• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Guns Hidden Under Our Petticoats {Mature}

"Thanks for calling my hot doll"

He said with smile as she was kissing his neck.

When she was kissing his neck another girl came by with a guy Kira's thought was "wow another sucker huh" he thought for a moment while smirking, his thought was wow this girl has some good tactics to get men to pay up doesn't she everyone just wants my money or my body I hate people like that. He thought a little upset but he got over it quickly.

"Well mostly everyone I know doesn't stay around me to long because I attract to much attention"

He said referring to cops and other drug dealers who are usually after him. But he would always take them down to hell easily.

When she was smoking Kira looked at her while trying to keep the smell of the cigarette away from him until she was done and started to drink, thinking wow why does she do this to herself she's a beautiful woman any man would be glad to have her. So he just let her do what she wanted for now.

"If you need money just ask I'm a nice guy you know and I'll help out a beautiful woman any time"

He said taking out some money and giving it to her with a smile that just made him look way more attractive then ever and sat back lifting the girl cling to him.

@Alisonxo

Lexi had been called beautiful by lists of people. Starting with her parents. They used to call their little girl the "perfect princess". The 11 year old that wore a knee length dress with a bow in her hair. Now she was used to having grown-ass men with wrinkles down to their knees calling her their beautiful slut as they admired her thin thighs, flat tummy and juicy ass.

She looked up at Kira, a confused look forming with her eyebrows, and her eyes squinting.

"I don't understand- you pay and I dance"

Lexi mumbled, but got distracted by the money to which she took off of him without thinking twice. She jumped up, her small feet cruelly meeting the splintered porch, and brought the money into the kitchen.

The kitchen was battered. The stove, although only used by Kaide, had pots stacked high. The fridge, with its harsh illuminating light that blinded you at 2am, was empty, apart from a few beer cans and some leftover pizza. The tiles were covered in spraypaint. Beautiful paintings, to which Lexi had done herself. Biscotti was left on the table that set in the kitchen. A smile crept on Lexis lips. "Damn, Kaide. You amazing bitch." She mumbled, as she took a bite of one of them.

Standing on her manicured tippy toes, Lexi reached for a large jar on top of the fridge. It had a few coins in it. Removing a red thong from the lid that had been thrown there after a wild night, she opened the lid. She stuffed the wad of cash to it. She then took another gulp of leftover beer that was on the counter. The counter that had had many people on top of it. She smirked.

She sauntered back out onto the porch, to where Kira still sat. She didn't feel guilty whatsoever, however, her cutesy, innocent act was gone. Instead, replaced with a strong stance.

A fierce smile was stitched to her face, as she rubbed her eyes, dark sparkly eyeshadow sprawled onto her hands. As usual.

She plopped back down onto the red leather couch, to where she went back to where she was sitting.

"You can still stay if you wish."

She mumbled, feeling into the sides of the couch. She found what she was looking for, a rolled blunt, ready to go, in a plastic baggy.

"Blunt, baby?"

Last edited by a moderator:
"It's for you okay"

He said with another smile.

After Kira handed Lexie the money she went into the house and he could here someone moving around inside the house it was probably Lexie going to stash the money. He felt kind of bad for her because she was doing this to herself but at the same time she had nothing to do with him so he wondered why he felt bad.

But she came out again and sat on the red leather couch again with a plop and started looking for something inbetween the cushions. He looked over to see what she was trying to get and she pulled out a joint and asked him if he wanted some of it.

"Sorry the only thing I don't do is smoke" he said while sitting against the rail on the steps facing her.

"Well aren't you a fucking angel pie"

She said, stuffing the blunt back where it was. Instead, she pulled out yet another cigarette, and sat it between her plump lips. She lit up again, and put a hand to her forehead, massaging her temples.

"So, you didn't want a dance. How come?"

She asked, tracing imaginary lines up and down her thighs. Her blue eyes intensified as she heard another gun shot from three streets away. She shuddered, shaking her head.

