• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Harry Potter (Original Plot) - The Shade

Quinnigan

I myself am strange and unusual
Hello, friends! So the idea of this roleplay is that we'd be first years enrolling into Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry 20 years after the Battle of Hogwarts. So technically, we'd be going to school with the children of the original protagonists! However, there's a mysterious plague that has hit the school. Plants are dying, students are disappearing into the hospital wing, and classes are being canceled. Here's the official prompt:

Characters A and B are first years at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. As they make friends and learn how to hone their magical abilities, some strange happenings begin to plague the school. Some students claim that the house ghosts are poking through their personal items. The herbology buffs draw attention to the dying grasses surrounding the Quidditch Pitch. Some students have stopped attending their classes altogether.
The prefects are cracking down on curfews, and new rules are being put into place. Something isn't right at Hogwarts, but Headmistress McGonagall isn't about to answer anybody's questions. Perhaps two bright, determined young Wizards can help figure out what's happening here... before any more students go missing.

Alrighty, so onto some of the details:

• Our characters are first years, so technically they'd be eleven. Of course for the purpose of the roleplay their mental ages would be a bit more complex, but keep their ages in mind. If you wanted your character to be in an older class, we could work that out too!
  • Some of the original characters are around; Neville Longbottom is the Herbology progessor, McGonagall is the headmistress, and Hagrid is still the gamekeeper and teaches Care for Magical Creatures. Most of the school rules are the same from the original story.
  • Accuracy to the Harry Potter world is necessary for this roleplay! As far as fandoms go, it's a pretty detailed and beautiful world and I'd like to honor J.K.'s story by keeping the worldbuild the same. Likewise, our characters should be detailed and complex as well! The better the characters, the better the roleplay!

As far as building the plot, I've got the bare bones of the story pretty well fleshed out, but I'd like for us to build the rp together! I like to work with my partner to create a story we can really enjoy! My requests for a partner are as such:

• My usual post isn't that long, anywhere between 1-4 paragraphs (depending on how much there is to write, of course). I'm not big on having to word vomit more text just to meet a long length requirement; it can get boring. However, I like for your replies to be substantial and help drive the plot!
  • Please be descriptive! I like to read what kind of hand gestures your character makes or what kind of expression they make! Complex writing and proper grammar is very important to me!
  • Like I said, please help me drive the plot! Nothing is more of a buzzkill than having someone wander along in the story without engaging it!
  • Both my plot and my characters are very detailed. Again, I'd prefer your character to be well-thought out and complex. It makes the rp so much more engaging and easy to build upon!

So, if you're interested in roleplaying with me, shoot me a PM with a sample of your writing and I'd love to get this story rolling! Have a wonderful day all~!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back