• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

He writes their story.

He chuckles. "Honestly i never expected to come to a small town like this and run into a fan of my online work," He says as he kind of strokes his ear as he usually does from time to time. "This is a very beautiful house, reminds me a lot of Dorian's house from my first story actually..." he says trying to push Matt out of his mind as he lets his eyes wander around every detail of the house.

Cassie noticed the way he strokes his ear and feels a slight blush come beneath the fur of her cheeks, it was incredibly adorable. She smiled and shrugged her shoulders as she poured the tea into the mugs "It's a small world". The leopardess watched as Collin looked around the room, and split into a grin when he commented on the likeness of it to a house one of his characters owned. "I thought it did, but I wouldn't like to jump to conclusions" she said with a laugh. "But yeah, it is lovely. My parents bought it for me, they wanted me to have a place of my own so I could be independent and-" she was cut off by a shout from the living room.

"Cass! What happened to my cider?" the agitated tiger called. The way he almost spat her name made her anxious. "One minute" she replied hastily. She grabbed milk and a cider from the fridge. "Would you mind putting some milk in my tea and your own? The sugar is there if you need it too, I don't have any personally" she explained quickly, not giving him chance to reply as she darted away.

He felt concerned for her. Matt seemed a lot like a slave driver and he honestly didn't like it by any means. He poors a little milk into her tea and then adds some sugar to his. When she comes back he hands her, her cup. "Bit of a slave driver isn't he?" He sighs. "Reminds me of Minx..." Minx was a very abusive man to his spouse, he was cruel and uncaring and very demanding. He chained his spouse up in there house because he felt she was cheating on him just because she was talking to one man who was just being friendly with her. According to the story the man found out and snuck into the house and broke her from her binds and ran away with her till they could deal with the problem properly.

"I certainly hope hes not as bad..." he chuckles. "Only because i couldn't imagine something so horrible happen to a wonderful girl like you..." He says not thinking about his words at the time.

Cass took the mug from his hands and flinched at Collin's words. She didn't want to realise that Matthew was being controlling or over demanding, and he certainly wasn't being violent. Sure, he'd been a bit rough with her but then she thought it was meant to be like that. The fur on Cassie's back stood up a little. Wonderful girl? She frowned. "Matthew works hard, he deserves to put his feet up" she said stiffly, not sounding like she meant it. "He's not Minx, and he won't be like Minx" she added, not meaning to sound harsh towards her new acquaintance. She started to smile a little "Besides, you don't even know me enough to call me wonderful" she murmured, trying not to feel a little pleased about him saying so.

His ears droop halfway down. "I'm sorry... i didn't mean to offend you." He said feeling genuinely bad about his words. He looks at his cup of tea before drinking a little. "so use to comparing everything to something in my stories, that well... sometimes i dont think about how much different some people might be to the comparisons i make." He chuckles. "I appologize i must seem silly." he say pinching the bridge of his nose.

The leopardess appreciated his apology, she knew he was genuine. "It's alright, honestly. I couldn't have said nothing, what kind of a mate would I have been" she said with a chuckle. She had a few sips of tea. "I'm so over the moon we're even talking right now" Cass said with starry eyes, "I hate to sound like a fangirl though".

He laughs. "It's quite alright, honestly i'm quite excited to actually meet a fan for once... it certainly makes me look forward to when i finish my book." He says laughing a bit.

Cass sipped her tea again, and at the mention of his book, she clasped her mug tightly. "I can't wait for it to be finished; I can read it in full then" she mused. She clasped her tail for a moment, trying to remember something. "Oh yeah! I was going to say, next time you pick up a copy of the Appletree Mail, make sure you check out the children's section. I write stories for them" she said with a grin. "They're only simple obviously, but they have nice morals and I've had great feedback".

He chuckles. "Actually i've read them on and off... they are actually really well written." He gives a soft smile. "you have some wonderful talent," He stands up finishing his cup and takes it to the sink and washes it. "well.. it's getting late." He returns to the counter and picks up his bag. "I guess i better be going.. i have to open up the shop again in the morning." He says chuckling.

