• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Havenworth Academy, Living a School Life

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Aeshae

The Very Tired Student
Very Important, PLEASE READ
This will be a combination of the map of the school as well as rules for RP, students, and teachers. Please read over this before posting in the main thread in order to avoid confusions!

RULES FIRST!
These will be rules that relate to Roleplaying! This will be the basics here.
  1. No Godmodding (I KNOW your character did something that I was never there for or heard about so I replaced your sandwich with a bomb and now you are dead)
  2. No Mary/Gary Sue (Let's get creative! Try making a character that isn't an edge lord or someone who will try to kill everyone there or fight just because)
  3. Post Pacing (This is a bit more difficult with a large grey line. If you and one other character are going to be having a conversation for several pages, either try condensing it to big posts over a few posts, or maybe taking it to the different designated 1x1 Extra Page that will be provided soon. Character interaction is lovely, and encouraged! It's just hard for others to catch up if they have real life events that don't allow them to check the website every couple of minutes.
  4. Post MEAT (This just means to try to add some flavor and meaning to the post! Don't just have 1 or 2 sentences as a direct response. Like improv, take the story, respond, and add something more! This could be a detailed conversation, your characters analysis, etc)
  5. Pls nothing inappropriate or gorey (It is possible that characters could die. That has an excellent story impact! What is not that great though is having someone describe how they tortured another character, or raped them.)

What to Expect in this RP?​
As the GM, I will be breaking up the roleplay into 3 years, 2 semesters each. The first semester will be the shortest, with the introduction of how assignments and classes work as well as how school events will work. Furthermore, this will allow students to get to know each other as they would not have met prior.
The second semester will focus more on the plot line I currently have in store, with the slow introduction of antagonists.
There will be NPC students also attending this school. The school houses about 20 students of each year. Some go on into the world and a few other move into the nearby town or work as staff for the school. The NPC students will mostly be there just for fluff and a reason why there is a giant academy.

Classes do not have to be in detail, unless it is something extraordinarily important and can, in fact, just be referenced back to. Assignments can be given in RP from faculty OR as a school wide assignment assigned by the Headmistress.
Time will proceed as I describe, in order to limit the amount of confusion as well as prevent stops. There may be a few time lapses such as 2 weeks or the like announced, which can allow everyone to make an entry post of what life was like in those two weeks.
Anything and everything is open here, and I'm excited for us all to begin writing!

Last edited:
Living in the Dorm Life
Living

• Every student will receive a bedroom like this. Every faculty will also receive their own bedroom, albeit larger with a kitchen and small eating area.
    The bathroom connects directly with the students, with the door being on the left side of the room, below the bed. Every student is allowed to decorate as they see fit, as well as allowed to have people over. Having someone over after 1 am, the curfew, will be against the rules.
    b6930ce0bb307f2993270f3475f4e15b--single-dorm-rooms-dorm-room-layouts.jpg
    small_bathroom_design_plans_1824822579.jpg

School Rules
  1. No student will use their abilities willingly without the supervision or request of a faculty member.
  2. No student will break curfew (1 am).
  3. No student will go into the nearby town without permission from the Headmistress.
  4. No student will fight without authorization of an official sparring match inside or outside class.
  5. No faculty member is to bring any student physical or emotional harm.
  6. No faculty member is to use their powers on students unless it is for demonstration purposes and does not break rule 5.
  7. No student nor faculty member will enter into a relationship with the other.
  8. There will be, under no circumstance, revealing the location of the academy to other members, family or otherwise.
  9. No one must know who we are and what we possess.

VERY IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ
Hello everyone! The GM here! We will now be starting our first school wide event! For those who do not read the Other or read the RP description (seriously its been like two weeks shame on you) then a school wide event means all players will be required to participate in some sort of event! These events range from super silly, to school related things, to super serious stuff (later down the road this could result in... erm, let's say character loss.)

This is a school related thing! Now you may be asking yourself, uh what's the point to this other than just moving the RP along so I can post? Great question! As the GM, depending on the results of each SWE (School Wide Event) I will be setting up certain things for your character. For this particular event, if your character fails then they will be required to be in mandatory after class detention! This will open up RP opportunity with other people who failed along with professors. If they pass, then the professors will be acknowledging them as more in control. If certain students rise above, they may receive certain opportunities such as assisting teachers.

Normally I will not be sharing the outcomes of each SWE, but since this is our first time I will! Some will be easy enough for you guys to figure out, other times it may entirely flip and do a 180 and despite a character doing great it could lead to a negative outcome they will have to navigate around.

Feel like you can't get others to interact with you? That's okay! That's what the GM Posts are for! I will be constantly (As constant as possible of course) be setting up new events and discoveries during SWE, such as for example a character finding something, someone seeing a suspicious figure that may or may not be another character, or possibly a minor setback like the laces of a shoe breaking and needing a piggy back​

Less important stuff

For those confused and wondering what the absolute heck I am thinking, I absolutely took this idea from many Roleplaying games like Warden and Superhero along with things like that. Essentially an event happens and it creates new environments for the characters. I really want to see this RP not die out, so when designing one I decided to implement a "game-like" system that has a reward basis to keep players involved. The more involved a character is, the more fleshed out and explained an outcome will be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back