Group IC

Liam had darted in after Emmalia, having said a polite hello back to the knight in dark armour. The weird looks from the people already there didn't seem to faze him; he was just happily chatting away to Mouse hidden in his sleeves. Apparently the metal creature had gotten over his stubborn silence, as the two of them were looking over several paper charms.

"hmm... Mouse, what do you think made those people wolves? True heart curse? Polyblood? Maybe the shapeshifters disease? No Mouse no druid spells, the bugsies would have told me then, probably not an accidental case of fuzzy arcana either... yeah we should do that. Thanks Mouse, you're really smart!" Grabbing a big wad of papers from his bag he went around with a large smile on his face. Every person he saw that would go out he'd hand one to; and on it stood a detailed magic pattern. Clearly hand drawn but with the skill of someone who had drawn a thousand ones the same. Yet most of the men didn't even look at them, some would compliment him on his drawing and shrug him off, others would just look at him like he was an annoyance and ignore him.

Eventually his round had ended, and he had finished with giving his companions a piece of paper, talking to Mouse quietly.

"Oh no, it's okay Mouse, I'm sure they know what they need. If they don't want the charm then they probably already have something else!" With a certain nod he looked back at his friends, who now had their own paper.

After a bit of a wait still it seemed the person designated to dealing with the adventurers came out on stage. Soon after it had been a rowdy back and forth conversation about pay and information, before the man had shut all bargaining down and told them to bargain when they came back with something to show. Those that weren't happy with the price could leave. A few did, but not many, and a little while later the conversation had drifted to squeezing out the last drips of information and some halfhearted jokes.

Liam had listened intently, even if he was not sure why the loudness was necessary. Now he quietly took out a different paper, the design on it far more complex than the earlier papers. Different layers of circles had interlocked to create new shapes and runes, appearing like quite an artistic feat alone.

"If you want to we can go out now. It would be rude to have the wolf people wait because these people want to joke. Mouse thinks so too, and he's very well mannered!" Again he nodded with big eyes, as if Mouse was the ultimate source of knowledge. Undeniable, infallible... and maybe to him he truly was. For now he just showed them the paper, as if they would know exactly what he meant with it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Waldron looked at the paper in his hand, then at the one Liam was holding. He was confused with them, yet not on what they were, on what they did. He knew they were some sort of magic enchantment or rune. "Although i'm on board for leaving early, this bickering and joking is getting us nowhere...What are these, friend? It's not that I don't trust you, yet some wards can be extremely dangerous, especially if you have no idea what they do." He studied the symbols, although he couldn't formulate an explanation no matter how hard he focused. Regardless, he folded up the paper and put it on his belt, knowing that it may help him later on. Although it could be dangerous, so he eagerly awaited a response from Liam on what exactly this was.

Emmalia had watched the young Liam run around to all the people and give them the little paper pieces. Her own she hardly glanced at, for by the time Liam had given it to her, the men started bickering. She stood to the side and watched them all silently. Few of the men took notice of her, but one did and said something to his friends with a sneer. He sauntered over and said, rather loudly, "Well hello there pretty miss... you here to provide some 'fun' when we all come back as conquering heroes?" The whole time, as she'd watched him approaching and as he'd spoken to her, she'd watched with a cold, unfeeling expression. The moment he finished his question and grinned darkly, she had her hand in her lion's gauntlet faster than he could blink, and she brandished the razor-sharp hooked claws in front of his face. "I'm here to kill feral lycanthropes before any other innocents are murdered. If I were kind, I'd be here to protect you worthless idiots. But I'm not. So go laugh with your friends while you can." Her voice was a quiet growl, but from the expression of the man's companions, even they had heard - or maybe it was just her gauntlet being close to their friend's throat that scared them. For a moment, the man seemed likely to attack or speak slander, but the almost-silent hiss of her claws scraping together made him think otherwise. He huffed and walked back to his friends. Slowly Emmalia took off her gauntlet and replaced it on her belt.

Emmalia had moved closer to "her" group after that. They all seemed competent, at the least. Waldron seemed nice, too, which helped her opinion of him. Being a battler and being kind was bravery indeed - Emmalia herself wasn't brave enough for that. "The Knight is correct, Liam. We have no way of knowing what these cards do. I think it's safe to say we all wish to leave before that clusterfuck, though." She nodded her head toward the group of squabbling men, then looked over her group. They were fighters, clearly. Were they all dark hunters? The Dark Knight, maybe, but the others? Likely not. Emmalia still had her pendant showing that she'd completed a dark hunter's training. Emotionlessly she listed off her diagnosis of the situation. "However, before anything else, this should be said: the lycanthropes are feral, from the sounds of it. I'd have no restraint, were I you. Unlike a typical lycanthrope, they don't merely go back to their human lives. The wild-half has won out. What remained of their humanity is gone by this point and they won't care to try to regain it. Some lycanthropes, even when they've lost out they return to their senses, these feral ones will not, they're too far gone. Don't look at these lycanthropes as men - they're not. Thus why they retain their wolf-like shape after the sun has risen, and when it's not a full moon. Whatever turned them is all that's left now. You're doing them a favor."

