• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Haven...

Sneaux

Fairy Rings and Dandelion Seeds ❀

You've suddenly changed... Now.. Its up to you to decide who and what you are and what you choose to do with your life.

Powers:

Newly discovered powers- Outside Born:

Everything was going great. Life was fine. Then... Suddenly... Mist. Fog. Thick... like Pea Soup. Next thing you know, you're entire body is heavy and you can't see or hear anything. Something has completely encased you. It only lasts a few seconds as the.... stuff... on your skin slowly cracks off and falls away, disintegrating into something like ash before floating to the ground... You're different. You have powers now... new..... extremely hard to control.. what are they? Who are you? Have you changed Physically? Mentally?.... Well... Soon... either you seek help from the only place you can find-
Haven. Or... They come to you. They offer their help to you. Its up to you what you decide.. its up to you....

New discovered powers- Temple (
Haven) Born:

Life is fine. You are excited. You know you are about to change... Then Suddenly there where you stand in the temple, in the ancient Chinese looking shrine... Mist. Fog. Thick... like Pea Soup envelops you. Next thing you know, you're entire body is heavy and you can't see or hear anything. Something has completely encased you. It only lasts a few seconds as the.... stuff... on your skin slowly cracks off and falls away, disintegrating into something like ash before floating to the ground... You're different. You have powers now... new..... extremely hard to control.. what are they? Who are you? Have you changed Physically? Mentally?.... Well, you've been preparing for this you're entire life. Your parents have taught you, as they were taught. Will they be your
Mentor? Will you have a new Mentor? Or... will you forsake your life of luxury and... abandon all you know... be exiled from the only home you've ever known...? The choice... is yours.

Mentor Options:

Outside Born:

You were born on the outside. Your life has been very odd. You never knew who or what you were. Nothing has ever seemed to work out for you... Then.. you changed. You tried to hide. You tried to control what you had been given... But you were failing. Until someone... someone with the power to... what seemed like teleport.. came and offered you help. As soon as you took the stranger's hand, you went unconscious. You were like that for several days. Then.. when you woke up... You were helped. You were trained by a
Mentor. You were soon inspired to become a Mentoryourself. Now.. Its your life, your duty. You help the individuals who change.

Haven Born:

You were born in
Haven. You have lived here all your life and were mentally and physically prepared for what was to come. It was still extremely hard. The transition. You felt like your preparation this far was for nothing. It seemed to not help at all. You were assigned a Mentor, like all the rest of the people at Haven who have been gifted. You learned. You interacted. You grew. You gained control. Now, you aspire to be a Mentor yourself.

Important:

No one but the 'Person in Charge' and the teleporter know where Haven resides. All people do know, is that its some where in China. People don't leave by their own. They ask permission.. then are teleported in or out.. Not all people who are born at Haven change. Those who don't enjoy life, or work.. or.. get their memories wiped and are 'deposited' into the outside world. They are given enough 'supplies' to start leading what ever type of life they wish. Some have become doctors, some have become junkies. Their life is in their own hands.

Sneaux

Sneaux Sighed quietly and leaned back against one of the training buildings. Her head tilted as she watched the people mill about. Some were going to jobs, others were just enjoying their time. Some of the newer Gifted were walking and talking with their mentors, which made her smile. Life was going well here. Almost to well...

Last edited by a moderator:
Wes sighed. The new batch of Gifted actually didn't actually didn't pick him this month. Technically, he did come late for oversleeping so having no one choose him was to be expected. He should of just stayed in bed.

His footsteps echo on the marbled flooring of the building he was in. The sight of other mentors talking with the newbies made him a bit jealous. Just a bit. What was he going to do now? He could just wait for a late-start Gifted to show up and he'll be the first to grab them. He'd rather be teaching someone than doing paperwork for the higher-ups. Hell, he'd even train instead of doing any tasks from the higher-ups. After his internal rant ends, Wes spots Sneaux, who's watching everyone pass by. She is a mentor too, right? - if he remembered correctly without the daze from waking up not too long ago. He remembers the first time she appeared when she was just a new Gifted. An outsider. She's pretty nice, in his opinion.

