• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Hawthorne Academy

"There is nothing anyone could have done. No one saw this coming. Don't blame yourself. Just focus on what can be done, not what has been done already." Aleks replied next to Lyra as he applied the bandage she gave him.

He was assigned with Lyra to help her. Aleks was not much of a medic guy so he mainly helped Lyra with the basic basic bandages but mostly kept their patient smiling and encouraging them. Aleks, being the pleasant and always able to bring a smile really helped the injured students not focus on Lyra as she bandaged them. He did his job alright but he was semi-distracted due to Kahra also in a cot somewhere in the main hall being treated. Aleks knew that it was not super serious but he couldn't help feel worried. In fact, he was worried for everyone in this school. If anyone should feel guilty about doing nothing, it should be Aleksander. The so called Protector. What a joke.

~Rafaela~

Rafaela felt her heart tighten when Geno jumped from her touch, like she was some kind of venomous plant that needed to be avoided at all costs. And then, suddenly, he was staring at nothing. Completely still. Raph didn't know what to think about that, only that it wasn't normal and that it must have something to do with the whole situation that they're in now. One didn't need to be a genius to realize that.

"Of course I'm.. Of c... Of course...; Of. Course. I. Am. Fine. Of course I'm fine."

Raph wanted to yell at Geno. Fine was something that he was far away from being. It was obvious.

"Must've been a rat, or something."

Really? A rat? Even Raph could make betters lies. She couldn't hear, nor feel any rat around them. Actually... She could feel no animals at all. It's like they just vanished. Raph pushed that thought aside, along with hundreds of others. "Geno. You know there's no rats in Hawthorn. This place is as clean as your grandmother house when you go visit her." She sighed deeply, and, before she could continue, Geno interrupted her.

"W-we should g-go and talk to the other st.. S-s.. Students. Over there."

As much as Raph wanted to continue her conversation with Geno, she knew he was right. There's a whole lot of students that might need help.
"You're right. But Geno, this conversation is not over. I'm worried about you." The brunette placed one of her hands on Geno's cheek, stroking it gently. Then, her hand went to his hand and gently squeezed it. "Come on, let's go."

------ Five hours later

Rafaela did her best to cheer up the hurt students, well, she tried. Most of them were too dazed to even acknowledge her, their eyes empty, probably replaying what happened a few hours ago. It hurt her more than ever. Every time she failed in making them smile, even a tiny little side smile, she searched for Geno's eyes for comfort.

Everything was so quiet, including her mind. There was no little whispers of ants, birds, rats, nothing. Raph didn't like this, she was used to having her mind filled with tiny little noises, animals communicating with each other. Finally, it was too much. Rafaela leaned on the closest wall and broke down. She tried to remain strong during the last five hours, but she was a sensitive person, it was bond to happen. Her legs were too weak to hold her, so she sat and cried. Cried. And cried. Raph tried to hide her tears with her hand, but couldn't do anything about the sobs. She waited for the usual furred paw to comfort her, but none came. Suddenly, she missed the jungle and her family in there. Raph wanted nothing more than to go back home.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Actually, that would be great. There should be some medical stitches in one of the first aid kits over there. Can you go get them for me? Along with a few pain killers, and if you can find some more bandages that would be great."

Mars nodded as he was directed to the supplies Lyra requested, and was about to get up and go grab them when he heard her say something in an almost whisper.

"I wish I could have done something. Anything. At least TRYING would've been more honorable than hiding the way I did. I almost wish I hadn't gotten away with just a few bruises. . ."

This caused Mars to pause for a few moments, before standing up and walking over to the medical table. He was going to address what she said, but it was probably better to think it over a bit before saying anything. As he rummaged through the first aid kits, pulling out some medical stitches, he thought about how if it had been Aleks who said that, he would've just said what was on his mind and been done with it. He was making attempts to be less blunt with his girlfriend at the very least, though the message of what he would say wouldn't change. His hands were still gloved, as his gloves were mainly for combat use anyways and weren't extremely warm, so he took a handful of painkillers from the bottle before placing it back down for further use. As he grabbed a few bandages and a clothe and left the table, he couldn't help but notice that though supplies like painkillers and disinfectant were plenty, the more commonly used ones like bandages were harder to find. Whether that was because they were running out or he just didn't see them he had no idea.

Returning back to Lyra, he placed the stitches, painkillers, and bandages on top of the small cloth he had brought and quickly thought about what he was going to say. Personally, if he'd not gone into the earth with Lyra during the storm and stayed above ground, he'd definitely have been able to protect himself, though it still would have been extremely dangerous like he'd feared before. A few strong ice barriers and he'd be safe and sound. Would he have helped people if he saw them? If he could, yes, though only if it was possible to save them while staying safe himself. Would he have looked for people to help? Definitely not. In a survival situation, staying alive is priority number one, helping others is number two. Even in the first aid training his father gave him it was explicitly stated that if you can't help out a person without putting yourself in danger, don't do it. It was concept that made logical sense, as who would help someone if you were hurt?

