• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Hawthorne Academy

Emma Farris

Emma Noticed the sky had been turning a different color and she quickly rushed inside, shutting and locking the dorm door behind her as she ran in the hallway to her room. A earkilling scream being heard in her ears, making her cover them and wince before it stopped, causing her to look towards the window that was at the end of the all, watching as it busted and shards of glass came hurling towards her, causing Emma to lift her hand and keep the shards from going any farther. Luckily, the shards did not get into her eyes because they were right there, ready to pierce her eyes and blind her for good.

Swipping her hand to the side, the shards moved with her and heard furniture being smacked around and more glass shattering This is not some normal storm... She hoped her friends and her partner (Class partner) were okay. But she did hear screams from some rooms "C-Crap..." she opened a door, only to be in a janitors closet and she groaned, trying to push the door open but the wind was keeping that from happening. What was emma going to do now?

(I hope this is ok)

~Lyra~

"Are you okay?"

Lyra was unable to see much, as the only light was what managed to seep through the thin cracks above them. She gently rolled back of her ankles, and then bent her knees. No pain. She proceeded to sit up, shrugging her shoulders and rolling her neck. . .she still felt fine. When she rolled her wrists, she flinched. Her hand actually hurt pretty badly. . .probably from how forcefully she'd slammed her fist into the floor. She sighed, and then mumbled, "I think I bruised up my hand a bit, but other than that I feel fine. . ."

"That was some fast thinking there, probably saved us from being crushed by a desk. Don't think I would've thought of that."

Lyra smiled, just barely being able to see the silhouette of the boy laying beside her. She shook her head, and said, "I had to protect you. Besides, if it weren't for you getting me to the floor. . .well, I'd probably be dead. Thank you."

She bit her lip, and then leaned down. Her lips gently brushed against Mars's forehead, and she muttered, "What about everyone else? What if this storm lasts a while? Mars, what about Gwen and Cylva? They were outside waiting for us. If it was that bad inside. . .God, I hate to think about how bad it is out there."

She sat up again, hugging her knees to her chest.

"What's going on, Mars?" she said, her voice cracking.

"My my," he began, taking in the carnage as a head looked around incessantly, "Things have been better here eh? My word this place has been absolutely decimated, good things my power allows me to avoid such things. Whoever spawned this storm really had my best interests at heart didn't he? Nonetheless, I wonder where my peers actually have went to. Most of them probably had taken cover in the rooms, lying on the ground more then likely. Let's see if I can help them out at all..."

Luke felt strangely...ecstatic through this whole ordeal, a feeling he didn't like but an emotion that persisted inside his head. Such a feeling of utter helplessness pervaded through the air made his skin tingle, the hair on his flesh stand up in excitement. Why I am feeling like this? he thought, not letting the sensation get the better of him, It feels strange but feels...natural. Was it due to simple jealousy that he felt like this? That was the most adequate explanation in his eyes months of looking at the others abilities flourish while his was confined to the night was the most logical explanation. But it ate at him all the same; did he innately like...this chaos? Did it appeal to him? Was it normal for him to appreciate that things were in such a manner. Luke was never one for having a bad-outlook on life, he hoped that his was that of a righteous if stammered by evil voices inside his head.

His search continued for one of his peers, not a single man, woman or child in sight. The Irishman knew better that there was no children at Hawthorne but he felt that some humour was needed to make things seem a little better. Far from a gloomy person, he felt that the situation which was best was the one where people hoped for the best. Optimism is always a good thing in his book, if you're realistic as some people were well he wouldn't necessarily be a fan of that particular attribute. The school was devastated in every sense of the word; smashed windows, furniture tossed around like some child having a temper tantrum. His heart saddened for a moment, seeing as his some of his best moments were within these halls, talking with all his classmates about all manners of silliness. But as he was, nothing but hope that everyone was alright, in good hands and most importantly...alive. If there was a death, this place would never be the same. As the hat flapped around on the top of his head, a reaffirming hand was placed on top to make sure that it didn't blow off within the wind. It wouldn't exactly look appreciative of my parents if I lost it now would it? he chuckled to himself as he ascended from the shadow, like a being rising from the abyss stood there like one of the worst.

"Now, where to go now...?" he murmured to himself as the wind forced him against the wall. A large laceration along his palm was pumping a crimson liquid, not pumping it vehemently but spewing none the same. He wiped along his mask in attempt to rid himself of it, no doubt making him seem more then unapproachable. If somebody gazed at him the wrong way, he could compare himself to this building; desolate, battered and dead.

"...Maybe my partner..might...be around," he muttered, trudging along the ground through the halls, slowly but surely getting back to his feet, "Hopefully...they won't kill me at..first glance..."

(@Kriyze)

(@AshenLily)

(I hope you won't mind if I do!)

"What about everyone else? What if this storm lasts a while? Mars, what about Gwen and Cylva? They were outside waiting for us. If it was that bad inside. . .God, I hate to think about how bad it is out there. What's going on, Mars?"