Before Cassie could even get a chance to be excited over the fact Collin enjoyed her writing, Matthew came in as the fox picked up his bag. "Oh good, you're off" he started, prowling across the kitchen to lean on the counter. "I was about to think I'd have to share my girl's company tonight, and I'm not that good at sharing" he said with a smirk and a laugh, joking obviously. Beneath that smirk there was a seriousness that Cassie had begun to know well. He walked back over to Cass and leant down to whisper in her ear, one of his paws clasped around one of her wrists.

"Come upstairs when you've seen foxy out, I'll be waiting" he whispered, not all that quietly which made her blush furiously. He let his tongue drag across Cassie's weary cheek before waving his paw at Collin "See ya around". He left to climb up the stairs, striped tail disappearing down the hallway. Cass finally moved from her spot, running a paw through her hair hurriedly, she cleared her throat. "I'll see you out" she mumbled, moving into the hallway and pretending that didn't happen in front of someone.

The way Matt acted led him to believe that he was intentionally showing his claim over her. He didn't like it one bit. He hated this man, he really hated him. Out of respect for his new companion though he kept his muzzle shut. He last he wanted was to upset her. When they make it to the door he turns and smiles. "Thank you for inviting me to your home, it's been a wonderful pleasure, and i look forward to your next column in the paper... hopefully i'll see you at the cafe again tomorrow?" He says honestly not wanting to say goodbye completely.

"I've got college tomorrow, but I can always pop in after" the leopardess replied hopefully. Cass smiled briefly, "It's been loving meeting you, I'll look forward to seeing you again". She heard Matthew shout her name and her ears flattened to her head. "I've got to go, I'll see you soon" she murmured regretfully. She turned around and walked through the door. "Goodnight" she said in a voice just above a whisper, trying hard for a genuine smile as she closed the door. She began her ascent of the stairs, and started to look forward to tomorrow.

About a week passes and she stopped by the coffee shop each day. They enjoyed each other's company talking about different things particularly with writing and such. He enjoyed every second he had till Matt would find some excuse to message her making her come home. He could tell the disdain in her face with his messages. He hated her mate because what he did wasn't normal or right, but he couldn't really get into her head as to why she stayed with him. He knew she was a very smart woman with a good head on her shoulders so the only right thing for him to do was let her make her own choices and be there for her. He came to garner a level of appreciation for her and he was glad to have met her.

He was opening the shop again this morning, he felt nervous because it was Cassie's birthday today and he sent her a text to come by as soon as she had the chance. He knew that he wouldn't have any other moment to have her to himself so he could celebrate it with her so what better time than when hes opening up shop. A lot of the usual customers had already come in eager to see how everything went. Collin was very eager he had spent a couple days preparing for this and even had a present he knew shed love as well. He checks to make sure the small birthday cake he made which he made sure was her favorite was ready.

It was Cassie's 19th. Her morning had been lovely so far. Her parents had stayed at her home the night before so she woke up to a nice breakfast and some birthday presents. She had received Collin's text and was excited to go and say hello. She had college for a couple of hours in the middle of the day and then she was going out with Matthew, who had undeniably sent her some loving birthday wishes that morning. She got a lift to the cafe from her Dad, and hopped out of the car and walked into the cafe with a spring in her step.

"Good morning Collin" she called cheerfully, going up to the counter. It was about as lively as she had been all week, what with work and writing and Matthew being more controlling and rough than normal.

Most of the usuals greet her with a smile and birthday wishes. Collin pokes his head out. "Hey there Cassie, you came just in time, just give me a minute i need to make special touches on something i'll only be a minute." He says as he ducks back around the wall making the final touches on the small cake he made from scratch himself for her. Using her favorite icing he write happy birthday on the cake. After everything is ready he sets a few candles into the cake and then lights them up. He comes out with the cake everyone in the cafe singing happy birthday as he sets the cake in front of her. He waits patiently for her to blow out the candles even though hes eager to give her his present already.

