• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Harry Potter: Return to Hogwarts

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Anya shook her head, “No,” she began, “I think some people still just put too much stock into house competition and the way things used to be around here between the houses. Rivalry and such.”

Anya then felt awkward after the whole thing. She could glare right back at her housemates for putting her in this situation but that time had passed. ‘Should have went to Durmstrang,’ she thought to herself, like she did at least once a week.

Feeling the awkwardness growing inside, she blurted out to Cordelia, “Hey, ya know what, I was just about to waste time before dinner.” Feeling as though she had to commit to her outburst, she added (half jokingly), “you want to keep me from cursing someone while I brood about things on my walk?”

"Oh, I see. I didn't realize the houses actually had significance like that. I guess its like football rivalries. Despite being a third year, this is actually my first year at Hogwarts, or uh, any school for that matter. I chose Gryffindor during sorting because I liked the colors and strong mascot. The hat said, uhm, something about being better suited for Hufflepuff but the name just sounded so silly..." Cordelia trailed off because she felt like she had begun to ramble. "Uhm, I'd be delighted to kill time with you. I, uh, wasn't sure what to do to pass the time until the gumbo is ready anyway."

Shakit Shakit

Anya grinned; something about Cordelia, whether it was her straight forward approach or the fact that she would accompany Anya on her walk even after she mentioned cursing people indiscriminately, intrigued her.

And they did walk, for a time, Anya asking about this thing called ‘gumbo’ which she had never heard of before but sounded absolutely delicious.

As they strolled about though, they ran into a girl near the front of the school wearing black glasses, a first-year from the looks of her, Hufflepuff, and seemingly lost. Anya, feeling a tad bad for her approached the girl, “Hey there, you look a little turned around, everything alright?” Anya tried putting on her nicest voice, pitching it up an octave as if that ever worked to appear more inviting.

Anya waved Cordelia over, attempting to be subtle about it and because, admittedly, Anya was not the best with people. She also figured Cordelia might be a little better at this kind of thing, being in Gryffindor. There was never a single Gryffindor that Anya ran into that wasn’t outgoing and boisterous. Although, Anya didn’t exactly interact much with them...at all. And Cordelia did say the sorting hat intended on putting her in Hufflepuff until she asked to be placed in Gryffindor...but still! She had that Gryffindor chutzpah about her. All would work out.

AbustoYonI AbustoYonI TheCoRgiGaL TheCoRgiGaL

Cordelia stumbled after Anya who had noticed and approached a small girl that looked mildly lost. "Hi! My name is Cordelia, and this is, uh, Anya. We're on our way to dinner with the house elves, would you like to, um, join us? If you'd like...?"

Shakit Shakit TheCoRgiGaL TheCoRgiGaL

Austen jumped as the two students approached her.
“Ah! Um.. yes im alright, i suppose im just a bit... lost. Im not exactly sure what i should be doing, you see. I just arrived!” Austen glanced around the castle, wringing her hands together nervously. “Would you mind telling me where the Hufflepuff dorms are?” Then as an afterthough, “And im Austen by the way.” She smiled warmly at the two girls.

“Nice to meet you Austen,” Anya replied with a smile, then added, “and, I could walk you to the Hufflepuff dorms, since you’re new. It’s easy to get lost when trying to navigate this place.”

Austen smiled broadly. These two seemed nice enough! It was better than she had been expecting so far... so the witch simply nodded politely and waited to follow the older girls.

Lillian sat next to a suit of armor, sipping at her tea. In her hand was a book that was well loved, while she swung her foot, only half paying attention to it. A couple ghosts passed overhead, catching her eye, and she stuck her tongue at them as they gave her appearance a disproving look. She had to admit, though, she stood out. While the students and teachers milled around in black robes, she was wearing jeans, and a dark green hoodie that she had unzipped to reveal a Hollywood Undead tank top. Her own robes were folded and sat firmly under her butt. She smiled as the ghosts left her sight and she started humming as she leaned back and got comfortable. Dinner could wait, this was her favorite chapter. (It is dinner time, right? That's what I gathered from the posts.)

