Experiences Have any of your rps ever completed?

Meowfyre

By your rps I mean ones that you participated in and created. If they did finish, tell me about them, summarize the events please. Also what do you think contributed to them finishing when so many others die?

Just one. It was a 1x1 that was a follow-up to a group rp that died, since me and the other player really wanted to continue our characters' romance. The group rp was about a summer camp for supernatural teenagers, and my character was a shapeshifter named Damien while her character was a werewolf named Jasmine. Jasmine's deal was, she lived in the woods near the camp alone after being abandoned by her family, and a few of the other characters in the rp decided to take her in while they stayed at the camp. My character ended up becoming her boyfriend, but eventually, he had to leave the camp at the end of the summer to go back to school, while Jasmine had nowhere to go. He left, promising they'd see each other again, but Jasmine ended up following his scent all the way to his home, running after him and ending up at his door comepletely exhausted. He took her in, had to deal with some government people that essentially wanted to lock her up, and eventually was able to allow her to stay with him. The only reason it ended was, we decided the goal of it was to resolve the "Jasmine doesn't have a home" situation.

So yeah, that's the only one out of the dozens I've done that came to a conclusive end. To be honest though, roleplaying for me is ALL about the journey and a real destination isn't really neccesary.

Last edited:
I've been in a completed rp once. Spanned over a thousand pages. It was full cliché shit, revolved around a Gary Sue, I got kicked from it several times and managed to get back into it several times, and it got lots of probably cringy moments. The plot was about a Gary Sue that was protecting the world, a weird organization called the Role Players Association that protected the world too, a villain named MAN which was essentially God and all the people in the role play could role play as themselves and characters from games, movies, shows, whatever or original characters. It also had a sequel, which was also completed if I remember correctly.

It was a terrible one.

It was a roleplay that took place in a carnival -- a slice of life roleplay basically. As soon as the date ended, both characters just parted ways and... That was that. Nothing special.

i don't think any of the rps i've been in have ever finished rip,,, the closest to finishing would be just the completion of a big plot, but the rp continued on after that.
it was with this warrior cats rp i was in a few years ago and there were a shit ton of ppl who posted like one liners every few minutes, which is probably why it ended up being so long and completed this one big plot pretty quickly. but yah it was sorta cliche, but it was fun at the time aha

I have never been fortunate enough to have forum-based RPs seen to completion. I was able to finish some DnD campaigns though. Although I'm not sure how much those count since they all ended with our party dying. Still they created good memories. One of the ones I remember was set in a Blazblue style setting with our party consisting of a stereotypical paladin, a gunslinger calm neutral type, a smoking hardcore cat monk that punched anything and everything (I'll get back to this) and a sorcerer girl that had no emotions.

It started off normal enough with the party forming. The Paladin, Gunslinger, and Monk were recruited to go on a mission and towards the start they came across the sorcerer fighting a monster so they intervened. After saving the girl the Paladin took it upon himself to guarantee her safety and so she joined the party. After an uneventful journey they reached the dungeon that was their destination and went inside.The Sorcerer's lack of emotions coupled with the Monk's recklessness caused them to trip almost every trap in the dungeon and get monsters set on them. Fortunately the Paladin carried around a giant backpack full of everything you could imagine and routinely pulled out items to save them from whatever trap they triggered. (Seriously, the guy actually purchased all the random stuff with his starter gold before the campaign even began) So the party reaches a large steel door at the end of a long corridor with their goal behind said door. The Gunslinger tried hacking the door controls to no avail. So then the monk tried his hand at it and punched the door full force resulting in a broken hand.

It was at that time that a cliche boulder-rolling-down-the-corridor trap was triggered only it wasn't a boulder but a steamroller style contraption. Finally the sorcerer used her most powerful spell to blow open the door so everyone could rush inside. The room was a laboratory style chamber with cloning vats and within one of those vats was a girl similar to the sorcerer. As the party rummaged around they triggered the activation of the vat and released the girl who revealed herself to be a manufactured weapon of massive magical power (third boss of the campaign). The sorcerer was also revealed to be a similar weapon designed purely to hunt down and kill said boss. She was given a will check to see if she would activate and she failed the check horribly. So our sorcerer goes full berserk mode with only the goal of killing the boss no matter what. Because of that she's throwing out all her strongest spells, fireballs flying everywhere. The monk tried to get in on the action and went to punch the boss but the sorcerer's fireball got a nat 20 and vaporized the monk. Another fireball caused the Paladin to get knocked out leaving only the gunslinger to hide behind a table as the two sorcerers dueled each other. The fight was going in the boss' favor until the gunslinger rolled his own nat 20 and finished off the boss but not before also killing the sorcerer.

So after that boss fight two of our party members were dead and the Paladin succumbed to his wounds and also died leaving only the Gunslinger left. With the entire party nearly wiped we decided to just call it a day and go home.

Pretty much all of my DnD campaigns follow a similar route. Our party always dies. One campaign they died at lvl 3 by wolves who got way too many crits that we swore the DM was cheating. Another campaign they again died by wolves because they were caught out in the rain and bogged down by mud. Another campaign they got to a big boss character and got wiped out. I've never actually completed a campaign where the party actually lives or succeeds in their goals. They always die.

The one and only roleplay I completed was also my longest and it ended properly like a book closing. It started out as chat then made into a forum format before it completed.