Taking a deep breath, Mars said, "In these kinds of situations, keeping yourself safe is priority number one. Let's say that you didn't hide and instead went out to try and help people. You saw how bad things were. The odds of making it out okay were very low, especially with only two people if you'd decided to bring me with you. If you'd gotten hurt, who would be helping these people right now?" He paused shortly, looking at the ground, before continuing, "Even if you'd saved, let's say fifteen lives, and ended up dying, you would no longer be able to help people from that point forward. Trusting in everyone else to hold their own and helping them when things get rough is what a good president should do. In my opinion, you made the right decision." Mars ruffled his hair up a bit, and threw in at the end, "I can help clean cuts if you want, but since you already have Aleks helping you with that I would think it would be logical for me to just get you anymore supplies if you need them."

~Kahra~

Kahra let out a soft moan as she tried to turn over to lay flat on her back again. She was so thirsty. . .but why weren't her arms moving? She had a bottle of water only a few inches from her. Why couldn't she find the strength to just turn over, reach over, and take it? When the girl tried to sit up, her efforts only resulted in failure. Kahra let out another cough, though this one sounded much more painful than her previous ones. Elsa, who'd moved on to tend to the boy laying in the cot closest to Kahra, turned back towards the girl. The nurse quickly knelt down beside the hacking girl, again placing her hand on Kahra's forehead. Elsa frowned, but she wasn't going to audibly say how drastically her fever seemed to spike in just a few minutes.

All she could think about was getting her into a different room. Elsa wasn't going to let Kahra get the other students sick, especially since most of their bodies probably couldn't handle it. Waving over Xavier, Elsa called, "Professor, I need your help with something."

The man made sure Kinya was alright to be on her own for a moment, and then walked over to Elsa. He didn't even have to ask why she needed him before the nurse said in a low voice, "Is there. . .another place we can put her? She's obviously pretty sick, and I'm not sure if she's contagious. . .she came to me a few days ago for some cold medicine, but I don't think it's just the cold anymore. . .perhaps it's evolved into a bug of some sort. I don't want her to infect--"

Xavier raised a hand signalling the woman to stop talking. Kahra could obviously hear them, and she was obviously getting upset about it. The man sighed, and said, "Yeah, there's a fairly large room over there. It could be used as a closet, but nobody ever put anything in it so it should be pretty clean already. Let me talk to her for a moment, and then I can carry her in there. You pick up her cot, water, and anything else she might need."

Elsa nodded, and started to gather up Kahra's things. Xavier knelt down beside the girl, and said, "I'm not going to beat around to bush. You might be contagious and Elsa's afraid you might get other people sick. . .you wouldn't want to do that, right?"

Kahra shook her head.

Xavier couldn't help but smile, and he said, "That's what I thought. So we're just going to move you to a closet--room. Elsa or Giovia will check on you, you'll have water. . .it'll be pretty quiet, so you just need to try to sleep."

Kahra nodded, and then Xavier did the same. He gently slipped his arms beneath the girl, easily picking her up, and then started towards the closet. Elsa wasn't far behind with Kahra's cot.

When the three reached the closet, it was clean, as Xavier expected. Elsa quickly set up Kahra's cot and then Xavier set down the sick girl. He touched her head, and then said, "Just try to rest."

~Lyra~

"There is nothing anyone could have done. No one saw this coming. Don't blame yourself. Just focus on what can be done, not what has been done already."

Lyra sighed as Aleksander uttered the words and Mars stood up to gather the supplies she'd requested. She knew that he was right, that nothing was really her fault. It's not like she was the one who caused the storm. It's not like she left someone to die when she could've done something. . .besides, she was helping now. She was doing everything she could. Wasn't that enough?

When Mars came back, Lyra did her best to smile. She was about to thank him, but he spoke before she could.

"In these kinds of situations, keeping yourself safe is priority number one. Let's say that you didn't hide and instead went out to try and help people. You saw how bad things were. The odds of making it out okay were very low, especially with only two people if you'd decided to bring me with you. If you'd gotten hurt, who would be helping these people right now?"

Mars was right.

"Even if you'd saved, let's say fifteen lives, and ended up dying, you would no longer be able to help people from that point forward. Trusting in everyone else to hold their own and helping them when things get rough is what a good president should do. In my opinion, you made the right decision."

Again, Mars was right.

Dammit, I hate it when he's right.

"I can help clean cuts if you want, but since you already have Aleks helping you with that I would think it would be logical for me to just get you anymore supplies if you need them."

"Thank you, Mars. . .and I was able to protect you, right?" she smiled. "I told you I would. . .and actually, I--"

Glancing up, Lyra's expression faded from bittersweet to puzzlement. Xavier and Elsa. . .who was that Xavier was carrying? Kahra, wasn't it? Lyra tilted her head, and then asked, "Geez, what happened to her? Why are they moving her?" 

~Professor Giovia Eriwind~

Giovia sighed as she continued wrapping Emma's shoulder, shaking her head and saying, "I've treated hundreds of students in the passed few hours alone, and you, my dear, are the only one whose injury wasn't caused by the storm. The doors here are made of solid oak! Did you honestly think that your little shoulder could break down a sturdy door like that? I need to show you one of these days how it's done. You see, you KICK it down. . .of course, if you kick it wrong you could easily break your ankle but. . .oh, just forget it. There, you're done."

Giovia grabbed a pair of scissors and quickly snipped the bandage before securing it with a few ties. The woman tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, and then put the girl's arm in a sling. She sighed, and then said, "You had a very small fracture, and though I was able to fix it, it's still going to hurt for a while. Do NOT raise that arm, as it WILL hurt like hell. The bone is still weak. Even though the fracture is gone, it wouldn't be hard to go and crack the bone again. The sling will help prevent you from straining it. . ."

