• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Hawthorne Academy

"I'm sorry, I'm panicking. . .we should wait until Giovia's available to heal her or Elsa's available to stitch her up. . .I. . .aw, geez, listen to me. . .I'm pathetic."

Mars gripped Lyra's hand and gave it a gentle squeeze in an attempt to calm her nerves. "It's fine. That's a perfectly logical reaction in a situation like this. In fact, you're probably handling it better than most people. You're doing fine, though you should probably take a break after this." Turning to face the cut girl, he flashed a quick apologetic smile and said, "Just hang on for a while longer until either the nurse or professor Eriwind shows up. until then, stay lying down and rest."

Mars thought about how Lyra was panicking and how she seemed generally worried about this girls safety. It's well known that overly kind people tend to get on his nerves, but she wasn't foolish in the way she treated things. He wasn't panicking nearly as much, but did he care? Sure, he was helping out as much as possible and wanted to make sure everyone was safe, but he seemed to lack the amount of sympathy Lyra had for everyone. Heck, he even suggested operating on a conscious patient. That definitely seemed like a disregard for how the girl would feel.

"You know,"
He began, running one hand through his hair as he turned to face his girlfriend again, still gripping her hand, "You may think it's a bad thing, but the fact that you are so stressed about this just means that you are perfect for doing things like this. You care for everyone and their safety a great deal, and thus feel bad when you can't help. I just treat everything like it's some sort of...objective to be reached, a big sheet with statistics instead of people, always trying to find the most efficient solution. If anything, you aren't pathetic, just human." He kept a faint smile all throughout as he spoke, hoping he would manage to calm her down a bit.

"You're biased! I'm not very sweet, and you know it. Remember when that one guy with super strength hit on me? Yeah, I wasn't very sweet there, was I?"

Okay, I'm biased! So what? I think you're an absolute peach... to me, at least." She laughed again, remembering that day. Has it really been four months, already?

"Either way, that's when I realized they were assholes. And I can't be arsed to care about them."

Cylva nodded slowly. She could see how the whole situation could seem like it wasn't a big deal, to other people, but personally, she understood, and was thankful that Gwen was comfortable enough to share the story with her. "Well, I'm sorry to hear that. They're unfortunate people, your parents. They've no idea what they're missing out on." A genuine smile spread across her face, but quickly faded as the subject turned. "Now, what about your family?"

Cylva sighed. She'd been hoping that this portion of the conversation wouldn't be brought up quite yet, as she felt the questions would be better answered by her journals. However, after just asking Gwen to talk about her family, she couldn't very well just ask her to wait, now could she?

"Ohhhhh, let's see. Where to begin..." Well, it's just my mother and I, now. My father was a workaholic, and eventually worked himself to death. Dying of a heart attack in his 30s... I don't remember much of him, but I do remember he was a brilliant man. A scientist. One of the leading scientists in the world, from what I understand...

"I was his little girl. My parents had always wanted more children, but it just didn't seem to be meant to happen. I was a bit spoiled, considering where I'm from. Though my family wasn't exactly rich, we were fairly well off. My father's job paid the bills, but he hated taking credit for any work others had been a part of. Anyway, apparently on some expedition he'd gone on, to some underground cave, led them incredibly deep into the earth, and they ended up stumbling upon some sort of strange gemstones unknown to the scientific world." Cylva paused for a few moments, wiping away some of the tears forming in her eyes, and clearing her throat.

"He took them back to his lab, and ran all kinds of tests on the material. It appeared to be alive, and was able to restructure it's entire being at a moment's notice, eventually reverting back to it's original state in the same manner, whenever it pleased." Again, she paused. "My father... he came up with the theory that the stone could be used to genetically modify creatures. He'd tried it with a small rat, but went about the integration process incorrectly, leading to the rat's death. After that, the scientific community dismissed his idea as silly, and cut his funding." A tear formed in each eye, streaming down her cheeks, until she wiped them away with her sleeve. "With no more funding, he had the materials he needed for just one last test. The problem was, getting a test subject was difficult, as he didn't have any form of compensation for them, and would be asking them to lay their life on the line.

