• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Guns, Gangsters, and Grimoires- A Roaring Twenties Witch Coven

William looked deeply unhappy at the coven's decision, and Connor wanted to ask him what he'd expected, when they'd just gotten out of a war where blind alliances got a lot of people killed. He kept his mouth shut though--Marie didn't need him getting into a fight with the ambassador from the vampires. He also didn't particularly think that a war between the werewolves and the vampires had anything to do with them in the first place, and that if they stayed out of it the coven would be safest, but he kept that bit to himself too.

Instead, he sat next to Helen and told Marie, "I can help set that up, if you need it."

( theunderwolf theunderwolf )

Vera catches the William's scowl of distaste, and feels one of her own forming on her face. Whoever this vampire may be, and whatever history he may have with Marie as an ally, he has no right to expect their support in a conflict that might be a simple misunderstand. As far as Vera is concerned, it's a meaningless cry for blood from the vampires using barely valid excuses to justify it. After the War? After the Bolsheviks? Vera wants no part in any of it. If the werewolves want peace, or are in need of help, then her support lies with them. If it comes to werewolves making aggressive moves in New York... Well, she's not sure. She supposes they will know once they contact the werewolves.

And if it does turn to war... What then? Will Marie make soldiers out of them all? Even the youngest members, herself and Maureen?

Her hand clenches a bit tighter on Esfir's, turning her worried eyes to the woman, who had always, for as far back as she could remember, had the answers, and been the mentor Vera never had with her parents, and murmurs lowly in Russian, to keep their conversation as private as possible, "What if it does come to that? War, I mean. I don't... I don't want to have to hurt anybody, Essie."

Esfir was now completely sure that she had joined the right coven. Smart witches with foresight, cool heads and a leader that listened. She took an appreciative sip of Connor's whiskey, which he had provided with near perfect timing. His family distilling was as good as ever though she had to admit, whiskey was never her drink of choice. Connor was moving closer to convincing her with every sip though. William on the other hand was not enjoying their choice. Typical vampire, so self absorbed that a bigger picture doesn't even occur to them. The only thing Esfir found she could never fault vampires for was their fashion sense. They shared an affinity for dramatic cloaks and capes. She raised an eyebrow at Connor's statement. But if she were to choose, someone used to shadier dealings would be ideal for setting up a meet with the wolves, with help.
"If you'd like I'd be more then happy to help Connor," She said smoothly, with a few ulterior motives (One of which was blounde). Her attention was distracted by something entirely more important though as Vera squeezed her hand again. Fates what she wouldn't give to make sure Vera was never this scared again.
"Shh little Baba Yaga," Esfir said dropping gratefully back into her native tongue, "We'll do all we can to prevent needless violence, and as long as I am here you will never be forced to do anything you don't want to. Besides," She continued, looking into Vera's eyes with no little pride, "Not wanting to hurt anybody is good little Baba Yaga. It means you're a good person." She left the fact that her mentor was not, in fact, a good person unspoken and ruffled Vera's hair a bit.

Marie nodded at both Connor and Esfir. "I'd be glad for the help, both of you." She turned to William. "Well, that about does it. I'll be in touch, William. The vampires deserve a seat at the table, definitely, but we're going to try to stop the violence. I pray we can succeed."

The vampire turned and left, a note of distaste on his features. "I hope you can, too, but my optimism on the subject is fairly low." With that, the coven was alone again, and the tension in the room started to subside. At least they were free to do as they wished again.

Connor waved after William. "Buh-bye now," he called. He waited until the door was closed to add, "What an asshole." He looked at Marie and asked, "Do you want us to set up a meeting with the werewolves here, or would you rather a few of us go meet them and report back?" It would be easier to report back without stepping on the vampires' toes, which didn't matter terribly to him, but might to Marie. "I'm thinking the sooner we sort this mess out the better."

"He's a jerk, but he's a jerk we have no choice but to deal with," Marie responded. "And I'll try to get a meeting set up for sometime in the next few days. I think it ,might have to be on their turf, though, but I'll try to get it on neutral ground. Less chance of things going wrong."

• [color= yellow]Sasha de Vries[/color]
    [color= yellow]Goddamn vampires[/color]​

Sasha would've gone down to the meeting, had he not taken one look at one of the people coming in the door and immediately known that he didn't want to be around him. It wasn't something that Sasha could do unless he was outright trying to read somebody, but he was always trying to read unfamiliar faces that came into the house he lived in. A vampire. He didn't know why Marie would allow something like that in the house, but that was her decision. It was also his decision to not be anywhere near one of those bloodsuckers. His parents taught him about those things, and he wasn't about to sit in the same room as one of his own volition.

He made his way down the stairs but, about halfway down, suddenly clutched his stomach and used the other hand to cover his mouth. Pretending to be sick was no problem, and he wouldn't feel bad when he could still hear everyone from the bathroom. He still... felt like he needed to seem convincingly sick.

[color= purple]'You're not actually going to-'[/color]

[color= #e5e500]'You don't get a fucking opinion on this matter.'[/color]

He rushed into the bathroom and locked the door behind him, then quickly turned his attention to the medicine cabinet. After living there for a while, he knew pretty damn well where the Ipecac extract was. He wouldn't normally turn to making himself sick to avoid contact with somebody, but his parents had taught him the dangers of Vampires and even told him some horror stories from their childhoods that he supposed were true. The ones about the dangers of summoning demons had turned out to be, he had no reason to doubt the vampire ones.

[color= purple]'There have to be like ten other people-'[/color][color= purple][/color]

[color= #e5e500]'Shut the fuck up, Ezekiel!'[/color][color= #e5e500][/color]

He pulled the dropper out of the Ipecac extract and stared at it with dread for a moment. God, if it hadn't been for the bloodsucker in the building, this would've been the last thing he'd consider doing. He wanted to be around that thing less than he wanted to induce vomiting, though, so he squirted what was in the dropper into his mouth, then put the container back in the medicine cabinet.

Within minutes, he was crouched over the toilet, vomiting.

Sasha de Vries

b8f3f56b7ddf7f49b60aa0b9e2c362ea--anime-guys-manga-anime.jpg

Important actions

Vomiting

mentions

The only person he's communicated with is Ezekiel

( theunderwolf theunderwolf , wickedlittlecritta wickedlittlecritta , Shagranoz Shagranoz )

Vera notices Esfir's omission of including herself in her assessment of Vera being a good person, but before she makes a comment to include her, she decides better of it. Her mother's rather harsh words towards Esfir and anything about her echo hollowly in her ears, but Vera tries not to give them any heed. What her mother had to say was rooted in hatred and bitterness, only further soured when Vera had come home from a visit to Esfir's with hair chopped into a short bob to emulate the woman. Except her mother had, on more than one occasion, referred to Esfir as a witch. Among other things. How much of it was unknowingly rooted in fact?

Vera flexes the hand not held by Esfir, ducking her head with a smile as Esfir ruffles her hair. Whatever Esfir has done, or does, or whatever, is not Vera's concern. All she needs to know is that Vera is now included in a part of Esfir's world that had been blocked to her. And Vera didn't have to watch her step when speaking to Esfir anymore, worried of her mother's thoughts to her words. She could speak freely, look and behave as she wanted. She could make her own choices. Speaking of-

"I want to go meet the werewolves, too. I want to help."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back