• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Gundam Build Fighters:NEXT

“I wouldn't blame you for thinking so. Especially after what Gremory did when I first met her residing inside my mind.”

“A glimpse into Clairvoryance? I'm honestly surprised that you weren't mad from the revelation when it happened. Then again,I shouldn't have expected less from the counterpart of the "Unfaltering Will".

“Never thought I'd be given that title......but what encouraged you to travel all the way from a world to another to prevent our possible deaths from occuring?”

Silence met Nov once again. Only this time,it was mostly out of hesitation and reluctance to reveal his reasoning for it.

“I-it's....a rather childish reason which I'd rather not talk about.”

“It doesn't matter. Just tell us. Please.”

Upon hearing Illya's guess,he nodded slowly while the ruins around them started to reverse it's damages and form back to the time before the tragedy had befallen. The time when none of them were aware of the kingdom's impending doom.

“Jing Lin's counterpart here was Durand Sapientia,while your counterpart,Illyasviel,was Lumina Sapientia. As the last name suggested,we ARE related by blood. At least...your counterparts are.”

Durand and Lumina were seen by the backyard,chatting happily with a kid with messy black hair. The sight of the kid prompted Nov to sigh a little.

“That boy was me when I was a child. The day we were attacked......weeks hardly passed when I saw both of them slain in front of my eyes while our father was ordered to take me away from the danger. As of today,only my parents and I were the surviving members of the royal lineage. Many civilians were saved fortunately,but.....whether they ended up moving on with their lives or was driven to despair....I sadly do not know.”

"........ Nov, if we really are cursed to die in almost every reality, is it really impossible to prevent the same outcome here?"
"Illya!"
"It's fine. She asked a question that even I can't answer. I don't know if you two can be alive for much longer...... But I really am sorry for showing you this."

Illya turned away from Jing and Nov, before closing her eyes. She went into a state of unconsciousness. Finding herself in complete emptiness, she called to Lucifer.
"Lucifer, we need help!"
"What is the issue? I'm quite busy playing poker with some of my demon friends."
Lucifer would materialize, without his hat, glasses, or cape, at a table holding cards in hand. Around that table were three other demons. One demon had a pointed tail and wings. Another demon wore a open rain coat showing his muscles, with the hood pulled over his head, but the horns sticking out from the sides. A third demon had three heads, all dragons, with the two outer heads holding the cards with their teeth, while the center looked at Lucifer with a poker face.

"I learned of a terrible Destiny of mine, that is connected to Jing's Fate of never ending death.... Is there really no way to end this cycle of misery?"

The demon in the rain coat would say, "Hey, that would make a great line for my next song!" Before getting smacked by the winged demon. Asmodai, don't ever joke about something that our King is involved in!
"I wasn't making a joke!" Asmodai said, looking away with a closed eyed sad face.
"Still, that does seem troublesome." The three headed Dragon would say. "Well put uh......"

"Really?! I traversed through a space time portal just to play in this game you invited me to and you already forgot my name?!"
"Would it help to say that your three heads make it hard to determine your name?" The dragon put his cards down, before the Right head introduced itself. "I'm Ichi." "I'm Ni." The center spoke. The last one said it's name, but he sounded like he was mentally disabled.

"I'M KEVIN!!!! I AM MY BROTHERS PAIN IN THE BUTT! I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT MEANS, BUT IT SOUNDS NICE!!!"

His voice was loud enough to be heard outside of Illya's mind by Nov and Jing.

“....Who was that?”

“Someone whom my father would have the time of his life meeting up with.”

Nov answered,facepalming as he hung his head low in embarrassment.

"Just ignore him. He hit his head alot as a child so..."
Lucifer silently nodded, before looking at Illya. "What you are asking for is somewhat impossible to answer. This cycle of death is unpredictable, just like the Poker game I'm playing right now."
We can agree that you suck at this.
"Bael, hold your tongue before I rename you to the other variation of your name."
Urk
"However, sometimes, a single horrible Destiny can be prevented, if by only through a miracle. Have faith. I'm sure you'll live on to a good old age."