Mars could barely see her hugging her knees, and briefly thought about lighting a flame but quickly reconsidered when he realized that they may be down there for a while and though they had a source of oxygen, it was very small. He slinked over to where Lyra was huddled and wrapped his arms around her, placing his forehead against hers. At the moment he honestly didn't care about anyone else's safety. As long as him and Lyra made it out okay he was fine. Even if he did care, he doubted that Gwen and Cylva would have even survived judging by the fact that Lyra and himself almost died and they were on the inside. It was better just to ignore that topic, as saying his thoughts would only make her more distraught. Gently stroking the back of her hair, he spoke, "Don't worry, everything is going to be fine. They're resourceful. I'm sure they thought of something to stay safe." Doesn't mean they were able to act out on it.

He pushed his head away from Lyra's slightly, bringing it back in so he could place a soft kiss on her lips. Pulling away, he was shaking mildly, but quickly stopped, hoping Lyra didn't notice. He was honestly scared that they may not make it out of whatever this was alive, that the tunnel they were in would suddenly collapse and crush them. He wasn't used to situations where he couldn't do anything but wait. Either way, he wasn't going to let her know that, as there was enough worrying going on. Trying his best to keep his shaking under control, he spoke. "We aren't going to die today, not if I can help it. It's going to take a lot more than a natural disaster stronger than anything that's ever occurred before to tear us apart. I'm not dying as long as you're alive, and you'd better not die on me either, okay? This storm will blow over in a few moments and it will seem like nothing's happened." At this point he didn't know if he was talking to himself or Lyra, and couldn't help but notice that he was being a lot less blunt than normal. Maybe that is what being trapped and not being able to do anything did to him.

~Lyra~

"We aren't going to die today, not if I can help it. It's going to take a lot more than a natural disaster stronger than anything that's ever occurred before to tear us apart. I'm not dying as long as you're alive, and you'd better not die on me either, okay? This storm will blow over in a few moments and it will seem like nothing's happened."

Lyra sighed, and muttered, "This is no natural disaster. . .and please, I'm too stubborn to die."

It was true.

Lyra leaned forward returning the kiss he'd given her just a moment earlier. Hey, if they were stuck together underground, they might as well do something that would ease both of their nerves. She gently touched his face, doing her best to ignore the bits of loose soil that tumbled down the earthen elevator shaft as the ground rumbled. Lyra leaned in again, this time with an even deeper kiss. A tear rolled down her cheek, and she just hoped that she could just. . .wake up from this awful nightmare.

Only it wasn't.

After she broke the kiss, she quickly wiped away her tears, squeaking, "Now, Mars. Everything's going to be fine! I'll protect you, alright? So don't you cry or be scared. T-take comfort in the fact that you have such an incredibly brave girlfriend who will keep you safe no matter what! Just. . .don't cry. . .d-don't cry. . .whatever you do. . .don't. . ."

She buried her face in Mars's shoulders, her shoulders involuntarily hunching with every sob.

(Attention!

This "storm" will be ending soon! Anything you wanna do, do it now!)

Cylva maintained the crystal barrier, breaking off the majority of the wind from her and Gwen's position in the room. She sat for what seemed like ages, making sure to keep the crystal wall constantly in her thoughts. Though the crystal she was able to summon was not difficult to maintain, it required constant thought, otherwise it would wither, as she had seen previously. She'd learned in her time at Hawthorne that if her thoughts strayed too far, the crystal simply ceased to exist.

As she sat beside Gwen, her despair began to grow. They hadn't seen anyone since they'd made it inside, and only heard the occasional scream from outside, or deeper within the building. The thought sent chills up Cylva's spine. That being said, all the two of them could do, is wait. She sighed, burying her face in her hands. What is going on? Why? Where are the others? Is everyone okay? What about the professors? Cylva tried to keep her thoughts calm, but the confusion about the situation, coupled with the overwhelming power of the storm, and the darkness of the skies outside, made it difficult to escape the clutches of Despair.

Raising her head, she looked around once more, and was startled to see a boy walking down the hall toward them. She wasn't sure, but it appeared to be a boy she was familiar with, in passing. "H-hey!" she yelled, over the roar of the storm. Though she was unsure as to whether or not her voice would reach the boy, she was worried. It was a really bad situation to be in, obviously. She, herself, remembered her own difficulty keeping her balance, even when covered head to toe in the heavy crystal she now wore. Dammit, what is his name? Luke? Hmm... No... It definitely starts with an L, though... Larry? Hmm. Nope. L- L- L- Lars? Lars! That's it, right? Has to be. "Lars, over here!" She waved her arms frantically, and squealed in horror as the wall of crystal next to her began to whither, no longer receiving the mental nourishment it required to thrive. She quickly turned her attention back to the wall, rebuilding it almost instantly, and raised her hand again, hoping the boy would see her.

@Larry

~Rafaela~

Everything was great, perfect even. She was ready to get up with Geno and go to her dorm when everything started to shake. Earthquake was the first word that passed through her mind, but then she heard screams of the students, and animals. Chaos, everything was a chaos. Glass flew everywhere. And she was sure if it weren't for Geno, they would be probably laying down on the floor bleeding to death. She heard animals calling for her, but there was nothing she could do. They were terrified, as was she.

"Are you alright?"

Raph turned her widened eyes towards Geno, she was terrified. Something like this never happened to her. And there was nothing she could do. "Y-yeah. I am." She replied between gasps. "A-are you? You're not hurt, right? Você tá ferido? Por favor, me diga que não!" The brunette didn't realize that she had switched up to Portuguese, she did that often when she was surprised, angry, or terrified. Her hands grabbed Geno's face, examining it to see if there was a scratch or something worse. Her hands were shaking. Everything was so perfect, why the hell did this had to happen? Why?

