• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Harvest Moon: Golden Moon Village

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Flame Demon

Autistic Ace Vampire
Roleplay Type(s)
It's a quiet village with a beach on one side and a dangerous forest on the others side, the only way to reach the mountain where the harvest goddess is is through the forest, though some people live in the mountain area there aren't many since the mine is also located there and monsters often then not roam the area close to the mine.

It used to be a perfect village, but soon people started moving away as the land got dry and nothing grew anymore, the monsters also became more dangerous then before, only a few people remained there, hoping that the village would once again become popular. So they put out flyers in the hope some people would like to move to a remote village to becomes one of the following:
Farmer
Store owner(various needed)
Bathhouse/inn owner
Fishermen
Miner
Carpenter
Blacksmith

Last edited:
Merianne "Meri" Westwynd
Merianne let out a sigh as she wiped a few beads of sweat off her forehead as she finished processing the timber she had to work with. She grinned proudly as she looked over the planks and beams she'd carved from the trees she'd recently cut down. Naturally, she was careful to only take what she needed, to avoid trees animals were using as homes, and to make sure the trees were ready to be cut down, as her father had taught her before his passing. "That should do for now." She said, hopping down from the pile of wood and stretching. Especially since so far, there really aren't that many people... She looked over to the almost-empty town and sighed. She'd been born in this town and lived here her whole life. It was sad to see it deserted like this, even if she understood why so many residents up and left. Poor harvests and the increasing danger from the woods she lived precariously close to are pretty good reasons. She was thankful, at least, to not be alone.

She checked her watch, and smirked before going into her home as she gave a whistle. A second later, a Husky scampered to her, barking as she got into a playful stance, ready to spend some time with her human. Grabbing a boxed lunch from the fridge, she smiled. "C'mon, Stella. I think we've earned this lunch break." She chuckled, the carpenter leaving her cabin with her dog and locking the door tight behind her. Then, the two of them made their way toward town.

Reiji "Reggie" Matsuyu & Gaiden Matsuyu
It had been a slow day at the Blacksmith shop today. Just like every day for years now. With so few people living in this town, it made sense not many folks would be coming by. The village was just shy of being a ghost town. Then again, to Reiji, it was kind of a blessing. Slow days meant he could take his time with things, with there being no rush to complete projects. Most of the metalworking today was just drilling him to become a master smith so he could one day take over his grandfather Gaiden's shop, anyhow. He glanced back at the old man, who sipped his tea as he watched the steel he was shaping into a hammer heat in a furnace. "Bend your elbow a bit more, Reiji." The old timer pointed out, demonstrating with his own arm.

"Right." Reiji droned out in reply, following his grandfather's example as he hammered at the metal on the anvil. "So, about the flyers, you really think people will show?" he asked, not taking his eyes from his work. His grandfather grunted in reply.

"Hard to say. The village has been abandoned a long time, and a lot of it has fallen into disrepair. Many people these days wouldn't think moving in is worth the effort they put into rebuilding or repairing." He pointed out, "Still, perhaps some may come, namely those looking for a quieter life than in those bigger cities. And that'll mean more work." Reiji grimaced at that. "Oh, come on, now, boy, you can't keep shirking from responsibility forever! I won't be around much longer, and -someone- has to run the shop when I'm gone." That... didn't help. Gaiden saw the look on Reiji's face fall.

The clock in the shop's wall chimed, and Reiji looked up to it before reaching to put his hammer down. "Finish your work before you go on break." Gaiden insisted.

"Alright, then..." Reiji grumbled, continuing his work.

"And no complaining!" Gaiden added, "You'll get your hour regardless of when you finish."

Spring 1, weather: cloudy with a chance of rain

Melody sulks towards the backsmith as she looks at her dual blades, dull blades wouldn't get her home to the other side of the forest, so she enters the blacksmith "Excuse me, I need someone to help me fix my weapons." she says, she looks back at the door seeing her pet wolf try to get in "Stay there Midnight, it won't take long." she tells the animal, which promptly sits down while inspecting the somewhat empty town, the mayor is looking at the board with a hint of sadness in his eyes, the only thing on there is a notice that she takes hunting requests, but for that she'd need good weapons.

She moves her cloak a bit to grab her weapons and show them, they were near the point of breaking and she didn't mind sleeping at her brother's house, he told her that, but she preferred her cabin near the goddess spring "I need them fixed before tomorrow max, hopefully today though." she adds, she knows business is slow for everyone, so everyone was taking it easier, but not everything could take a week.
-------------
Alan's sitting at a small cafe, run by a old elderly couple (npcs) and he sighs as he looks at the flyer in his hand, guess most city folk didn't like the thought of living in a quiet town, he scoffs, his parents were among those people, it wasn't his fault they thought the store had to close when it passed down to him or Melody, but he kept it open, though he soon may have to close it, the few people who lived there weren't exactly always in need of new clothes and it cut into his business.

Reiji and Gaiden
Gaiden noticed Melody come in and make her request and stood up to meet her at the counter after checking the timer on the furnace. "Have you ever thought about maybe moving a bit closer to town, Melody?" he asked, taking her blades and inspecting them. "Hmm... really did a number on 'em, but I should be able to fix 'em before closing time. As it turned out, I had some metal cooking in the furnace earlier." He reasoned, taking them behind the counter and placing them on a table. "Let's see, the cost for repairs'll be 1,250G." He stated, walking back to the counter to receive payment. "Just remember to come back for them before we close up."