"You think I can do much better? You don't need a weapon as it is unlikely you are going to be attacked. Now come on, let's get inside."

Luke nodded in concurrence with the statement as per usual, Mars was right once again. Strange, the lad seems to be correct in every suggestion he makes, he thought to himself as the Irishman soon headed in the direction of the main hall, the sights leaving a bitter taste in the mouth. Another thing that he found rather odd was the fact that he hadn't heard from the voices since the debacle actually begun. He pondered the question as to what could make them fall so silent, considering in the past few months they were as erratic, boisterous as they ever might have been. It was a question that he wanted to answer, but a question that had to be left un-addressed for the time being. Thinking about his own mental illness wasn't the exactly the most ideal thing to do during a crisis where everybody had to stick together. Speak of sticking together, he could say that about himself at the moment but a head shook in exasperation dispelled the weary, mental message. There were others in a lot worse shape then him and he was complaining about his mental state. Get a hold of yourself, people could be dying, WAKE UP, he chastisized himself.

As he walked on, the carnage of the whole event became more apparent as Luke took in the gruesome sight. It was hard to believe in his eyes, that he had survived the calamity that hit the school. Although he didn't come out completely unscathed, lacerations too numerous to count marked themselves around, dried blood that seeped from the wounds now cling to his flesh. Plus his clothes were ripped to an ungodly degree, a change was needed. The unknown effect of the liquefied-darkness still sat around in his mind, wondering what the result would be for those who had let the droplets make contact. With a bit of luck, hopefully nothing too bad will come of it, was the wishful, perceived notion in the Irishman's mind. Although there was the opinion that if you did touch it, then you would be under the influence of whoever had made the rain come about. Even if it was just a notion, it was still very much a possibility since nobody has had any reports of being possessed by something or someone. But seeing the people like this, just made him...angry. Whenever Luke would see somebody having a moment of weakness, he would appear as somewhat morbid. Seeing people like that just didn't seem right to him, it wasn't human at all. He'll make the person whoever did this PAY.

WE
ARE HERE NOW LUKE DON'T WORRY

(@Rai\-Chan)

Emma Farris

Emma watched as Her favorite teacher healed and bandaged up her shoulder "Thats why I didnt want to kick it. If I needed to run, I needed my legs." she giggled softly, letting her put her arm in a sling "Alright. I'll try not to lift it." she said. "hey, Professor Giovia?" she asked "Are you doing okay healing all these kids?" she asked "You look a bit pale.." she was worried for the woman. Hoping that nothing would happen to her..

--------------------------------------------- Ambrogino Friar ---------------------------------------------

Geno was sitting against a wall in the corner of the large room with his legs pulled up. The logical side of his brain told him that he couldn't be alright, he was acting strange, his head felt strange, his thoughts incoherent, but his emotional side told him everything was fine. These two sides mixed together to create a rather uncertain mood. He almost felt like crying. He'd never been so confused before in his life, not even with Calista, not even with Raph. This was inside him, the one thing he'd always been able to control. And now that control was taken from him.

He stood up from the ground. He'd been in a weak state of meditation, just to keep the feelings away, but as soon as he broke concentration, it was all back. He could swear there was something scratching the back of his mind, snarling at him, eager to get inside... He pushed the thoughts aside, and tried to focus. What could he do against this? What could he.. He should look for help.. A teacher? Xavier.. No, no. Not Xavier.. Where's Crysta? Crysta.. Was the one who was good at this. Wasn't she? He looked around the room. It seemed like everything was kind of hazy, but he spotted a teacher over there. Which one? Gi... Giovia? Yes. Giovia.

He stumbled over. She was treating a girl he recognized. He'd never talked to the girl, but he was pretty sure she'd been around the school. He stopped next to them, and stood as straight as he could, but despite his brave attempt, he must've been swaying slightly. He imagined this was what being drunk was like. "Ex.. Excuse.. Excuse me, Professor Eri-" "Hey" He was cut off. That was weird. He tried to start talking again. "Eriwind. Whe-" "Hey" What the... It must've looked very strange. He just started talking, and abruptly stopped halfway through the sentence. He stumbled slightly, and fell down to one knee. "I.. I n-need to talk to Crysta-" "Hey" This voice finally got to him, and in rage he turned his fist into metal, slammed it into the ground creating a large crack in it, and loudly shouted "Shut up!"

... At least the voice stopped. He sat down with his legs crossed and his head in his hands. An enormous headache was creeping on. He didn't know what to do anymore, so he just sat there, defeated.

@Rai-Chan

@Britt-21

(Damnit Geno, you cray-cray.)

--------------------------------------------- Gwendolyn Friar ---------------------------------------------

Geno leaned against the wall next to Cylva. She had no experience in treating wounds, so she didn't offer to help the wounded. She didn't think she was very good at comforting them either. Walking up to them and faking a "Aww, hope you get better soon!" with a wink wasn't exactly her thing, and walking up to them and saying "Suck it up, pansy." wasn't the best way of solving the situation either. She didn't feel too shocked at the sight of blood, or this probably traumatizing-to-some situation. She hadn't ever been part of anything worse, so it was strange. Maybe she was in shock? It didn't feel like it.