She took another drag. This is your life now. You chose it. No more running back to mammy and daddy. You have the money. You have it. Now do what ever you fucking please.

She reassured herself of her safety, before drooping her shoulders.

Nah fuck that. Let them hurt me, I bloody well deserve it.

"Yep you can count on that sweet cheeks"

He said smiling a little. So he pulled out a little bag of rainbow colored pills and took one usually these pills will affect you even if you have one but Kira had so many he can stand one at a time to a certain degree. And looked back at Lexi saying.

"I didn't want one because your beautiful and deserve better"

He said as he scratched the tatto on his back since it was fairly new and got it about 3 days ago so it would still be a little itchy on him. When he heard a gunshot from a couple of streets down and reached into his coat pocket and gripped his modified glock just waiting, thinking if they're after me I'll have to protect her with my life. He thought while staring at her thinking a little.

Lexi sat upright as he scratched his back, she saw a glance of ink and a smirk creeped upon her lips.

"May I take a peek, darling?"

She asked, tapping her nails against the couch.

She loved tattoos. She had a foot tattoo, that she had since she ran away. She had gotten it as soon as she ran away, as a sign of her rebelling. A lady dosnt get inked? Kiss my ass.

She noticed him reach for a weapon in his pocket, and raised an eyebrow.

"Scared?"

She whispered, mockingly opening her eyes wide and putting her mouth in an o shape.

She took another drag, closing her eyes once again.

Kira saw Lexie get a smile on her face for some reason and he let go of his gun and took his hand out of his pocket saying.

"Sure go ahead, sweet cheeks"

He said as he turned taking his shirt off and setting it off to the side to show her his new tatto that covers most of his back. His first tattoo was on the back of his neck when he ran away from home, swearing he'll never go back to that place again.

"I'm not scared just trying to protect you, me and that other girl in the house"

He said as he looked around the neighborhood, it was about to rain but he could walk in it later it didn't matter to him at all.

She got up off her couch once again, taking another drag and puffing it away from his face. She admired the large tattoo, running a smooth hand over the one on his neck, careful to not touch the newer one.

"That's adorable. But no one is going to touch us. We're too sweet"

She admired his tough back muscles and was tempted to touch the new tattoo, but decided against it. Infections and all that.

"So what's the story behind it, if you care to tell. But it looks like it's about to shower, so why don't you come on inside.."

She muttered, standing up and finishing off her cigarette. She threw it once again onto the patio and put a hand out for him to grab.

"My friend made food, I'm sure she won't mind.."

She muttered, batting her eyelashes.

William watched Rachel, Matty, and Kaide leave. He nodded once to Malia before turning around and heading to his own shack. Pushing the door open, he headed toward his bed and eased down onto it, sitting with his elbows on his knees and taking several deep breaths. Will reached down to remove the Taurus 9mm pistol from his waistband, once again checking to ensure the safety was on before placing it on a nearby end table. After cleaning himself up and scrounging around for clean clothes, he ended up donning an dark green tee shirt, black belt, and his pair of Salomon hiking boots. He then reached over to grab two items to string around his neck: a silver-and-gold St. George's medallion and a pair of Army-issue dog tags. Hiding both under the collar of his shirt, he rubbed one hand over his face before going to work.

After the morning he'd had, Hendrix was desperate to shoot up. The high was considerably more intense, a welcome fact at this point. However, clean syringes were in short supply. He'd have to settle for snorting a few lines. Will dipped into his stash for two small "rocks" of hard-packed tan powder, crushing them up and slicing them into lines with practiced efficiency, using only a butter knife and a credit card. It was a meticulous process, but one he'd become exceedingly good at. He snorted them up with an old fast food straw, cleaned up, and turned to the door. He hesitated, stopping to stuff the Taurus into his waistband and a folding tactical knife into his pocket.

By the time he was a few steps out of the door, the rush came. Euphoria took his mind and the creeping tendrils of withdrawals were banished... for now. He made his way toward Kaide's house, his prosthesis clicking insistently with each step.