@Kriyze

(Você tá ferido? Por favor, me diga que não! - Are you hurt? Please, tell me you're not!)

[QUOTE="Rai-Chan]

~Kahra~

Kahra, too afraid to close her eyes, stared in horror as the T.V came hurling at her. . .and then suddenly, as the screen was about to impact with the girl's head, she saw a figure leap in front of her, and with a brilliant flash of light, the T.V flew away from her. Aleks! Kahra felt his arm wrap around her waist as he pulled her closer, yelling for her to not look. The girl immediately squeezed her eyes shut, clinging onto the boy with all of her strength (which wasn't very impressive).

"Just stay down! I don't know what's going on but I'll keep you s-"

As the sound of wood snapping and breaking a part filled her ears, Kahra couldn't help but look up. She let out a gasp as she was suddenly thrown in front of Aleksander, and she let out a terrified cry as her eye caught the splintering shards flying towards them. She squeezed her eyes shut once again, and suddenly, the whipping of wind that had filled her ears only a moment ago had become absolute. . .quiet. Of course, Kahra jumped as the T.V crashed to the ground. Was it. . .over?

"Hello there. This is quite something isn't it. You're welcome by the way."

As the girl looked around, she could still see things blowing around them. Kahra looked up at the boy who had spoken. If she remembered correctly, his name was Isaak. The two didn't really know eachother, as she'd only spent one class period with him before she transferred. . .but she did know his name and that he could manipulate wind - he was creating some sort of field!

"I. . .I. . ." she squeaked. Her breath caught, and she was trying so desperately not to cry, but of course her attempts proved useless. She burst into big, bubbly tears and buried her face in her hands.

[/QUOTE]
Aleksander hugged Kahra fiercely, murmuring wordless comforts. He stared around him as the unknown storm raged around him. Aleks quickly checked Kahra's wounds which were minor than also checked his. He had some minor punctures from the glass and cuts but other than that, he was fine. Aleks hugged Kahra harder, kissing her head. He glanced at Isaak and nodded to him.

"Thank you my friend. I owe you my life. I am yours until the debt is paid." He vowed, holding his hand out to seal it in a handshake.

Isaak only nodded, looking a bit uncomfortable. He shook Aleks' hand but continued to hold the bubble. He was wondering if Lyra was alright. For a moment he had a strong sense of panic in his heart but he dismissed it quickly and replaced with a minor concern.

"Lets go. We need to find the others." Isaak said.

~Kahra~

Kahra sniffled, trying to get her tears under control. She had to be brave. It was one thing that she was practically defenseless without Aleksander, but crying just made her seem pathetic. The girl sniffled at Aleksander looked her over, obviously checking for any injuries. The only thing wrong with her was the shallow gash across her cheek. The girl, finally managing to stop the flow of her tears, returned Aleksander's embrace, her breath still catching every now and then.

"Thank you my friend. I owe you my life. I am yours until the debt is paid."

Kahra glanced up at Aleksander, and then at the boy he'd addressed. Great. Not only had she been rescued by Aleks, but by Isaak as well. That, of course, just made her feel even weaker.

"Me too!" Kahra chimed in. "I'm eternally grateful!"

As the boys shook hands, Kahra wriggled out of Aleksander's arms, slightly shocked at what came next.

"Lets go. We need to find the others."

"Find the others? Are you crazy? It's too dangerous to go anywhere right now. Sure, we may find them, but will we live to tell the tale?" Kahra said, shakily pulling out another tissue from her pocket and wiping her nose. And of course, she went into another fit of coughs. What a great day she was having.

Calista stood there for a second watching Tekis just sitting there in the snow and explaining how he was immune to the cold weather along with his mixed emotions inside him that he even opened up to Calista telling her his past that sounded so sad to the point where Calista wanted to give him a hug but she couldn't bring herself to since it would be weird to give a shirtless guy a hug. It feeling were mostly on the line of anger, depression and guilt, Calista jumping a few feet away from Tekis when he suddenly burst out in anger that made Calista heart race, her face pale from how scary Tekis was being than before but he return back to normal, apologizing for his strange outburst.

Getting a better look at Tekis, Calista could have swore she saw tears in his eyes but she couldn't see but then she noticed something sparkly fall from his chin to the snow leaving a small wet spot on the snow but he quickly dismissed it, placing his foot over the spot making Calista wonder why he was hiding it when it was pretty oblivious with the sun. Raising her hand up, she placed it on Tekis' cheek and wiped away the tears with her sleeve and for the first time after the many months with her partner, she was able to look him in the eye without glancing away.

Smiling up to Tekis, she wrapped her arm around his neck though she was pretty short so she was on her tippy toes to hug him but then the wind came and WHAM! They were holding on to some tree for their dear life!

------------------------

Shinji confused!

Anthony felt many things after his unwanted attempt at flying. For one he felt that his arms would be bruised until next week but were not broken. He felt his ribs were also bruised but not broken but that's where the feeling stopped.

"Ouch well note to self only fly with planes not.... Wait where are my legs?" Anthony said trying to wiggle his toes but of course he only managed to flare up back pain. He looked over his shoulder and sure enough there was a piece of wood in his lower back that broke spine.

