Video Games Hearthstone!

Computing Magus

I need a King's Rock
I would just like to know anyone here who plays the game? Whether you still play or not, I would simply just like to know. It's been one of my favorite games to play day to day since Un'goro, although I somewhat closed off a bit. Still, I'm willing to play with anyone else here who's still active!

The newly announced expansion today got me thinking, I've visited the subreddit, how about another community I'm familiar with? RP Nation was the answer, and I couldn't believe I didn't do this sooner. Personally, I could climb to Legend if I wanted to, reaching rank 8 just by doing most quests in ranked last season, but I'm quite a lazy f2p lol, but willing to if anyone dares me. I just need a motivation; the cardback alone doesn't quite entice me.

Anyway, back to topic. Any Hearthstone players? Battle Tag's FrostMagus#11614

Last edited:
I'm a pretty casual hearthstone fan. Though I have five accounts, I mostly play four of those against each other and just do the dailies once every three days, with only my NA account really being used to play against other people half the time (and even then, that means I play less with that account). I am just not competitive a person and don't like getting frustrated trying to complete quests. I'm more of a johny type player: I like to do my own thing and try my own whacky ideas or experiments more than I like to win.

So, are you in North America or in the EU?

I'm a pretty casual hearthstone fan. Though I have five accounts, I mostly play four of those against each other and just do the dailies once every three days, with only my NA account really being used to play against other people half the time (and even then, that means I play less with that account). I am just not competitive a person and don't like getting frustrated trying to complete quests. I'm more of a johny type player: I like to do my own thing and try my own whacky ideas or experiments more than I like to win.

So, are you in North America or in the EU?
NA server. Agree with you wholeheartedly with the experimentation part. I wanted to make Murloc Shaman work for a long while, but never got to it since I don't want to devote myself to crafting a non-meta quest, but find lots of fun instead with Pogo-Rogue. Crazy with Zilliax; watch as your pathetic bad tempo first turns get restored with a 14/13 rush with lifesteal. Despite my rank, I'm not as competitive as I say. It's just that I have the meta Even Lock and it's also somewhat fun for climbing due to its flexibility and non-linear strategy. Despite what most say, I do have decent success with it. I understand the difficulty; at first, I just had too many options I didn't know what was optimal. So many bad plays later, I think I'm fine now. I have a weak Cube Lock. Play it with me if you want to watch someone not do anything for the first ten turns.

I have two alternate accounts as well. One has crazy amounts of Priest and Shaman legendaries, it can do Quest Priest, Zoo Warlock, and Shudderwock Shaman without Zola but with Hemet. I have a Mechatun Druid there as well that uses Gadgetzan Auctioneer. One of my favorite accounts. The other is newer, since the start of Boomsday. Has Spell Hunter and a Mech Warrior I've been trying to make work. The stars aligned, and it had both Warrior Legendary cards of Boomsday when I started unpacking, so I had to make it a work, right?

I'm so happy I was able to say all of this to someone. Had so much fun typing these all out. What about your career? What kind of decks do you/can you play?

NA server. Agree with you wholeheartedly with the experimentation part. I wanted to make Murloc Shaman work for a long while, but never got to it since I don't want to devote myself to crafting a non-meta quest, but find lots of fun instead with Pogo-Rogue. Crazy with Zilliax; watch as your pathetic bad tempo first turns get restored with a 14/13 rush with lifesteal. Despite my rank, I'm not as competitive as I say. It's just that I have the meta Even Lock and it's also somewhat fun for climbing due to its flexibility and non-linear strategy. Despite what most say, I do have decent success with it. I understand the difficulty; at first, I just had too many options I didn't know what was optimal. So many bad plays later, I think I'm fine now. I have a weak Cube Lock. Play it with me if you want to watch someone not do anything for the first ten turns.

I have two alternate accounts as well. One has crazy amounts of Priest and Shaman legendaries, it can do Quest Priest, Zoo Warlock, and Shudderwock Shaman without Zola but with Hemet. I have a Mechatun Druid there as well that uses Gadgetzan Auctioneer. One of my favorite accounts. The other is newer, since the start of Boomsday. Has Spell Hunter and a Mech Warrior I've been trying to make work. The stars aligned, and it had both Warrior Legendary cards of Boomsday when I started unpacking, so I had to make it a work, right?

