• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Guns, Gangsters, and Grimoires- A Roaring Twenties Witch Coven

Helen gave him a nod and watched as he summoned two big mooks up from the cellar with a special knock and they got moving cases out of the car. The real entrance was round the other side and when she knocked a young girl asked; "Are you the milkman?"
Helen paused.
"I am the cow, actually," She said. The girl giggled and let her in. She couldn't believe that worked. the girl was a bit younger than herself and in a dress that was a little short even by the current fashions. She smiled.
"You're early-" She said.
"I came with the milkman," Helen said with a wink, "He's still unloading." The girl went a little red and showed her down the stairs into the red carpeted speakeasy complete with a baby grand in it. the ragweed had been hit a couple weeks back and this was first speakeasy to crop up that was half as nice. She found a spot on a couch and made herself at home- watching the crowd slowly trickle in. Some she knew. Some she didn't. She gave everyone she thought was cute a little wave regardless if she knew them or not.

Dexter Atterberry

Mood: Content
Tags: theunderwolf theunderwolf

As Dexter continued working his plate of food, Esfir was pulled aside to the telephone. Esfir seemed to have grimaced when the news had reached her. Was she expecting a grave call? Mouth still full of food, Dexter nodded his head and smiled politely as Esfir got up to answer the call. The bacon and eggs were delicious. Should Dexter need a good meal again (and granted about money) he would consider coming here again. Wiping his mouth and hands down, Dexter picked up his coffee cup and walked over to where Esfir was on the phone. By the time he got over to Esfir, Noah has not heard much and just stood patiently waiting and occasionally drinking from his coffee.

"Hm," Esfir reflected quietly trying to parse that out. Lack of prey could be an answer but they would have to be desperate to risk this much exposure. She might have to go upstate to figure out what exactly was happening. Wasn't like whatever it was could kill her! Again! "It bears thought, I'll see what I can find in my books." She listened carefully to the next words. "Well despite the fact you have a lovely yard, I'm not quite ready to dig my grave in it dear." She paused a moment, "Please Marie, while I appreciate the flattery I don't think I would be a good fit for the house. These old bones need room to stretch." She nodded at Dexter as he approached and mouthed Its's Marie about Werewolves.
Shagranoz Shagranoz J Johannes

( Necromantic Necromantic , Maxilgal Maxilgal , theunderwolf theunderwolf )

Vera's mouth falls open into a round little 'o', nodding along in understanding. She leans in, looking far from inconspicuous as she listens to the lowered tones of her kin. Sasha mentions his expertise lies in divination, and she seems to struggle with not openly expressing how enraptured she is about the idea of the whole thing. To have knowledge - of the future, or other information gained through such things - spread out before you, as easy to access as, say, a book? She couldn't even imagine.

Just as quickly as it's brought up, Sasha seems to write-off his ability, and Vera frowns ever so slightly, before leaning in towards him, "I only know a bit about the subject - from Marie's explanations and a bit of reading on my own part - but I think the topic of divination is fascinating," She looks between Maureen and Sasha, "Both of you have fascinating abilities, and should be very proud of what you are capable of."

Vera is slow to bring up her own abilities, mostly due to a lifetime of keeping a tight lip on her abilities, much less the things she would see in dream-walks - like the men her mother brought into their home, the women her father brought - and the laws of secrecy that bound them as witches living in the world of Mundanes. Though she knows she has nothing to fear from her fellow witches, a sharp twist of anxiety curls in her gut at the idea of bringing up her only talent. She has not even told Marie of it, too frightened by what might be said. She doesn't fear retribution for her power - the books did not list it as a dark or forbidden art - but she fears what they might think of her for it. Would they she is strange to be able to remove her soul from her body like a piece of clothing? Would they think she is perverted, or that she is a spy?

(She'd never told a soul, but a friend she has forced herself not to think about since the Bolsheviks took Russia with violence and blood knew, and had told her she had nothing to fear. Told over tea and biscuits and other baked goods she knew there was - is - magic in Vera's mind, body, and soul, and there was no shame in holding it close and with pride. Flat eyes looking over the rim of a tea cup, ashy pale skin almost a match to the porcelain cup, she spoke truths to a six year old Vera that she had only learned less than two weeks ago. She is not sure how, but Esfir Voronin, mysterious and wise as she had always been, had somehow always known Vera is witch.)