Being so close to the entrance of the castle and the great hall, there was a concentration of students starting to make their way to dinner- and this put them close to the Hufflepuff dormitories. “That’s the great hall over there,” she pointed in the direction where all the students were headed, “you’ll want to make your way over there after you’re done in your dorm for dinner,” Anya commented reflexively as she slipped passed a few meandering students. She lead the way through a door in the entrance hall and down the stone stairs that spiraled deep into the basement of the castle.
The hall that the stairs led down to always had a warm feeling to Anya and she was sometimes jealous of how close in proximity the Hufflepuff dorms were to the kitchens that always smelled heavenly.
They came up on a stack of barrels and, as if presenting a prize on a game show, Anya exaggerated her pose, saying, “Voila! Welcome to the Hufflepuff dormitory entrance.” She then relaxed, commenting quickly, “Just don’t get the password wrong. You’ll definitely learn your lesson if you do.”

Ybsynthea raised her wand high above her head, the temperature around her dropped fifteen degrees as she drew her focus. She took in a deep breath and began the incantation. The candles that illuminated the otherwise dim corridor maintained their flames as wind began to stir. Her hair whipped violently around her as she continued, and raised her voice. The storm above picked up its anger, sending thunder echoing far into the night and pelting the castle with heavy rain as if each drop was intending to tear down the old walls.

It had been difficult to reach her destination but Ybsynthea emerged victorious. The path had been sealed expertly seven years ago and required an intense concentration and clarity of mind to unravel and then to practically unearth. She felt as though she had traversed many miles worth of rubble, bone and debris. Upon reaching the final portcullis she breathed a heavy sigh of relief, dusted off her cloak, and spoke the words required to open it, "open". Ybsynthea stepped through the opening, took several steps and stopped, immediately taken by the beautiful corridor. Great sculpted serpents peered down at those who would cross the sleek stone bridge and come face to face with the visage of a great man. She laid out her materials and got to work.

Obtaining the diary had been no small feat and required an incredibly high amount of trust among a now small community of like minded wizards. Fortunately, the girl had wanted nothing to do with it after her short stint of 'ownership' and had given it to the first person to tell her that they would dispose of it properly. From there it had silently passed through the hands of quiet collectors and nostalgic sympathizers, being so careful to not draw any amount of attention from the wrong crowd. Ybsynthea now placed the old broken book in the center ring and began.

Almost finished with the incantation, lightning began to wound the castle, a bolt struck a turret blasting tile, wood, and stone, sending it cascading towards the ground. Another bolt landing in the forbidden forest, starting a fire. The ground shook from impact, windows shattered from the sound, there was no doubt that the students had to be terrified by this point and no one could doubt the magical implications. Elsewhere in the castle, stone broke and crumbled, portions of hallway caved in, and plumbing spew. Ybsynthea thought to herself how much of a shame it would be that there would be casualties, and continued.

Finishing the incantation, the raging monsoon reached its apex, complete with a cyclone having formed in the lake. The Chamber of Secrets glowed an intense bright green originating from the diary now levitating before Ybsynthea. Her patronus had emerged and circled above her; her Death Eater tattoo began to glow as well as eminate a thick, curling smoke. She took steps back as the ground beneath the glowing diary cracked and boiled a sickly green light, the light grew in strength as light sapped from the diary of Tom Marvolo Riddle. A figure began to form and arise, clawing its way out of the ground. The figure stood, and became clear to see as the green light waned, and the candles regained dominance as the main light source of the room. A young man stood upright and strong, exuding an intense aura of unfaltering power. He had short, well-groomed dark brown hair and stood with his dark eyes meeting Ybsynthea's. His pale complexion not detracting from his firm presence but amplifying it as the lightest thing in the room, the candle light glowing off his skin. He stood in his school uniform, appearing no more than 18 years old, although no one who saw him would dare to guess that number to be any where near his actual age. He spoke, "Did you bring my wand?" Ybsynthea, kneeling before him and presenting a beautiful, incredibly long wand, "Yes, My Lord"

Last edited:
Feeling the rumble of the school, Anya fell to the floor before hearing the shattering of rocks around them. The walls and ceiling were cracking along seams that ripped along the mortar between stones. They were coming loose and falling around the girls.

Anya found her feet, and stood despite the rumbling of the school and the earth. She heard crashes of lightening now that stuck the school, shaking the world around them even more violently. Whipping out her wand, she saw a stone above them fall, hurdling towards the girls. She flicked her wand and the rocks exploded into dust, floating harmlessly to the ground. But the stones and debris kept falling. Anya was barely able to keep up with the onslaught of danger that feel around them. The was a loud crushing noise that sounded behind her as she spun to see that the entrance to the Hufflepuff dorms had been smashed under a pile of rocks and wood. Wood splintered everywhere, cutting and slicing into the people around the barrels who were not fast enough to react.