"He waited a few years, trying to work to get his funding back, but it was never approved. They'd said he'd lost his touch, and that he wasn't worth the risk anymore. Called him washed up. A has-been. Finally, he just sort of... snapped. The next morning, I awoke to breakfast in bed, courtesy of my daddy." Cylva smiled bitterly, as she said the word. "What I didn't know, is that the orange juice was spiked with a light sedative. Once it kicked in, and I'd fallen back asleep, he gave me something a bit stronger, to ensure I wouldn't wake up. Well, a few hours later, I wasn't completely human anymore. He'd reconstructed a few of the cells in my body, to reproduce with the crystal, and the process was on it's way. He knew it would take some time... but it took a bit longer than anticipated. After three more years, he still hadn't seen any sort of development with the crystals, and he snapped, thinking he had failed. He changed. He was a completely different man. Less than a week later, the heart attack occurred, and that was that..." Tears streamed from her eyes, as she fought to hold back the sobs seeking to work their way out. "I didn't even remember anything. It wasn't until a few weeks after his death, that my mother discovered what he had done, in one of his journals.

"He died, a failure. Or, so he thought. Only a few days after the journals were discovered, I showed the first signs of change." She pulled her shirt down slightly, indicating a small diamond-shaped patch of crystal in the center of her neck, just below her collarbone. "We tried to hide it, but it just didn't work. She began homeschooling me, using the money we got from his life insurance policy. Since then, I've never really had the chance to make any friends, until Hawthorne..."

The tears continued to fall, and once again, she hugged her knees tightly, as a single sob wracked her body. As many times as she had played the scenario in her head, and re-read her journals from the days following the discovery, she'd never actually described the situation aloud. It was significantly more difficult than she'd thought it would be. Sitting up once more, she wiped the remaining tears from her eyes. "Ugh. Sorry about that, Gwen." She forced a smile, and a small laugh. "I honestly didn't know it would be that difficult to actually tell someone about all of that..."

@Kriyze (Sorry. Long post is long. T_T)

~Headmistress Kinya Weatherstone~

"Can.. You help?.."

Kinya narrowed her eyebrows and knelt down beside the boy as well.

"Geno. Geno. Stop biting your nails, it won't do any good. Come on."

The Headmistress turned to see a girl had joined them. What was her name? Kinya's memory was never very good, and it wasn't like she was surrounded by these students all the time. The woman was pretty unsure about what had just happened to Geno. Part of her wanted to say it was just some form of anxiety attack. She couldn't blame him, either. After all, the passed few hours hadn't exactly been sunshine, ice-cream and rainbows. . .yet another part of her felt like it might've been something more. Something she couldn't name.

"It'll be okay. Everything will be fine."

Glancing up, Kinya met the girl's eyes. She was obviously just as upset as Geno. The Headmistress let out a sigh, and stood up, saying, "I'll go see if Crysta is in any state to try to help him. You. . .um. . .you just stay with him, make sure he stays calm."

As Kinya turned around, she nearly crashed into another boy.

"Excuse me miss, Is there any chance I could Ms. Chime or not? I know it might be inappropriately timed and she may not be in the best of states at the moment, but if the possibility is there, please let me know. I just need to sit and...converse with myself for the next few minutes. Also, if not's any trouble, could you send someone to have a look at me? I don't I'm that bad but it would be good to have an opinion."

Kinya sighed, and then said, "I'm going to check on her right now if you want to come alone." 

~Lyra~

"You know, you may think it's a bad thing, but the fact that you are so stressed about this just means that you are perfect for doing things like this. You care for everyone and their safety a great deal, and thus feel bad when you can't help. I just treat everything like it's some sort of...objective to be reached, a big sheet with statistics instead of people, always trying to find the most efficient solution. If anything, you aren't pathetic, just human."

Lyra let out a small sigh, and then turned towards him fully. She put down the cloth that she'd just been using the clean up the girl's cuts, and then took his other hand. Biting her lip for a moment, and nodded and said, "I'll do it. But you have to stay with me and be my cheerleader, okay? If you have a foam finger or some pom-poms, go get them now."

She brought his hands up to her mouth and gently kissed each one before turning back towards the girl, who honestly looked like she was about to throw up. Lyra gently took the girl's hand, saying as calmly as she could, "Alright, I'm just going to give you a few stitches. It's not that bad, and it won't take long."

The girl immediately started to panic, and it was obvious that she was trying not to cry. This girl couldn't be more than fourteen years old. Lyra gave her hand a squeeze and she said gently, "No, no this is a good thing! Once you're all stitched up, you're good to go! No tears, okay? Don't worry, I know what I'm doing. I learned from the best. It'll sting a bit, but not much. . ."

"C-c-c-can you. . .you give me something to h-h-hold onto?" she girl squeaked as a few tears slipped from the outer corners of her eyes. Lyra wiped them away, and then turned back to glance at Mars. After giving him a small smile, she said to the girl, "Yes, Mars is going to hold your hand the whole time, okay? Everything's gonna be fine, I promise."

