• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Harry Potter -- Makin' some M// Magic! [Lit/Novella]

Elenix

Writing since forever.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
cf79c1e0d26bbc04c58581474524625b.jpg
Every breath he took—it was like fire being poured down his throat.

Howdy! Welcome!

It’s been a while! Creating a new thread in hopes of satisfying an itch I’ve had for a HP RP. I have a horrible habit of being long-winded with these posts, so I'm going to try to keep this as concise as possible (...and hopefully not scare too many people off). Please direct message me if you're interested, do not post in the thread; this is just to keep it simple and clean. If you could give me some information about yourself/your interests, if any of my ideas interest you or if you have ideas of your own, that would be awesome.

Just going to state this write off the bat like the title says: I am looking for M/M currently, I’m not particularly seeking another M/F partner at this time.

Expectations - You & I

18+ - not because I dislike RPing with younger people, but due to mature themes that are explored.
→ I work full time & have obligations outside of RP - I'm usually good for a post every day, if not every other day, but as long as I receive a post or two every week, I'll be happy. In the event something catastrophic arises and I won't be available for a prolonged time I'll let you know.
I am not ghost-friendly; please don't approach for RP if you don't have the care to at least drop a single line saying "I'm not feeling it". That's all it takes. I get sometimes there's a "vibe" clash, or maybe you just really don't feel the RP after starting it. That's okay! It happens! Whatever the reason, that's totally cool, I'm chill and am not the type to take offense, but please be a decent human being and say something before just vanishing. I don't even care if you say something and then immediately abandon the conversation (or remove me from discord, if we add one another): just be a respectful adult and say something.
I fucking love OOC chatter and making friends with the people I RP with. Please don't be shy! I have memes, cookies, a horrible sense of humor that ranges from dark to dad jokes, and I'm prepared to throw it all at you. I also have pets and am willing to bribe RP in exchange share pics of them.
→ I'd prefer RP over discord but happy to accommodate via private DMs on here after setting things up; I can be persuaded to use Gdocs as well.
Small character sheets (like small 'snippets' of character details and basic information; not looking for heavy, in-depth sheets, unless we are RPing pre-established relationships of some kind) are welcome but NOT required! I don't care if realistic pictures are used, anime, or drawn. I'm an open book, throw whatever you want at me or not.
→ I have some ideas (some more in-depth than others) but I will state this once: if you don't love brainstorming and contributing your own ideas, or hashing things out and I'm the one making all the decisions, this will not work out. This is an equal RP opportunity, we both need to contribute!

RP Preferences

I don't want to put a strict word count on this, because length can vary depending on what's happening in the RP. I would instead like to kindly ask for at least 4+ meaty paragraphs. I will probably write more than this, but it’s what I need to feel invested: I want to know your character's feelings, thoughts, and witness the world through their eyes, just as much as I want to explore my own character. I tend to personally lean towards a page or more, with openers and some scenes getting particularly lengthy.
→ I write in 3rd person, past tense; I'd prefer the same in a partner, but as long as it's not first-person perspective that should be fine!
Romance is a must of some kind. Not saying it must be forced, but it's an element that I enjoy to the fullest extent. This won't be the entire focus of the RP (usually), but it'll absolutely be a strong element.
My main interest is M/M, however I am also open to a questioning/potentially transitioning character.
→ I tend to RP more dominant male characters, but am open to a switch relationship; I like characters with a broad range of personality types, and will have a variety of flavor (via side characters, “NPCs”) that will be added.
→ I am open to pursuing settings in a variety of eras: pre-maurader’s era (like right before it), maurader’s era, golden trio, or a future timeline. I am not open to the Fantastic Beasts Era, my apologies.
→ I am 100% down to exploring a different school! That’s right: doesn’t have to be Hogwarts. In fact, it might be kind of fun to either create our own or embellish one that isn’t well-explored.
→ I am open to following canon, ripping it apart (AU’s, different outcomes/futures/deaths). I am also primarily looking for an OC x OC partner, or potentially one of the HP kids in the future (Teddy Lupin, Louis Weasley) - either works for me.

If you’re craving Wolfstar or a Draco x OC pairing, I may be open to it if you have a plot that you just cannot put down and I find it intriguing enough.

RP Hooks - Plot Ideas & Bunny Quotes
Again: aside from a few of them, most of these are generic ideas that need to be further expanded on. If you aren't interested in deep-diving, then these aren’t for you. "Bunny quotes" are just that: short quotes meant to inspire plot bunnies related to the HP universe that we can branch off on together. If one grabs your interest and you have an idea, let me know!

MC = My Character
YC = Your Character
Character A/Character B = Interchangeable roles.

• Inspiration Prompts
    • "It's simple, really: you do what I say and we'll both survive."
    • "You shouldn't have seen that, now what do I do with you?"
    • "I didn't want this, you didn't want this, but here we are."
    • "During the war, many muggleborns discontinued their formal education at school. You’ll be assigned a mentor to help you get caught up.”
    • "You’re a pureblood—and you’ll marry one!”
    • "It was an accident - I didn't mean to turn you."
    • "Beauty and the beast."
    • “Due to your ill-begotten ways, you’re being transferred to another major school for witchcraft and wizardry.”
    • “Even if you weren’t a death eater, your parents were—you’re just as bad as the lot of them.”
    • A curse that was intended to ward someone off has the opposite effect: now they can’t stand not being around one another.
    • Just a little drop of love potion.
    • Two students make an Unbreakable Vow to one another, unaware of its consequences that come back to impact them later.* (Plot idea for this one—see “Damned If You Don’t”)
    • A muggle has been in love with their strange, yet charismatic friend for some time. That friend who disappears and has the most curious things happen around them. They never dug too deep as to why they were different—until now.
    • “I don’t need a partner,” argued the tenured auror. He’s given one anyways. A rookie.

Pairing Themes
    Please note the listings below are can apply to any timeline in the HP universe, I’m not too picky on the setting.

• Teacher/Student (or Master/Apprentice)
    • Shop Owner/Employee
    • Student/Student (same year or not)
    • Dark Wizard x Good Wizard
    • Afflicted Wizard (werewolf, vampire, cursed) x Newly Turned Wizard; or “Normal” Wizard
    • AU A/B/O Elements (tastefully done)
    • Marriage Law/Arranged Marriage
    • Pure Blood x Mudblood/Muggleborn

Canon Characters
    • Draco x Harry
    • Sirius x Remus
    • Tentatively Draco x Hermione, this is a rare M/F pairing I'm usually down for, if the plot's good enough. I would be RPing Draco as preference in this.

That's all, folks! Message me if anything caught your interest! I am completely flexible with every plot I suggested, whether you just liked portions of it or it inspires an idea of your own. I'm friendly and looking to make some RP friends.

Attachments

• cf79c1e0d26bbc04c58581474524625b.jpg
    cf79c1e0d26bbc04c58581474524625b.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back