• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Harry Potter: Return to Hogwarts

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Divination was rather boring that afternoon. Not that it had ever been especially thrilling to Jax, who decidedly lacked 'the gift.' He had taken the time and effort to study and prepare for it every night for weeks in much the same way he would any class but could never master it in any sense. It brought his grade down a bit, further irking him each time he made an unsuccessful attempt at prophesying or devining anything. No, scry as he might, Jax simply wasn't cut out for this side of the magical arts.

The only plus side to the class was that the rain pattering against the windows was quite soothing, especially given that divination required long peiods of uninterrupted silence from the students. It was meditative and relaxing.

For these reasons and more, Jax was more than a tad startled to hear someone call him by name.

"Oh, hello, Anya!" he replied amicably. She started saying something else but was interrupted by the bang and clatter of the storm violently shunting all the windows open, letting in a torrent of wind-whipped water into the room. The professor was unamused at best, if not downright nonchalant, but something felt off. Sinister, even.

Perhaps 'the gift' manifested itself in more ways than one, Jax thought to himself. Nah.

"Strange weather. I thought this morning it was calling for sunshine and clear skies. Guess you can't predict everything but a little warning might be nice. Guess quidditch practice is cancelled, huh? Shame. Slytheran had the field this afternoon. Guess it's back to the library. Want to come?"

Jax started towards the library, unable to shake a sense of impending.... something.

Although she liked storms, Angela grew a bit more worried as this storm just had something off about it. She felt unsettled by it, but who knows, maybe this was just regular weather? She thought about it all through her class, and when it finally finished, headed off to the library like usual. Though on her way there, she saw some older students heading towards there as well. Plucking up her courage, she headed over to them and tugged on one of their sleeves. "Uh, excuse me, I hope this doesn't sound dumb or anything, but..are the storms here this bad usually? I dunno it just makes me feel kinda weird." she rambled.

Cordelia smiled at the reasoning behind the name, "That's really cute and creative". She looked up towards the sky and the dark clouds rolling ever closer. "I guess we should get on to our next classes?" Cordelia asked, not quite sure where to lead the conversation next, and also kind of wanting to avoid getting too wet from lingering too long and getting caught in rain. "What, um, is your next class?"

Last edited:
Aislin looked to the girl who had been polite enough to not run away in the hopes of avoiding a little storm. However, to be fair, the way the earth had a very -- strange vibe coming from it, to say the least. Nevertheless, it was one that she wasn't familiar with and one that she also deemed to not be good. At least, so she assumed anyway. "I do believe I have D.A.D.A. what about you?"

Aislin Moore | Greenhouses | AbustoYonI AbustoYonI

Before she could answer, Jax took off for the library. "Huh, sure," Anya managed before chasing after him down the hall to the library. Catching up with him, she walked beside him, about to ask what he thought of today's class as a means to small talk but she felt a tug on her sleeve.

Anya stopped in her tracks and turned to the younger student that had just asked about the abnormal weather. From the looks of her, she was definitely younger but Anya couldn't tell what year. Anya shook her head before speaking, "This is the worst storm I've ever experienced here. But, who knows, maybe it's just a bad one that we have to wait to pass over." With a small smile, Anya continued, "I doubt it's anything to worry about," she extended her hand to the stranger, "name's Anya by the way."

Jax continued on to the library. Another girl had caught up to him and Anya and they were making small talk. Jax made his way to his favorite spot in the library, in the very back, between the magical histories section and the steamy wizard romance novels. Not that he knew anything about the latter.
He put his bag down and pulled out some study materials.

Cordelia's face lit up, "oh, lovely, we can walk together then, that's my next one, too." She was really happy to know that she and her new friend shared two classes together and felt significantly less alone. "I tend to get a little lost on my way round here. This is actually my first year at Hogwarts and I thinks It'll be some time before I really get familiar with every thing."

Angela took her hand and shook it, "I'm Angela, but feel free to call me Angel or Angie, lot's of people do." she smiled at the friendly girl before continuing on, "I hope it doesn't last much longer, it just feels weird to me."

"Nice to meet you," Anya replied before releasing Angel's hand. She then glanced up to a window before adding, "and I hope this all ends soon too." Anya turned, hand raised to guesture to Jax who was no longer there. "Um," she stammered as she looked around, "and Jax was here just a minute ago but I guess he ran ahead." Anya felt her face grow red from embarrassment- she couldn't believe he just ran off, but, then again, he probably wanted to get a good spot in the library. Location is key when it comes to studies and productive work after all.

Anya turns back to Angel, "Sorry," she began, "guess he wanted to get a head start on his work in the library."

The school was semi-familiar to Aislin. She'd been here for about 2 years straight since she never had to leave to go home, simply due to the fact she didn't really have much of a home to go to. Nevertheless, Aislin smiled and took the girl by the hand and began walking with her down the corridor until they reached the main D.A.D.A room. "Here's this class. I don't know if they replaced the teacher from last year or not."