"Fan-f*cking-tastic." Anthony muttered before lying face down and deciding to wait for somebody to find him. Crawling through a storm isn't the smartest thing on earth.

Emma Farris

Emma was still trying to open the door, but it was like it was sealed shut! She kept hitting it with her shoulder, only for her to hurt herself and slide down the door and wince in pain "D-Damn that hurt..." she said, and all of a sudden, she heard furniture in the hall. Was the storm that strong?! It had to be because the furniture blocked her way of getting out now "...." she was now forever stuck untill someone found her

[QUOTE="Rai-Chan]

~Kahra~

Kahra sniffled, trying to get her tears under control. She had to be brave. It was one thing that she was practically defenseless without Aleksander, but crying just made her seem pathetic. The girl sniffled at Aleksander looked her over, obviously checking for any injuries. The only thing wrong with her was the shallow gash across her cheek. The girl, finally managing to stop the flow of her tears, returned Aleksander's embrace, her breath still catching every now and then.

"Thank you my friend. I owe you my life. I am yours until the debt is paid."

Kahra glanced up at Aleksander, and then at the boy he'd addressed. Great. Not only had she been rescued by Aleks, but by Isaak as well. That, of course, just made her feel even weaker.

"Me too!" Kahra chimed in. "I'm eternally grateful!"

As the boys shook hands, Kahra wriggled out of Aleksander's arms, slightly shocked at what came next.

"Lets go. We need to find the others."

"Find the others? Are you crazy? It's too dangerous to go anywhere right now. Sure, we may find them, but will we live to tell the tale?" Kahra said, shakily pulling out another tissue from her pocket and wiping her nose. And of course, she went into another fit of coughs. What a great day she was having.

[/QUOTE]
Isaak considered that for a moment.

"I think we could venture out but not for too long. The bright side is, I'm barely using my energy for this bubble. The wind is so strong it can protect us. All I'm doing is alternating the flow. The bad side is that it's very dangerous and even though I'm not using energy directly, it's still straining me." He didn't seem to worried about it but he did have an uneasy expression. "I hope Lyra is alright.. not that I'm super concerned..but she is my sister...step sister..."

He turned away, brooding. Aleks on the other hand was looking around. He couldn't see anyone else at the moment but then he noticed a door that had been fortunate to not be torn off by the wind yet it was being bumped constantly. From the inside.

"I think someone is in there!" Aleks exclaimed. "Can you make a pathway to that door Isaak?"

Isaak looked toward the door. "It's hard enough for this bubble. I can give you about ten seconds but then you have to be back here or you'll be blown away or smashed to pieces. Take your pick."

Aleks nodded. He gave Kahra a kiss and then ran toward the door. Isaak quickly made a tunnel-ish for Aleks. Aleks, even though he was in the tunnel, could hear the force of the storm outside. It was terrifying. He reached the door and banged on it.

"Hello!? Is anyone in there?" He shouted over the roar of the storm. Aleks thought he heard someone faintly reply. Without knowing if that true or not, he summoned his shield and slammed into the door. It didn't break. He did it again. And again. With a yell he smashed through door. He quickly spied a girl huddled in the room. Emma. That's her name. How many seconds do I have left. Aleks already lost count. Without warning her, he grabbed her and charged out of the room with seconds to spare, making it back to the bubble.

"Are you alright?" Aleks asked, panting. @Britt\-21

Emma Farris

Emma was surprised when there was someone at the door, and who actually managed to move the furniture! She yelled back as loud as she could "Yeah!" she said, only to hear the door being hit. Quickly, she moved to the side and watched as the door busted and Aleks reveal himself. But before she could say anything, he grabbed her and dragged her out, causing her to move with him before landing in a bubble with him and feeling fine as if there was no storm.

She looked at the boy who had the bubble going and she nodded with a warm smile before looking at Aleks "Y-Yeah, i'm fine. Just hurt my shoulder from trying to break open the door myself." she smiled nervously and rubbed her shoulder a bit "But i'll live so dont worry about it. Do any of you guys know whats going on?"

~Kahra~

Kahra watched in horror as Aleks broke down the door. It had all happened so fast, that she couldn't even try to stop him. The next thing she knew, he had pulled another girl into the bubble and was making sure she was alright. Kahra's felt like her heart was just going to burst through her chest, but of course it didn't. That was really when Kahra started to look unwell. On top of the cold she'd already had, her face was practically bone white, she was shaking tremendously (partly due to the cold air blasting in through the windows, partly due to fear), and her eyes were bloodshot from crying.

"Y-Yeah, i'm fine. Just hurt my shoulder from trying to break open the door myself."

Kahra looked up, puzzled by how far away the girl sounded. She reached out, and mumbled, "I can. . .fix that I just need my. . .first aid ki--"

"But i'll live so dont worry about it. Do any of you guys know whats going on?"

THUD. The last thing Kahra felt was her body tipping over.

((Mostly doing this cause I don't wanna deal with Kahra until the storm ends
xD )) 

~Professor Xavier Caige/Professor Giovia Eriwind~

Xavier and Giovia noticed Sam at the exact same moment, and they both reacted the exact same way. They pushed away from eachother and awkwardly tried to come up with excuses, but there was an incredible crash. Both professors turned to see the door that leading outside was now unhinged and flying right at them. Giovia immediately tackles Sam to the floor and yelled, "XAVIER!"