And thus began Lyra's very first surgery. For most normal people, your first surgery is when YOU are the one being operated on. . .but of course, Lyra wasn't a normal person.

The overall procedure only took about twenty minutes, not including the time Lyra took to disinfect the brand new stitch-work one last time before wrapping a bandage around her chest. Nothing had gone wrong, thank goodness. . .everything went exactly how Giovia said it should.

Damn, I'm glad I paid attention in class. . .

(Just to make things clear. Aleks was asking a question but did not walk away. I'll work with what happened though)

Aleks gave Elsa a nod and went in to visit Kahra.

"Hey, what's going on?" Aleks asked, giving a small smile. The closet was a bit small but he made due. "Are you getting worse?" He wanted to give her a hug but was unsure if that was a good thing, in case she was either contagious or particularly weak at the moment.

"I just wanted to check up on you. I was a bit worried about why they were moving you in here. There are so many casualties out here.."

Emma Farris

Once Emma was taken care of, she was already on her way, unaware of the wound on the back of her leg. When someone pointed it out to her, she groaned "Damn it..." it was dried up but she didnt even know it was there. Plus she couldnt wrap it with her one arm. She made her way down the hall and walked into one of the rooms and asked someone for bandages and some peroxide. Once that was given, she tried taking care of her own wound but that was not going so well for her.

@Akihito

Shinji was about to block Blake from the shards when Blake quickly put up a field just in time as the glass bounced off the purple transparent barrier. Throwing on some clothes, Shinji grabbed Blake by the hand and pulled him up once he got his own clothes on,"No time to chat, run!" Shinji said and tugged Blake behind him out the room and to the Main Halls to where everyone was. They were lucky enough to have got out in time as Shinji huffed and pulled Blake in a protective embrace,"Shit... what the hell is happening." Shinji mumbled looking around then at Blake,"Thanks for protecting us back there babe, sorry for making you run in such conditions." Shinji said rubbing Blake's hips gently not wanting to hurt him though it must have hurt like hell to run from the dormitory to here.

@magikarpfever

--------------------------------------

"I-i sor-" Befor Calista could explain why she didn't reply, she was suddenly pulled in a hug by Anthony, the feeling of his warm body close to her made all the chills fly out the window as she returned the hug and listened to Anthony who confessed all the things on his mind. The letters, messages, and the gifts, they were all from him and the way he called her a "treasure" made Calista's heart skip a beat. About to say something, Anthony soon fell to the ground, his legs unable to support his weight anymore and with one last breath of his, Anthony burst out his love, confessing the love he had for her that everyone around them heard it as Calista got on her knees and covered Anthony's mouth with her hands.

Her face was pure red and she was burning in embarrassment at the confession but it made Calista happy to know of this,"A-a-anthony... I-it's okay now... I-i-i u-undertsand s-so... s-stop shouting." Calista stuttered out before removing her hands away from his mouth. Staring into his eyes, Calista smiled, a true smile that only Anthony was able to see as she wrapped her arms around him,"Thank Anthony. I love you too." Calista whispered to him softly, her blush redden by her own confession. before she let him go and looked around for something to help him sit in.

@Holo

-YES! DONE now you guys can post while I go do some stuff~ =w=-

--------------------------------------------- Gwendolyn Friar ---------------------------------------------

"Well, I'm sorry to hear that. They're unfortunate people, your parents. They've no idea what they're missing out on." Gwen giggled. Not like they'd ever find out, or care, for that matter. "Ohhhhh, let's see. Where to begin..." Cylva took her time telling her about her family. Not that Gwen was one to judge, she went on for at least as long, if not longer. She looked at the crystal by her collarbone. "Can't you just get rid of that now?..."

Gwen listened to her story, but was confused by it. To her, it sounded as if Cylva's father was a pretty terrible man, conducting unsafe experiments on his daughter in secrecy, but Cylva seemed to be emotionally attached to the memories. "Ugh. Sorry about that, Gwen." Gwen instantly jumped and hugged her. "Don't be silly! What kind of friend am I if I can't listen to you?" "I honestly didn't know it would be that difficult to actually tell someone about all of that..." "I'm happy you did though, you know I'm always here for you!" Gwen was still kinda confused. If her father had conducted unsafe experiments on her, she definitely wouldn't remember him so fondly.