Rachel looked at the horizon, her head leaned on Matthew's shoulder now, and shrugged. She couldn't really deny wanting to demolish everything in her sight quite a few times, yes indeed - the first thing in the morning. She was never really a morning person.

"I wake up every day, wanting to shoot you down. Trust me, sweetheart, I do, because of thousands of mostly alike reasons." she said, her voice sounding similiar to caring at the moment. "Of course it wasn't good shit. Did you really believe him? You saw me when I flipped you off in the distance. You can't buy anything from people whose family you don't know. They could be anyone." she helped him up the stairs.

"Do you want me to join you in the bath?" she smirked, running her fingers again through his hair, her voice becoming that teasing one again. "Only remember - nothing before coffee and a cigarette. Just a bath. I don't want you to throw up all over me."

Kira heard her come over taking another puff of the cigarette and then started to touch his neck to feel the tattoo it felt good to him but he didn't want her to nag him about it.

"Huh no one is going to hurt you because your sweet"

He said in a sarcastic tone a little.

"Sure I'll tell you the story of my neck tattoo but not the back tattoo I don't think I know you enough to tell you and thanks I'll come in"

He said smirking at her as he stood up putting his shirt back on then his jacket and walked on in with her to escape the storm.

[sorry for taking so long to reply! My Internet went all screwy, and hasn't been sending me ANY alerts. Hope you understand!]

"I'm flattered," Matty replied quietly, the corners of his mouth twitching. "You always have my back, Campbell, whether you have a gun to my spine or are saving me from 'shady drugs.'" He managed to force a small laugh out of his throat at that, as he climbed up the stairs. He was the king of all the shady drugs.

He took a deep breath, not from being winded from climbing the stairs, but merely taking in his surroundings. He's sure that he's only been in Kaide and Lexi's beautiful house a handful of times, yet every time that he found himself here, it was an experience. The entire ramshackle house was dressed up like a filthy strip club, which seemed strangely classy, in the eyes of the owners of the house. If anything, Matty would say that Kaide and Lexi's house looked better than some of the strips downtown.

It barely took him a second to find the bathroom upstairs - possibly one of the few rooms he remembered in this residence - and gratefully pushed the door open, leading Rachel behind him. It was tiny, not as tiny as his own bathroom, but it wasn't notoriously grand. Brightly lit compared to the rest of the house, the tiled floors underfoot were cold, and it was gloriously free of any strange or harsh odors. Random clothes were strewn about, tucked in piles in corners and up against the trim of the paint-chipped walls, but aside from the lot, it was cleaner than anyone would have expected.

The one thing, however, that stuck out in Matthew's memory, was the rather stunning bathtub that Laxi and Kaide owned. He wasn't sure if they ever owned a proper shower - but this was no "shower-and-tub" contraption of monstrosities - it was luxurious to their lifestyle. Pearl-white and curved, it stood on legs, and shone in the light of the two lightbulbs over the sink - though, that might be a bit of an exaggeration. This was still Lexi and Kaide's house, for god's sake, but Matthew hasn't seen a wondrous bathtub like this in a long time.

He nearly jumped when Rachel's fingers were back in his hair, her smooth voice floating over his shoulder. He let out a soft laugh through his nose, smirking at the redhead. He pulled the already half-spent cigarette that was stuck in the corner of his mouth - which he actually forgot that was there, or that he stole it from Malia - and offered it to Ray.

"I'm one step closer to being in your pants then," he flirted back, crinkling his nose in a smile.

He silently stepped in front of the mirror, crossing his arms over his middle and pulling his shirt up and over his head. The one thing that Matthew was forever grateful was that his body was still in tact, after those years of drug abuse. His black-ink tattoo on his chest and lower-stomach were bold against his pale skin, his hipbones poked out in a sharp V, disappearing into his tight jeans, and an aggressive scar was predominant under his ribcage, uncomfortably reminding him of cruel memories.