Reiji simply glanced up to her from the anvil and gave a greeting nod before continuing his work, now nearly complete. Taking a pair of tongs, he angled the metal and finished the point of the pickaxe he was working on before dipping the hot metal into a barrel of oil to quench it. The oil hissed loudly as steam rose from the barrel. He then removed it and set it onto a different table. He let out an exhale and looked to Gaiden. "Gramps, I finished the pickaxe head. I'm headed out for lunch." he said.

"Just make sure you don't forget to come back this time." Gaiden replied, giving him a stern look.

"Oh come on, Gramps, do you really think I'm that la-?" Gaiden raised an eyebrow, and he caught himself mid-question, "Okay, touché. Don't worry, I'll be back on time." With that, he walked out, headed for the cafe.

Reiji and Merianne
As Reiji walked down the cobblestone streets, he looked up at the sky. "Hm. Looks like it could rain... guess that means I can't use my favorite napping space..." he grumbled. "Ah well. I could probably nap by the furnace..."

"Hey, Reggie!" A voice called out, causing Reiji to chuckle and look back over his shoulder as a bark followed. Sure enough, there were Meri and Stella.

"You're never gonna pronounce my name right, are you?" he asked, Meri just shrugging.

"It's close enough. Not like you complain anyways." She pointed out.

The two soon arrived at the cafe, Reiji ordering his usual meal while Meri unpacked her lunch. "So, anything new?" Meri asked as he came back with his meal.

"Nope. You?"

"Same as things always were." She chuckled, "But man, sometimes those logs really don't wanna move. They're as lazy as you are!"

"I better step up my game then." Reiji joked, "I can't very well take pride in the name of Town Slacker if I'm being outdone by a tree."

"Pretty sure if you were any lazier, you'd be comatose." Meri laughed.

"Hardly my fault and I could, but since the mayor banned me from flying near the town I have to go through the forest. And I build that cabin myself." Melody explains and she checks her wallet, frowning when she sees she only has 1.000G "One of them's good too, I don't have that much right now and I doubt I'll get some more anytime soon, unless the store suddenly gets busier, or if my parents send money my way which is even less likely." she says. Her grandparents had left them plent of money sure, but she wasn't going to ask her brother for some so she could get her weapons fixed, it was for the store.
----------
Alan looks at the two and rolls his eyes, of course Reiji liked that the town was nearly empty, never mind that everyone'll run out of business sooner rather then later, he stands up after finishing his drink and walks over to the two "Reiji, be glad you have a job, we get paid when people need something, Melody's a huntress, she relies on requests, now excuse me, I'm going to scour the edge of the forest for extra materials." he says and gives Merianne a greeting nod "And my shops got a few loose planks, last time I picked up a hammer it didn't end so good, take your time though, business is slow and no one will trip over it." and with that he heads off.

Gaiden
"I'll just take a down payment of 500, and you can pay the rest later. I trust ye." Gaiden assured Melody, "I don't want ya goin' in those woods with half-baked weapons." With that, he got to work patching up her blades, pressing the blades into an uncast mold to start with filling in any notches in the blade. With a precision tool, he filled in any cracks and notches before giving the metal time to cool and sanding them to smooth out the blade. As he worked, he seemed to be thinking something over in his head, something that was troubling him.

"So, how's yer brother been?" he asked.

Reiji and Merianne
"I'll take a look at it after I get my tools from my place." Meri told Alan with a smile, Reiji grimmacing a bit at Alan's comment. It wasn't the first time someone was passive-aggressive to him about being lazy, and he never cared what others thought of him anyhow.

"It's not that I don't care about the town." he muttered, "I wouldn't mind if this village was packed with residents and tourists. I just wanna go through things at my own pace. Is that so much to ask?"

Meri frowned. "I get that and all, Reg, but I think what Alan's saying is that we all really need to pitch in to keep this place afloat right now." She said, reaching down absent-mindedly to give Stella a few scritches behind the ears, "You can't blame him for being frustrated."

"I guess not..." Reiji sighed, leaning back in his chair as he rubbed the back of his head.

Last edited:
"He's doing fine, you know, pretty frustrated that the town's like this, but if it had been the big city the shop would've been bankrupt already." Melody says, she takes a flyer from her pocket and opens it "But the big city is holding a market next weekend, so maybe he can sell some clothes there, it would be some income at least.". She puts 500 down and frowns "How about you though? Will you be able to handle business if more people moved here? Reiji isn't the most hardworking blacksmith I've noticed." she asks/says, not that it was busy at the moment, but still, it worried her sometimes.

Gaiden
Gaiden chuckled as he continued to work on Melody's blades. The market would be a good chance for him to make some money too, maybe enough to sponsor the town on bigger news outlets. As for her concern, he simply smirked her way. "I might be old, but I've still got more spunk in me than you youngsters put together." he declared proudly, pausing and inspecting his work thus far. The wear and tear had been patched up. Now to quench them before sharpening and polishing. Placing the swords into a barrel of oil, he thought about the second part of her concern. "He'll pull through when needed. The boy might be a slacker, but he's got a good heart. And while he may not show it, he cares about this town as much as anyone else here." He stated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back