"... It's a rude question, but why do you have such fond memories of him? He.. He literally could've killed you?"

--------------------------------------------- Ambrogino Friar ---------------------------------------------

Something touched him. A hand? It felt familiar. Through the hazy awareness of his mind, he felt that it was Raph. He looked up and saw that it actually was. It scared him that he knew this before he saw her. Was it just a wild guess? Did his subconscious pick up on her? Or was something entirely different? Was something happening to him? "Geno. Geno. Stop biting your nails, it won't do any good. Come on." It brought his mind back to reality, and he started feeling the pain from biting too far in. He pulled his hand out of his mouth and looked at it. A little blood ran from his fingers. He had literally no idea he'd been biting his nails. He felt patronized for having to be told to stop doing such a thing, but at this time he didn't feel more powerful than a child anyway, and he warmly welcomed Raph's embrace.

"It'll be okay. Everything will be fine." He leaned against her. It was less of leaning, and more like falling though. It would've looked like he fainted, except for that his eyes were still scanning the room, opened wide. She was warm. It was a nice change from the cold that he felt inside. Kinya was crouched in front of him. His normal self shone through for a moment, and he realized he probably wasn't giving a good impression to the headmistress. She stood up and walked away before Geno could excuse himself, and mumbled something he couldn't hear.

He buried his face in the fabric of Raph's sleeve. Maybe he'd already have gone mad long ago if it wasn't for Raph. He loved her, and she needed to know it. "I love you Ca-" He stopped himself. Ca.. Calista? He didn't love her! Not anymore! What the hell? Suddenly thoughts and pictures of Calista flashed before his eyes. The pictures of Calista kept coming, and suddenly, they stopped, only to be replaced by Mars, which eventually stopped, only to be replaced by his father, then his mother, then his brothers, then everyone else who had ever had a bad part in his life. Tears ran from his eyes and coloured her sleeve black. "I mean Raph... I always mean Raph.. Don't leave.."

"Can't you just get rid of that now?..."

"Actually, for some reason, no." She looked down at the patch. "His journals were quite detailed. This was apparently the spot he tampered with the cells, initially. As much as I've tried, it won't go away."

"... It's a rude question, but why do you have such fond memories of him? He.. He literally could've killed you?"

Cylva shrugged. It was a valid question. "He was always my dad... He made some poor decisions. Decisions I've only recently been able to forgive. Maybe he could have killed me. Maybe I'm too optimistic, but I don't think he would have done it, if he'd had even the slightest idea that I'd be hurt, or even killed. But again, he was my dad." Again, she shrugged, this time, a sorrowful smile played at the edge of her lips, as she looked up to meet Gwen's gaze. "Who am I to judge him for the mistakes he made? He knows he did wrong. That much was clear from the journal entries following the incident. He made a mistake, and I hated him for it for a long time... but, now I see there's no reason to. What good does it do? It just upsets me more." Again, she looked up at Gwen, this time her eyes lit up, rather than darkened with sorrow. "His passion. Everything he did, he did the best he could. Again, mistakes aside, I've really never known anyone else so amazing... everything he did, he did for our family. And as silly as it sounds, I miss him like crazy. I was his little girl. His 'Dawwwling Cylvie.'", she laughed at her strange accent, a poorly executed mimicry of her father's nickname for her.

"Long story short, he was a great guy, who made a mistake. Dwelling on it does no good, but admiring him gives me passion, and hope for the future. That maybe some day I'll accomplish something as great as he could..." her eyes clouded over once more. "Oh, how I miss him... we did everything together, ya know... anyway. That's why. I know it doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but... I'm okay with that." Again, she shrugged, marveling at how useful the simple gesture was.

@Prizzy Kriyze

"I'll do it. But you have to stay with me and be my cheerleader, okay? If you have a foam finger or some pom-poms, go get them now."

Mars smiled lightly, nodding his head in accordance. "Okay, do your best. No luck or excess cheering required." As she pulled her hands away from his, he couldn't help but feel proud of her for even considering the idea. Too many people never wanted to do the tough things to get the job done in his opinion, and here she was about to give stitches to a still conscious girl. His pride told him that he was starting to rub off on her, though his mind believed that she would do anything to help someone even if it wasn't easy without his influence. That's the girl I fell in love with.

