Chitchat He was willing to let me go if he had to. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Pandaskel

Stock Image
So this is something that I recently remembered from my past and I wanted to discuss it with someone. 

Not gonna give much backstory, it doesn't really matter much. Basically, me and this guy were "just friends" dating (Never "just friends" date. Don't do it. Please. It's a waste. Done it many times, never again.) and we really cared for one another. At one point, I remember discussing this topic with him. Would we be able to see each other be happy, even if it wasn't together? And, obviously, since we were decent people, yeah, we could. 

My issue was this: he sounded so easy going about it. Like letting me go was no big deal. 

So, willingness to let someone go: is it good or bad?

It's both, to me. Life is all about balance, and nothing is ever all good or all bad. Letting someone go has good and bad sides. On the one hand, you should always wish happiness for the person you love, even if it's not with you. On the other hand, if they're just someone you could throw away easily and do without, that's a bit of a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back