"Honestly, though," he began, looking at Rachel through the mirror, then looked down to wet his shirt under the tap. "You can if you want to - I'm not stopping you. I don't know if you need a bath too or not, and I swear, I'm not going to throw up all over you."

He pulled his wet shirt up to his face, using it like a cloth to scrub the blood off from under his nose and over his mouth.

Kaide caught Lexi's wink and laughed out loud, her voice low and raspy but still painfully attractive. She wouldn't say a word as both Chel and Matty went in to the girls "flamboyant" bathroom. Kaide smiled deviously at William as her entered her home, looking tense as always. Wrapping her index finger around his, she'd tug him into the kitchen while smiling at his reaction to the decor.

The kitchen was one of the weirdest parts of the house and the friends wanted it to be so. There was a pole in every corner, spaced a bit away from the mauve and velvet walls I the kitchen. It was no secret Kaide loved to cook. It wasn't even a secret at all the she was good at it and that showed in the room. Racy but beautiful paintings done by Lexi herself were painted on the walls, fridge and cabinets. Being raised in a big, Italian family, the heterochormiac learned to cook from friends, family and even strangers. Bags of flour were right next to bottles of Bacardi, cans of frosting and sprinkles stuffed in every available space. To anyone else, the kitchen was awkward and messy but to Kaide, it was clear to navigate.

She'd show William to a chair behind the counter and go around to stand by his side, gently running a fingertip down his toned arm and biting her svelte lips. " Chel and Matty are taking a bath and Lexi's 'treating' Kira so it's going to be just us for a while- you should let me treat you one day..put all that stress into something else" . Kaide would whisper that last part in Willam's ear, just like he did to her on the street.

Going back to the cooking side of the counter, she would go up to the pole directly in front of William and pause for a second, then slowly spin around it with her hips rolling sweetly. Dropping into a full split, she used her hands to easily pull herself up on the pole, upside down and around in several acrobatic positions while her body moved to some beat only she could hear. Sure Kaide and Lexi were liars, temptresses and drug addicts but the way they danced showed a whole new side of them. They were good at it-really good and that's why men would pay so much at the club for the girls, some would even stalk them. Anyway- it was so much potential wasted on a cheap joint.

Kaide flipped back down and got off the pole a second later, smiling sheepishly at Willam, " I've been doing that for a few years...I'll be making waffles so just sit tight".

@Safton

William leaned back into the chair, crossing his arms as he watched Kaide impassively. Their dynamic, such as it was, was nothing new to either of them. Kaide flirted to no end and Will shot down her advances consistently. To any other straight male, Kaide's particular brand of "attention" might as well be a godsend, especially from a woman as beautiful as she was. Hendrix, on the other hand, held no romantic notions about the nature of their relationship. Will wasn't special, just her current target of opportunity. She was certainly determined, that much he couldn't deny.

Besides, frustrating her had become fun.

"Sounds great," he remarked quietly. "I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that 'waffles' isn't a euphemism..."

His gaze wandered around the kitchen, his inner neat freak cringing at the almost haphazard arrangement of various ingredients and foods. "Love the workspace, by the way. Very tidy."

Kaide stood against the pole for a brief second, fighting the urge to grab him and kiss that damn neautral look off his face. With a smug smirk on her lips, she shook her head softly at Will " My, my, you're a ungrateful little boy. That would have cost $50+ for anyone else but you got it for free and didn't even compliment me ? I'm scorned, I truly am". Walking over to the stove, Kaide took off the teeshirt, folded it up neatly and presumed to launch it on the back of a chair with a satisfying flick of the wrist. The petite girl was only left in lacy, black lingerie that clung to her body and complimented her supple curve. " You're lucky, sometimes I cook naked".