While Lyra calmed down the girl and told her about what was going to happen, Mars took the time to quickly scan the room to see if anyone would need help after he was done with this. Everybody seemed rather fine besides a few who seemed to be talking to their friends. He noticed that Geno seemed to not be handling things well, and had his face buried in his girlfriends sleeve. Guess he just isn't cut out for the real thing, is he? Wasn't unexpected. Turning his attention away from the seemingly broken Geno, he saw Cylva and Gwen who seemed to be talking about...things. He obviously couldn't tell from where he was, but it seemed like a good idea to visit them next. Lyra could use a little break once she finished with this person, and those two were pretty good friends with her, so it made sense.

"Yes, Mars is going to hold your hand the whole time, okay? Everything's gonna be fine, I promise."

"Huh?" Mars turned back to his girlfriend at the sound of her voice. It took him a moment to realize what she'd said but he eventually got it, grabbing the injured girls hand and saying, "That's right. Just focus on me and everything should be fine."

After a seemingly long time, probably because he wasn't doing anything, the procedure was done and the girl was all stitched up. He hadn't got to see how Lyra had done it, as he was too busy looking at the patients face and holding her hand to help her get through it. If he'd been taking peeks at the procedure, her gaze would've been drawn to the same area, which would have obviously been bad.

After examining Lyra's handiwork and being quite impressed, he embraced his girlfriend in a gentle hug and said, "You did very well, especially considering the circumstances." He pulled away and then joked, "I know who I'm going for if I ever get cut open and need stitches, though I'd probably not be 'going' anywhere if that happened." He laughed lightly, scratching the back of his head as he did so. That MAY have not been in the greatest of tastes. After clearing throat, he added, "So, anything else needed for this girl, or are you ready to take a break?"

@Akihito[/URL]
Isaak was helping a few people, bandaging them but he wasn't really given much responsibility. So when he finished his last classmate, he headed out. Isaak had planned to go find Lyra to see where she was. He knew she was alright but hadn't been able to talk to her directly. However as he was walking past, he noticed Emma, the girl Aleks had saved before. She seemed to be having trouble treating her own wound.

He glanced around.

"Hey. Anyone helping you." He asked her.

Emma Farris

Emma looked towards the voice and she shook her head "No..there's others that have worse wounds then I have." she said, trying to balance on one leg as she tried getting the wound on the back of her calf. "I didnt know I had this till someone pointed it out. Proves I cant feel much pain when im focused on everyone else, huh?" she laughed alittle and looked back at Isaak "Wait a minute." she said, reconizing who he was "You're that kid who had that bubble up before the storm stopped...Thank you." she smiled a bit.

"Without that bubble, we would have all been goners." it was true, everything was everywhere. Not to mention her eye was almost stabbed with a shard of glass and luckily she was able to use her power to stop it.

Isaak sighed. She was trying to be a hero, thinking about herself rather than anyone else. How idiotic. She'd probably die before anyone got to her. Especially if it got infected. He really didn't have time to help her...that was a lie. He had all the time in the world. Isaak looked around to see if anyone was nearby to help her. No one was. Except him. Figures. Who would've thought he would've spent his vacation time bandaging filthy people.

Stop it Isaak. Remember what your agent said. Calling people filthy is a bad habit. Isaak thought to himself, mentally kicking himself. He sighed again and crouched next to her.

"Look, I have some spare time. Where's the wound? I can fix it up for you. I know how to clean and bandage a wound fairly well." He said. "Just to let you know, I wouldn't be doing this normally but seeing as this whole show went down, I can afford to be caring. For a little while at least."

Emma Farris

Emma watched him, since he hadnt been saying anything for the past minute. When she went to speak, he spoke before she could "It's on my leg.." she said, showing him the long wound on her leg that went from the side, almost to the middle of her calf. The blood was dry but it needed to be treated "I'll keep a note on that." who wouldnt? "Thank you though..I appriciate it..With a arm I cant lift, Its super hard to keep balance and attend my wound and watch my arm at the same time"

~Rafaela~

"I'll go see if Crysta is in any state to try to help him. You. . .um. . .you just stay with him, make sure he stays calm."

Rafaela only nodded, murmuring a "thanks". She stayed there, holding Geno on her arms. She didn't really know what to do, so she closed her eyes and tried to remember her days back at the jungle. What was it that she did whenever a cub got lost? Oh right, she would caress them. And that's what she did. Raph let her fingers run through Geno's hair, slowly and gently.

"I love you Ca-"

That made Raph's fingers stop for a second. Calista. Geno's ex. She had heard about her. In normal circumstances, she would have confronted him about it. Did he still love her? Calista? Raph hoped not. But she couldn't really ask him right now, something was happening to him and a jealous girlfriend was the last thing that he needed at the moment. Suddenly, her sleeve got wet.

