• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Harry Potter: Hufflepuff and Slytherin

It was the 1st of September, 10.45 a.m, and Mason was standing on platform nine and three quarters, excitedly waiting for the Hogwarts Express to arrive. He was at the very edge of the platform, craning to peer out at the tracks in hopes of seeing the train arrive for the first time in his life.

"Mason Vanyo! Get back here right now, it is far to dangerous over there." He heard his mother shout.

He sighed and made his way back over to where his parents were waiting with his things. They'd insisted on seeing him off, but Mason didn't mind too much, he loved his parents more than anything. And though sometimes he wished that they'd leave him alone, today wasn't one of those times. He'd grown up in the wizarding world, he knew all there was to know about Hogwarts, but he was still nervous. He stood by his parents, watching the other kids who would soon be his classmates milling around and wondering which ones might end up being his friends.

Costia was sat perched on one of her trunks, sketching what she saw around her. It was hard to suppress the excitement bubbling in her stomach. She was about to go to a school where she'd learn magic, it was crazy, it was amazing and it was almost unbelievable, almost. A few of the other kids on the platform were looking at her funnily, and so were some of the adults for that matter, she figured it was because they'd never seen a normal pen and paper before. She couldn't believe that there were people for who magic was just a normal, unquestioned part of their lives, but she knew that after a few years she could very well end up just like them. Costia was interrupted from her musings by the sound of a steam engine, and a bright red train came in to the station. She hopped up excitedly, grabbing her things and running over to the train.

"Our adventures about to begin." She grinned wildly at her owl, Athena.

Hazel weaved through the crowd, she had left her mother and father behind as they said she'd be fine on her own from there.

She was glad however, she felt like she could do this on her own or at least she hoped. She stood in a sea of unfamiliar faces and looked around, a cat weaved between her ankles looking up at everyone with a piercing yellow stare. As the train pulled up the blonde haired girl gathered her things and moved towards the door, she felt herself getting jostled about.

Hazel managed to get aboard and moved through the narrow car, seats filled up so quick it could make her head spin. Someone ran into her so hard she dropped a majority of her things,

"Watch it First year!" Called a tall boy in annoyance, Hazel's black cat whirled around and hissed at him in the reply, his fur on end. She reached down and pet the cat smoothing his fur.

"My apologies! She called over her shoulder.

"Don't worry about it, Sage." She whispered gently to the cat as she collected her things.

She found one empty cart and quickly took a seat with a sigh, she rested her head back and closed her eyes, 'I am a disaster.' She thought not sure if she wanted to laugh at herself or hide from everyone from humiliation.

Silas was prepared for everything, after his parents explained it all to him he felt that Hogwarts was destiny. He still halfway furious with his parents, the fact they hid their lives from him. What other lies was he unaware of?

As the train pulled into the platform he felt a small smile come across his lips, his heart raced within his chest. He looked around at everyone who spoke excitedly he could feel the pure energy of the eager. His small owl flapped it's wings, seeming to also be happy for this new adventure.

As the train slowed and students rushed in, he didn't force himself inside, instead he waited until the congestion cleared up.

Stepping inside, he looked around seeing that nearly all the cars were full.

He walked slowly and carefully through the narrow train, he got lucky when he found an empty car across from a blonde girl who seemed out of it. He chose the empty one of course and sat down.

He sat his owl down beside him and looked out of the window waiting for the train to move. He listened to everyone shuffle around getting situated and sat down before they would finally leave the platform.

Mason said goodbye to his parents, hugging them both. Both of them were teary eyed, and for a moment he felt guilty about leaving them. He was an only child, so without him around it would just be his parents alone in their large manor. But he'd been waiting for years to finally going to Hogwarts, over the last years he'd even started crossing days off on the calendar, counting down to this day. He knew that his parents would miss him, and he'd miss them, but he wouldn't miss out on going to Hogwarts for the world, which is why he'd steadfastly refused his parents offerings of homeschooling.

"I'll be okay, guys, Don't cry, please, It will be Christmas break before you know it." He said, even though he was wiping away tears from his own eyes.

He grabbed his trunk and his cat's carrier, and turned towards the large scarlet steam engine. He took a moment to stare up at it, reminding himself that this was real, he was finally going to Hogwarts, and then he stepped carefully onto the train.

The train corridor was full of other students, some towering above him, all scrambling to find their friends and a cart to sit in. He started walking through the mass of other students carefully, but apparently not carefully enough because he collided with another student.

"Persephone, shhh." He silenced his cat, who was now hissing in her carrier "I'm so sorry about that, do you need any help?"

