• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Haven

S n o w

Dreamer
Roleplay Type(s)
Start Recording

"I'm recording this so that everyone... anyone who finds this will know how everything went downhill so quickly.

Ah, a few years ago there was a worldwide outbreak of ITS. Er, Insatiable Thirst Syndrome, officially. Conspiracy theorists had a field day trying to figure out what caused it. Cooked up in a government lab? Aliens?

*pause, quieter*

ITS was... bad. It starts off like you'd think, your mouth feels dry, and you can't get enough to drink, but then it ends with all the liquids in your body coming out of you. Casualties skyrocketed, and when the virus ran rampant... people started to panic. They started to isolate the sick from everyone else, and even went so far as to kill them before it got to the end result. It was almost the apocalypse. Almost.

And then there was Haven. The first corporation to come up with the first cure. They gave it out for free, and people all over the world scrambled for it. Haven was the savior of mankind... for about a week. After that, the side effects started to show. A fever that lasts for hours, rapid hair loss, inability to get out of bed, and within twelve hours, death.

Later, the public would learn that the 'cure' had been untested, but not before the undead came back and started eating people. Everyone who had gotten the cure died within a day, including government officials, and leaders of many countries. Within the mass panic that ensued, Haven disappeared.

*longer pause*

It's been six months. Everything's been trashed. There's no food left, and I haven't seen anyone living since...

*sound of shifting paper, louder*

You probably know this by now, or you don't and should really listen to this part. I wrote down everything I know about zombies. Looting dead bodies? Bad idea. If you're not extremely careful handling their bodies, and get their blood or liquids on you, then they can infect you. Not the zombie infection, but the ITS virus. Don't panic, it's not airborne... anymore. The 'cure' changed it somehow, and only suppressed it instead of stopping it. If you're the .1 percent of the remaining population that's immune to the virus, then ignore this, this doesn't apply to you. You only have to worry about the zombie infection.

There are three types of zombies that I've seen. The fast ones. These are the ones that recently turned, the ones that can still run, even sprint if you're incredibly unlucky. They stay fast for weeks. Avoid those. The slow ones. Older zombies that are... well, slow. Still, don't underestimate them. Where there's one, there tends to be other slow zombies around, waiting for someone, or a group, to surround.

Then there's the third type. Feral zombies. Avoid these at all costs, or kill it quickly before it see's you. I've only seen one of these. They like to hide in dark places during the day, and they're... vicious. They're barely human. They act like animals, moving around on all fours, and attacking unpredictably. You can tell when you're near one when you hear unending growling, but they won't notice you unless you make noise.

*pause*

I think that-"*sound of breaking glass*

static

End Recording

~Memoirs of a dead girl

Users who are viewing this thread

Back