Besides, Vera thinks with a side, Marie has told her of laws that about keeping shows and talks of magic from humans. She had assured Vera her enthusiasm for magic is acceptable and encouraged her in fields she found interest, but was firm on keeping the displays and the practice and questions to locations where mundanes couldn't overhear, or her identity as a witch could be exposed to those that should be kept in the dark. Vampires may not kill her, but their bite is, from what Marie told her, a painful ordeal, and witches happen to be their favourite prey. It is better she say nothing at all on that subject.

Maureen brings up sleeping arrangements for the trio, and Vera switches the subject gleefully, clapping her hands together with genuine enthusiasm, "Oh, like a sleepover? That would be so much fun! I've never been to one of those," Mind tossing aside thoughts of magic and secrecy and shame and Esfir, Vera turns to Maureen, "Of course, if it's too much of a hassle, I wouldn't want to intrude."

• [color= yellow]Sasha de Vries[/color]
    [color= yellow]Maybe drinking a Holy Water would make Ezekiel shut the fuck up[/color]​

[color= #e5e500]"It is really fascinating,"[/color] Sasha agreed. He wouldn't lie, the prospect of being able to tell the future was fascinating, but there were just so many more... useful things things... But at least he'd always know when he'd need to take an umbrella outside. [color= #e5e500]"But..."[/color] He started, but his voice trailed off as he looked up, still thinking about the weather now. His eyebrows knit together as he took a good look at the cloudless sky out the window. [color= #e5e500]"... Mmm, should've looked outside before we left. Would've brought an umbrella,"[/color] He mumbled, [color= #e5e500]".... How long you think it'll be before we get there?"[/color]

[color= #e5e500]"Runes... I-"[/color]

[color= purple]"If you could use runes properly, maybe the two of us wouldn't be in this situation."[/color] Momentarily, a scowl crossed Sasha's face as Ezekiel decided to voice his opinions. Well, it was nice that he wasn't screaming at him anymore, but he could've done without that commentary. While the Hellspawn might have been right, he didn't really need him pointing out that fact.

[color= #e5e500]'I don't recall asking for your opinions, Ezekiel.'[/color]

[color= purple]'Bite me.'[/color]

[color= #e5e500]"Sorry, remembered something that happened with runes when I was younger. I'm not good with them, but that is a really handy talent. I'd love to see what you could do,"[/color] None of that was... actually a lie, he supposed. Mentioning that a demon reminded him of what happened to him was completely unnecessary. If they asked what had happened, then he could lie and not feel any guilt about it.

The notion of spending the night made him pause for a second. He didn't have anything to wear other than the clothes on his back, but it couldn't be that bad of a plan, right? Well, he grew up with six younger siblings and one twin brother, he could definitely handle one impromptu sleepover if he had to. [color= #e5e500]"Sure, I wouldn't mind staying the night if you want us to. I'm, sure that Marie would like us out of the house anyway, right, Vera?"[/color] The blond playfully grinned at Vera.

Sasha de Vries

latest

Important actions

He's fucking talking

mentions

CelticSol CelticSol Maxilgal Maxilgal

"It's okay, Esfir, but I had to ask. See what you can dig up, and I'll see you at seven tomorrow night. Is there anything I can do for you?" Marie asked, genuine concern in her voice. Sure, she didn't live in the house , but Esfir was still a Black Rose, and Marie made a point of looking out for her own.

Dexter Atterberry

Mood: Surprised
Tags: theunderwolf theunderwolf
Dexter's eyes widened with surprise. Werewolves? He didn't know much about them except for the basics. Looks human, can turn into a wolf. Viscous hunters under a full moon. Dexter knew that something was indeed bothering her. He wondered if there were any rituals to return a werewolf to a human. Something to read around for... Dexter finished his coffee as he waited for Esfir to finish her call.