"Does your phone have any service? That storm must have done some work on the tower around here... I haven't seen a single bar since it started." She snapped back to reality. "No, not a single bar. Weird huh? But I guess a storm that harsh must've knocked down the local radio towers. If it really was a storm.." Her voice trailed up. She wasn't as alright as she thought, apparently. She was confused about the storm, and she was uneasy. "Hey, Cylva.. I guess we haven't talked about it a lot, but you have a family that loves you back home, right?... Would they be sad if you... You know.. Died?" A blunt question, but it's what she wondered.

Someone shouted and something made a crashing noise somewhere in the room, but Gwen couldn't care less right now. She was down again.

@AshenLily

~Professor Giovia Eriwind/Headmistress Kinya Weatherstone~

"Hey, Professor Giovia? Are you doing okay healing all these kids? You look a bit pale..."

Giovia looked up at Emma (@Britt\-21) and gave her a small smile. She wiped a bead of sweat from her forehead and said, "I'm fine, dear. It takes a lot of energy, but I can regenerate fairly quickly. There's no doubt that after I'm done with all of these students that I will need to rest, but I assure you, I am perfectly fine. Thank you for asking--"

Suddenly, the woman was interrupted by a boy. Geno. She'd been keeping a close eye on the boy since the very first collaboration project. He was a good boy. . .even if he was a little strange.

"Ex.. Excuse.. Excuse me, Professor Eri-"

Giovia tilted her head as the boy stuttered, and then was suddenly cut off. . .cut off as if someone was interrupting him. Raising an eyebrow, she asked, "Yes, Geno?" (@Kriyze)

"Eriwind. Whe-"

As the boy tried again, he'd fallen to one knee. Giovia immediately followed, dropping down to the ground and wrapping an arm around his shoulders. The woman, voice dripping with concern, ask, "Geno, what's wrong?"

"I.. I n-need to talk to Crysta-"

If the situation with Crysta had been any different, she would've immediately sent for Crysta to come see what was wrong with the boy. He looked fine physically, but it was obvious that there was something going on mentally. And that's exactly what Crysta specialized in.

"Shut up!"

Giovia withdrew her arm from the boy's shoulders as he violently slammed his fist into the floor, emitting a loud crack from the wood as it snapped. She narrowed her eyes as Kinya limped over, exclaiming, "What the hell is going on over here?!"

"Geez, what happened to her? Why are they moving her?"

Mars glanced in the direction Lyra was looking, seeing Xavier carrying who seemed to be Kahra. That's odd. What could be the reason for that? His mind could only think that she was either under a lot of stress and needed to be removed from the situation, or was on the verge of death and wanted to be alone. Either way, whether he had the full picture or not it wasn't something he thought he should concern himself with. There were many other people who had it rough as well, and worrying about one person just because he worked with them seemed irresponsible.

"I'm sure she'll be fine. Whatever is going on, Elsa and Xavier's dealing with it now." Mars gently placed a hand on Lyra's shoulder and nodded towards the girl in front of her. "We need to worry about the people that aren't being attended to by the teachers." He then brought his gaze up to Aleks, and with a much sterner voice said, "That means you as well."

Mars doubted that the overly helpful Aleks would be able to keep his instincts under control and fully expected the boy to inquire Xavier about his girlfriends position. Of course, if he made such a foolish action and abandoned the girl in front of him, Mars was fully prepared to take over.

Anthony got out of the cot and back into the wheelchair. "I'm beginning to get a little light headed should grab some fresh air." Anthony rolled himself towards the door but he was too dizzy to actually make it out. He hit a few empty cots and a kid's foot.

"Sorry." He said before forcing the chair towards as hard as he could. He was seeing double and tried to which door was the right one. As ge pulsed forwards a few kids winced while others gasped. Anthony realized too late that he had picked the wrong door and slammed into the wall.

He bounced off the wall and held his now bleeding nose. "I'm obviously not going to go outside." He noted before tilting his head back and trying to be careful not to bleed on anything.

--------------------------------------------- Ambrogino Friar ---------------------------------------------

Geno was gone again. Lost to his thoughts. It was strange. For a moment he could see the people around him without looking at them, or so it felt. He could feel people reacting towards his violent outburst, but he couldn't hear anything. He felt so divided.

Tears started streaming out his eyes, filling his palms, overflowing, running down his arms. Everything he did now seemed pointless. He just did it to get an outlet for the energy he felt surging through him. He couldn't be still for a single moment. He stopped crying as abruptly as he started, and smacked his covered hands down in the floor, and made the metal disappear. This time causing a lot less damage. It just looked like an action of spite.

He looked up towards the person in front of him. K.. Kiny.. Kinya.. The.. Uh.. Headmistress. Important person. Yeah, very important. Hadn't ever talked to her that much, but this... He felt bad. Really bad. What did the headmistress do anyway? He didn't know. He never saw her that much.

He angled his head so he looked up at the headmistress, and a tear ran down his cheek while he was still himself, and he said; "Can.. You help?.." Before his consciousness slipped again. Not consciousness exactly, but more of his control of himself. He started manicly biting his nails.

"Would they be sad if you... You know... Died?"

Cylva winced. Through all the time she and Gwen had been friends, she'd managed to avoid talking about her home life, for the most part. Gwen knew Cylva had a mother, but that was only due to Cylva talking about her mother being excited for her to come home. She'd managed avoiding any conversation in regards to the nature of her powers, and anything about her father, or other family members. Such private details were for her journals, and her journals, alone.