AGE IS A GAME COMPANY!!!

"Of course it is." Lucifer said, before whispering to Illya. "As long as we agree to his crazy thoughts, we'll be fine. Good luck on your quest."

Illya would see a flash of light before returning to the area Jing and Nov were at.

Noticing her return as she stood back up (her becoming unconscious had lead to her falling into the ground),Nov looked at Illya before asking.

“I take it his response was that "a miracle could prevent it all" then?”

“That was the same response I always got whenever I asked about how I could actually die for real so that I could join everyone else in the next life. ...well,that is,until I've found out that my parents were still alive.”

“Weren't you with your own father by the time the two of your got out however?”

“He was forced out of a nation he and I settled in against his will,after someone discovered his identity as the demon Barbatos. Thus I grew up not without him by my side.”

“That was only the beginning of the reality check I didn't ask for apparently. That's a story for another day however.” Nov spoke,wanting to avoid explaining more of his past than necessary. His refusal to recount his past didn't go unnoticed to Jing,as he nodded.

“Understandable.”

“.....Even then......the time I had a vision about a world where the three of us were not related by blood......I saw both of you having a better,mostly normal life compared to every other alternate realities that I've been seeing. I thought I could be relieved that there was at least one time where the 3 of us were alive together. Until it ended with both of your blood curdling screams....and nothing else that tells me what had ended both of your lives....”

“So it was because of that.....you've gotten desperate to avert that day and even came here as a result,hoping that us knowing about our impending deaths could somehow derail fate?”

Nov nodded in response to Jing's question.

Without answering,Nov snapped his finger,restoring their surroundings back to normal and back to reality,where he was once again in his vessel's appearance. Nodding towards Jing and Illya,he walked off with his hood obscuring his face once again.

".......I'm sorry Illya."

"It isn't your fault. I need to think about what happened..... Also, I think it's time I talked to Xiao about what happened as of late."
"But weren't you supposed to keep it a secret?"
"Not about the physical threat. You're forgetting the GM Mafia is still around. I'll need protection."

"Good point....hang on."

Jing took out his spare phone (still not enough money for an proper replacement:he's using a flip phone among other mobile devices) and dialed for his cousin's number. Eventually,Xiao's answered the call after what felt like half an hour of waiting.

<"What is it?">

<"Illya wants to speak to you about something. I'm passing the phone to her so that you could both have your conversations.">

Having passed Illya the flip phone,she heard Xiao ask.

"Something you wanna talk about?"

"Thank you Xiao."
"Just don't try flirting with me. I don't swing that way."
"I already know."

-An hour later, Streets....-

Illya was next to Xiao, on the way to her mansion. Her sister Iris decided to stay at the shop, and train with Reiji to become a good fighter so she would be able to help Illya in the future.

The two girls stopped at a bridge, overlooking the city. Illya would hold onto the rails, and sigh, before looking at Xiao. "May I ask you something?"
"Not if it's a proposal to get engaged."
"It's not that. Don't worry. It's just..... Why do you try to keep to yourself? Why don't you have any friends? Isn't it sad, being alone?"

“It would be if my so-called "friends" before then hadn't broke my trust completely.” Xiao answered,looking beyond the bridge. “But now.....I'm more relieved if I was alone as opposed to being with several other people.”

“......No one will ever take advantage of me. No one would ever see me as nothing more than a doormat to be treaded on. And most importantly....no one would ever see me as nothing more than some homework-clearer.”

Of course. Trust issues.

Illya walked up to Xiao, before hugging her. "Not everyone is like that. I'm sure you'll find someone you'll take a liking to. It just needs time before you meet someone that can respect you for who you are."

Xiao felt her heart beat faster for some reason. What Illya said just now somehow must have had an effect on her.

Breaking the hug, Illya would take the lead as they both continue on to her house.

Illya would look back at Xiao for a quick moment, before asking, "Have you ever thought of trying out gunpla Battle?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back