"Hey Sneaux, staring at the new one's, are we? I woke up too late so I got nobody," he says the obvious to her. Wes was known for being tired. He once slept while standing when his last student was training.

Sneaux

She was absentmindedly chewing on her thumbnail when Wes approached. She blinked and glanced over at him, before putting down her hand, a bit embarrassed. "Interesting ones this turn about." she replied and blinked a few times. She had been the first one in the choosing. She didn't get a pupil either. Seemed some of the higher-ups had secret plans for a few of the Mentors, but she was not sure yet.

She smiled at him. "No worries... I think we may have an assignment of our own... I noticed quite a few others didn't get pupils either.. or.. some have and then they've been sent out. Both pupil and mentor. Things are changing around here... I don't know how or why though." she confided in him.

(Time to create some potential plot and conflict)

Wes nodded in agreement. It did feel suspicious to him; what were the higher-ups scheming? "This year, the new guy is taking over the top position, right?" he asks. Their last head is currently ill and old enough to kick the bucket so a new head was necessary for them.

He scans the passer-byes of mentors and pupils. He hopes this "plan" for them didn't require extra work. He's been getting crap from some mentors for not taking the job seriously and not sticking to way the Gifted were taught. Unconventional practices were Wes's thing; that's how he learned his power best, that's how he'll teach it. The mention of training reminded him of his mentor who he hasn't seen in years.

Sneaux

She swallowed and rubbed at her face now. "Yep.." She murmured. Her eyes flickered with a quick procession of emotions before she quickly suppressed them. She had a very deep rooted mistrust for the new guy in charge. He irked her. She always thought she'd seen him on the street when she'd been whisked away here. Like he knew. Like he was watching. He looked evil then. Now, several years later, he was the exact same. Mysterious. Firm. Odd. Quiet. She just had a bad feeling.

The doors to the shrine for the Gifted's transition fly open. A few people is white cloaks exit from the shrine, walking closely side by side. Behind them was the man himself, the new head. Wes has forgot the man's name even though he's been here as long as Sneaux. The guy seemed to carry himself more now that he knew he had position power. The higher-ups must be done with having all the new ones changed. The hoard of white passes by the two mentors. The new head locks eyes with Wes for a moment before shifting his gaze to the woman by him. When they are finally out of ear's reach, Wes shakes his head, "I guess we continue the day like normal until their plans for us begins. Man, I should have slept in." He stretches his limbs.

Sneaux

"Go.. sleep." She murmured quietly to him. She swallowed and glared at the new High Up. "Before he gives us work." She dryly commented and glanced over at the mentor.

Jade

I woke up at the campus bored and tired like always. I got dressed in a black sweatshirt and jeans. I went out my all black room to wake up my brother. I knocked on his door as I heard him throw something at his door. "GO AWAY JADE!!!" yelled Andrew as I sigh. "open your door stupid big brother" i tell him serious as he did what I asked. "what?" He asked opening the door slightly. "get dressed" I tell him serious as he reshut his door. He's so stupid to thought.

(this is the best I could do guys sorry if it's not that good)

(It's fine. Idk.)

"I'll take up on that suggestion," yawns Wes. He waves a short goodbye to Sneaux before heading to his small comfortable home. He leaves the main building, after making his way down long corridors that lead to many rooms that even he still has no idea what's inside. A pleasant breeze helps him cool down from the sun's heat. Even though the season has almost reached fall, it still is hot; hopefully, it wouldn't be like this next week.

The mentor wipes the sweat trickling down his forehead as he walks on a cobblestone pathway to where many of Haven's residents lived. Students mostly lived near the main building, depending where they're from and if they want to be around their peers more. Trees stand tall with equal distance from each other and leaves have already begin falling for the end of the season. Wes listens to the sound of rushing water from the river that flows through Haven. A well-made bridge is over the water, continuing the path to the small houses. Wes reaches his place later; a home with a small bathroom, kitchen, bedroom, and living room. It's livable for a man who barley does anything in the house than sleep.

He enters his place with a content sigh. Should he sleep the day away or continue his training, he wondered.