"I mean Raph... I always mean Raph.. Don't leave.."

Raph hold Geno closer to her, resuming her caressing on his hair. She placed a kiss on top of his head, whispering comforting words.

"It's okay. Don't worry, I'm not leaving. I'm here, I'm here. I will always be."

@Prizzy Kriyze

[QUOTE="Britt-21]

Emma Farris

Emma watched him, since he hadnt been saying anything for the past minute. When she went to speak, he spoke before she could "It's on my leg.." she said, showing him the long wound on her leg that went from the side, almost to the middle of her calf. The blood was dry but it needed to be treated "I'll keep a note on that." who wouldnt? "Thank you though..I appriciate it..With a arm I cant lift, Its super hard to keep balance and attend my wound and watch my arm at the same time"

[/QUOTE]
Isaak nodded. He examined the wound from where he was, crouching down to get a better look. Isaak glanced up and immediately turned red when he noticed he could almost see up Emma's skirt. He abruptly stood up and cleared his throat.

No time for your pervy wants Isaak. Control yourself. You are the heir to Heidrich Industries. You are more than some...pervert..

"Right...Lay on your stomach and I'll fix it up for you. You ow- I mean, you don't owe me. I'm...happy to help someone...so...unfilthy as yourself." Isaak replied with the most grace he could muster.

Emma Farris

Emma watched him and seen his face turn red, but she didnt know why. But he only stood and told her to lay down AND said that she didnt owe him plus..he called her unfilthy "Um...ok..." she was really awkward at this moment and she looked around "...I can only sit.." she said "Unless you want me laying on the filthy floor." she stated, wrapping her one arm around herself. Waiting for a reply

@Akihito

Last edited by a moderator:
"Thank Anthony. I love you too."

Anthony smiled like a cheshire cat at her whisper and his face turned bright red. "You just made my year, well actually this is the happiest moment of my life." He whispered back before climbing back into his wheelchair he slipped a hand into his pocket before placing it in her pocket his hand empty as it came back to him.

"My mother gave me a gift before she left and said that it would eventually end up in the hands of a girl I loved with all my heart." Anthony knew what he had just given her and how much emotional value it had in it. He trusted her with it as his father had trusted it to his mother. It was his family's symbol of never ending love and admiration.

1284709767366_hz-cnmyalibaba-web4_9688.jpg

He smiled at her again feeling and looking extremely happy before a shot of pain made him wince. He started to look for Giovia a look of pure pain on his face as he did so. "Hey Giovia can you fix my back or at least numb the hell out of it?" He asked when he'd found her his face was so pained it looked like he had a mouth full of cuts and decided to eat a lemon covered in ghost peppers.

@Deijii-Chan

@Queen Rai

~Lyra~

"You did very well, especially considering the circumstances. I know who I'm going for if I ever get cut open and need stitches, though I'd probably not be 'going' anywhere if that happened."

Lyra would've given Mars one of her infamous what-did-you-just-say looks, but she was too tired. His arms wrapped lovingly around her. Those strong, warm arms. . .Lyra had to fight to urge to fall asleep right there. Resting her head on his shoulder, she let of a small yawn.

"So, anything else needed for this girl, or are you ready to take a break?"

Lyra lifted her head off of her boyfriend's shoulder and glanced back at the now sleeping girl. Turning back towards him, the President said sleepily, "All she needs to do is sleep. . .I'm ready for a break. . ."

The girl slumped back into Mars's arms with another yawn, and mumbled, "But wherever we're going, you have to carry me."

"I'm going to check on her right now if you want to come alone."

Upon closer inspection and judging from the irritated tone from the Headmistress herself, the woman was not in the best of shape. Also considering that some of the students were on insanity's fringes, Luke was annoyed by the sight all the same. Some eating their nails frantically while loved ones try to comfort, others being quarantined for the sake of the many. Weakness was in abundance, er scuffling around ready to to strike at any time. But there was no doubt that one was going to step from the ruin that befell them all, speaking to them with reassuring words; your typical hero. One chosen by fate while that same fate merges that of everyone's else into the 'not as important' section as he. He considered himself an ordinary man among ordinary people, a person that never wanted to stand out in case of being shunned. Maybe that's he possesses such a gift, to watch in the dark while the others stand in the light. Let's hope, his mental murmurings began, That whoever made this whole debacle happen, might be interesting. He was alone in numbers, an individual among a group. There was nobody that would support but the shadow that follows him, the shadows that he will join.