• Amelia raised a single eyebrow as the man lowered his glasses to reveal his eyes- they were rather chilling as they met her own. Her feet were getting cold as the spell wore off, and between her feet and his cold stare, she was actually beginning to feel the wintery weather. Regardless of her physical chill, she wasn't entirely amused by his scary loner act- the gloves, the sunglasses in the dim light of the winter, all of it was just so pretentious, frankly. As he stepped close, however, she bore down, not retreating from him, even as he reached over to tap her chin with the paper. Rude man, wasn't he? Sure, he was handsome, in that roguish way novel characters were, but that didn't mean he could just touch her like that. Not until he'd asked her to dinner.

She waited until he was done talking, noting his accent, before stepping away, casually slipping her heels back on. "Doll, I don't know what the weather's like where you come from, but this is pretty normal for here. You don't last long if you aren't tough." She smiled back up at him, her grin a little crooked when she realized he was only a couple inches taller than her once she had her shoes on. "I wouldn't mind being a snack for a handsome devil like you, but you'll have to be a little nicer than that."

"I do have a few questions for you, but if you'd rather get out of this cold I'm sure we could find a place to get a quick pick-me-up." She shivered visibly, as if to emphasize the need to head indoors. Two birds, one stone. She could find that little rat she was tracking down and satisfy her curiosity about this man all at once. As a bonus, she'd even get to grab a drink with a handsome stranger. The afternoon was certainly looking up. "I'm sure between the two of us we can be rather safe." She winked at him. Surely between the two of them, they could find a speakeasy.

"While we're looking, you could answer my first question- what on earth is a Magi? And why are you on about spells?" She smiled her most innocent and naive smile at him, daring him to pursue the topic.
    CelticSol CelticSol

The next evening, Marie was putting the finishing touches on the living room. Sure, the meeting was of a grimly serious nature, but she was a proper woman, and would make sure that everything was in its place when guests came over. A knock at the door alerted her to a visitor. It was William, the vampire impeccably dressed, as always.

"William, so nice to see you. I was not aware you had been invited, however."

"We have a common problem," he responded, "so I decided to invite myself. I hope it is not too much trouble."

"Oh no, not at all," Marie commented. "Shall I get you something to drink?"

"Whiskey, please. I do not drink wine."

Marie poured him a shot, and motioned for him to sit down. "Please, stay a while. We're still waiting for people to arrive." The witch called up the stairs. "You can come down, it's perfectly safe. It's not like he bites or anything."

"Don't tempt me..."

Helen had spent most of her night whiskey drunk trying to a kiss a brunette woman from France. She could remember the face and her laugh but not her name. Her brother was in the army. They had danced. And Connor had spun them both around on the dance floor and done his best impersonation of a wing man it was going well until she lost Connor to three woman- three. At least she thought the last one could be a girl if they agreed to the part. One was a woman dressed like a knife, the other with hair as bright and ginger as the sun and last one as small and pale like snowflake but trickier. She new a vampire when she saw one- that wasn't true- they brushed their hand awkwardly while Connor introduced them and felt the cool in their hand like the crisp autumn air outside.

She told Connor so in hushed tones. But Connor followed them back to a hotel anyway while Helen was busy making moon eyes at the woman from France.

She sobered up quick when the police hit the speakeasy though- stood in a corner and magicked herself scarce. Forced her mind to be still and quiet while her body thrummed with the heavy fuzz and buzz of alcohol. The woman from France was not so lucky. Helen felt a coward as she waited for the chaos to die down and slipped out unnoticed by the authorities. She kept the enchantment up until she and Connor's Chrysler were blocks and blocks away. She parked in front of the hotel Connor said his friends were in and slept in the backseat of the car-

-and was rewarded with awakening Connor getting into the car along with far far too much sunlight. He had one hell of a hickey and a grin.

When the car's engine turned over; Matilde, Helen's favorite french ghost personal assistant, used Connor's car radio to inform them of the Black Rose Coven meeting at Seven.

“Aaaugh,” Helen complained.

So Connor bought her lunch and she listened to his crazy night while she complained about hers. Then they cleaned themselves up, and swung over to the coven house like they were picture perfect examples of good witches who never did anything scandalous ever. Helen smoothed Down Connor's tie and fixed her own before she knocked and Marie let them in. She was relieved when the vampire that arrived a few minutes later was not the one that Connor had absconded with the night before.

"Helen Finch," She told William, offering him a hand to shake. She may not want to go to hotels with strange vampires but she wasn't against shaking their hands.