Sneaux

She quietly wandered away once Wes left. She moved to the outer regions of their sanctuary, to the pagodas. She loved to meditate there. It was always peaceful and quiet. With a smile on her lips she sat down in the middle of one and let her shoulders slump. Her eyes slid closed and her overall posture relaxed. Her head drooped and she went completely slack. It was hard to believe she could sit up at all if not for seeing her do this frequently.

Wes checks the time: 9 a.m. He curses the higher-up's schedule for the newly Gifted transition. Why must it be so damn early in the morning? Those kids probably aren't fully awake when forcing them to gather in one area at 7 in the morning. That was how it usually goes; the Gifted were awakened, mentors were chosen, then the two would plan out what to do in the future. The last - or was it the second to last - kid was a great student who understood that if you wanted Wes to teach with his utmost attention, you'd better ask the guy to have training after an hour from lunch.

The fire user lazy scratches the back of his neck as he scans the outside through a window in the living room. Today is peaceful, ironically; the noise of gifts being used will come in a week or two. He blinks his eyes slowly before throwing himself onto the worn-down couch he owned that's against the side of the wall. He lets out a grunt when landing face first into squishy pillows. How long can he sleep before he's called by the higher-ups in his dreams? One of them has a damn gift that can reach into people's dreams; it's the guy he owes many favors to sadly.

Wes stares at the wall while lying on his side. In a matter of minutes, the man falls asleep, replenishing the energy he hasn't refilled from yesterday. His dreams come in weird sequences of fire, memories, fire, then well... more fire. It was as if his gift didn't want him to forget it's still there. Like he could ever. He settles in a pleasant memory of his student years. His mentor, that old hag, scowling him for not focusing.

"Kid, if you keep training like that, you'll be burning up like the sun. You'd likely set Haven on fire."

"What the hell am I supposed to do? The others already got their powers in basic control. What am I doing wrong?"

"You're not thinking of balance. Here. What's the opposite of fire?"

"Water?"

"I wasn't going for that but yes, water. Now, you don't have the ability to control this element but you have the will to make it feel like you do. Do you understand what I mean?"

"No."

"Think cool. Calm. Snow."

"
Hey, Maverick. We've got a few kids who are perfect for you. There are six but the heads are going to give you two of them. Both are fire users, just like you, though minus the ticking sun bomb. These kids are late. Martin's being called too. Have fun with the late bloomers!"

Wes jolts out of his sleep. He falls back onto the couch with a irritated groan; he didn't get at least an hour of sleep. The clock reads 9:43 a.m. in a bright red that the mentor now wishes he can just singe without fear of having to by another clock. "That asshole. I'm not going to explode," he mutters to himself before sliding off the cushions. Time to check on his new pupils. Two this time, huh? He is interested in their abilities, maybe a kid that reminds him of himself. Wes heads out back to the main building.

( @LiaDreamer (edit: Crap I didn't notice you got triplets) @Anaxileah Heads up. I literally just called you guys all into one place. To the Awakening shrine!)

Crimson woke grouchily to her mother's nagging, not willing to wake up. Her bed had a fireproof blanket, sheets, pillow, etc... Pretty much everything fireproof. Her mother telling her she was late was what woke Crimson up and almost made her panic. She rushed through the small home, grabbing a bit to eat and getting dressed at the same time. She put on a flame resistant dress that they had specially made, so that she could make a good first impression on her mentor (dress in the pic of her on fire). She then wore combat boots with the dress and put her hair up in a messy bun. "Now I'm going to be even more late..." Crimson muttered to herself as she kissed her mother on the cheek, leaving a pink mark, and then pulled the door open and left, leaving the handle glowing from her heat.

Crimson bounded down the cobblestone paths between the many homes where she lived, rushing to get to the Awakening Shrine. On her way there, she passed by a man, almost bumping into him, and quickly exclaimed an apology, her hair now on fire from panicking about lateness. "I'm sorry, sir! I'm late!" She turned and rushed back towards the Awakening Shrine, not knowing that she just nearly crashed into her mentor.

@AnimusLight

• Jamie

Jamie is walking around her family bookstore. She picks up an book and sees it belongs in the backroom. She looks around to make sure nobody is watching her as she goes in an dark place and travels to the backroom using her power and puts up the book. She looks around making sure her older sister by 6 minutes didn't see that. She would get so yelled at.