Luke waited for the principal to collect herself before waiting for her trudge, taking the shard of glass that he had retrieved earlier in the day. He looked at his mask-obscured reflection, still the same bloody, ragged person he was when the storm began. The blood on the mask had dried, given the piece an eerie look. The Irishman didn't know why he hadn't taken it off, some insatiable urge to keep it on was the impetus that rounded his mind. There was a persistent thought in his mind that she would fall on the way over to wherever Crysta was being held. With her leg in such a bad condition, that consensus could be made from even the more blind person. He felt that it would be in his best interest to support her so that she wouldn't appear weak, considering if the Headmistress looks weak, it won't build confidence in the students. Strange, Luke didn't even consider himself a student; he felt like an outsider. Was it due to his calm demeanour that was otherwise absent among the other students? Did he just feel estranged? Well if there was nobody to talk to, there would always be somebody to talk to him whether the man himself liked it or not.

"Miss," he began, walking ahead of the prominent women, "If you ever feel like you're leg will lose it's strength, I'm here if you need me. The last thing the others will want is to see you in such a state."

@Queen Rai

@Haruhi Suzumiya

~Headmistress Kinya Weatherstone~

"Miss, if you ever feel like you're leg will lose it's strength, I'm here if you need me. The last thing the others will want is to see you in such a state."

Kinya paused, and then raised an eyebrow. This boy was sounding a lot like Xavier all of a sudden. She crossed her arms, and then looked the boy up and down before saying, "I may be injured, but I'm not crippled. I can walk on my own, thank you."

After a moment of silence, the Headmistress let out a long sigh. She continued walking towards the area where Liam was consoling Crysta, and said, "I appreciate it, but don't worry about me. It could be worse. My leg didn't get torn off, I don't even need a crutch. I consider myself lucky. And at least my wounds will heal. . .I don't know if Crysta will recover from this."

"I appreciate it, but don't worry about me. It could be worse. My leg didn't get torn off, I don't even need a crutch. I consider myself lucky. And at least my wounds will heal. . .I don't know if Crysta will recover from this."

Luke wasn't sure what to feel about that last sentence, whether he should feel in a mood to weep or a dirge to be sung. There were parts of him that saddened upon the uttering of that description of his professor, others that just didn't seem to care what state Ms. Chime found herself in at the moment. Negative energy apparently does all kinds of malicious, ungodly things to the Meditation and Focus teacher, the Irishman noticed the little winces she would take whenever she found herself in his presence. Subtle things like this made Luke realize that he would never fit in at the school, a thought he wanted to persist wasn't true but a thought that was gnawing at him. It's the little things that count eh? he thought to himself as he followed the headmistress along the way. However, there was a certain degree of irritation in her voice upon replying to his request, a thing he thought was fleeting. Nonetheless, that was her being the woman she is in his opinion, a woman that is strong where other's are not.

She might not recover eh? Well, when your power is based on the goodness of others, being around humans is a foolish mistakes, is the thought that reverberated around his mind for a few moment. He was far from being a misanthropist, but judging from the pain she must be in, he'll only make it worse. It might be only the slightest bit, but if he's hurting her that doesn't bode well for his conscience. Luke tended to think about these things quite vehemently, so much so that it will keep him up at night. But could he do? It's not as if he could Crysta's problems disappear at the flick of a finger now could he? Another feeling of powerlessness entered his heart, stirring a clenching of the fist. People can be so weak, he vilely thought, taking off his hat and placing it against his chest. Strange, that might have been something that a person would do at a funeral in honour to the deceased person.

"It's bad to think like that miss," he began, ruffling his hair a bit, "But is she is in such a state, we can only hope for the best."

@Queen Rai

"All she needs to do is sleep. . .I'm ready for a break. . .But wherever we're going, you have to carry me."

Mars let out an exaggerated sigh and teasingly said, "Couldn't I just drag you instead? I don't think I can carry that amount of weight." He laughed lightly before adding, "I'm only joking of course." From his talks with Maria, he learned that it was never a good idea to comment on a girls weight unless it was positive, so he made sure that Lyra knew he wasn't serious.

Mars looked down at his girlfriend who was slumped in his arms and smiled. "Okay, up we go." Placing one arm under her knees and his other supporting her upper half, he stood up and held her in a cradle position, using much effort to do so. Geez, maybe she does weigh a lot. That or I just need to work out more. Keeping Lyra suspended as he tried not to show his struggles, he quickly located Gwen and Cylva's location and trudged towards them with great haste, eager to relieve himself of the cargo in his arms.