I'm so happy I was able to say all of this to someone. Had so much fun typing these all out. What about your career? What kind of decks do you/can you play?
I can wholeheartedly say I despise meta with all my being. It's really what ruins competitive gaming for me, the way everyone gets so obsessed with optmizing that they start trying to steal ideas and it becomes one slog after another of repetitive or worse, constantly losing to decks that they didn't even have the balls to make themselves.

Personally I am a more control-oriented player. I play a lot of copy/greed priest, control mage (lots of blowing stuff up) and I played ramp druid before it was cool. I like the ramp druid style a lot, and immediately dealing with threats is greta too. As for priest copy/greed, I like the idea of killing my opponents with their own cards and I generally think value cards, even if worse, are the most fun to play with and against XD

I use my several accounts to get as many cards as possible from each expansion by rotating which account buys what expansion. Unfortunately I lost one of my account recently right before the boomsday project came out T_T

PS: Glad to make you happy XD

My Battletag is Suneater#11917 by the by, for my North America account. Currently trying to get myself a golden whizbang with it

I can wholeheartedly say I despise meta with all my being. It's really what ruins competitive gaming for me, the way everyone gets so obsessed with optmizing that they start trying to steal ideas and it becomes one slog after another of repetitive or worse, constantly losing to decks that they didn't even have the balls to make themselves.

Personally I am a more control-oriented player. I play a lot of copy/greed priest, control mage (lots of blowing stuff up) and I played ramp druid before it was cool. I like the ramp druid style a lot, and immediately dealing with threats is greta too. As for priest copy/greed, I like the idea of killing my opponents with their own cards and I generally think value cards, even if worse, are the most fun to play with and against XD

I use my several accounts to get as many cards as possible from each expansion by rotating which account buys what expansion. Unfortunately I lost one of my account recently right before the boomsday project came out T_T

PS: Glad to make you happy XD
No worries about not being a meta-obsessed person like most players. I like meta and non-meta stuff equally, watching the competitive scene, and see people play theory-crafted decks or a weird deck that pops up here and there, whether or not it can climb, is still fun. Like Tess Rogue. Oh gosh do I dream on getting her. Love making my own kinds of decks as well, and I'm pretty sure everybody has reached a point where they put all of those Priest steal spells in their deck for the value. I think I'm digging those decks, really. Would probably play them if I have the chance. Have the spare cards in one of my accounts somewhere.

As for my play style, depends on the deck, but generally I notice I like the flexible style of decks that change your strategy depending on matchups. Pogo-Rogue can fend off aggro somewhat at first, while for control, can go really long with the deck filling with lab recruiter. Even Lock also because you either do the dream turn three Mountain Giant if you believe you should, or stall a bit with some taunts and board clears against aggro to finally unleash your big minions. Shudderwock is also somewhat like this. If against aggro, you get your board clears and saronites. Against combo, get Hemet quickly, and as for Control, you basically win lol.

Unfortunate with the account loss: F. Still, I focus on fun on this game, so I really prefer those than the repetitive meta stuff. I think I kinda get your opinion, then. It can be tiring to see the unoriginal uninspired decks, but then I'm usually a part of them so who am I to say such lol. I'm satisfied with just rank 10. Legend grind is said to be crazy so I ain't doing that. The other day, I had a friend fight me with a Deathrattle Overload Shaman lol. Y'know the combo, shaman spellstone on a target with ancestral spirit, but they can be targets of N'zoth due to the deathrattle enchantment. It was crazy. Wild is awesome, but sadly I don't have enough good cards to even climb out of rank 25 from wild.

At least I know people still have fun playing this game. Most like saying how stale the meta is. Great to see those that still find fun in the game as much as I do~

No worries about not being a meta-obsessed person like most players. I like meta and non-meta stuff equally, watching the competitive scene, and see people play theory-crafted decks or a weird deck that pops up here and there, whether or not it can climb, is still fun. Like Tess Rogue. Oh gosh do I dream on getting her. Love making my own kinds of decks as well, and I'm pretty sure everybody has reached a point where they put all of those Priest steal spells in their deck for the value. I think I'm digging those decks, really. Would probably play them if I have the chance. Have the spare cards in one of my accounts somewhere.

As for my play style, depends on the deck, but generally I notice I like the flexible style of decks that change your strategy depending on matchups. Pogo-Rogue can fend off aggro somewhat at first, while for control, can go really long with the deck filling with lab recruiter. Even Lock also because you either do the dream turn three Mountain Giant if you believe you should, or stall a bit with some taunts and board clears against aggro to finally unleash your big minions. Shudderwock is also somewhat like this. If against aggro, you get your board clears and saronites. Against combo, get Hemet quickly, and as for Control, you basically win lol.

