Hard to fill cravings?

karmacrushh

Hey!

I've been running into this a lot lately in that I have some really specific interests that don't seem to be shared by absolutely anyone :/ It's a little bit discouraging, because I'll occasionally get a bite or I've seen it posted about before, but I can never find someone active in the same things fandoms that I am. Besides being patient, and whatnot, how do y'all with obscure or rare cravings get them filled, if at all? And every time I submit a post to one of those rping tumblrs, the blog goes on like a week long break so it takes two weeks for my ad to even get posting ;-;

For example: I'm dying, like might be actually dying (I'm exaggerating I know), for a Watchmen rp, and I've seen ads featuring that but they're literally months old. But I'm not sure if I should contact them or whatnot.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's no harm to be done in shooting them a PM. If you get a few together, you have enough for an RP. :P

I can't PM anyone yet, would it be annoying if I commented on the thread? It's from all the way back in April. (I'm not sure if people on here get bothered by someone digging up an old thread).

It isn't really encouraged. You may just want to hold off until you can PM - 3 posts and however many hours to go! :D

It's not surprising really. The more niche and obscure the interest is, the smaller the audience for it actually is. I'd generally say to look for a website that caters to your own interests and try to talk about it in a forum there, you might find people who could be interested.

Otherwise you have to find someone who shares your interest and stick to them! At the very least, someone who wouldn't mind getting to learn your interest and might be interested into them.

It's a frustrating issue for a lot of people, but don't give up. There's always someone who shares your interest somewhere, especially on the internet.

Hold out hope! I found a partner and we have a giant 300 page pm rp going. Trial and error is really the only way.

karmacrushh said:
Hey!
I've been running into this a lot lately in that I have some really specific interests that don't seem to be shared by absolutely anyone :/ It's a little bit discouraging, because I'll occasionally get a bite or I've seen it posted about before, but I can never find someone active in the same things fandoms that I am. Besides being patient, and whatnot, how do y'all with obscure or rare cravings get them filled, if at all? And every time I submit a post to one of those rping tumblrs, the blog goes on like a week long break so it takes two weeks for my ad to even get posting ;-;

For example: I'm dying, like might be actually dying (I'm exaggerating I know), for a Watchmen rp, and I've seen ads featuring that but they're literally months old. But I'm not sure if I should contact them or whatnot.
What I do is I try to compromise. I look around for rps that similar first. If that doesn`t work, then I try to get what in that fandom/rp idea it is that I absolutely want to have, and then try to mix it with ideas that seem more popular with specific partners or people in general. That way we both get to do the thing we like.

My problem is finding someone with the same interests. It's hard to compromise when you can't even find someone who knows what it is. I would love to compromise, but there's no one to compromise with.

I know there's someone who shares my interests, but my interests really aren't THAT obscure except for maybe one, so I'll just wait and see if someone bites.

Heh, I've seen a few Watchmen roleplay searches over the years (none recently).

That unsated crave feelings is awful. I've had the unfortunate tendency to always wants obscure fandom rps. Last fandom I was into, I joined the fandom just in time for it to whither and die.

Also, I wanted to do a particular pairing. The craving started about... 12 years ago. Still there. It's okay, you'll only die on the inside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back