• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Guardian (MrMopp & Fangs9090)

Occasionally, Dynia would beep, but she remained motionless.

Last edited by a moderator:
MrMopp said:
Trina was confused. "Uhhhhh, was that a no?"
No answer.

"Hello? Dinny?"

Still no answer. Dylini just stood their, motionless.

Oh great, she broke her.

Here came the kobolds from the bushes. It is hard to see them in the dimming light except by their reflective eyes that twinkled around her like glitter, but she could make out about ten of the diminutive reptilianoids, all armed with spears, javelins, atal-atals* and stolen kitchen knives.

They gathered under her like kids to a piñata, sneering up at her with their jagged teeth and. yammering excitedly in their ugly little language, except to mock her with something like "No scary, now, eh woof-woof?" or " You DEAD puppy!", or " Heh-eh! Look like FIIIIIG! Big fat fig!"

Trina and growled and rolled her eyes oh so heavily. She could think of nothing more humiliating than getting trapped and laughed at by kobolds. Well, OK, getting killed by kobolds probably topped that. Not the sort of thing you want written on your epitaph.
Well, Trina would sooner chew her own leg off than die via scaly vermin, so she was willing to to take a hard fall if it meant getting out of there and, of course, maul those smug little pests.

Starting with the one who called her a 'big fat fig'.

Nobody calls her fat.

It was perfectly healthy weight for her age.

Normal. Perfectly normal weight.

Trina switched to her animal form, the clothing around her arms and legs ripping as she grew (and scaring the foal bad enough that he peed on her neck. Ugh). After a little finagling, she managed to get some of the net in her mouth and began to chew.

Unfortunately, branch above had bent a little with her weight gain, putting her within reach of kobolds, and she let out a yelp of pain as a one of them noticed her rope-chewing and drove a pike into her shoulder.

(Guess I will have to settle for that.)

(A few kobold were having a squabble about who got to keep the "Kitty statue")

(Just making sure I don't jump the gun again. Is it a good time for her to spring to life?)

(Yep. I was going to do a whole scene from the kobolds perspective, but I'll do that on my own nickel. I don't want the RP to sabatoge my vacation.)

(Alright.)

Dynia suddenly beeped twice. "Update complete. Combat mode, initiated." In one swift move, she spun around, keeping one foot down as an anchor point but using her other four limbs to attack anything near her, knocking it back. Her arm blade had been sheathed to avoid killing anything.

The surrounding kobolds didn't even have time to be surprised as Dynia suddenly dropped down, swung her leg in a full circle and knocked them all off their feet

[media]

[/media]
The commotion instantly drew the attention of the other kobolds who were stunned to see the statue beating up the novices. The leader, however, wasted no time in throwing his spear at the new threat. About a second later, one of the others behind him followed his lead and hurled a javelin from his atlatl. [media]

[/media]
(At the speed it's going, it could pierce armor)

The shaman, smack in the midle of all, hadn't quite grasped was going on and was standing there with a triumphant smile as an inanimate object just came to life to dish out divine punishment upon those insolent hatchlings. But that smile dropped as A spear and Atlatl dart sailed right past his head, and the old dinosaur furiously whipped around, deMANDING to know who threw those.

Dynia, immediately able to "connect-the-dots" between the points of the weapons flying towards her, unsheathed her arm blade and, in one swift strike, slashed at the projectiles, knocking them all off course, stabbing into the ground and trees around her and leaving her without a scratch. Her focus shifted to the kobolds that remained standing.

Now, when faced with an enemy your typical kobold would have ran screaming when faced with an enemy that could deflect their spears like that, but these elite warriors we're sterner stuff.

They prefered the term "bravely retreating."

And it's called a "retreat cry". Not screaming.

In a matter of seconds, the kobolds had fled so fast that they had left their weapons behind. All except for the old shaman who stood there, shaking his little fist in the deserters direction and shrieking at them to come back and look at them in the eye when he's talking to them. With arthritis keeping him from chasing them down to beat them with his cane, the elder put his hand on his hips and grumbled about how he had never seen such disrespect in all his days (memory loss, I'm sure.)

After a moment's hesitation, Dynia sheathed her arm blade and walked to the kobold shaman. She crouched down behind him and looked at him. Suddenly her eyes started emitting a thin beam of light that scanned the little kobold up and down.

(Taking notes. Robot style.)

The kobold must have felt a blip on his impudence radar because he whipped turned around with the terrifying, wide eyed, blood shot scowl of rage only a crotchety old geezer could give, and shatered his cane over the atomatons head. " KHUS YISSA! NO STAIRING!"

Dynia paused, blinking. "Apologies. I was simply making note of you general body structure. For the purpose of stockpiling knowledge, I would like to study your kind."

(Yes, she can blink. She has the blinker feature.)

The old fart didn't care and responded by pulling out a flint knife and scratching her paint.

Dynia immediately identified that as hostility and stood up. She took a step back before kicking the kobold, sending him flying straight up through the trees, right past Trina. The knife spun around in place before falling to the ground.

(The first flying kobold.)

Trina waged her tail and dog-laughed as she watched the kobold sail into the treetops. Still, she kinda hoped he survived the fall. Kobold or no, that guy was starting to grow on her.

Trina shifted back to her human form to talk to Dynia, causing the net to lift back up. "Ok, so now that your done playing around and kicking the elderly, do you mind getting me down from here?

Dynia looked down at the knife that the kobold dropped. She bent down and picked it up then looked up at the rope. She stepped back, eyeing the where the rope was tied to the branch. She took aim and threw the knife, cutting through the rope and allowing Trina to drop down. She walked forward and held out her hand, catching the kobold as he came back down.

(If there's a reference to be made here, I don't know it.)

"No Dini! Wait for me to change foEEEEEE!" And since Trina was no longer heavy and weighing down the net, she fell from a much higher distance and nearly broke her coller bone when a baby mule landed across her.

The old shaman thanked his rescuer by scratching furiously at her face with his claws. As soon as Trina regained her breath, she said, "you caught the kobold but not me? Gee, THANKS. "

Dynia grabbed the kobold by his head and pulled him away from her face before looking at Trina. "I knew you would survive the fall. I was not certain about the kobold. Is your ass ok?"

(I'm sorry, I had to.)

Trina just stared at Dynia with her mouth open, unsure of how to respond. ".... Yeah, my ass is fine." She got up and started readjusting her torn clothes. "Aright, I've had enough embarrsment for one day. Lets get a move on before the whole tribe comes back,"

Meanwhile the vicarious old kobold had stopped his feeble attempts at kicking Dynia and mumbled something as he pulled a dead mole out of his medicine pouch, bit into it, sucked on it, and spat its blood out on the android.

Trina looked slightly concerned. "Uh, I think he just hexed you."

Dynia thought for a moment. "My power source is magic. If this spell should interfere with it, I may have some problems... Do you know how to remove or counteract the spell?"

(The shaman decided she hadn't had enough and did it again, bloody drool dripping down his chin.)

Trina shrugged. "Well, I ain't a wizard but I guess you gotta, I dunno, wash it off? With soap? I dunno. (Seriously, turn his head away, will ya)." Trina buttoned up her shirt. "Any way, I don't think its gonna do to much. That's medicine-magic. Nature stuff. He's using a mole so you might run into a sink hole or two on the way home."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back