Kaide then walked over to a large stereo in the corner, a gift from one of her sugar daddies, and plugged her phone in, switching through playlists until her current
favriote song came on. She began mixing, whipping and pouring, the delecious smell of waffles spreading through the house. " Baby, you know me better than that-at least this time it isn't. I still got something special for you though.." , she ran slim hands down the creamy, tan skin of her bare thighs.

A small chuckle came from her lips when Will mentioned the clutter of the kitchen, being able to sense how much it bugged him. "Aaw, thanks, darling. I just cleaned". Kaide was still dancing, running her hands through her wild black curls and shaking her ass with skill. When the waffles were done, steaming, crisp and golden, she piled them all on a platter and placed them in the warmed oven. Her pink tongue went out to glide across her lips slowly as Kaide waltzed over to Willam and leaned next to him on the counter, " I'm genuinely sorry for my sexual advances... I really hate hitting on virgins".

"You're lucky, sometimes I cook naked..."

William allowed himself a small smile. "Will wonders never cease..." he remarked, watching as Kaide flipped on the music, dancing around the kitchen with an "enthusiasm" that even he couldn't help but admire... among other things. Watching her move effortlessly around the kitchen, completely confident and graceful in her domain, Will was actually impressed. A lot of it was for his benefit, he knew, but he could tell that this clearly made her happy. Not the fake, temporary facade of pleasure that seemed so common in their little circle, but genuinely happy.

For his own part, Hendrix was glad to see that, even if the inevitable advances came along with it. Will couldn't remember the last time he had done something so carefree as dancing, even before his injury. The truth was, he'd been called "uptight" by those around him even before he crossed paths with that IED.

He was shaken from his reverie when Kaide leaned on the counter next to him, "I'm genuinely sorry for my sexual advances... I really hate hitting on virgins."

William smirked. "Mmm. A swing and a miss, darlin'. Care to go for Double Jeopardy?" He sighed, running a hand through his close-cropped hair. "The fact that I haven't torn those clothes off of you just yet has nothing to do with my virginity... or lack thereof," he said, with his Southern drawl leaking through ever so slightly.

Kaide furrowed her brows at Will's reference "Non ho mai visto quello spettacolo nella mia vita ....I have never seen that show in my life". She'd chuckle but get quieter before stopping completely and looking directly at Will. This would be one of those incredibly rare times where Kaide Tremona would be flat out honest. She'd clear out a space on the messy counter and crawl up on it, sitting so her legs were swinging at Willam's sides. Placing her elbows in her knees and her face in her palms, a green eye looked at him with lust and a brown with curiousity. " So why haven't you ? What is preventing you from fucking me on-" Kaide would stop to point at a large velvet couch with several dark stains that could or could have not been blood "- that couch ? It's not secret that I'd happily pleasure you however, wherever and however you'd like. Feel free to deny it but I know you feel that way too. I promise you that I'll still flirt the hell out of you after we bang if that's what you're worried about. And I'm a stripper, bambino. I don't get clingy". Kaide leaned closer so their faces were up and close to each other, her lips a hairbreadth away from touching his. Her accent was getting more prominent throughout her tirade and even as she spoke in a whisper, it was thick and impassioned. " I want you, Will. I want you so bad it hurts sometimes. Why won't you let me have you ?".

William was silent for several moments after Kaide spoke. These were dangerous waters and he knew it. And yet... he turned to look into her green and brown eyes. She needed an honest answer from him. He wasn't sure he had one to give, but he would try... Kaide deserved that much.

Will took a deep breath before speaking, looking straight ahead at the opposite wall. His voice was low, and almost strained. "You say you don't get 'clingy' like it's a good thing, like I want nothing more than to use you and throw you away like the assholes at that shit hole of a club. I was a Soldier, Kaide. A damn good one. If I let myself go where you want me to, let myself sink down to that level after--" he paused, glancing down at the flash of metal and plastic peeking out beneath the leg of his pants, "--everything else, I'm afraid I'll lose whatever small piece of me I still had left."