The girl he had bumped into looked about his age, with dark skin, light eyes and frizzy hair, and most of her things had fell to the ground.

"No thanks, I've got it covered." Costia answered the guy who'd just bumped into her.

She lifted her trunk up and met the guys eyes, looking him up and down with an evaluating eye. He looked like a first year too, judging by his height and his lost expression. His dark curly hair looked like he's been running his fingers through it, probably due to nerves, and Costia took pity on him and introduced herself.

"Honestly, It's fine, don't look so nervous, nothings even broken." She said, tucking her sketchbook into the crook of her arm "Are you a first year too?" She asked, and the boy just nodded.

"Right, well we should probably find somehwere to sit before everywhere's full." She said, turning around and beginning to walk on "Are you coming?" She laughed slightly, noting that the boy hadn't moved, and he nodded and began to follow her.

Costia was right about the cart's filling up quickly, they had to walk to the very end of the train just to find one with two empty seats.

"Hey, mind if we sit here?" She asked, sliding the door open and walking in and sitting down without waiting for an answer, the boy she'd ran into in the corridor following her apprehensively. She took a look around the cabin, the two other people seated in it looked young as well, probably first years, one of them was a sweet looking blonde girl and the other was another dark haired guy.

"I'm Costia, and you guys are?" She introduced herself.

Hazel eyed the two other's curiously, she had eyes that seemed to dance in their own sort of way. She made room and her black cat emerged from under her seat and looked at them with large yellow eyes. He flicked his tail evaluating them, it was as if he were protective over the small girl,

"My name is Hazel," she said softly, sitting up a little straighter, she swore the girl before her had skin that seemed to glow, the boy beside her seemed tall for his age. "This is my cat Sage!" She said picking up the creature and putting him in her lap. He seemed unphased either way. She stroked his head and looked towards the other boy. Hazel seemed to radiate excitement, nervousness and childlike curiosity that was charming, Sage hopped down, he was supposed to be in his cage but she couldn't care to see her dear cat locked away. He rubbed his long, black, silky body against Costia and Mason, purring loudly. Hazel smiled, "I guess he likes you both!" She rested her fingers on her chin and made a face, "Which is...unusual, he doesn't take to anybody that quickly." She clarified.

Silas shifted, attention now on himself, he smiled genuinely, "My name is Silas, it's a pleasure to meet you all." He looked at Costia, she had wild untamed hair, and the brightest eyes he'd ever seen. She even had slight freckles over her nose that gave her a childish innocence. He moved so that the two could join himself and Hazel. He sat up straight, well manured and attentive.

"Are you all first years?" He asked assuming so, they all had a sort of look in his eyes that seemed to almost give it away. He watched at Hazel's cat hopped down and began rubbing against everyone. He had an owl that was in it's cage beside him, occasionally it would make little chirps and flap it's little wings, it was a small owl. He wasn't even entirely sure what sort of owl it was..only that his mother insisted it was the right one.

(Sorry if that's shorter then normal! I've been so busy!)

Mason shifted in his seat slightly awkwardly, both out of nerves and to make room for the cat now wandering over his lap. He'd been avoiding eye contact until now, but he looked up when the girl, Hazel, started speaking in a light, pretty voice. Her eyes seemed to dance and the sunlight streaming through the windows reflected off of her blonde hair, illuminating her in soft light. He tentatively reached out to pet the cat now nestling on him.

"She's cute. I'd let Persephone out of her carrier, but she'd be more likely to scratch everyone in here." He said, a little nervously "Oh, I'm Mason, by the way." He added, realizing completely forgotten to introduce himself.

It felt strange, to actually be sitting in the place he'd always dreamed of, and actually speaking to people his own age, at least ones who didn't seem to be snobby and almost rude, like some of his parents friends children, or who weren't immediately sucking up to him due to his parents status as one of the few remaining wealthy, pure blood families still around. He could feel excitement bubbling in his chest, and it almost overpowered his nerves.

"I'm Costia. Strange name, I know, you don't have to say it." Costia answered, used to some of the children at her old primary school making fun of her for it "Then again, I wouldn't say Silas is any better." She smirked

She looked up at Silas, his ice blue eyes were intense but kind at the same time. She was glad that the first people she'd ran into on the train seemed friendly enough, she was in too much of a good mood to have to deal with anyone rude right now. Not that even that could put her in a bad mood right now, she doubted. Still, she kept her sketchbook tucked neatly under her arm in case the train ride turned out terrible,drawing always gave her a way to escape reality if she needed to.

I'm a first year, and he certainly seems like a first year." She smirked "What about you two?"

(It's fine! Sorry if mine is short and/or awful too, I'm half asleep right now to be honest.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back