Cylva knew Gwen had a troubled home life. She'd touched on it briefly, and Cylva had been able to piece together the rest, from the girl's demeanor, alone. From what she could tell, there was definitely more than a bit of tension, there. This question confirmed it.

Cylva tried to answer the question as diplomatically as she could. "Well..." she paused. "Anyone's family would be sad, to lose a member. No matter the situation between them. Even though she hated him for everything he did to me, my mother--" she caught herself, and quickly ended her tangent. Never mind that. I believe my mother would miss me. Just as I believe anyone else's family would be devastated to lose them." Was she about to overstep her bounds as a friend? Quite frankly, Cylva didn't know. But generalizing the subject wouldn't help anyone.

Cylva leaned a bit closer to Gwen, and lightly placed her hand on the other girl's shoulder. "G-Gwen. No matter what's happened with your family, I know they care about you. They have to. They'd have to be crazy not to..." as her voice lowered to a whisper, Cylva reached up. And brushed a lock of Gwen's hair away from her face, so she could look her in the eye. "They'd have to be crazy." She smiled, hoping Gwen would hear the sincerity of her words. It was fairly easy to tell Gwen as hurting, and Cylva didn't like it. Not one bit.

@Kriyze

~Lyra~

"I'm sure she'll be fine. Whatever is going on, Elsa and Xavier's dealing with it now."

Lyra nodded as the she felt Mars's warm, familiar hand rest on her shoulder. Oh, how she would love to just hide underground with him, shielded from wandering eyes, and lose herself in his embrace. . .but of course, that was just a fantasy. At that moment, what she needed to do was help the girl in front of her. Lyra biting down on her lip, quickly finished cleaning the last of the girl's cuts. She examined a fairly large gash across the girl's chest for a moment, and then said, "That definitely needs stitches. . .I'll probably be able to do it myself, as it doesn't look too serious, but if Giovia is--"

Suddenly, the girl heard a loud exclamation, follow by the cracking of wood. She quickly whipped her gaze to the source of the sound to see Giovia kneeling beside Geno, who'd seemingly collapsed.

"I-I suppose she's not free, then." the President muttered. At that very moment, the cut up girl's eyes fluttered open. They were held a sort of pain-filled confusion, and Lyra frowned. She gently touched the injured girl's hand and asked, "How're you feeling?"

"Like crap." the girl replied bluntly as she tried to sit up. Wincing in pain, she collapsed back down onto the cot. Lyra leaned forward and said, "Don't move! You're pretty beat up. . .M-Mars. . .um. . ."

Lyra looked back at her boyfriend with eyes that clearly asked for help. How was she supposed to give this girl stitches when she was already in so much pain?

((Will have a post for Giovia by tonight.))

Aleks was bandaging another girl when he noticed Kahra being moved. He looked at Lyra and Mars uncomfortably.

"I hate to say this, but are you two able to handle things on your own? I just want to make sure Kahra isn't in serious condition. I'll come back to help more people.. I'm being selfish I know...I just...sorry.." Aleks said quietly, not his usually happy self. He was in a bit of a depressing mood. All this unhappiness and pain was really making him feel bad and now backing out of helping, he was feeling like a selfish jerk.

(SHORT POST! I gotta go to bed ;P)

~Nurse Elsa Longstorm/Professor Xavier Caige~

Xavier sighed, and turned towards Elsa. Though Kahra didn't seem to be in critical condition, he couldn't help but worry about Kinya's younger sister anyway. He ran his fingers through his hair, and then said, "I guess we should leave her now, shouldn't we? Do you want me to get Kinya? She might want to--"

Elsa held up a hand, and then nodded. She ushered the man out of the closet, and was about to close the door when she saw Aleksander approaching them. There was no doubt in her mind that he just wanted to check on the girl, so she left to door open a crack and gave him a small nod. Turning towards Xavier again, she said, "If you want to get Kinya, you can. I think it's only fair. And with her gas mask, I doubt that she'll contract any disease. . .and Aleksander is strong, so. . .ugh, but if he does get sick. . ."

Xavier patted her shoulder, and said, "Don't worry."

Suddenly, there was a very loud crash. Elsa and Xavier both spun around to see Anthony, now bleeding from his nose, was sprawled onto the floor. Elsa quickly wove through the cots and students until she was kneeling beside him. She raised an eyebrow and asked, "Why are you on the floor?"

Calista held on to dear life on Tekis but they soon got to safety as Calista was placed back on the ground, relieved that the ground still existed at the least. Looking up at Tekis, her heart fluttered when she saw Tekis's smile again, a lips curled up in a smile along with him as he thanked her but then started telling Calista his plan to go back to his homeland to finish some "business" that he needed to get done which made Calista shiver at how scary his voice sounded saying that. Being handed a small rectangle paper with the word "Plane Ticket" made in bold black colors with the words where the ticket would take her.

Holding the ticket close and tightly so the wind wouldn't get to it, she just nodded, a bit concern of what Tekis was gonna get himself into if he was to go and shook her head and just slip the ticket in her pocket,"I'll think about it but let's get inside now." Calista said pulling him to the Main building where everyone else was all located and looked around for Anthony, worry sick over him since they did plan to meet up earlier. Turning around, she saw a boy with black hair lending on a wall with his head up, blood was on his hand as she ran over,"Anthony! Are you okay?" Calista called out and helped him,"What happened?!" Calista said concern and took out a napkin to stop his nose from bleeding.