Cordelia was glad Aislin knew her way around as she herself had never been particularly good with directions outside of her hometowns. Most of the students had already arrived when they entered the room. There was a tall, older, rugged man standing at the front of the classroom, presumably the teacher, He looked kind of tired and mildly Scottish in his flannel coat. His name was sloppily written on the board, P Scholz. Cordelia was excited for this class since it taught about a variety of magical creatures, violent though they tended to be. Professor Scholz was holding a rather tattered, old looking journal and approached the chalk board. He wrote 'Wendigo' in large print near the top of the board and sat down at his desk, leaning back and putting his feet on the desk. With still a few minutes before class started, Cordelia looked around for a place to sit.

After the quick convo with the new face, Anya nodded her farewell and went back to her trek towards the library to study with her Slytherin classmate. She enjoyed the fact that the library provided her a quiet place to work seeing as she was hard pressed to get work done in the Slytherin common room or her sleeping quarters.

Going over all that she had to work on, she came to the conclusion that her main focus for study would be herbology and history of magic. History was not a hard class for Anya but there was so much information she felt that she had to absorb that she put plenty of time into recapping the class each day she had class.

Herbology was another issue altogether. She knew she had to do good in the class but sometimes the information just didn’t click for her. She also found herself quite bored in the class. Being a sixth year, she knew her specialization had stated after taking her O.W.Ls but she didn’t want to neglect the other subjects, knowing each was important in their own way. And one never knew when knowledge of another field would come in handy.

Cordelia stepped out of the classroom and let out a big breath. She'd heard stories about how intense Defense classes had been previously, and, while not worst case scenario, this one definitely put the fear of the boggart in her. Professor Scholz knows his material quite well and has the intentions of making sure every one of his students will as well. He started the class off with a little speech about how we were all very lucky to have our magical capabilities and that there is a significant world population that isn't only not magically capable, but also ignorant. In reference to today's topic, he had us imagine how utterly terrifying it would be to think that it's totally okay to just go way out into some woods with basic camping equipment and think that we'd be perfectly safe; To imagine not knowing the threat of a wendigo and having it slowly pick off your camping group, and then you, and to see it eat you and your friends as you do nothing but watch in horror. But we're lucky because we know of them and we can fight them. For the majority of the class we practiced casting and controlling the Incendio charm.

Vigorously tapping her wand on her forehead as she read through her study materials, Anya felt her focus swaying away from Herbology to the little group of rambunctious fourth years she heard clamoring over a small bit of gossip they heard that occurred after their class today. Someone had gone up to the group and asked them to be quiet already. They apologized and obliged...for five minutes, until the volume of their voices rose again and Anya’s tapping of her wand to her forehead began.

Decidedly fed up with it, Anya gathered her things and began to walk out, walking an aisle down from the group but still passing by them. She flicked her wand inconspicuously and there was a sudden snap of one of the chair’s legs that one of the fourth years was sitting on.

The girl who’s chair had just failed her, tumbled back onto the ground out of her seat and cried out, “what was that?”

Another answered, “I don’t know! I don’t know!”

And with that, Anya walked out of the library with her lips curled into a small, sinister, smile.

Cordelia began her way towards the kitchens. She discovered the Hogwart's kitchens her second night at the school and met the house-elf Winky. Winky seemed like a very sad elf but she was very nice and good company. She and a few others were also very excited to try out her favorite recipes from home. Some of her favorites included crème vichyssoise, flamiche, boudin and andouille with copious amounts of seasoned rice, and loads of crawdads. And honestly anything sweet, pralines and puff pastries being a favorite particularly with tea. With today's increasingly sour weather, Cordelia thought she'd see what Winky thought about making gumbo for the evening. Although it would probably be too difficult to procure okra so they'd probably need to use a french dark roux. In the meantime, it still being fairly early, she'd just grab a po'boy. Cordelia was lost in her culinary thoughts as she made her way towards the kitchen, and it would honestly be surprising if she didn't bump into something or another person along the way.

Cordelia made it to the kitchen, the journey did indeed include several bumped walls and one particularly kind Hufflepuff named Odessa Walker. She had been sweet enough to walk with Cordelia the rest of the way to the kitchen to ensure that she arrived there in one piece. Odessa, or Essy as she told Cordelia her friends called her, was intrigued to learn that Cordelia's venture to the kitchen was because she had befriended a few house elves and was recipe sharing with them. Cordelia told Essy about her split upbringing between northern France and the southern United States. Cordelia had spent her first six years near Delacroix, Louisiana running around barefoot and knowing the names of everyone she ran into during the day. She said that she never minded Lille, where she and her family frequented when she was older because it was her father's home city and still had a significant amount of family there. She just preferred the quieter, more intimate life in Delacroix than the busy city life of Lille. However, the introduction to the classical French cuisine was more than welcome. The boulangeries and pâtisseries were the most perfect bakeries she had ever encountered and always looked forward to them. After their lunch and discussion in the kitchen, they parted ways to continue their day with rest of their classes, agreeing to meet back at the kitchen for dinner around five thirty.

While walking back to the Slytherin common room before dinner, Anya found herself lost in the daily thought of a student; classes, future endeavors, what she was going to do when she graduated.