Unfortunate with the account loss: F. Still, I focus on fun on this game, so I really prefer those than the repetitive meta stuff. I think I kinda get your opinion, then. It can be tiring to see the unoriginal uninspired decks, but then I'm usually a part of them so who am I to say such lol. I'm satisfied with just rank 10. Legend grind is said to be crazy so I ain't doing that. The other day, I had a friend fight me with a Deathrattle Overload Shaman lol. Y'know the combo, shaman spellstone on a target with ancestral spirit, but they can be targets of N'zoth due to the deathrattle enchantment. It was crazy. Wild is awesome, but sadly I don't have enough good cards to even climb out of rank 25 from wild.

At least I know people still have fun playing this game. Most like saying how stale the meta is. Great to see those that still find fun in the game as much as I do~
Wild is definitley a favorite format of mine, mostly because there are so many crazy effects that are just kind of gone now thanks to standard rotation and I like being able to put those in decks. Still I mostly play by myself... :P

When I do play with other people though, I sometimes propose not just playing the normal way, but also doing some challenges. Like, there is the buff challenge of trying to both use paladins to get a single minion as buffed as possible. Or the suicide warlock vs healing priest challenge, where one player tries to kill themselves while the other player has to try to keep them alive for X turns. XD

Wild is definitley a favorite format of mine, mostly because there are so many crazy effects that are just kind of gone now thanks to standard rotation and I like being able to put those in decks. Still I mostly play by myself... :P

When I do play with other people though, I sometimes propose not just playing the normal way, but also doing some challenges. Like, there is the buff challenge of trying to both use paladins to get a single minion as buffed as possible. Or the suicide warlock vs healing priest challenge, where one player tries to kill themselves while the other player has to try to keep them alive for X turns. XD
Ooooh, never thought about such challenges. The only thing I got creative for was the Boomsday Puzzles. I love them but I admit I had to do the last ones with a walkthrough. I would definitely want to try one of your ideas if ever I'm online.

Speaking of, got your friend request and accepted it, but I won't be able to play for now. When I do see you online when and I have some more free time, I'll be sure to send a challenge request when I could. I'd love to try a twist of Hearthstone when we duel :D

Ooooh, never thought about such challenges. The only thing I got creative for was the Boomsday Puzzles. I love them but I admit I had to do the last ones with a walkthrough. I would definitely want to try one of your ideas if ever I'm online.

Speaking of, got your friend request and accepted it, but I won't be able to play for now. When I do see you online when and I have some more free time, I'll be sure to send a challenge request when I could. I'd love to try a twist of Hearthstone when we duel :D
But of course, looking forward to it! XD

It's a nice game. I play it since beta although lately I almost stopped because other things took over my life and time is so limited.

I play tempo mage mostly and I like control decks. I used to play aggro in some seasons like pirate warrior but it was mostly for ranked.

I like to experiment and kinda have to because I'm unlucky on card drops and never get those cards that everyone must have until they're out of rotation XD so even if I use someone else's idea my deck ends up different anyway.

However I'm useless to you as a potential opponent. I play unpredictably in short spurs and I never play with people. I use that time for ranked only. So I reject all friend requests if I ever get them. I'm obsessive collector and getting all card backs from ranked since game release XDD

Good thing is that Meta changes and there is always wild to have fun with old and new card synergies.

It's a nice game. I play it since beta although lately I almost stopped because other things took over my life and time is so limited.

I play tempo mage mostly and I like control decks. I used to play aggro in some seasons like pirate warrior but it was mostly for ranked.

I like to experiment and kinda have to because I'm unlucky on card drops and never get those cards that everyone must have until they're out of rotation XD so even if I use someone else's idea my deck ends up different anyway.

However I'm useless to you as a potential opponent. I play unpredictably in short spurs and I never play with people. I use that time for ranked only. So I reject all friend requests if I ever get them. I'm obsessive collector and getting all card backs from ranked since game release XDD

Good thing is that Meta changes and there is always wild to have fun with old and new card synergies.
Well, uh, no worries. I'm quite amazed we even have someone who has played since beta here in Rpn as well. Mind if I know of your tag? I'd like to duel you some time, but with a lot of different experimental decks. My friends aren't as active for me to experiment with so it's probably another reason why I'm searching for more. I'm an exclusive standard player, so I'm sure you're pretty good. Even if you do play in short spurs, I do hope to spot you if I could and challenge ya.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back