@Holo

~Rafaela~

Rafaela was almost falling asleep while leaned on the wall when she was suddenly brought back by a very familiar voice coming from the other side of the hall.

"Shut up!"

Geno. Oh god. How could she leave him alone? Congratulations Raph. You just earned yourself the title of the worst girlfriend ever. She didn't have time to cry while so many people were suffering a lot more than her. She was fine for f*ck's sake! What a ungrateful little shit was she.

Raph wiped her tears with her hand and got on her feet. She shouldn't have left him alone. She shouldn't. But she also wanted to take care of the other students. But it was obvious who needed her more at the moment. The brunette finally found him. And she didn't like what she saw. She dashed quickly towards him, putting her hand on his back.

"Geno. Geno. Stop biting your nails, it won't do any good. Come on." She said gently, while holding his hands. She realized she was shaking. Badly. The tears started rolling once again, as she tried to smile reassuringly. "It'll be okay. Everything will be fine." Raph murmured as she embraced Geno. She just noticed Kinya there, and looked at her with pleading eyes. Usually, she wouldn't ask for help, but her pride didn't exist at that moment. All she wanted was for Geno to be okay. And she would do anything to make that happen. Anything.

@Kriyze

@Queen Rai

Mars' eyes widened as the wounded girl regained consciousness. It obviously was never good to have a patient who still needed treatment wake up during the procedure, and he had to hold off his first and rather bad instinct to clock her in the side of the head with the heaviest thing around to knock her out. With Giovia and Elsa busy with other things, the situation was just a nightmare to handle.

"M-Mars. . .um. . ."

"I know, I know! Just..." His voice had a hint of panic in it, glancing at the injured girl. She was in quite a bit of pain, and most of the first aid training he'd received was based around keeping someone alive long enough for someone more experienced to show up.

"I hate to say this, but are you two able to handle things on your own? I just want to make sure Kahra isn't in serious condition. I'll come back to help more people.. I'm being selfish I know...I just...sorry.."

Mars cursed under his breath as Aleks left him and Lyra to deal with the situation alone. Yeah, just abandon someone in need. I'm sure that's the nice thing to do, hypocrite. Mars turned his attention back to the issue at hand, looking towards Lyra. It was probably in their best interest to get Elsa anyways and inform her of the situation, but it wasn't Extremely serious, so he held back from doing that right away. "Um, how serious do you think the gash is? You think I should just get Elsa and inform her of our situation? Unless there are anesthetics around we can't exactly do anything at the moment besides provide moral support."

Mars briefly looked at the injured girl and gave her a faint smile, hoping she wasn't too worried. He then leaned in close to Lyra and cupped his hand around her ear as to hide what he was about to say and whispered, "Personally, if you think it's really serious and we can't get Elsa or anesthetics, I'd just stitch her up as is. Just tell her to tough it out, though That's just a thought." He pulled away, bringing his hand back by his side. He was pretty sure he didn't help Lyra all that much with his suggestions as they all seemed like common sense, though he was just as baffled by the situation as she seemed to be.

~Lyra~

"Um, how serious do you think the gash is? You think I should just get Elsa and inform her of our situation? Unless there are anesthetics around we can't exactly do anything at the moment besides provide moral support."

Lyra nodded as she examined the cut further. It didn't look good, that was for sure. When Mars was suddenly cupping his hands around her ear, she bit her lip.

"Personally, if you think it's really serious and we can't get Elsa or anesthetics, I'd just stitch her up as is. Just tell her to tough it out, though That's just a thought."

Lyra pulled away, and looked at him in utter shock. She couldn't just tell this girl to "tough it out". She'd been in enough pain as it was. Hugging her arms, Lyra said, "M-maybe we can get Giovia to heal her really fast? I-I don't think I can stitch her up when she's fully conscious. Seeing her in pain. . .and Mars, what if she flinches or something and I send a stitch in way too deep? I've never done this on a real person! I-I. . ."

Glancing back down, Lyra realized that the girl could hear everything the President had just said. Lyra groaned, and then said, "I'm sorry, I'm panicking. . .we should wait until Giovia's available to heal her or Elsa's available to stitch her up. . .I. . .aw, geez, listen to me. . .I'm pathetic."

"Why are you on the floor?"

Anthony heard Elsa's question but he saw four of her dancing in front of him. "My legs are paralyzed and i'm seeing quadrupled objects." Anthony responded his words a little slurred and he felt like hammered dog sh*t. He felt a lot better when he heard the voice he had been hunting for all day.

"What happened?!"

"I didn't get the forecast for the day. Why didn't you answer my text?" Anthony asked before realizing nobody had cell reception now. He hugged her forcing himself to stand for a few seconds through excruciating pain while holding her napkin to his nose. "I was the one sending all the gifts and letters and messages. It's not every day a guy like me finds a great treasure like you." He whispered into her ear before his legs gave out having finally severed their usefulness entirely.

Anthony was very careful when he whispered so that only Calista could hear but he was tired of hiding and being quiet. "I love Calista and I don't give a d*mn what anybody thinks. I tried to save her in that freaky storm from hell and lost my legs but you know what if I had got to her it would be worth it!" Anthony yelled at the top of his lungs and a few students laughed while others made classic awwww noises.

Last edited by a moderator:
((Sorry again for the long tine since my last reply, real life keeps appearing and getting in the way of things.))