She saw a couple of housemates in the hall she was walking down. Anya smiled and waved to them when she passed a couple of other students who were tossing around a wizzing light with their wands between each other. There were a small group of students standing around in a circle that were tossing the sparkle and each time one of them caught it with their wand, it would grow slightly in size.

Anya stopped and watched for a minute, enjoying the simple magic trick. Another student from her house, Rory; also a sixth year, came over next to her to watch the show. They engaged in general small talk about classes, nothing especially exciting, when their conversation was cut short at the sound of a pronounced popping noise.

They both looked over and saw that the sparkling light, which had gotten rather big was now splintering off into multiple, smaller sparkles, growing smaller with each pop that multiplied the number of sparkles in the hall. Pretty soon the whole hall was filled with wizzing sparkles. Student scrambled to avoid getting hit with the fiery balls of light that grew chaotic. Rory shouted, “duck!” as he turned and ducked both his and Anya’s head when a wizzing light came flying towards them, only barely missing them as if flew over head.

He looked back over his shoulder at the rest of wizzing lights that bounced around the hall while Anya’s eyes were focused on one particular sparkle that had flown past them that now charged towards another person who was not too far off from them and walking by.

The girl that was walking by had long and wavy orange hair with Gryffindor robes on. Anya could see the sparkle light up what appeared to be the girl’s orange eyes. Anya shouted, “Look out!” to the girl as the ball of light flew at her.

Last edited:
Cordelia had been slowly ambling her way through the halls when she was snapped out of her thoughts by a shout and a bright light racing towards her face. Her eyes widened and she took a step back with a little gasp, the light got close enough to completely illuminate her face when she shouted, "Protego!" and the sparkling light came to a sudden stop against the space before her and fizzled out.

Anya exhaled a sigh of relief as the girl reacted quickly and dispelled the stray, wizzing light. The rest of the lights were then frozen in their tracks and fizzled out instantly as Professor Scholz walked up from the end of the hall towards the students that started the entertainment.

But Anya wasn’t paying particularly close attention to the professor. Instead, she approached the girl with orange hair, “Those were some quick reflexes you’ve got there.”

Last edited:
Cordelia grinned, "Thanks, I'd like to, uh, think that I can defend myself at least sometimes, haha. Not always falling and running into things"

Anya smiled in return, then remembered that morning when she encountered new faces by the greenhouses. She knew she thought the girl’s face looked familiar!

“Hey,” Anya began, starting slowly as it dawned on her, “I met you this morning! At the greenhouse after herbology let out for that period. There was that toad, and that girl, and one of my housemates who kicked that bag....” It was all rather crazy and sudden from what Anya remembered. She then remarked, “Funny running into you again...and, I believe you said earlier your name was Cordelia?”

Anya admitted to herself that it sounded more like a question than she intended. She was terrified of embarrassing herself by misremembering Cordelia’s name.

Austen closed her eyes and reveled in the cool air that settled around her. She could sense the storm that was brewing, and she smiled a bit. Being the superstitious girl she was, she figured it was going to be a good first day. As she mounted the huge stone steps leading to the entrance of the castle, she couldnt help but wonder how she would fit in here. She knew next to nothing about wizards. After all, she had grown up with two very normal parents. The only witch she knew in her family was her great aunt, but she didnt talk to her much.. once inside, Austen relaxed a bit. The soft light let off from the hanging lanterns was comforting. As she looked around, her eyes grew wide. She knew Hogwarts was quite a big place, but she wouldve never imagined something like this. It was open but cozy, the storm and the lighting making it so. The glossy floor was stunning as the lights reflected off of it. Austen tugged at the sleeves of her yellow sweatshirt. She wasnt sure she would be able to get to a restroom from here, much less find the headmaster for her things. When her parents had heard she was accepted into the wizarding school, they were thrilled. They immediately bought the items she would need and sent them here so she wouldnt have to bother with any of that. It was nice, but it really limited her on what she needed to know. She really wished she had a map or something...

Cordelia smiled, "Yes, that's right. I'm Cordelia". She was happy that the girl she had run into that morning for but a brief moment had remembered her. "And you're Anya? You knew that guy, Jax? Very impressive that one."

Shakit Shakit

“Yeah,” Anya laughed, “Jax is an interesting guy, that’s for sure.” Anya noticed the crest on the girl’s uniform. Gryffindor.

She then glanced over her shoulder for only a moment and saw Rory and another Slytherin eyeing her, whispering to each other. The one Slytherin, Isla, pursed her lips as she scanned Anya and Cordelia where as Rory looked nervous, his eyes darting between Anya and Isla. He placed his hand on Isla’s shoulder but she shrugged his hand aside and stormed off. Rory stole a look from Anya and then chased after Isla. Anya knee there was still some animosity between houses, she just didn’t understand why there needed to be anymore.

Then she noticed that the rest of the hall had mostly cleared from the commotion that had drawn Anya there in the first place.

Cordelia noticed a couple of students behind Anya staring at her and Anya. She watched the girl glare at her and stomp off. Cordelia tilted her head to the side and turned her eyes to Anya, "Did I, uhm, do something...?"

Shakit Shakit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back