• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern ──│𝗛𝗔𝗨𝗡𝗧 𝗠𝗘│

neptune.

astrologia.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

haunt me

sea madness

now playing

• info

genre

crime. modern. realistic.

length

300/600 w/per post.

warning

occasional dark themes.

age range

18+

town ref

Nothing ever happened in the arcane little town of Cherish Grove. Nothing ever changed. The fog still lingered upon its architecture like whispers to secret. The shops still all closed at the same time every evening and the sea's madness still seemed to stick to those that stayed too long, cursing them with a certain melancholy that the grove’s residents called, “calypso’s mark.” This was just how Cherish Grove was: myth and moss and a deep, nagging quiet in its center where surely, someday, something ghastly would emerge.

plot

That day came on a friday. Lucas Jonston, a local highschool student, had gone missing. There was no real panic in the beginning; he was a teenager and everyone knew teenagers liked to go missing sometimes. One week passed. Then two. No one had heard from him. The panic really set in. The investigation started and eventually, it ended with eight students⸺who just happened to be bestfriends.

The only ones with a real motive against Lucas, whom had physically assaulted one of the girls from their group after she’d broken up with him and a mere week before he’d gone missing. One by one they were held and questioned, eventually leading in all of them being cleared and free to go. Their last year of school ended with the notion that… Lucas probably wasn’t coming home.

And he hadn’t.

It’s been five years since that time and where four of the eight still lived in the grove, four didn’t. Their once inseparable group had loosened, with some of them still connected while others hadn’t spoken in years. Those that had escaped the sad seaside town probably didn’t want to come back and especially not against their will. Each of the eight receive a subpoena, legally requiring them to be in the town of Cherise Grove for the continued investigation for the murder of Jonston Lucas.

Yes, murder. Not disappearance.

As of September 9th, 2022 the police station received a letter detailing where Lucas’s body could be found, with a single polaroid atop his gravesite; a polaroid of the eight, happy and smiling, in front of a beach house. The subpoena details that the four no longer living in Cherise Grove must return by September 13th and stay for the remainder of the murder investigation. If that wasn’t stressful enough, the eight, locals included, will be made to all stay in the same beach house. And with years of secrets, scandal and tensions between them… that could be the worst thing for them.

your voice, echo the noise. sing me a siren song, mislead me. this is how you haunt me; this is how you haunt me

and the silence finally finds me. if it wasn't for us, where would i be? where would you be?

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
hi hi! tysm to everyone who has submitted their profiles so far! i am 👀 looking & i'm so impressed! we'll close applications on saturday (28/1) so if you'd still like to submit, you've got time ~ then we can get into discord & such.

1674624377924.png
< 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back