Finally, he tilted his head, looking once again into her eyes. "You're a better person than you know, Kaide. You deserve better than... this," he remarked, waving his hand around as if to encompass the entire town around them. "...and you damn well deserve better than me."

Kaide looked down, her wild waves covering her face , and squeezed her eyes shut, her silence deathly cold. White teeth with a slight gap between them sunk into her lip, deeper and deeper and deeper until a trail of blood ran from the gash, down her chin and onto the counter. Kaide took a deep breath and sucked the punctured part of her lip , her eyes meeting Will's with a expression so filled with emotion that they seemed to have no feelings at all. " I deserve everything that's happened to me".

Kaide would move her legs away from Willam's body and leap off the counter, her headache back and worst than ever. Running a hand down her arms, Kaide looked like a broken china doll-so delicate that if you touched her, she'd break. Shuddering intensely for a second, she'd turn back into " Normal Kaide", bitterly regretting the decision to open up her shell.
" WAFFLES ARE READY, YOU FUCKS".

"It would be nice if I could save you from yourself, King." she said, taking her dress off. "But you know how I don't like interferring with other people's lives and decisions. I'm merely but an observer... dearie." She traced his cheekbone with her long, delicate fingers, and then moved them away to accept the offered cigarette. Or well. What was left of it.

She stepped out of her heels and undrewear, and letting the warm water flow in the tub stepped in. "But just a bath. Nothing else." She paused. "Remember that one time it was 'nothing else' as well? A few years ago. Except it was my tub, and my sister walked in on us. She was scared to death I'd end up pregnant at... what were we? 13? 14? Hell, King, I can't remember." She frowned, and grabbed her purse to start rolling a cigarette. Filters, tobbacco - it costed her cheaper than industrial ones. A habit she picked up from her ex-boyfriend, one of those philosophy students she loved so much.

The voice was lost from Matthew's throat. This always happened with Rachel - their lighthearted conversation taking a deep turn into somewhere unexpected - but he was more than used to it. While it might be uncomfortable with other people in a different scenario, it was what made his and Rachel's relationship how it was now. She was the philosopher, and he was her notebook, filled up with flimsy pages of analyzing life as it passed by.

His eyes met Rachel's in the mirror for a moment, and he casted his eyes down. He balled up his shirt in his hands, and tossed it into a corner, atop a small pile of other clothes. Chel's words were still swimming his ears, her statement digging up seemingly unrecoverable memories. True - those memories were still fresh in his mind - how could they leave him? He wasn't in love with her - he wasn't in love with her - but Rachel was different, in his mind. She was worth remembering.

He jolted out of his rushing thoughts, Kaide's muffled yet shrill voice crashing into his attention. His fingers were on his belt, having gotten halfway through undoing it, as he turned to throw a look at Rachel. He mentally shook away the last thoughts in his mind, undoing his tight jeans with a jingle, but decided to leave his boxer briefs on - it was still too early for anything.

"I bet Kaide and William can just - " he had stepped into the tub, the hot water making him hiss out the last word: "wait." He relaxed down, sitting opposite from Rachel, pleasantly surprised that they had enough comfortable space in the tub. He scooped up a handful of water in his hands, leaning over to splash the water into his hair, the damp curly waves bouncing and sticking to his forehead.

"Rachel," he began, realizing he had said her name after the word left her mouth. He felt like he still wasn't thinking straight, but as he watched the pale smoke curl around the side of her beautiful face from her cigarette, his mind chose that this might be the only private time they had together.

"This seems crazy, even for me, but -

I'm leaving the town."

A bored expression was placed on Lexi's face as she walked back into the house. Her cold blue eyes glanced into the kitchen, and fell upon Kaide and William. Although Kaide was Lexi's best friend, Lexi decided it was best not to interrupt. Whatever the fuck they are, they're adorable together.

She turned in her heels to face Kira, and batted her eyelashes, her thin arms opened wide as if to give a bear hug, but really to show off the house.

"Tour of the house, and rules, cupcake."

