. I decided not to join as my RP style and the DM's style of playing really didn't mesh well. A friend told me that during that campaign the party faced some enemy half-orcs. The DM decided to use the token of my half-orc (using my art of him) to represent one of the enemy NPCs. The entire party put their weapons down and refused to fight that half-orc, even though most of them were characters who ICly hated half-orcs with a passion. It definitely made my day to know my ranger was so loved that my friends absolutely refused to even attack an enemy NPC using his token.

For an actual IC instance of a heartwarming moment, in another RP using my same character, a group of PCs were discussing which foods best describe them. My ranger asked the group what food best described him. The responses were mostly baked goods, pumpkin bread in particular. "Pumpkin bread. Warm, soft, sweet, but not an overpowering sweet. The sort of sweet that lowers you into a soft sense of security so. Yeah. Pumpkin bread."

For the holidays, my ranger dressed up as the setting's equivalent of Santa Claus and was giving out little giftbags to people. He found an individual alone at the bar and asked him what he would like for the holidays. The individual said he wanted a better job. So "Santa" gave him advice and helped him out with his resume.

In a different RP, I played a character who was grumpy and introverted. A close friend of his told him she had faith that he'll one day find someone. "So long as you keep improving yourself, someone's going to push their way through the little thorns and brambles to your heart."

In that old Smash Bros. RP, Link was captured by the enemy army, and Zelda was trying to keep moving forward despite her grief. Toon Link decided to sneak away from everyone to go and save Link himself. When Zelda found out, she was devastated, and blamed herself for not keeping an eye on him. Eventually, Toon Link was successful, and the three immediately hugged when they were reunited, Zelda exclaiming how happy she was that the both of them were safe and sound. She didn't ask for an explanation for how it was possible. It's even more heartwarming because before Link's capture, he and Zelda had grown distant due to a disagreement, and he made it a point to be stern and strict with Toon Link as he felt getting too close to the kid would do more harm than good.

Love the idea of this thread.

One that stands out to me is a moment from an RP that I had going for a while but we finished the story a few months ago. It was great.

It ended with the two characters grown up and married with children of their own, but one of the children was named after the late brother of the father who died tragically.

It was a pretty cute moment seeing the main character dude I played grow up and name his child in honor of his dead brother who he loved very dearly.

Maybe cliche, but my partner and I’s hearts were warmed.

So my buddy and I often play characters that are paired in some way (siblings, boss/employee, etc.) in group RPs. Well, more like I join a group RP and drag him into it with me xD

Anyway, for this one RP about superpowered teens, our characters ended up being each other's love interests, and we gave them this whole backstory we established through PM and everything, and it was basically the embodiment of the good girl/bad guy trope (without the toxic stuff that often gets mixed into these things).

His character was basically grumpy and antisocial and tsundere but, every time it came to my character, he couldn't help but worry about her and be nice (albeit reluctantly). And honestly every single one of their interactions was just absolutely and irrefutably adorable :3

I am doing is Fullmetal alchemist slice of life rp. Where Ed is going through his books about pregnancy and stuff. I wrote him being a happy and proud father to his kids.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back