( wickedlittlecritta wickedlittlecritta , Shagranoz Shagranoz , TrashRabbit TrashRabbit )

Vera, having been reading a spell book and trying her hardest to make sense of some of the spells Marie had assigned her to practice, looks up at the call of Marie's voice. She had mentioned that morning, when Vera had been practicing her dancing, that guests were coming for a very important meeting of the entire coven. Snapping the book closed, Vera rises from the small library of books - spell books, history of witches, other occult works Vera thought looked interesting - she had formed around herself, dusting off her skirt and ensuring her hair is in order. She lays the book on her bed for later - maybe some late night spell practice? - before exiting her room.

Already, she can hear voices downstairs, and feels a curl of worry in her gut. She stops at the top of the stairs, just beyond the line of sight of those down the stairs, clenching and unclenching her hands. Most of them probably grew up in magic families. Maureen is the same age as Vera, but she's lived her whole life surrounded by magic, and many of them are older than them. They must all be so talented, and skilled... Wonderful and fantastic and magical. Vera is one of them in blood, but she knows nothing but tricks a mundane magician could manage with a bit of preparation and slight of hand. Would they think she was stupid? Treat her as an idiotic, slow child?

Vera drags a hard breath through her teeth, trying to calm herself, You haven't even met them yet. They're probably all lovely people who wouldn't say such a thing.

They could be
thinking it.

...Stop that.

Instead of dwelling further, Vera stands straight, squaring her shoulders and ensuring perfect posture, before she turns the corner of the stairs. At the bottom, she sees Marie with two dark haired men, one freckled and one not, and a fair haired woman. The dark haired man is pale, and rather short, but there's something about him that crawls over her skin strangely, but she writes it off as nerves; the other man is wearing a rather bold suit, and when he smiles or speaks, she sees a hint of - or lack of - a missing tooth, but the man has an atmosphere of sweetness. The woman seems to be kind enough, if not for the mischievous quirk that seems to be fixed to her mouth.

"Helen Finch," The woman introduces herself to the pale man, glint ever present. So, instead of interrupting them, Vera takes a breath, clears her throat, then descends down the stairs the rest of the way, coming to stand before the freckled man, and holds her hand out in the space between them, soft smile on her face, though it's obvious from her expression she feels nervous to meet everyone, "My name is Vera. I'm one of the newest coven members. What's your name?"

Turg was currently walking towards his new covens house as Marie had said there was a important meeting today, so he left imply back home so he couldn't causeany trouble. "I wonder what the meeting could be about." He asked himself with a smile. "Maybe there trying to figure out how to deal with our furry friends." As he approached the house he straightened his tie and knocked on the door. "Well we'll just have to see won't we." He looked down at the gem on his cane as something inside is slowly moved. He looked back up just in time to greet marie as she let him in. "Well hello everyone, I hope you've all had a good day."

The night had been a long one for Esfir. Unsleeping as she was she found keeping herself occupied when all others slept. It was truly a blessing. Nights were so perfect for exhuming bodies and performing unholy rituals. She spent the night merrily, finding an old revolutionary war skeleton. Useful for the future and, as it turned out, lovely company for teatime. The old soul was polite if rambunctious and though he made some clumsy propositions, he was a deft hand at insults. She had laid him back down to rest after a near hour long session of making up rude names for King George III. She returned to the hotel smelling of old tea and bone and took a luxuriously long bath. The day was spent in study of werewolves until eventually she availed herself to a horse and carriage.
Near an hour later, she stepped out in front of the covens house in a swirl of black skirts. Feeling the need to be dramatic (as if she needed an excuse) She had donned her most witchy wear. Tight fitting black dress, cloak with crow feathers and a massive book. No one had ever said she did things half way when making an impression. The house, it had to be said, was lovely and she made a mental note to compliment Marie on it. However it was still in the middle of the city, which bothered her. In her long experience witches should live on the edge of society, but she trusted Marie and admitted that hiding in plain sight could have its merits. She'd reserve judgement unless Marie hadn't obtained good tea or coffee. She swished inside easily, quickly opening the door and shutting it behind her. She hung her cloak on the coat rack (Dramatics were only supplanted by manners after all) and looked around her. There was Marie of course, looking every bit the proper hostess. A vampire, she noted with no little interest. A bit of an odd factor, she'd have to ask what his purpose here was. Introducing herself to the vampire was a witch she wasn't familier with, blounde and with a manic glint in her eye. That would be one to watch. Esfir thought to herself, she was fond of a little manic in her life. Another tall man had just entered with the demon. Another to watch. But the most pleasant surprise came down the stairs. It took Esfir a moment to place the young woman, as she had grown quite a bit since her last visit to Russia. But Vera's soul was still quite bright and filled with even more witchery. Esfir couldn't help it, her face broke out into a wild grin as her cold facade shattered.
"Vera! Моя маленькая Баба Яга!" She cried, using he old pet name for Vera while running over and hugging the girl she had grown to think of as a favored niece. " Darling you have no idea how happy I am to see you! And look at you! You've grown so much and becoming a witch! I am so proud!"
@Thehouseparty