A breath escaped her lips and she could see the white cloud of hot breath on cold air. She knew what this was, but she never thought she would need to use the spell in active combat. Turning to face down the hall opposite of Cordelia and Austen, Anya saw the hoard of dementors that started racing down the hallway through the air. Anya gripped her wand tightly. As she flicked it toward the dementors flying down the hall, she shouted, "Expecto patronum!"

A light burst from the end of her wand and a borzoi charged at the dementors, snapping its jaw together between loud barks before dispersing into a large light wave that filled the hall. The dementors were pushed back and tried fighting against the light to no avail. But this drained Anya as she felt her arm begin to drop no matter how hard she fought, after the dementor threat was dealt with. Cracking continued and she turned around, as if in slow motion. Looking up, she saw a massive part of the castle descend right over Cordelia's head. She knew she wouldn't be able to break apart a chunk that large. Not in time.

Anya darted forward, hand out reached, tears in her eyes, "Move!" She shouted as she pushed Cordelia out of the way of the falling debris. She felt the castle part fall onto her, as she thought in her final moment, 'Damn. Really should have gone to Durmstrang." And then, nothing.

Cordelia fell backwards as Anya pushed her out of the way of the falling debris. She screamed, "Anyaa!! No!" as she watched her new friend get crushed to death. Frantically thinking, and keeping hope for life, she whipped out her wand and tried to free Anya, "Wingardium Leviosa!!". She moved several large rocks only to watch in despair as more rocks tumbled on. After several minutes of shaky magic she managed to clear enough space to see Anya's face. She lay there under the rubble with her head at what couldn't be a natural angle, her eyes open and staring straight ahead through everything, unseeing. Her hair was brown with the dirt of the debris, blood ran down her face and from mouth. Cordelia collapsed at the sight and lost herself. With the castle falling apart around, she regained her wits and realized she should probably leave. She stood up and headed for the front of the castle.

Tom retrieved his wand from the outstretched hands of his new follower. He held it before him to admire its slender, beautifully crafted form. The wand began to emit a mild glow starting from Tom's hand and reaching the tip of the wand. He grinned a snakelike grin, looking from the wand to Ybsynthea, and led her back to the main level of the castle. They emerged in the girl's bathroom, Moaning Myrtle hiding in a center stall hoping neither of them noticed her. Tom ignored the silly ghost girl's presence and continued to lead Ybsynthea. She told Tom of the secret group of Death Eaters waiting for them in one of the castle's hidden rooms and that there were more purebloods that she had discovered through a modified locator spell. Ybsynthea was interested in one in particular because she had gathered form the house elves that she was a pureblood from another country, meaning that the probability of further inbreeding was reduced. They headed to the front of the castle with their newly formed posse, stopping outside the front doors to form their next steps.

Last edited:
On her path to the front Cordelia encountered several dementors. She cast the standard defense spell against them and her patronus flowed gently out of her stubby wand, the catfish glided through the air, repelling them with ease. The effort combined with her emotional state and running caused Cordelia to be short of breath and she reached the front doors just shy of an asthma attack. She tumbled through the front doors to be greeted by the worst possible sight, worse than the dementors.

Ybsynthea brightened even more, "Yes! My Lord this is the one! Cordelia, the French American pureblood". Tom smiled at Cordelia making no real attempt at masking his darkness and appearing only a modicum nicer, "Cordelia, what a lovely name... Dear young one, I imagine you do not truly know very much about me and my vision. I admire you and your lineage and I would be honored if you would join my fellowship. Would you... join us?"

Cordelia recoiled at the horrible man's words. "No! I would never do such an affreux vile thing! I know all about you, and you are nothing to sympathize with!" Cordelia brouhgt her wand up quickly, yelling, "confringo!"

Tom frowned, highly disheartened and sighed, "Well that is just far too bad". He casually flicked his wand at her, sighing again, "Avada Kedavra". Turning to his followers, "Let us go".

Just then, Jax kick-flips in on a skateboard made of magic, wearing sunglasses even in the dimly lit halls of Hogwarts.
"Hey guys, what's going on-BWAH!"
Jax inadvertently intercepts an Unforgivable Curse with his body and dies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back