What started out as a band of space pirates looking for their next bounty turned into a series of events that involved nations and being caught in a multitude of shenanigans for comic relief before it turned into serious storytelling. It started out with five people but eventually boiled down to just two people and when it was just down to a 1 on 1 it turned from comical to something more serious full of mystery, betrayal and action. Had a little bit of everything actually because there was a whole arc where one of us took over one our former member characters and he ended up killing another character over a woman and years after the fact that started a riff between the two characters that turned into a decades old rivalry that ultimately became two separate crime empires clashing in almost a Godfather/Scarface esque fashion then throw in Pirates of the Carribean in space and some Firefly influences then what you have a seemingly never ending story of two former friends going through extraordinary lengths to kill each other as one tried to avenge his friend and the other trying to justify it. The irony of it all it was the woman who was manipulating them this whole time and she got hers although at great cost. It was a rather tragic ending and justly so and how this RP had to end the way it did albeit properly. The whole thing was rather tragic.

We took turns. My friend did her parts mostly because he was better at playing manipulative characters than I was and left me to the more action-y stuff.

One of my one on one roleplays actually reached over 1000 posts, varying in length from one-linersish to 300-400 words a post. It was a "Flirty Step-sibling" scenario. I would have loved to turn it into a book, but something came up with the other roleplayer. She said she had to back out of everything. Anyone who read it said it was "amazing." But she knew what she was doing as a writer, which very few people seemed to know about. This RP had about 20 main characters. Maybe not that many, but close. It had a lot of relationships in it too. It was about the Yakuza, actually.

I actually have hope for a few roleplays I am in about them actually completing. Or coming close to it.

The most fun and longest RP I've been in yet was completed after a year and a half. The only completed RP I've been in.

It was an RP on Nintendo's Miiverse for the 3DS believe it or not. (I was much younger.) The way it would work on there is a person would make a post for an RP, then people would comment on a post with their characters or whatever. You could have up to 1000 comments on one post before you'd have to start a new post for the RP, but most times you'd never get that far. Our RP, however, had over 120 post for the RP, so over 120,000 comments were made in the RP.

So it was an elemental wolf/fox RP. It started out with about ten of us I'd say. The host, surprisingly, declined being pack leader so my primary character took up the role. The first arc of the story was about my primary character's evil father who had obtained a mind-control element and was seeking the most powerful element known to wolves: Time traveling element. We gained and lost several RPers along the way but the main core of us stayed and it was a lot of fun, as crazy as it could get sometimes. I believe the next arc was about humans doing tests and stuff on some wolves but I wasn't as present for that. One arc with us going to a parallel dimension -my secondary character got his sister back from that. There were many other arcs that I don't remember clearly. Anyway it was a lot of fun and I have lots of fond memories of it. I left the site for a time about 1 year and 3 months into the RP, and when I came back the RP was coming to a close.

It was definitely the best, most fun roleplay I've experienced yet. Nothing has come close in comparison.

Last edited:
Got close but typically I tend to do one x one games and tend to like the story and character development aspects over finding a conclusion so they just tend to amble on until someone loses interest or it just dies.

Took part in a 5 person demon hunter type one years ago and was incredibly fun. Lasted like a week and had something like 300 responses but after two people just disappeared from it, there was no real conclusions. Ended with one of those unsatisfying "everybody died" that felt so wrong I don't really count it as it was forced.

Would definitely like to do another group RP again though. Just need to get settled back in.

Yeah, just one and I have a feeling I got incredibly lucky. It was a dream RP. We posted almost daily and 1000+ word replies weren't uncommon at all (and it was all action and/or character development, almost no useless fluff at all). I think that it worked out because a) it was very well planned, so there was never that dreadful 'oh shit, what now?' moment when you don't know how to continue, b) we got really invested in our characters, c) we made sure something interesting was always happening no mater what, so replying didn't feel like a chore, d) me and my partner became good friends even outside of our roleplay lives.

I think that I'm a better writer now than I was back then, but I have never had a more successful roleplay so far. Here's to hoping that I will get to finish more stories in the future.

Great topic! Loved seeing all these responses. Makes me feel better that completion isn't the norm...

Anyways, all I've completed was a prologue that went in a semi-quest style format. Actually for the rp you're in with me now, Hunter//Hunted.

I once completed this one group RP known as "Reaper: Rebooted". It was basically a rebooted version of a RP (Reaper) that had been created before I had even joined RPNation. It lasted for around... 3000-4000 posts, I believe? I don't think I can find it anymore due to the recent updates of the website, but it was definitely a good amount of posts and content. I don't want to go into too much detail, but the basic storyline was about an organization that had been created known as Weave that protected the world from a species known as Reapers, which were created by an evil force. There were special types of "Weavers" with special abilities like fire, ice, wind, glass, metal, etc. My character was a Fire Weaver, and with it being my first legitimate RP, it was pretty fun, the RP itself having an appropriate amount of plot-twists. Even though it ended up having a sequel, we managed to complete the RP with what I would say is a rather cool ending: My character dramatically walking off into an abandoned city :P

One RP I GM'ed, called GoH (Long over,) actually had a legit ending that could be said to have been averagely satisfying.

That was the only time any of my RPs had a good ending. I am developing measures to increase that number.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back