Dexter Atterberry

Mood: Curious
Tags: fuil fuil

Dexter had been looking through textbooks of past witches. Some of them were particularly famous, or infamous, for mysterious rituals that piqued his curiosity. Marie's voice floated through the house, beckoning for people to come down. There was to be a meeting with the Coven. Dexter suspected something with the current werewolf situation and its implications. He made his way downstairs dressed casually as it was after all a Coven meeting. Nothing he needed to be fancy about. As he stepped downstairs, some of the other Coven members had already gathered. Esfir seemed to be socializing with a girl. Marie and another witch were talking with a rather pale looking fellow. That raised some of Dexter's suspicions. Dexter recognized a new Coven member who also happened to be male. Dexter made his way over and introduced himself to the extremely large warlock.

"Hello there big fellow." Dexter said with a friendly smile on his face. "I'm Dexter. What's your name? New to the Coven?" As Dexter studied the persons face, he was slightly off put. Different colored eyes, very rough exterior. This man certainly seems like he has seen harsh days.

( theunderwolf theunderwolf )

The door to the house opens once more, Vera's eyes flickering up from her conversation as a dark haired woman removes a rather extravagant cloak and hangs it on the rack before turning to face the group, dead eyes level on each witch as she analyzes them all. Vera's heart jumps in her throat, and her hand drops to her side as the eyes fall on her.

Vera makes a long, drawn out... sound, that was somewhere between a gasp, a wheeze, and a death rattle as Esfir Voronin makes eye contact with her, cold and detatched demeanour melting to a brilliant smile as she seems to recognize a now-grown Vera. A sort of high pitched noise rises from Vera as she bounces a bit, trying to stay polite to the man she just introduced herself to, but after another moment she can't bear the joy burning in her chest, and squeals, jumping in absolute delight as she rapidly closes the distance between herself and Esfir, throwing herself into the woman's arms with the force of a train.

Separating for the barest moment, Vera grins broadly, laughing, "I kneeeeeeeeew it! I knew you were magic! I knew it, I knew it, I knew it!" She goes in for another hug, squeezing Esfir tight, "I haven't heard from you since the Bolsheviks took Russia. I've been so worried. But I'm so glad you're here now!"

Connor and Helen arrived just as Marie was calling up to the rest of the coven, something about the guest standing with her not biting.
"If he's offering," Connor muttered, more to himself than Helen while he gave the newcomer a once-over.
He'd known that Marie had a new witch staying with her, but he hadn't met Vera until she came down the stairs and introduced herself. She was about the same age as his little sister, maybe a little younger, and looked in fierce need of some spoiling. He only had time to give her a smile and his name before Esfir arrived, and she and Vera shrieked like Esfir was a favorite aunt arriving with a surprise birthday present--which seemed to be the truth in spirit, if not in fact. Connor didn't know Esfir well, but well enough to be delighted on her behalf.
"If I'd've known we were having a reunion, I'd've brought champagne," he said, grinning broadly at both of them.

"A pleasure to meet you, Miss Helen," William responded, gently taking the witch's hand in his. He had a measure of Old World charm to him, that was for certain. In addition, he greeted the other witches as they came in.

Marie looked around as everyone joined her. She admittedly had scheduled this meeting on short notice, so it was a good thing that so many people had showed up. "Gather around, everyone. By now, I assume you have all seen the werewolf photo that made the papers. That is the reason for this meeting. I called William to find out what the Brooklyn Court knew, and apparently, it's a great deal more than I did, so I'll let him do the talking, at least to start."

