• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Guardian (MrMopp & Fangs9090)

Dynia stepped through the hole into the exit tunnel. "We have found the exit." She noticed Trina's excitement and looked to see what she was looking at. "Have you found a meal?"

Trina gave the automaton a funny look and shifted to human to talk to her. "What? No! This is my PET." As if on cue, The foal recognized Trina's voice and quickly sidled up next to her. She bent down to pet him. "This little guy's family."

Dynia bowed her head. "Ah, my mistake. Apologies." She walked on ahead, stopping at the mouth of the tunnel. "...my map of the area is incomplete and out of date. I must make a new one as I go." She turned back to Trina. "Do you know the area?"

("I probably should eat you" she cooed to the foal she was comforting. "You had me looking everywhere for you")

Last edited by a moderator:
Dynia watched in silence, observing her behavior. She looked out of the tunnel, scanning the area around.

"Sure," said Trina. "Like the back of my hand. But first, I got to get home. And before we can even think about going outside, I gotta to grab some clothes." She reached behind an unlit lantern that was on the wall and pulled out a key. "My family uses this cave for when we need to 'change' before heading into town, so we got some spare clothes." She pointed out a chest in the corner.

Dynia watched her. "I would like to meet your family. I do not have any data on your kind and would like to learn more."

Trina was caught off guard by this forward request. "Uhhhhhhhh... You realize I just met you, right?"

Dynia nodded. "I apologize. I will wait here for you to return, then we can go to the nearest city and search for my memory." She sat down cross-legged, looking out at the rain.

"No I didn't-" she sighed, "Look, I'm sorry for being cranky, its been a long day, but your being a little inconsiderate right now. First of all, I don't know what your masters taught you about manners, but telling a complete stranger that you want to come and gawk at her freak show family is just plain RUDE. Second of all, who's this 'we? you're talking about? I thought you just wanted directions, not a guide. I don't do that for free"

Trina walked over to the chest, unlocked it and started pulling out clothes. "You can stay the night at my house, I'm sure my folks won't mind. But you want a favor done, we gotta talk about payment."

Dynia turned to look at Trina. "I appreciate your hospitality but I'm afraid I don't have any currency, and there are few who would accept knowledge as payment. I suppose all I can offer is protection." She paused. "I don't know why, but I feel like I must protect you, simply because of knowing you."

Trina chuckled. half amused, half flatered. "Thanks, but I think I got protection covered." She began to get dressed. "Service would be work, though."

Dynia tilted her head slightly. "Service can have several applications. Which are you referring to?"

Buttoned up her shirt. "Chores, mostly. Stuff around the house. Garden work. Chopping fire wood. Cooking. I dunno. What can you do?"

Dynia stood up and looked herself over. "Hm...my body is made to be light and flexible. I am capable of performing most all everyday actions. I am also capable of advanced acrobatic maneuvers." She unsheathed her arm blade and inspected it. "My blade is made of a stronger, less flexible metal than my armored body. It's main perpose is for combat, though it may be useful for other things." She sheathed the blade and looked to Trina. "Are these capabilities suitable?"

Trina scratched her chin. "Ohhhhh, you're a war golem." She put on some shoes and a cloak. "Well, there ain't anybody around here that needs killed (on second thought, I could probably name ten), but I think your good. Honestly, I'm not all that concerned about you repaying me, I just don't want to feel like I'm getting dragged around willy-nilly. We'll figure it out when I'm think'n straighter."

Trina looked over and noticed the wet foal was still shivering. Clearly cold. "Oh, you poor thing! Come here, baby." She threw her cloak over the little mule and scooped it up the in her arms. "Aright, let's roll. What was your name again?"

Dynia bowed politely, introducing herself again. "Dynia. I'm pretty sure it is of the Ancient language, though I do not know what it means."

Trina had started walking but stopped to give Dynia a funny look. "I thought you're masters were ancient. How do you not know?"

"I am assuming that information is in the part of my memory that is missing. Finding more of my scattered pieces will likely restore my memories."

"Ah." Said Trina. She continued to walk. "Aright, come on. Let's go. Oh, and keep your eyes peeled for traps. Bunch'a kobolds around around here have it out to get me."

Dynia walked after her. "I am not familiar with kobolds. What do they look like?"

(Is it still raining? I lost track.)

(yes, it is.)

Trina lifted an eyebrow. You'd have to have memory loss not to know that. "They're these horrible little lizard-people. About knee high. Usually they're smart enough not to bother anyone bigger than them, but I kinda ATE their cheiftan last week so they're out for blood."

Dynia glanced around. "Right. I will remain quiet to avoid detection." Dispite her words, the rain still made noise as it hit against her hard frame.

(Almost ready to transition to the house)

Trina laughed derisively, "Like I CARE if they see us. Those pipsqueaks couldn't take me on if they had the guts. Just don't fall into any traps and we'll be fine." Trina noticed that the lightning was still flashing and decided to take a path through the trees rather than cutting across the meadow again.

"Anyway, there are nastier things than kobolds around here." She said as she tromped through the ferns. "I mean, There's pair of gryphons around here who could do a number on me if they were hungry enough, and I heard that there might be a Timber Giant that moved in. There's also this old reynard- that's a fancy word for were-fox- who wanders though now and then and likes to pull some hocus-pokus crap. It's annoying (and kinda scary) but he's never harmed anyone who didn't deserve it so were cool with him. However, if you see any wolves, especially if they seem a little braver or smarter than usual or just act a little 'off', let me know. We might have another wolf-clan muscling in to our territory"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back