Chitchat Have you ever felt you have scared away your RP partners?

TomoBeans

Spill the Beans
This goes for RP and OOC

I tend to get alot of "your style of writing is different" or something of me is different than what others are rping. It can be good and sometimes bad.... I also, and I am sure many others, have it where their partners disappear not saying anything. Yeah, I know things get busy or they are too scared to tell you they got bored of it ....but it just helps to know, so you can prepare yourself of why this person just disappeared...

Also I feel I scare people in how expressive I am in OOC talks. I suppose people here aren't used to it? And like, they only came here to RP only. Yet, I see those who do want to make friends.....but do they just end up shying away...Am I targeting the wrong partners?
its just hard how I may or would have to conceal myself of how I act or express my way through typing. Like, I want them to know I am happy or excited. But now, i suppose people arent used to it......ad they just get scared....

I came from a different RP place, before I came to RP nation. those people were so expressive and open and just amazing. but it died down sadly...

Am I the only one? or what are your first impression on a few partners you had? Did you think you scared them away??

I think I've scared away a few, or I wasn't what they had hoped for- I didn't fit what they were looking for. Whether it be that my grammer wasn't great, or I wasn't descriptive enough. Sometimes, they don't tell me and they just vanish.

I think I've scared away a few, or I wasn't what they had hoped for- I didn't fit what they were looking for. Whether it be that my grammer wasn't great, or I wasn't descriptive enough. Sometimes, they don't tell me and they just vanish.
i feel you on that part, especially the grammar part :(

I used to be pretty critical of who I roleplayed with, but now I'm a lot more open-minded about peoples' individual writing abilities and obligations outside of roleplay. Looking back, I think I had fairly unrealistic expectations, meanwhile I wasn't what I would consider that advanced or experienced at 13-15 years old. I could be mean-spirited, even, when someone's writing abilities or pacing weren't quite at the level I wanted them to be, and I realize now it was rude and immature of me.

Though, I'm not sure how my present self compares to my younger self from someone else's point of view. I think I'm pretty lenient when it comes to my fellow writers' skills and experience now, but even a year ago I was a bit elitist on RPN, looking at my recruitment threads.

I think I tend to scare people off in early planning because I often want to build a plot together instead of approaching with something specific I already want to do.
My reason for this is that I think it's easier to sustain something with mutual enjoyment when you both had a say in the planning...but I think people take it as "Oh, they don't know what they want." and walk away. Maybe they think I'm going to make them do all the work? Not sure!

Yeah I've probably scared people off in the past, lol. I've always tried really hard to be open when it comes to other people's likes and interests in terms of RPing, but the more RP experience I have, the more picky I get. I've just had too many RPs in the past that I ended up hating because I couldn't share my partner's interest. Soooo my pickiness probably has scared people away.
I also think I used to be too clingy; I wanted people to reply on a frequent basis and would check in on them if they weren't. I was much younger and neglected to realize that other people have lives. I've definitely grown past that.

I think what scares off a lot of people from my RPs (particularly fantasy) is my Magic System. It's incredibly in depth with as little room for grey area as possible. I do this because I've been in 1 too many RPs that have "Normal" teens who can cast god level magic without breaking a sweat. If this was for plot reasons due to a screw-up, that's one thing, but this was always pretty normal amongst players and their MC and I grew weary of it happening in one of my RPs

It's all the time for me!!! I don't know what is the persons issue?! I'm nice and chill and during the middle of rping people disapper!!!!

I get that impression too sometimes. I tend to get too intense in my role-playing sometimes (lengthy replies when there's action) and I guess that puts people off.

I think I also come off as awkward OOC even though I'm just trying to be nice, though I guess I have trouble making my ideas across sometimes.

This goes for RP and OOC

I tend to get alot of "your style of writing is different" or something of me is different than what others are rping. It can be good and sometimes bad.... I also, and I am sure many others, have it where their partners disappear not saying anything. Yeah, I know things get busy or they are too scared to tell you they got bored of it ....but it just helps to know, so you can prepare yourself of why this person just disappeared...

Also I feel I scare people in how expressive I am in OOC talks. I suppose people here aren't used to it? And like, they only came here to RP only. Yet, I see those who do want to make friends.....but do they just end up shying away...Am I targeting the wrong partners?
its just hard how I may or would have to conceal myself of how I act or express my way through typing. Like, I want them to know I am happy or excited. But now, i suppose people arent used to it......ad they just get scared....

I came from a different RP place, before I came to RP nation. those people were so expressive and open and just amazing. but it died down sadly...

Am I the only one? or what are your first impression on a few partners you had? Did you think you scared them away??

Sheesh. I def understand ur pain yo. Not everyone can appreciate or understand/sympathize wit ur passion for ur OOC n ur rp. Tbh, I jus wish people would inform us of if they r bored or if somethin is botherin em (u know, bout the rp in particular). I see where ur comin from n I wouldn't let it get u down. There r plenty of passionate rps here (like me self) who share ur passion for an OOC n rp. 😏

I've kind of begun to tone down some things on here. Im not half as harsh as i usually am. I am a very critical and confrontational person, and if something bothers me in have the tendency to say what i think. Of course I won't hack someone into the ground and i'll be respectful about it, but it seems it's still a bit thing for people in many places. So i mostly keep that way of handling things to my real life and out of this community as i do believe, there is a time and place for everything.
Not to forget, no matter where you go, communication is key. OOC and RP is inculded in that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back