• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Hawthorn Academy || Lore Page

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

thebigbadwolfy

just a stranger
***THIS PAGE IS A WIP***

[class=brickBG] margin: auto; width: 90%; padding:27px; background:url('https://static.pexels.com/photos/7919/pexels-photo.jpg'); background-size:cover; display: inline-block; [/class] [class=innerBG] background:rgba(255, 255, 255, .90); border:5px solid #1d1537; padding:20px; width: 90%; height:300px; margin: auto; display: block; overflow:hidden; [/class] [class=wideBlock] background:transparent; padding:10px; width:100%; height:100%; padding-right:100px; text-align:left; margin-left:10px; margin-right:-10px; margin-top:0px; display:block; overflow-y:scroll; [/class] [class=picture] width:500px; border-radius:10px; margin:auto; background-image:url('https://insertimageurl.jpg'); background-size:cover; line-height:280px; padding:10px; font-size:0px; [/class] [class=thinBlock] background:transparent; padding:10px; width:70%; text-align:justify; margin:auto; display: block; [/class] [class=thinDiv] background:#1d1537; padding:0px; margin:auto; width:50%; line-height:6px; font-size:0px; display: block; [/class] [class=bigDiv] background:#1d1537; padding:0px; margin:30px; font-size:0px; line-height:20px; display: block; [/class] [class=mainText] color:#000000; font-family: Crimson Text; font-size:15px; line-height:18px; display: inline; [/class]

[div class=brickBG]

• [div class=innerBG style="height:250px;"]
    [div class=wideBlock ][div class=mainText]This RP will largely focus on the core species, and vampires, humans, and fairies in particular. Other species may become more important in the future of the RP but as it stands, those should be the focus. Keep in mind that the world and scope of things WILL expand as things continue.
    Keep in mind that gods are largely considered to be nonexistent. As far as anyone is aware, the Brothers' genocide of the fairies was the last time anyone had close contact with a god (outside of angels) and so gods, and god-like powers, are considered legends.
    Humans DO NOT know that supernatural creatures exist. For many, they can't even see things of supernatural origin until they have been directly exposed to it. (Ie. a human would not be able to see a goblin that attacked them unless they had previously been exposed to more obvious creatures, such as a fairy in humanoid form.)[/div][/div][/div]

[/div]

Last edited:
Oh, hi! If you don't mind, could I ask you a question? Besides the one I just asked, I mean.

What are the relations between the species? Do they have their own little countries in their own little realms? Does iron cause horrible burns and whatnot?

ahh i really need to make a diagram because im awful at explaining haha
think of each realm as its own country! so most species are pretty ok with each other, except the vampires and fairies because there's a lot of bad blood there. and the vampires don't like the werewolves because, they're the most modern species and the vampires consider them something like a plague on the supernatural world. Like they're overgrown rats. meanwhile most werewolves just wanna live their lives and could not care less.
hope that cleared things up a bit!! this page isn't quite done yet so i'll be adding a lot more about the history of the universe and such!

if that's alright with you, could i suggest new ideas here? for species and magic and whatnot.

worldbuilding is always a lot of work lol but it's still loads of fun.

because of the general supernaturalness of the roleplay, i thought that there should be spells and spirits and magic and whatnot. some more creatures could do the setting good, though i don't think they're strictly necessary.

elementals are creatures that personify the four classical elements.

gnomes -> beings of earth,
undines -> beings of water
sylphs -> beings of air
salamanders -> beings of fire

while this technically isn't a part of their canon, i thought there should be more to their shtick than "i am a fire dude and i do fire things." maybe they were granted their abilities by some mystical deity analogue that told them to guard some magical artifact. i'm not really sure about this part. also who doesn't want garden gnomes in their spooky magic setting lol

and then there is magic. i'd prefer for it to not be waving sticks around and chanting dog latin, but more like the occultic runes and rituals. magic is everywhere, but in its natural form, it's just like air! you don't really notice it's there until it's gone. every species can do magic but it's mostly an innate talent and some species naturally are better than others. or vice versa. the actual rituals and runes and potion stuff are up to you because i'm terrible at rhyming

anyways here are your good good ideas of subjective goodness i should probably spoiler these lol

don't worry there's definitely a lot more creatures!! I've just added the ones that attend the school for now
I'll be added a section for the "lesser" species in a bit

As for magic, I wanted to keep it more of a soft magic system, where not everything is super specified, but there are certain forms of magic that could be more "scientific" or more "occult." The way witches perform magic is especially occult, as they can't just naturally use magic in the same way other species can. They require certain aids and such

What about angels? what part do they play in the story? can a student at hawthorn be an angel?

since thebigbadwolfy had angels in the list, i can presume that some students, however rare, are angels. they did say "I've just added the ones that attend the school for now" two posts above this one, after all.

i don't know about you but i think that a lot of students would be scared poopless, pardon my crassness.

yes! If they're up right now, they can attend the school
There will be another tab for other species: those are the ones that do not attend (at least not usually)

As in the normal humans? Oh absolutely. Good thing they basically can't see the weird things
People disappear at the school and it's kind of just accepted. Students quickly learn you don't stay out too late, you avoid full moons, the witch club might actually have witches, and if anything weird happens, you just don't ask questions

do the clothes that supernatural beings might be wearing disappear with them? like, can human beings just fail to perceive their clothes altogether?

human: *sees floating hat in the distance*

human: "haha nothing weird here"

see this is why i need other people to write things for me lol clearly did not explain a lot of this enough
essentially, a human mind can not fathom supernatural things as being real. So a lot of the time when they see something out of the ordinary, their mind just refuses to see it. That's why exposure to it (Ie going to school with a bunch of freaks) allows one to become accustomed to and see things. So basically the more normal something looks, the more a human sees it. So if a fairy looked like their normal fairy self, every aspect of them would be invisible. But if the fairy shifted to their "human" form, then a human would easily be able to see them. However, they would notice certain oddities, like how they glow and have a weird, hypnotizing beauty.

Say you have a child of, say, a demon, or an angel, will that child have any other abilities other than a high control over magic? Like, enhanced physical abilities, maybe able to sense deities or other angels if born of an angel, etc etc

no, not really. They might have a small inclination towards the magic that they share blood with, but there aren't large differentiations no matter the parents. I suppose you could apply an inclination towards the magic of angels to being able to sense them, but it wouldn't be a very obvious sensation.

There is one exception (as far as anyone is aware but maybe that'll change ~oooOOOooH~) which is that the child of a mermaid and a human must live in mermaid waters.

Yeah lol. There's a lot of stuff I gotta put up still
They're considered "lesser species" largely because they stay out of things, stick to themselves and, u know.
Live in the water. So they don't hold the same level of power, though they're still very important in the grand scheme of things

so if i want my character to be an elemental (focusing on snow/ice), what species would they be? witch? fairy?

i am definitely gonna play a werewolf here ?
is it alright if we use real faceclaims? or would you prefer drawings?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back