But the combat professor was already a step ahead of Giovia. He let out a wave of flames from his right hand, burning the door to a crisp before it could touch him. The ashes rained down on Giovia and Sam, but that was the least of their worries. Without that door, the wind was free to blow through the hallways.

"GET UP!" he yelled over the noise. "WE HAVE TO ROUND THE CORNER OR THIS DAMN WIND WITH CRUSH US!"

Giovia jumped up as Xavier pulled up the boy and ordered everyone to run.

The Irishman's outfit was nicked in several places by the shattered remains of glass, like shrapnel darting through the air towards him. Blood seeped through the blue shirt, an odd mixture of eternally opposite colours. The fact that it would come off eased his heart. A lovely day ruined, a trip home to Ireland was on the cards. A chance thwarted by the emergence of Hell on Earth. Although the eschatological end of days would be far more of a calamity then this, it was the only thing that could compare, even if it was an insulting comparison. This type of weather was unheard of in Ireland; the worst you would get is torrential rain, a bit of thunder and lightning but gale force winds were a rarity. All the cuts, the scrapes, that didn't bother him. What did was the fact that he couldn't use his powers as much as he thought he could. A feeling of ecstasy was the only thing he could feel at the first sight of darkness, soon it turned to utter, unbridled anger. But what did he expect to feel? To feel happy at the situation his peers had found themselves, was he invigorated by their weakness. Luke felt sick but he refused to let it show, now was not a time to be weak.

Along the hallway he trudged, drops of crimson falling to the ground as if were a trail left for survivors to follow. He was going to survive this, death wasn't to get a grip of his life so soon. I'm not that weak, he thought to himself as a reaffirming hand was placed along the surface of the wall to support him. How he wasn't knocked to the ground by a stray piece of flying furniture was a question that was best left unanswered, a silent prayer in the direction of the sky was made just in case. Luke dropped to the ground not for the first time, taking in a few breaths. Using his power too much tended to make him lethargic not that he wasn't already but it only served to make that fatigue worse. Other aversive effects would be sporadic nosebleeds, bloodshot eyes. By the time it you've finished staring at him for that brief second you'd want to bolt as fast as your little legs could. The mask didn't help but it had been neglected for a long time.

Noticing a piece of glass lying strewn along the ground, he dropped himself to the floor to get a better look at himself before continuing. Not that he was one for looks, but it would be handy to have a mirror for peaking around corners and such. He was looking far from happy, friendly, or good for that matter.

Placing the shard inside his pocket, he walked on.

"Indeed, it has been a long time since I wore you," he muttered to himself, slowly but surely coming to the end of corridor, "Now...let's see if any of the others are still living...let's hope they don't attack me on sight..."

After hearing his name announced rather out of the blue, Luke noticed the crystal encampment in the room up ahead. Gwen was there along with Cylva, a girl he was friendly enough with. He walked on towards them, hoping to find a bit of shelter with them although sluggish in his movement.

(@Kriyze)

Is he going to make it? Not surprisingly, the boy appeared to be having a very difficult time making it to Cylva and Gwen. Cylva remembered the crushing force of the wind she had experienced, herself, before she'd taken on her crystalline form. She quickly turned to Gwen, "I'm going to go help him. Stay right here, where it's safe." Safe was definitely a relative term, as the two of them still had to dodge the occasional piece of flying furniture that managed to work its way over to their location. However, their current position was definitely safer than the boy's. Being careful to keep her thoughts on the wall of crystal protecting Gwen, Cylva rushed out into the wind. Having forgotten just how powerful the wind was, she was surprised to be knocked off balance as she left the safety of the crystal barrier, nearly falling to the ground. Only just able to recover, she reminded herself to be more careful, and approached the boy slowly.

"Here!" She reached out her arm, grabbing him around the side, and turned to return to Gwen, all the while keeping a sliver of her thoughts back on the crystalline barrier. Practically picking the boy up, she sprinted back to the safety of the crystal, placing him on the ground, and slumping over with exhaustion.

Though she was better off than many of the people at Hawthorne, in regards to the storm, it was still difficult to move through the storm. She said a silent thank you to no one in particular for being fortunate to have such a power in this situation. From her position on the ground, she looked back up to the boy. "A-are you a-alright?" Out of breath as she was, asking the question was far from being easy. "W-what the hell-- what the hell were you doing out there?" The question was more than appropriate. Most people, in such a storm, would have tried to seek out a position from which they could weather the storm, rather than walking through it, like the boy had been doing.

@Larry

@DeijiiChan

They were holding on to some tree for their dear life!

Tekis was confused. What is this? When did this tree sprout out of nowhere? As he tried to regain his thoughts, Tekis realized that Calista was holding onto him for her life. He looked down; shocked at the height. "How the hell did we get here?!" Does not matter, this is a great opportunity to test my power. Tekis closed his eyes. All sounds around him simmered down. All he could hear was his heart beat. Focus! I must get us down from this tree! As he went inside his inner mind; Black smoke started to emit from his scars. He located the place he will blink to. All right, one, two, THREE!!. Tekis successfully blinked down from the tree and back to the ground.