~Sam Polaris~

Sam looked around at the devastation, and a feeling of guilt pressed down on his chest. He probably could have helped. Hell, he knew he could have helped, he probably could have gotten out several of the people who were now lying injured on the beds. Instead, he had warped away as the roof had collapsed, and spent the time until it stopped curled in a ball sobbing in the centre of the largest field on the grounds, far away from any buildings or trees. Now, however, he was useless, teleportation had no use in a medical situation, in fact the only thing it was really good at, was running away. A skill Sam had applied time and time again.

He sighed, watching as the students were slowly healed, wishing there was something he could do.

He looked around for Reph, seeing her huggled over Geno he decided not to intervene. Emma Farris was his next target, but she was busy talking to other people, and didn't look like she wanted to be disturbed. Besides them, he didn't really think he had any friends, and Sam suspected they didn't really consider him a friend, given that he spent most of his time on his own.

He was going to give up and leave, but he decided he may as well check to see if there was anything he could do, and as such, he wondered over to Xavier, (@Queen Rai) who looked like he was the least busy of the teachers.

"Uh, hey there, " he said, trying to force a nervous smile, "Is, um, is there anything I can do to help?"

--------------------------------------------- Gwendolyn Friar ---------------------------------------------

"Well... Anyone's family would be sad, to lose a member. No matter the situation between them. Even though she hated him for everything he did to me, my mother--" Gwen quickly turned her head to look at Cylva. She hadn't talked about her family before, and she always seemingly avoided the subject. Unfortunately, it didn't seem like she wanted to talk about it now, neither. "Never mind that. I believe my mother would miss me. Just as I believe anyone else's family would be devastated to lose them." Gwen sighed and looked back forward. Cylva just kept generalizing things. She had no idea what it was like back home. I mean, Gwen barely knew what it was like.

"G-Gwen. No matter what's happened with your family, I know they care about you. They have to. They'd have to be crazy not to..." Gwen didn't move when she felt Cylva's touch, but the words did force a smile onto her face. She couldn't help but giggle. "They'd have to be crazy." She leaned in and hugged Cylva. Her words had touched her slightly, and despite her wanting to burst out in laughter, she had to fight to keep the tears back. "You're my best friend ever, Cylva. You know that? You're awesome." She leaned back again and let Cylva go. "But you're kind of missing the point. I don't care about my family anymore. But I'm scared of death, and I just wanted to make sure I'm not the only one who'd miss you if you... Went." She didn't want to talk like that. She couldn't imagine a lifetime without Cylva.

A single tear overpowered her and ran down her cheek, just to evaporate, creating a shortlived cloud of steam. "Just don't die. Because if you do, I'll kill you!"

(Geno will be along when @Queen Rai responds)

@AshenLily

"But you're kind of missing the point. I don't care about my family anymore. But I'm scared of death, and I just wanted to make sure I'm not the only one who'd miss you if you... Went."

Cylva sat back, unsure of what to say. Though she wasn't sure exactly what had happened between Gwen and her family, she hadn't figured it was so bad, that Gwen just didn't care about her family anymore. How the girl's family had been able to do something so horrible, as to lose Gwen's love, was something she'd never know. She nearly pressed the subject, wanting to know more about the situation at home, but quickly decided that probably wasn't a good idea, given that Gwen would likely, in turn, ask what she had meant earlier, about her mother and father.

Cylva nodded slowly, deep in though. "Thank you, Gwen. That was really sweet." The girl's fear of death was understandable. Hell, it was more than that. It was natural. At one point, she'd been scared of death, as well, though after quite a bit of meditating on the subject, she now found herself more curious than fearful of the subject, but she definitely understood why Gwen was scared of death. "However," she continued, "you don't have to worry about that. I'm not dying anytime soon, and you'd better not be, either."

"Just don't die. Because if you do, I'll kill you!"

Cylva laughed at the other girl's humor, though she didn't miss the tear slide down her cheek, an indication that the words were still completely serious. She turned forward, and closed her eyes, "likewise, Gwen. I can't have you dying on me, either." Though Cylva and Lyra were pretty close, Cylva was extremely careful about a "best friend" title. Hell, she was even careful with "friend", in general. It wasn't a word she used lightly. As she pondered this, another thought suddenly occurred to her. Gwen really was the person she trusted, and cared most for, in her life. While she did love her mother deeply, no one understood her like Gwen did. Even in just the short four months they'd been at Hawthorne, that much had become evident. Maybe opening up wouldn't be so bad, after all...

"G-Gwen... I-If you don't mind me asking... What exactly happened between you and your family?" She turned once more, to look at her friend. "I mean, i-if you don't want to talk about it, that's fine. I-I understand. I just can't understand how anyone could force someone as sweet as you to just stop c-caring..." Cylva's voice quieted as she spoke, the last few words barely more than a whisper. Sitting against the wall, she pulled her knees up, and tightly hugged them. Had she gone too far? She'd begun to regret her words nearly the moment she'd started speaking, but for whatever reason had been unable to stop herself. "I-I don't mean to p-pry. I'm just curious, is all. You obviously don't need to talk about it, u-unless you want to."