Sneaux

Her meditation was interrupted. "Danget." She growled as she stood. Back to work already... Her head shook as she tried to bring herself out of the slow relaxed state she'd achieved. If she were to get a new pupil... she needed to be alert. She was always on call due to begin a counselor, but, that was different. Only a few words could provide enlightenment, and she never really needed to get out of her comfy state for that. With an irritated eye twitch she made her way to the Awakening Shrine.

Jamie walks out of the bookstore as they close. "Come on guys. We have somewhere to be. " Jamie sighs as she looks for her siblings. "We closed twenty minutes ago!" Jamie rolls her eyes as her brother yelled out "Oh shut up Jamie. We're gonna be on time!" Jamie sighs and yells back "You said that ten minutes ago!" then her other older sister yells out "Will you both just shut up!"

Jasmine rolls her eyes as she walks out to meet her younger sister. She sighs "James she is right, we are gonna be late if you don't hurry your butt up. "

James walks out of the store fixing his hair. "I'm sorry for not wanting to go out looking like crazy " He sighs and starts to walk down the street wearing dark blue stripe shirt and dark brown khakis.

Jamie looks at him like he was crazy and says "You look the same as you do everyday" Jamie was wearing a dark shirt with an grey butterfly on it. With dark washed blue jeans. "You almost made us late for nothing."

Jasmine sighs at her younger siblings arguing as she thinks. She doesn't want to be separated from her siblings but with their powers being so different...that might be price it comes to. She was wearing an white shirt with dark jeans and an brown hoodie. "Come on guys we have to run it and no powers!" Jasmine runs down the street to the shrine

Jamie sighs and follows her older sister

James does the same thing and runs

Wes leisurely heads to the main building. He wished those damn higher-ups gave him another, at least another, hour of sleep. His feet felt heavy against the path; he'll arrive there at his own pace. He hears quick steps approaching behind then someone bumps into him. Some with flaming hair?

She apologizes fast before Wes could even say something. The candle girl runs off towards the main building; the mentor has a strange feeling that he'll see her pretty soon. She'll be an interesting one to mentor if she turns out to be his pupil. Wes shrugs, continuing to his destination. The noise around the main building is mostly of objects being breaking or laughing; some of the mentors have started. Wes ducks when a wild icicle flies out from a dark green hedge. A mentor pops her head out with a worried face. It changes to a relaxed look when she notices Wes, "Sorry, Maverick. My boy is a bit jumpy. It's okay, right? You would have melted that on time."

The fire mentor narrows his eyes, a frown disapproving her accusations. "You're good? Okay. Bye," she waves her hand before disappearing back on the other side of the bush. There are so many types of mentors here with colorful personalities. Wes picks up the icicle, letting steam come out of his hand. Think cool. Not cold but cool. His mentor was such an odd lady. The ice turns into a gas in seconds; he wishes he made it last longer.

More Gifted come dashing down the corridor from the entrance that leads to the streets full of Haven's shops. He halts his movements, examining the three. Wow, triplets; they would be a mess to teach. He wishes luck to whoever had to teach one of them then heads to the shrine.

His slow walking pace made him miss the students that have already entered the shrine. He rakes a hand through his dark hair with a sigh. Time to meet the late students; at least they had something in common already.

@LiaDreamer

Crimson arrived at the Awakening Shrine, panting and now crackling. Her skin was starting to glow slightly, and she noticed her hair was on fire. "Oh no!" Crimson whispered fiercely to herself and tried to put her hair out, not really succeeding. She tried breathing calmly to relax, and got her skin to stop glowing, but her hair was refusing to go out. What am I going to do? I don't even know who my mentor is and now I'm going to make a bad impression! Crimson panicked, worrying about who her mentor would be and whatnot. She watched as the other mentors had already begun training their students and felt left out, most likely due to her lateness.

Jade

"ANDREW HURRY UP WE ARE GOING TO BE LATE!" I yelled at him serious as ice was at my feet. Then he opened the door glairing at me. "don't rush me" said Andrew. "I should rush you we are already late as it is" I tell him serious. I grabbed his hand as we started running towards the main building to meet the mentors.