What was this? A random massive tree sprouted beneath our feet? Odd, odd indeed. As he stopped assessing what just happened, Tekis realized that Calista was still holding on his neck. He did not realize until now. What is this? Are people this warm? Then why am I as cold as ice? Can't be the training, can it? I can't be cold."Calista, we are safe, I got us down". Tekis picked Calista up and placed her gently on the ground, then smiled at her. "Nothing to worry about". "Thank you, for unlocking my emotions... However, the scars are permanent; physically AND mentally" Tekis looked Calista straigth in the eyes. "I am going to Southern Lithuania this winter break, to... Take care of things" he clenched his fists, as the mere thought of the bandit guild made him mad. "If you want, you can embark on my

journey to Southern Lithuania" Tekis smiled. "The sights are breath taking and I have a cottage with a Jacuzzi and everything!" Tekis pulled out a plane ticket out of his back pocket and gave it to Calista. "If you want, you can just burn it, you don't have to come".

The wind was seemingly picking up speed, and the only thing that could be heard was its screaming mixed with the terrified, pain-filled ones of the students and staff. Speckles of black were falling out of the sky, revealing a pinpoint of blue sky every time one dropped. The strange, black liquid dripped into whatever snow remained on the ground, and then dissolved completely. . .but it wasn't like anyone noticed this until the droplets grew steadier, and it was practically raining black. The sky grew clearer and clearer, and what was assumed to be sunlight started to show through. The earth had stopped shaking in the midst of this, and the wind steadily grew calmer until it was nothing but a light breeze. The objects it had picked up were hurled back to the ground, and as quickly as this storm started. . .

It was over.

~Headmistress Kinya Weatherstone~

A few students and staff members bravely emerged from wherever they had taken cover to make sure it was safe. Kinya had limped out of the main hall, which was probably the only building that suffered minimal damage. Her gas mask was still in tact, thank goodness. . .but there was a large shard of glass protruding from her bleeding leg. She also held her arm, as if something had happened to it as well. She grit her teeth, and then looked around to evaluate the damage. She looked around, seeing that most of the students who'd wandered outside weren't severely injured. . .Kinya hated to think about the students who weren't able to find a safe place to hide. She's made the mistake of going down into the main hall, where there were hundreds of chairs being blown around. Not to mention the giant windows that had crashed open, sending a jagged shard into the woman's leg. She looked around helplessly at the scene before her, and then a terrifying thought crossed her mind.

What if Kahra didn't find a place to keep herself safe?

The girl was rather helpless, and even though the two sisters hadn't spoken more then four words to eachother since Kahra had arrived to the school, Kinya watched over her. Kahra had been sick. . .what if she was sleeping when the storm started? What if she woke up to see herself drawing closer and closer to the ground before--

Kinya shook her head, refusing to jump to conclusions. There was a good chance that Kahra had survived. . .she was a smart girl. She would have figured something out, right? Kinya narrowed her eyes, and then called, "Well, don't just stand there! Check the dorms! Check the classrooms! People could be hurt!"

"Now, Mars. Everything's going to be fine! I'll protect you, alright? So don't you cry or be scared. T-take comfort in the fact that you have such an incredibly brave girlfriend who will keep you safe no matter what! Just. . .don't cry. . .d-don't cry. . .whatever you do. . .don't. . ."

Mars gently patted Lyra's back as he cradled her head against his shoulder. "It's okay, it's okay. You don't need to be brave by yourself. We protect each other. As I said before, as long as the two of us are together you have nothing to worry about. Right now, just let it out. No point holding in the tears." He stared straight ahead over Lyra's bobbing shoulders blankly, watching as pieces of the earth crumbled downwards, along with his hopes of making it out of the tunnel. At this rate, even riding their makeshift elevator back up would be dangerous as long as the ground shook. All that training and research he'd done was useless, and all he could do was let fate decide how things played out. It was an infuriating thought, one that made him tense up subconsciously. He had no way of protecting anyone from the storm above, and below he couldn't do anything either. Things may have been different if he could fight the storm in combat or deduce a way to stop it, but that obviously wasn't the case, and he was left as useless as rat.

Closing his eyes briefly, he lifted Lyra's head off of his shoulder and gave her a very apologetic smile. "I'm sorry I couldn't do more. I'm supposed to be strong and yet I can't do anything." He wiped the tears from her eyes before leaning in to give her a long, deep kiss. He closed his eyes and waited for everything to end, whether that be the constant rumbling of the earth around them or his life.

A few moments later, everything seemed to stop. There was no shaking, and he couldn't hear the dropping of soil from the walls as frequently. Hesitantly opening his eyes and pulling away from Lyra's lips, he looked around briefly before leaning back on his hands. After soaking in the situation, a nervous laugh escaped his mouth as he muttered, "I guess that's what being on the verge of death feels like... it really sucks."

~Lyra~

When everything suddenly came a a halt as the two kissed, Lyra was admittedly quite stunned. When Mars pulled away from her, she reached out, placing a hand on the wall of earth beside her. Not even the slightest vibration.

Geez, love really does conquer all.

"I guess that's what being on the verge of death feels like... it really sucks."

Lyra let out a small laugh, rubbing her eyes. She look up, and then bit her lip. She didn't have to, but she ended up asking, "D-do you thinks it's safe?"