Upon reaching the two girls, Mars had to fight the urge to just toss Lyra on the ground and be done with it. He bent down and gently placed her down before exhaling deeply, taking a seat and leaning against a wall. After a few moments of relief, he looked up at Gwen and Cylva and put on an exhausted smile before saying, "Hope you two don't mind," he paused as he took another deep breath and exhaled, "if we just hang around here and rest, do you?" He was almost certain that they would be fine with it, but he asked, or more so stated his intentions anyways.

@Prizzy Kriyze

@AshenLily

@Queen Rai

~Professor Giovia Eriwind~

"Hey Giovia can you fix my back or at least numb the hell out of it?"

Giovia looked up. She was still kneeling beside Geno, her face noticeably paler than usual. The dark circles under her eyes appeared darker in contrast with the whiteness of her skin. She put a hand on her head, and muttered, "Not right now, Anthony. I'm afraid I'm at my limit. . .I can't do anymore healing today or I'll. . .well, it's not important. Maybe Elsa can do something, though. . .go ask her, alright?"

Giovia let out a long yawn, and then looked at Geno again. She placed a hand on his forehead, and muttered, "No fever, which is good. Once Kinya gets back, with or without Crysta, he needs to get some sleep. There are some empty cots over there. . .Geno, sweetheart, can you stand? Do you want something to eat? Water?"

(@Prizzy Kriyze , @GreatWest , @Holo

~Kahra~

Kahra's eyes fluttered open as she heard someone enter the room. She only turned her head slightly towards the door, but even such a small move was exhausting. When she saw Aleksander, her face lit up considerably.

"Hey, what's going on? Are you getting worse?"

The girl let out a light sigh, and then gave Aleksander her bravest smile before saying weakly, "Eh, they think my cold isn't a cold anymore. They don't want me to get the other kids sick. . .so now I'm basically in isolation. I don't really mind. . .I'd hate being the reason of anyone feeling this awful--"

Just then, the girl broke off to go into another fit of dry, painful sounding coughs. After a moment, she settled down. Putting a hand to her chest, she realized that something was wrong. . .very wrong.

THE NECKLACE!

The gorgeous snowflake charm and its matching silver chain were both missing, and of course, this threw Kahra into a full on anxiety attack. She'd really loved that necklace. . .it was the very first gift that Aleksander had given to her. So much thought had been put into it. . .and she lost it. What kind of excuse for a girlfriend was she. She girl tried to sit up, but it only resulted in her collapsing back down onto the cot. She shook her head as tears began to well up, squeaking, "Aleks! T-the necklace! I-I am sorry! I. . .I. . ."

And as was her way, she burst into tears.

"Hey, hey! Don't cry. Come on. Give me a smile." Aleks said, smiling brightly at her. "It was a beautiful thing but compared to you? It's nothing. It doesn't matter if it's lost. I'd rather have you alive rather than have the necklace safe and sound. Dry your tears Kahra. I'd give you a hug but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to!"

He blew Kahra a kiss and held her hand, reminding himself to wash his hands afterwards. Aleks stared at her lovingly although it was plain to see this catastrophe was seriously bothering him. Aleks gave a smile and squeeze Kahra's hand.

"Listen, I have to go back and help the others. Please make sure to tell Elsa to come get me if anything changes. Alright?" @Britt\-21 ;w;)

~Kahra~

"Hey, hey! Don't cry. Come on. Give me a smile."

Kahra glanced up at him, but of course she didn't stop crying. She tried, but she was sick, weak, hungry. . .and now she'd lost the one material possession that actually had some sentimental significance to her (besides her stuffed bunny, George). She was just a wreck. . .not to mention that on top of whatever flu-like virus she had, her stomach was starting to hurt.

"It was a beautiful thing but compared to you? It's nothing. It doesn't matter if it's lost. I'd rather have you alive rather than have the necklace safe and sound. Dry your tears Kahra. I'd give you a hug but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to!"

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to. . .

Of course, that didn't really help Kahra feel better at all. Of course, she didn't want to get Aleksander sick, but him saying that didn't help things in the slightest.

"Listen, I have to go back and help the others. Please make sure to tell Elsa to come get me if anything changes. Alright?"

Kahra found the strength to turn over on her cot, back facing Aleksander. She didn't say anything. She considered mumbling something dramatic. . .along the lines of, "Just leave me here to die. . ."

But she didn't. She didn't say anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back