She spoke, a slight London accent came through. As much as she tried to hide her inner posh girl, it always seemed to fight back.

The hallway, a lit with the daylight, was narrow with stairs leading upstairs. A full length mirror was to the left of the door, with greasy red lipstick kisses stained onto it. Sky-scraper heels lined the right wall, with rolled up fishnets thrown against it. Matte black paint was slathered on the walls, with Polaroid pictures sprawled on the wall leading up the stairs.

"This is the hall" She began, her voice high pitched, as though impersonating one of those annoying tour guides that brought you around a mueseam when you were eight years old.

Just then, a bright flash would light up Kiras face, as the. Noise of an old Polaroid camera spat out a picture. Lexi brought the slide to her lips and blew.

When the picture came out, it was a little blurry. But in Lexi's eyes it was perfect. She tucked the photo into a whole selection of photos of everyone in their group. Pictures of people drinking. Smoking. Cuddling. Kissing. Getting closer.

With her hands on her slender hips, Lexi took a step back, and angled her head to the right in thought. She rearranged a few more pictures, before finally stepping back, with a smile plastered on her smug face.

"Perfect."

She jokingly pushed him with her foot when he stepped in by her, and chuckled. They fit nicely in that tub, their legs tangled.

"$10 that Kaide is trying to offer our Soldier her 'special pancakes'. What kind of waffles do you think are ready?" she leaned over, winking as she finished preparing her cigarette and started grabbing through her purse, searching the lighter between loads of papers with various notes scribbled over them.

And then Matthew's voice interrupted her.

"I'm leaving the town."

She stopped digging through the bag, and looked at him, her smirk disappearing from her face, like it was wiped off - her lips widening into a surprised 'O' - before the smug smile returned. The laughter that spread from her throat this time was mocking, unserious kind of laugh. She just couldn't take this seriously.

"Don't kid me. For how long?"

Rachel's expression to his announcement sparked a mixture of surprise and disappointment inside Matty, but it wasn't enough to make him angry or defeated. Part of him really did expect her to laugh in his face, and brush off his crazy antics.

He stared back at Rachel, his chest tightening with each breath.

"I'm - I'm not kidding, Ray. I'm leaving forever."

The small splash of his fingers submerged in water suddenly became super interesting to Matthew's attention, him looking at the blue veins snaking across his thin wrists, as he searched for the right words. His hand found its way to Rachel's pale leg, linked with his own spider-limb-like legs, and he placed his hand on Rachel's damp knee. He lifted his head, watching her face.

"You know that I'm fucking ruining myself here. I thought this place was my paradise. I loved it, and I shared it with people I loved. I have a lot of memories linked to this place, but - I'm going to end up killing myself one day in my basement if this continues.

I -" he took a breath in, "I'm going to the city. We talk about it all the time - it's gorgeous there. Even more gorgeous than our current kingdom."

His hand had gently moved up Rachel's leg, his thumb rubbing circles on her mid-thigh, in a comforting manner.

"I just want to start living," he breathed, his voice cracking with desperation. "And I want you to run away with me."

She stopped playing around, staring at him now, not even trying to look as amused as she ever was. She felt his hand on her thigh - but it wasn't sexual, it was intimate, comforting. Was he joking? He didn't look like he was. After all, she found him this morning shooting bullets at his own house, face smeared with blood and his legs barely keeping him up.

And there he was, inviting her to run away, to leave everything behind. She went silent for a few moments. For one of rare times in her life, Rachel Campbell had no ironic commentary to strike the opponent with. If it was anyone but him, she would have - hell, even now she had at least ten things she could've said - but that moment broke her tongue in pieces.

"Adieu, adieu, my native shore. Fades o'er the water blue; The night-winds sigh, the breakers roar, And shrieks the wild sea-mew." she mumbled quietly.

"The city? How will you ever take care of yourself?" she asked, her eyes absently wandering over his face. "No. I mean. How will we ever take care of us?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back