William cleared his throat. "Two days ago, a photographer from the Times managed to get a picture of werewolf, albeit a blurry one, and promptly plastered it on the front page. Ordinarily, our only concern would be that the photo was taken at all. Humans outnumber us supernaturals together hundreds, no, thousands to one. If they find out about us, they will fear us, they will try to control us, and it will be rivers of blood all across the world. The Great War will look like a schoolboy fight in comparison."

"But what concerns us as much as the photo itself is where it was taken. The Five Boroughs have been vampire territory since 1847, when agreements were signed between the Courts and Packs, agreements that were supposed to be in perpetuity. The presence of an actively hunting werewolf within the city limits is nothing less than an act of aggression. If it turns out that it is a newly turned wolf, ignorant of the laws, then no harm done. If not, if it was someone who openly flouted the agreements... well, the Courts have not marched to war in a long, long time. It would be necessary, though, to protect what is ours. Should it come to that, we would ask the Black Roses to support us."

Marie was stunned. She'd had no idea the problems were this big. Werewolves and vampires at war, and witches caught in the middle. "Obviously, this is too massive a decision for me to make on my own. I ask you to offer your own opinions, and open the floor to discussion."

The news about the werewolf was news to Connor, and he shared a glance with Helen. Maybe he ought to read the paper more.

He might not have known anything about werewolves though, but he did know about gangs, and he frowned as William finished.

"If the packs all know what showing up in vampire territory means, that it'd cause a war, they'd have to have a damned good reason for it. Isn't that so? Do you have any idea what that is? Because you don't bring your own into a war unless you've thought hard and long about it. It sounds to me like you know just as much as we do now, and you're borrowing trouble when you haven't heard from the pack. And let me tell you, I've got a brother buried in France because he went off to fight in someone else's war, and I've got no intention of letting me and mine follow him." Connor folded his arms across his chest and frowned at William.

Vera nods along to Connor, his words speaking out for her sentiments in a way she is not sure she would've been able to articulate as well as he had. She wrings her hands together a long moment, looking to the many faces in the rooms before settling on Esfir, grabbing her cold hand and holding it as a support. Besides her generally nervousness in regards to speaking to large groups, her parents had a instilled a 'children-should-be-seen-and-not-heard' mentality within her, and when she had grown out of childhood, had switched it to 'women-should-be-seen-and-not-heard', so speaking up on issues like this has her pulse pounding in her ears.

But she is as much a part of this coven as anyone else, and steps forward a bit to pull attention to her, retaining her grip on Esfir's hand, "I agree with Connor. This newspaper was posted only today. It's rather soon to be jumping to conclusions of war and bloodshed, isn't it? It's not aggression to be seen, it's just..." She sighs, waving her free hand around to try and pull her point from the air, before she holds that hand, palm up, "Violence and aggression and - and - and war should not be our first assumption. A thousand immigrants come to New York's shore everyday, so this werewolf, whoever they may be, could be an immigrant, unaware of the supernatural laws that govern this place, and could have come from a region where actions like this are common. I read a little bit on werewolves, and they primarily run in packs, and pack mates will often protect werewolves from things like this. This werewolf is likely alone, and might be scared, and might not have any support of their own kin. This is an opportunity for empathy, and education. Not war."

Vera shakes her head, "We just came from one war. I'm betting almost everyone in this room lost somebody. I did. I lost even more from the fallout of revolution in Russia. This conversation is - it's wrong. We should not prepare for war. And war over what? A singular city? We can all co-exist in this city. If New York can house every immigrant that comes here from Italy and Ireland and East Europe and everywhere else plus the pre-existing American population just fine, then we can make friends with werewolves. Making allies to fight against them is not an attempt at peace, it's an arm's race," Vera shakes her head again, stepping back to stand by Esfir's side, looking towards William, "Too many people did not come home from the war for us to be so eager to start another. I will choose whatever side tries for peace, and so far, yours seem to be the one starting the fight."

Helen Finch​

Helen had not been informed the most beautiful woman she'd ever see was in town, but there Esfir was.

Connor said something passionate and vaguely heroic. She did not disagree.