She stood up, staring at the cracks in the seal above them. There was really only one way to find out. The girl glanced back down at Mars, and then let out a sigh. It's not like they really had much of a choice. The girl raised her hand up, palm parallel to the seal, and with one swift movement, the stone seal broke apart. Lyra easily shielded Mars from the falling rocks by sending them shooting into the wall beside them. She could see (and feel) that the wind was no longer blowing. . .she could only assume that the storm was over. Kneeling back down, she placed her hand on Mars's, and said, "Going up."

With that, she rose her free hand. With a slight rumble, the makeshift elevator climbed back up the tunnel at a much slower pace than when it went down. When the two were back in the classroom, Lyra dropped her hand. The earth stopped moving, and the girl looked around. The classroom was absolutely destroyed. She couldn't spot a single desk that wasn't broken or a single window that wasn't shattered. The girl stood up, cautiously peering out the broken window. She sun was out, and it had stopped snowing. . .in fact, it felt as warm as summer. Lyra quickly unbuttoned her coat and pulled off the sweater beneath it, discarding them to the floor. She could see a few students emerging from other buildings, but she didn't recognize any of them as one of her friends.

"Oh my God. . ." she muttered.

After explaining the situation to Cylva and Gwen (that he was acting quite deliriously), Luke emerged from the sordid remains that was Hawthorne Academy. What a torrid sight it was, a beautiful establishment brought to the knees of ruin by a catastrophe that remains a mystery for now. Where had the storm came from was the question that everybody was more or less likely asking themselves? For him, the answer was certain; he couldn't fathom one. Such abominations like the one that had battered his school are not very common he could tell that much, usually rain clouds don't let loose black droplets either. No natural phenomenon could do such a thing, but when you're living at a school for kids with supernatural powers that was almost a given. He held out his hand for the tear-shaped, neon-black rain to fall onto, watching as the formed a miniature puddle in his head. Interesting, was the only thought surfaced in his boggled head, still feeling the effects of the blood loss however, stumbling slightly as he stood.

Others had emerged from the building as well, swelling his heart at the sight of them. It was good to know that the others had made it out okay, hopefully not in the condition he was in; the Irishman looked like something from a horror film, crimson-splattered clothes, a mask that was almost crucial to any icon of that genre, ripped clothes and glowing, yellow eyes. Indeed, he was the full package. Even his newly-acquired hat was not spared the onslaught from the storm, a gift from his parents for his eighteenth birthday. A gift spoiled due to the uncanny appearance of a storm so omnipotent you would swear that the gods had sworn vengeance on all residents of the academy. That was the last thing he wanted being that he was a religious person. But considering the ungodly nature of the attack, he safely assumed that it was indeed not his own that made desolate the school. All I need is a pair of gloves, pull up the old sleeves, grab a knife and I'll be the new and improved Michael Myers, he thought to himself with a smirk, realizing that humour was something that was not going to be seen in abundance from here on in. Someone needed to provide the humour that was not warranted, and ol' 'Lars' was going to be the one to provide gratuitously.

The liquid seemed to stick to his fingers but he didn't mind it.

"Let's hope that won't be bothering us again," he said to no one in particular, the mask not being removed, "Lordy lord lord, looks like I'm going to sit down for a while..."

He knelt down, being forced onto to one knee.

(@Kriyze)

Anthony was lying in a broken bench face down in the commons. "I hate weather. I'm going to hate stairs and I refuse to set foot in snow without a parachute ever again." Anthony groaned before trying to get up and confirming that only his legs would respond.

He had to find Calista maybe finding Giovia was smarter but frankly he didn't care. He used his powers to make a wheelchair then he got to the hard part. He got into it on the fifth attempt and started rolling towards the last class Calista had.

"There I can't walk now you happy yeah feel like a big hurricane now. Good now go f*ck off!" Anthony yelled at the sky his frustration building as his chair got stuck on every piece of debris. Everything was getting way too hot causing Anthony to remove his jacket and his shirt leaving him in a drenched cotton shirt and some jeans with heavy snow filled boots. He started rolling past a building and saw Lyra but didn't stop until a piece of wood caused his chair to flip.

Maria Scarlette

Maria peeked out from behind one of the walls in the North Dormitory - The storm seemed to be fading. It seemed to be doing so in the strangest way possible, as it appeared the storm clouds were dripping from the sky as if it had been paint on a ceiling. Maria felt tempted to hold her hand out and identify what the liquid might be, but as she had nothing to contain it aside from cupping her hands and catching some that way, the liquid could be acidic or deadly for some reason. Besides, what would she do with it? She knew nothing about this sort of thing, but maybe she would have if she had taken Otherworld History...

Wait! What if one of the teachers knew something about this sort of thing? Maybe if I could find something to keep this stuff in...

Maria ran frantically to the door of her room, then looked around from the door for something to contain the black liquid. She could find nothing, which was a shame, but from the sound of things, the rain was gone already. Maria walked out of the dormitory and looked around in hopes of finding someone outside...

"Luke!" Maria shouted. She ran over to Luke and hugged him tightly - She noticed that he was at his knees only moments after basically glomping him. She let him go and stepped back. "Sorry. Are you all right? What's going on?"

@Kriyze

Mirabelle Ami

Ami noticed that the storm had ended, as an eerie silence had fallen over the school. She continued to lay under her bed, her suitcase covering her legs and her pillow hugged against her chest - But then an idea came to her. What if I lift the bed, move it so it's close to the door and walk along it so I can get out of here?

