• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Halo RP needs players

Kyero

Three Thousand Club
Hello everyone, Kyero here.

I have recreated an RP that slowed down and unfortunately perished due to a combination of lackluster involvement from other players and the semi-faulty notification system that has been plaguing everyone on this site for the last couple of weeks (or more).

The RP can be found here: Halo: Limits of Power

It is a detailed RP, so if you are a more casual player but are still interested then I will politely request that you proceed with caution.

The RP's lore is not very dense, so more casual Halo fans should still have fun with it.

The RP borrows from the traditional Halo lore which I will presume everyone understands to at least a basic level going in such as what a SPARTAN super soldier is and at least a couple basic elements of the weapons and enemies like the Flood and Covenant.

However, the RP itself is not so simple when it comes to character creation.

My own character will serve as the example of what I expect from those who wish to join this RP. It's a bit daunting, I know, but it is nothing which you should believe yourself incapable of matching. With time, patience, and dedication, you can make a character more detailed than mine.

Here is my character as the example of what I expect from everyone in terms of depth and content volume: SPARTAN-040 Linde

The RP itself has a wealth of content to explore and familiarize yourself with if you are relatively unfamiliar with the Halo franchise.

There are numerous primary Settings and Locations, Weapons and item information, a list of Organizations and their respective figures of authority, a Gallery of images depicting the primary worlds we will be visiting along the way, and a page for the Rules of the RP.

The rules for the RP are a bit intense, but do not be disheartened by what you read. The rules are strict because I need them to be, not because I want to put you in a box. I know it might not feel that way at first, but I promise there's a good reason. Some role-players like to talk big and create a profile, and then they just drop out without any warning or reason. Such players are a waste of time and space, and these rules will deter such players from joining so that the rest of us with real determination and dedication to see the RP through can enjoy it to the fullest.

I hope I haven't frightened anyone away with all of this "detailed" description. If you have questions about anything in the RP, feel free to ask me and I will answer any and all questions that you have regardless of how many there are. Ask any of the role-players in my other RP's and they'll all tell you that I love questions!

Thank you for your time, and I hope to see some new faces in the RP soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey would I be able to reuse my Spartan from the other? I really liked him.

Atom said:
Hey would I be able to reuse my Spartan from the other? I really liked him.
Honestly I'd prefer all new characters.

The reason Linde is the same is because she (as well as her character background) is central to an important story arc later in the RP and I need her around. But other than that I'd prefer all new characters for this version as it's going to play out a bit differently than before.

Aw darn

I didn't even get to use him much at all or delve into his personality hardly any...

Well

Good luck then, I wouldn't be able to join with a new character, I put so much work into the other, got attached to it, it'd just seem like betrayal to replace him. Just doesn't seem fun leaving him unresolved and all...

Atom said:
Aw darn
I didn't even get to use him much at all or delve into his personality hardly any...

Well

Good luck then, I wouldn't be able to join with a new character, I put so much work into the other, got attached to it, it'd just seem like betrayal to replace him. Just doesn't seem fun leaving him unresolved and all...
Agreed, a character you have gotten attached to and have not completed is a feeling like betrayal after replacing him/her with another character is like a cliffhanger that is never filled, pretty sad >__>

[QUOTE="Sadist Onion]Could I play an ONI spook rather than a Spartan?

[/QUOTE]
So long as your role is of a civilian type character instead of a combative soldier type character then I have no problem with it. An intelligence officer who's job is to do the dirty work behind the scenes rather than fight up front is something we could use.

Well, she would have combat training, but it would by no means be the focus of the character. And ONI personnel aren't civies, so she'd be in the UNSC military, just not a front line combat soldier.

[QUOTE="Sadist Onion]Well, she would have combat training, but it would by no means be the focus of the character. And ONI personnel aren't civies, so she'd be in the UNSC military, just not a front line combat soldier.

[/QUOTE]
Very well.

Also, a little side note, I smiled when I saw the note about combat, gritty, brutally realistic combat is something I've been searching for in an RP for the longest time. I'll start on my character sheet presently!

[QUOTE="Sadist Onion]Would it be alright if I made her a sort of Veronica Dare like character?

[/QUOTE]
I must openly admit I'm not entirely familiar with the character. I looked her up though and her character seems very simple. Is there anything about this character which I should worry about as far as taking them out of the shadows and forcing them into the spotlight on the battlefield?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back