Andrew

As soon as we got there I saw a couple of other people there. "Hello sorry for being late" I tell everyone in the room smiling. "sorry for being late your the one that made us late" yelled jade as she burst into flames, flames all over her body. "IT'S NOT MY FAULT I TOLD YOU NOT TO WAKE ME!" I yelled as ice started forming on the walls as we glared at each other.

(Andrew and jade's powers are connected with their emotions. Hopefully this is ok)

Sneaux

Sneaux pinched the bridge of her nose as a headache was already on its way. Thats what happened when she didn't get a long while of meditation. She swallowed and waltzed into the shrine with a sigh. Her eyes went from amused to downright irritated. She pressed her lips into a line and stretched her arms above her head. Her elbows and shoulders popped in heated resistance.

(I'm assuming all of the students are here)

Wes pushes open the double doors leading into the shrine. The smell of smoke first catches his senses. "Why does it-" Wes finds two students on fire. Were these his; oh great. He briskly walks to the girl with her hair in flames. He places his hand onto her cheek, calling to her fire. Wes breathes in deeply - at the same time it was as if the fire itself came to him - extinguishing her hair. He nods at his work before heading to the other firer user. The student doesn't notice but a dark hand print of smoke is now on her face, left by him.

He gives a brief nod towards Sneaux who also seems irritated about being called in too soon. Each of his steps echo as he reaches the next fire user pupil. He comes up from behind her and place both his hands upon her shoulder; the fire around poof into smoke. Luckily for her, the smokey hand prints couldn't be seen on her black sweatshirt. He breathes out, causing the room to escalate enough in temperature for the bits of ice on the walls- now turning into droplets of water; damn these kids making him waste energy. For both the fire students, he only took the heat from their flames, only having them die down into something more calm they could control. If these were his students, he knew he will have a lot of work on his hands. Wes is usually the mentor for fire users and sometimes water users because of the two negating each other.

His hands still on her shoulders he smiles, "Why don't we all cool down and gather around." He pats the shoulders once before turning away. He approaches the other mentor in the room, "Alright, my day of peaceful sleeping never came true. Which students did they say you're going to take, Sneaux." He glances around, counting each of them. "This is going to be a long day," he sighs.

@Sneaux @Anaxileah @Dark lane

Sneaux

Her eyebrows quirked. "They just told me to come. I haven't been... assigned yet.." She frowned and started to chew on the inside of her cheek for a moment. "there are a lot of them... maybe.. maybe they want us to co-mentor." She mumbled. It wouldn't be the first time that happened to her. Her gifts were very unique but had sever drawbacks if done incorrectly.

Roy sat on the rooftop of the shrine staring up into the blue sky. Part of him wanted to fly away and the other part knew he had to stay. "I guess I'll go make my appearance then." He sighed as he leaped off the roof and flew in through the double doors without much hassle. He looked and saw all the people gathered around. "Quite the party. Surprised to see I wasn't invited." He shrugged as he took a spot near the corner of the room. His wings made him stand out amongst the others but he wasn't interested. He was going to fly away after the greetings anyway. He looked at each person with a somewhat sedated curiosity. They all stayed human in appearance. What a bunch of lucky kids.

@LiaDreamer @AnimusLight @Dark lane

Jamie watches as the mentors talk among themselves. She thinks 'I really hope I don't get separate from my siblings. They are the only ones that would be able to calm me down' She watches as her brother starts to play with his powers. "James, wanna play power balls?" He looks at her and nods smiling. "Sure" He says as he throws the light ball to her and she throws it back with some darkness in it.

James smiles as he plays with his youngest sister. He knows that both of his sisters are worried about being separated but he knows that there is nothing they could do about it. He just hopes they don't. He catches it and throws it's back adding some of his light. They made up this games

an couple months ago as they were discovering their powers. He loos at his other sister, Jasmine and sees that she was watching them with an smile on her face

Jasmine watches as her two younger siblings play. She remembers when they were just 13 and had no idea what they were gonna do with out their mom and dad. She remembers crying at night and holding them tight, hoping they won't disappear. She is still hoping now. They are now older and things change, they might go their separate ways and never talk again. She doesn't want that at all. She loves them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back