@Kriyze

Luke trudged on, the lethargy he felt now completely dissipated. In the main hall, there were bodies strewn around the place, still very much alive however. There were a few in bad shape, much more so then he although the Irishman felt that his were only a few nicks. He contemplated asking Ms. Erwind for a certain degree of healing but decided against, seeing as she had a lot more on her plate then she cared to eat. Quite a shame it is, he thought as he gazed over all the injured, a certain degree of sadness penetrating his heart. An empathetic person is what he would describe himself as being even though that feeling has somewhat dulled over the past few months but he still felt that the blade was sharp.

As he walked around the room, he didn't see Ms. Chime anywhere; the poor damsel must be in ungodly, excruciating pain at the moment. Considering the irritation that he used to call her, Luke wouldn't be surprised if Crysta would have passed out from all the negative energy wafting through the air. The Meditation and Focus professor was without a shadow of a doubt his favourite teacher if he had to choose between her and Ms. Erwind, although such an opinion is as fleeting as the wind. Simply put, it was due to the fact that she made him feel so at home when he visited Hawthorne for the first time. She wasn't imposing, a light-hearted women from what he could deduct upon his first conversation with her. Luke enjoyed the company of such people, he wanted to call them 'friends'. But in such circumstances, a play on having fun is the last thing anybody wanted at the moment. With a bit of luck, Crysta might be able to talk with him; if she didn't, well that was understandable too. Walking on past what seemed to be Gwen's brother in a bit of dire straits mentally, the Irishman felt a bit of a nerve twitch inside his head at the sight of him. For his own sake as well as Gwen's Luke hoped that the lad would get through the debacle with relative ease. Everybody was so shook by this catastrophe, a thing he couldn't relate too. Maybe suffering from DID has made him immune to such instances. Or maybe he was just plain mad, who knew?

Seeing as the Headmistress was there, he felt inclined to ask whether he could see Crysta or not.

"Excuse me miss," he began, pulling up what remained of his sleeves, "Is there any chance I could Ms. Chime or not? I know it might be inappropriately timed and she may not be in the best of states at the moment, but if the possibility is there, please let me know. I just need to sit and...converse with myself for the next few minutes. Also, if not's any trouble, could you send someone to have a look at me? I don't I'm that bad but it would be good to have an opinion."

@Queen Rai

@Haruhi Suzumiya

The feeling was familiar, but unusual. She felt like crying and laughing at the same time. Maybe she was in shock anyway. Luckily Cylva was there, and made things easier. Her laugh, and the "Likewise, Gwen. I can't have you dying on me, either." Warmed her heart, and made her feel less pointless. Something seemed to be bothering Cylva though, and Gwen was about to ask her, when she spoke up. "G-Gwen... I-If you don't mind me asking... What exactly happened between you and your family?" Difficult question. She'd make her attempt at answering it though, she just needed a moment to think.

"I mean, i-if you don't want to talk about it, that's fine. I-I understand. I just can't understand how anyone could force someone as sweet as you to just stop c-caring..." Gwen couldn't hold back anymore, and bursted into laughter. It was a real laugh, but it might've sounded a bit forced. She wasn't in a very usual mood, exactly. She turned to Cylva, and said "You're biased! I'm not very sweet, and you know it. Remember when that one guy with super strength hit on me? Yeah, I wasn't very sweet there, was I?" She thought back at the time. She was painfully unimpressed by his muscles and his looks, and his personality had the depth of a potato. She rejected him quite harshly, which embarassed him in front of quite a few of his "friends". It was fun, she had to admit.

"I-I don't mean to p-pry. I'm just curious, is all. You obviously don't need to talk about it, u-unless you want to." "No, no. It's fine Cylva. Honestly, according to Geno, I probably wouldn't have any right to speak like this.."

"I guess it would be easier if I started from the beginning. I've told you my family is filthy rich, right? I'd imagine I personally have more money than everyone in Hawthorne and that nearby city will see in their entire lives collectively. My grandfather's grandfather grandfather was involved in the very beginning of the car industry, and sold oil back then. It turned into a family thing, and the family made money from a variety of things. We've been shareholders of thousands of succesful things, and on and on and on, so we're quite famous. I think a lot of what we do is illegal though, but I haven't been told about it. Geno knows more about that, even though he was never invited to any meetings. Although the family's actual name isn't often used, so people won't call us out on being named Friar.

Either way, it's a pretty disciplined family in that fashion. Our parents expect us to become succesful con-artists or businessmen, whatever you want to call it. I've always been my mother's pride, being the only daughter she's had, and my dad always expected me to use my... Assets, I guess. They've always been kind to me, spoiled me, forced me to get an extravagant education, and so forth. Same thing with Geno, it's just that he's always been... Denied, I guess. My parents are old money, and are very... Orthodox. Let's just say that they would have black slaves if it was still legal. They don't want us to be different. They want us to blend in, and I presume you've seen my brother's eyes? Yeah.

But I've told you that I got my powers basicly just a week before I came here, right? I've barely been neglected at all, but as soon as I showed signs of my powers.. They changed. Mom stopped looking at me, dad didn't talk to me unless absolutely necessary. My siblings made fun of me.... But this is how it's always been for Geno, and he's fine. More or less."

(Sentimental, I know.)

Gwen shook her head. She didn't feel like she had gotten the point across, but hopefully Cylva had a good enough connection with her to get it anyway. "Either way, that's when I realized they were assholes. And I can't be arsed to care about them." She looked at Cylva with a disappointed look. It wasn't directed at her, but she was thinking about her family. As soon as she realized how she must be looking, she blinked, and got more of a curious facial expression before asking "Now, what about your family?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back