Cass finds herself blushing as the cafe all sing happy birthday to her. She was so surprised that Collin had gone out of his way to make her such a lovely cake, especially when he hadn't known her for long. "Thank you everyone" she says, facing the customers as they slowly went back to their food and drink. She blows the candles out and makes a wish that she feels bad about for a few moments. "And thank you Collin" she added, reaching over the counter and pulling him towards her for a hug. "That was really nice of you".

He returns the hug feeling happy about her reaction. "Dont get too excited yet, you haven't even seen your present even..." he laughs as he bends down his head dropped under the counter, his tail wagging happily. After a few seconds he comes back up placing a small box down wrapped up nice with a pretty ribbon. It took him a while but he managed to get a hardcopy made in the form of a small book of his next story he planned on putting up on the site. She had inspired him to start a new story that would be taken in parts. He thought shed love to have the first part before it hits the site. Also in the box is a small vert pretty memo pad done up in a very cute floral pattern and a small writer's pen kit.

Cassie unwrapped the gift and was overcome by what was inside. A hard copy of his book, a book she had never read before and the prettiest notepad and writer's pen kit she had ever seen. "Aw Collin" she gasped, a little emotively. "They are lovely. You really didn't have to go out of your way" she said, picking up the notepad and holding it between her paws, positively beaming.

"i noticed that you tend to have problems keeping your thoughts in your head making you haphazardly put certain ideas into something just to remove it later... so i got you the notepad because i use one, it helps me when i have ideas i cant use yet but i kind of do wanna use them at some point and the pen set so you have something nice to write in the pad with... as for the book... well its a new story i'm writing for my account, i thought you'd like what was going to be the only hard copy before anyone else got to see it." He says feeling happy that she was so excited.

Cass listened to his explanation and just stood smiling for a few moments, clutching to her gifts. "You're the best!" she said excitedly, hugging him again quickly before putting his presents down. "I've got to go, but I can come and pick these up later? I haven't got enough room in my bag" she explained, putting them back into the box.

He nods. "I'll close shop a little later than normal so you have time to enjoy yourself." He gives her a friendly kiss on the cheek. "Have good day..." he says smiling as he turns to head into the kitchen to get things ready for the coming rush.

Cass knew it was only friendly, but she felt herself blush and her tail curled up a little. She had grown to like the fox more in many ways. "See you later". She made her way out of the shop and into college. Throughout the day she received presents and birthday wishes from her friends and she felt on top of the moon. When Matthew decided he'd pick her up from college after he'd finished work and take her out straight away, she thought of it as a kind gesture. As the car purred down the streets, she realised she had to drop in. She waited for Matthew to finish talking.

"Matt, do you mind stopping at the cafe? I need to pick up my birthday presents from Collin" she asked hopefully. He shrugged and smirked. "Sure, Cass" he replied, making a few turns to get there. He pulled up outside and took off his seatbelt. "Wait, where are you going?" she asked with a frown. "I'll go in and get them for you" he said, not giving her a chance to get out herself. He sauntered up to the door and walked in, out of sight to Cassie.

He saw Collin at the counter and a low growl emitted from the tiger, he approached him. "I'm picking up Cass' stuff" he announced, his paws resting on the counter.

His head tilts to the side. "is everything alright?" He asks thinking she might have gotten sick or something while she was out.

The tiger growled again. "Everything is fine mate, I just offered to come and get them. Save her pretty legs from carrying herself in here" Matthew said impatiently. "Are you going to give me her stuff? I've got a table booked at the fancy place on the high street, can't be late" he explained agitatedly.

He honestly didn't trust him but he wouldn't know about it unless she had mentioned it so he slips under the counter and hands him the box. He wanted to say something to the smug asshole but there wasn't anything he could bring himself to do. He didn't want to ruin her night. "give her my regards..." he says as he turns to head into the back so he can get ready to closeup shop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back