My god she was like a living statue. Like Saphos herself had just breathed life into her.

Vera also said something good and decent and brave. She did not disagree.

"I need to sit down," Helen said. Let them think it was over the weight of the news the part of her brain capable of critical thinking thought that would be a good strategy as the debate unfolded.

Turg listened to the others as they seemed to vote for peace instead of war. "I can say from personal experience that werewolves are bad news, I don't know much about them but my last encounter was less than friendly." He said as he looked around. "But that is just my opinion, the fact is we don't know if this is an act of war or not. That's what are vampire friends are going to try and find out and if it is an act of war then if we don't take a side we will get caught in the cross fire. I would prefer to be on the vampires side if this does turn to war but this is a group decision so I'll follow whatever the coven decides."

Esfir was pleased to find Vera's hand on hers and overjoyed the woman remembered her. She gripped the hand lightly but gave it an affectionate little squeeze when she voiced her opinion. She had grown up so wise! Esfir was glad to see she had more effect then her absolutely atrocious parents. Only her manners kept her from outright snorting at Williams speech were her impeccable manners and the fact that the blonde woman was staring at her and blushing. Esfir gave her a knowing smile when their eyes met then turned to look at William again. Connor had proved that he had a good head on his shoulders as always but now it was her turn to speak. "Frankly William," She said putting on her most classy tone, "I agree that all this side taking reminds me unfavorably of the bolsheviks.But I don't see how it is our problem. I can't say I'm comfortable with the streets running red but you'll excuse me if I say that sounds very ideal for vampires. You speak of some 'act of aggression' yet you are the one who is also speaking of marching to war. I for one would give the benefit of the doubt to one werewolf whose crime would not even been noticed if not for a blurry photograph. " She paused at a place where she would normally take a sip of something and remembered that she had yet to be offered a drink. She looked at Connor meaningfully and made a quick bottle tipping motion with her hand. " Besides, of there is some greater movement of werewolves we must consider why they are here. Did you consider what could drive a pack into an urban area?

Connor raised an eyebrow at Helen. He couldn't really blame her--Esfir was very cute--but they had other problems right now. He patted her shoulder and listened to the others, and, at Esfir's pause, produced a flask of whiskey from his jacket pocket and handed it to her.
"It seems to me," Connor said, "That before we throw ourselves into a war, we need to be sure it's actually worth fighting. You convince us the werewolves are out for our blood, and then we'll talk." Did William really think, after living through the Great War, they'd all be so keen to throw themselves into another war with so little information? Did vampires really think they were that dumb? "I'm very curious to hear what the werewolves have to say about all this."

Dexter Atterberry

Mood: Interested
Tags: Shagranoz Shagranoz

As William spoke, Dexter pursed his lips. Being found by the mundane certainly had it's complications. But the big issue was the rising tensions between the vampire Courts and the werewolf Packs. Dexter didn't exactly see his business booking in the middle of war so the prospect of conflict did not sit well in Dexter's stomach. Many of the Coven members expressed skepticism of whether or not the sighting of the werewolf was an actual threat. Others would rather not get involved in was all together.

"If the Courts, heaven forbid, were to go to war, what are the odds of them winning?" Dexter added to the myriad of comments and questions. "Not to be rude. I'm not saying vampires aren't a force to be reckoned with, but I'd rather not get involved in conflict that can't be..."resolved" quickly." Dexter wanted to be sure that whatever side the Coven supports is the side that wins. "I also agree with Connor, what would the were wolves have to say?" Dexter was not concerned about hearing both sides of the stories however. If the Coven was a commodity, which side would offer more incentive for support? Would the Coven gain more from the Courts or the Packs?

"Seems we're all in agreement, then. Peace and diplomacy before war." Marie leaned back. "You can take that to your superiors in the Court, and give me the information I need to set up a meeting with the werewolves, to get their side of the story."

William, on the other hand, scowled with distaste. He knew the way the winds were blowing. Most of the Court didn't think diplomacy would work, if this was indeed a deliberate provocation. William wasn't sure himself, but he'd felt the need to present this as asking for allies. If it did come to war, he'd rather know where his allies stood at the outset. He rattled off a phone number. "This will connect you to Bart Warren. He's the person you need to talk to, if you think talk will work."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back