• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Halloween 2015: Spooky Story Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can my post in the campfire thread be longer? I kind of want the final, full version to be the one everyone sees.

What would be the best file format? I'm using OpenOffice, so I can save it as multiple filetypes, and want it to be something the judges are able to open.

Just so I get this right - Prose means I can essentially write like one would do for a bock, right? No need for rhymes or a particular structure?

Sunbather said:
Just so I get this right - Prose means I can essentially write like one would do for a bock, right? No need for rhymes or a particular structure?
"Prose is a form of language that exhibits a grammatical structure and a natural flow of speech rather than a rhythmic structure (as in traditional poetry)."

In a nutshell: Yes, that is correct.

@ToteMaus

I'd rather you post the same version as you submitted for the contest, but I'm not gonna make a face if you add the long version in too, under a spoiler or something.

@TheDox

Rich Text Format (.rtf) will be fine.

I have an idea, but I'm not sure if it falls into the general Halloween kind of thing. I find the idea of my story very uncomfortable though, so I may join regardless, hehe.

Hmm... Do you guys have any phobias, or anything that makes you feel... uneasy? And if so, what is it if i can ask...? (>u>)

I'm just asking... y'know, just curious n' stuff...

Yeeeea... >:3

USE ALL THE PHOBIAS TO SPOOK 'EM

1121885.jpg

I will fail! But i'll try anyway! (> :D )

Last edited by a moderator:
ooh a scary story eh?

This will be fun but quick question level of gore/descriptive gruesomeness or limitations?

Want to make sure not to traumatize ^_^

Are fellows allowed to enter? If so, would it be alright if I used a story I posted on a different website?

I'm glad that I'm not looking at the campfire thread so i dont take Ideas. though, I think I need to cut a TON out of my story since i'm almost at 1,000 words xD

[QUOTE="Fantasy Crazy]Are fellows allowed to enter? If so, would it be alright if I used a story I posted on a different website?

[/QUOTE]
I would assume so. After all, I think it's open for whoever wishes to spook me and the other judges and all of RPN for that matter.

Ohhh man. I've always been super scared of horror, but I've been getting more into edgy/creepy stuff lately...

Perhaps… Perhaps I shall join in the spooky. It's that time of the year, after all~

Mordecai said:
Future competitions will also get special badges, but at this time, we are not planning any additional Halloween-themed competitions. Unfortunately, we just don't have enough staff to run and judge multiple competitions at once.
Ah. Forgive meh. I'm proving myself to be ever more internet-inept as we speak. xD

EDIT: See? I even accidentally quoted the wrong post. ;-;

Last edited by a moderator:
Skychild said:
Hmm... Do you guys have any phobias, or anything that makes you feel... uneasy? And if so, what is it if i can ask...? (>u>)

1121885.jpg

(Yes, I feel overexcited and this is my third post in a row, I know)

BUT YUSSSS I love Hyperboly and a Half. I love it alot. :3

Skychild said:

1121885.jpg

I'm afraid of cows. I love spiders, snakes, and small places.

Im gonna need help by one of my fellow friends here..It seems i'm writing a bit more then I should and I cant narrow it down to 1,000 xDD

[QUOTE="Fantasy Crazy]Are fellows allowed to enter? If so, would it be alright if I used a story I posted on a different website?

[/QUOTE]
That's fine. I'm assuming you own the story though. :P

[QUOTE="Bob Brawler]I wonder, would a Slasher be spooky enough... or should i go with the supernatural?

[/QUOTE]
Whichever you prefer!

Do you have any super descriptive sections or collections of words that you could narrow down? Sure it may reduce the vividness, but perhaps you could find some long obscure word to fit the idea? I've found that that's super effective.

I've been trying, I eraced my last piece cause it seemed too...childish. So I changed it up and its good but I have too many words! xD

Perhaps try to dissect sentences?

The child's eyes began to slowly blacken and their mouth curl up in an abnormally thin and wide open mouthed grin. It's skin began to split and conjoin into a large fluid mass.

It's eyes turned ebony and it's lips began to curl around it's head while it's body began to do the same.

You could even change the image being portrayed to help shorten it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back