The idea was nice in theory, but in practice, would she even be strong enough? Dirtywork wasn't exactly her thing. She had no idea what her limits were, so she had no idea of knowing if she could do this without trying. Ami pushed her suitcase off her legs, put her pillow beside her and pushed up against the bottom of the bed with all of her strength... And she actually managed it. "Ooooookaythisisreallyhard," Ami muttered to herself, breathing heavily as the great weight of the bed beared down on her. She put the bed down on the ground in front of her and pushed it a bit so she could make it to the door using the bed as a makeshift bridge. Ami walked along the bed to the door, then she walked out of the dorms and yawned - She was probably sweating a lot and she felt exhausted already. My God, I'm pathetic, Ami thought and moaned. She laid down against a wall and shut her eyes, just for a moment...

And like that she fell asleep.​

(About effing time I respond, eh?)

--------------------------------------------- Ambrogino Friar ---------------------------------------------

Geno felt almost uncomfortably calm. Around him, people were probably dying, and he sat here safe in his ball. He was sure there was a wise metaphor for himself somewhere in there, but he wasn't man enough to find it out. Especially when Raph looked at him like that. Her eyes widened in fear. She looked so cute. Like a cornered bunny. Terrified, but still beautiful to the outside world. It was almost enticing him to just take a bite out of her... He snapped back to reality. What the fuck was wrong with him? "Y-yeah. I am." She was still gasping. "A-are you? You're not hurt, right? Você tá ferido? Por favor, me diga que não!" He leaned forward and wrapped her in a hug. Not only for her, but also for himself. "Eu estou bem." He didn't actually know Portuguese, he just made an educated guess from the rest of his vocabularies.

After a while, it seemed like the howling winds had stopped, and everything was eerily silent. Not only that. Geno felt increasingly uncomfortable. It didn't literally feel like bugs were crawling under his skin, but that was the closest thing he'd be able to compare it to. It also felt like something was scratching at his mind. Like rats in walls, but a lot larger, a lot scarier, and snarling. He felt contained in his bubble, and he quickly released the metal sphere, causing it to wither away like normal. This, only to reveal a tragic scene. Hawthorne was badly damaged. "No.." He took steps towards the broken windows. At least the dining hall hadn't crashed down on itself, that would've made it much harder to get out. Despite there being pools of blood all over the place, no people were in the dining hall. Geno breathed a sigh of relief. That probably meant they were fine.

He looked over the depressing scene outside. "All the buildings.. The trees.. Formerly so beau-... Pretty. All destroyed." Not beautiful. Not anymore. That word was reserved for Raph, and only Raph. He finally noticed the rain. Black drops coming from the sky. He smiled at it. It felt so familiar. It looked just like his own power. He started to chuckle. He felt so at home with so much black water around. It was so strange! It was so bizarre! How could he laugh at a time like this? Haha! He must be going mad! Hahah...

Before his chuckle could turn into a full-scale laugh, he heard a noise. A very piercing sound, but he wasn't sure what it had been. The rain started to really fall, and he heard it again. Despite the rain drowning everything in a ssshhh noise, he heard something over it all. It wasn't even louder, he just seemed to notice it better. There! There it was again! It was.. Talking. Someone was talking. It must be other students. But where? He turned around and still only saw Rafaela. "Where's that talking coming from?" He started walking around the room, trying to see where he heard the noise the loudest. "Raph, where's that sound coming from?"

(Aaaaand Gwen will be along in ONE second!) 

--------------------------------------------- Gwendolyn Friar ---------------------------------------------

Gwen felt quite relieved as Cylva grabbed her and brought her indoors. Being tossed around like a ragdoll wasn't usually her idea of fun, but being able to rely on a friend was. Once inside, Cylva was kind enough to block the entire room with her crystals. Very convenient power, that. "What in the hell is going on?" Cylva seemed frustrated, but Gwen didn't know what to respond. "Are you alright? You're not hurt are you?" "No, no. I'm fine. A second longer and I might've gotten in trouble though. Thanks, Cylva."

Time passed in the hallway. Gwen didn't want to disturb Cylva, her being the only thing between her and a storm of.. Well, anything loose on the premises. The screams of people from deep inside the building made her feel powerless. It was just like her training hadn't led to anything at all. She clenched her fists. Hopefully this storm would end soon. She thought she heard a noise, and looked down the hallway, only to see a figure moving about. Was that.. Luke? Why would he be hurt? Luke could just turn into a shadow, what the hell? "I'm going to go help him. Stay right here, where it's safe." "What the hell! Cylva.." She was already running off. Gwen sat back down against the wall. "Let me be useful too..." She whispered.

It was indeed Luke. Once he was brought back by Cylva, he was acting a bit off. Not quite like him. He had his mask on though, so she couldn't expect anything less. He spawned new personalities faster than bunnies procreated. He told them what had happened to him, and then, as soon as the storm stopped, he stepped out through the door. Gwen quickly bounced of the floor, excited to finally get to see something. "Cylva, come on, let's see if there's anyone who needs help.." She stopped herself as she saw the black rain pour. "You know.. Nevermind. I've seen enough movies to realize that that might be bad..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back