Pyxis listened in to Emmalia’s analysis on the lycanthropes and nodded his head to signal he understood. He had long ago put away the paper that was given to him by Liam. Although he was very fond of magic, he still trusted the boy enough to not give him something that might hinder him in battle. “I think it is best that we start moving out. Soon the fighting will end and they will all rush off to try and find the beasts.” Pyxis was very pleased with his group for the hunt. The huntress and knight seemed like capable fighter and rather decent people. While the young boy, he seemed mysteries, but for some reason Pyxis trusted him more than anyone.  Pyxis then faced the front door “So who is taking the lead? Or better yet who wants to take the lead?”

"Strategically, heavy armor should take the lead." Emmalia said as she looked over her companions, then focused on Waldron. The heavy armour one. It suddenly struck her that she didn't know his name. "However, I don't know your skills in tracking, so I can't say if you would be better than I in finding the lycanthropes. In which case it would be myself, you, Liam, then...." Damn. She didn't know Pyxis's name either. They didn't exactly have time for pleasantries, but it was difficult working with people whose name was a mystery. Perhaps they could just quickly say their names. "Perhaps for ease of communication, we ought to do a quick introduction. I'm Emmalia." 

Waldron thought for a moment, before falling in behind Emmalia. She was right, no matter how much armor he had and military strategy he could come up with, he wasn't skilled with tracking. And lycanthropes weren't exactly the type of monster to charge out and meet you in full on combat, so someone would need to go out and find them. "Well, I'm Waldron, nice to meet you Emmalia." As they started out, he had unsheathed his blade, resting the large, sharp weapon on his shoulder. Because in his opinion, having it already drawn would save precious seconds when they were engaged in combat. His patience was growing thin, though, he wanted the group to leave a few minutes earlier than the raving band of fools, and eventually they would rush out with a blind fury that would either drive the lycanthropes away or get themselves killed. Neither was a good outcome, yet he'd rather have these people out of the way. A grim thought, yet in the grand scheme, it made hunting the lycanthropes easier for the actual hunters; he had faith in his group, they all seemed strong and well accustomed to their capabilities.

When he had been asked what his papers exactly were, he had looked then back over again as if he had to make sure himself. Then held it up a bit higher as if that'd change things, but decided just to explain in case.

"It's a charm to search for wolfified souls! See! And the other one is to make sure you don't get a wolfy soul! They're not wards, just charms... but I got wards too if you want them? Oh and, hi Emmalia, hi Waldron, I'm Liam! Mouse doesn't want to say hi yet... he thinks he's ugly, but I think he's just overreacting." For a moment Liam looked in his sleeves in search for the elusive, vain creature, but to no avail. "Let's go find the wolfy people... I don't like those other people either, they look at me weird..." They had indeed, and though Emmalia had taken the brunt of the bad, the men had definitely given weird glares to the ever-smiling kid in their midst. But now he could leave them Liam had enthusiastically half-ran out of the hall, only waiting occasionally for his comrades to catch up.

Until he stopped a little bit outside of the small town, and he'd put his paper down on the dew covered grass. It stuck, and he knelt in front of it in silence for a little while. Or as silent as he could be, occasionally whispering at Mouse to be quiet.

Pyxis listened to everyone, internalizing his thoughts and comments. So far, I am confident in our abilities and feel like we complement each other’s person well. “So, if I understand correctly Liam. These charms are to prevent us from getting the lycanthrope curse. If that is the case, I’m very thankful for this charm.” Even though you couldn’t see it on his face, you could tell he was happy and genuine. Also, Pyxis was glad to be formally introduced to everyone. “It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Emmalia, Waldron, Liam you may refer to me as Pyxis.” He wasn’t sure what to make of Liam’s comment about some mouse. Either way he figured he would humor the small boy. “Well, tell mouse that I say hello and that I am looking forward to meeting him.” He flexed his fists to make sure he was warmed up in case any trouble arose.

Emmalia had watched the proceedings in silence. Waldron's drawing his blade caught her eye, so she followed suit and put on her lion's gauntlet. As she waited for the others, mostly Liam while he did whatever it was, she slowly slid the sharp claws against each other. Though she had sharpened them the night before, there was one spot that sounded just slightly dull. The metal didn't ring perfectly. Of course nobody else could even hear the metal scraping, but she did and it irked her that they weren't perfect. 

She shifted her buckler from its holster on her back to her left arm, and loosened her shortsword in its sheath. With a glance at Waldron that clearly said she was impatient, and a shifting of her position, she said, "It is nice to meet you all. Whenever Liam is... done with that, we should head out. I suggest into the forest toward the mountain'mountain's more approachable side. Lycanthropes prefer caverns that they can actually climb to, after all."

While the two were discussing, the air around them had grown awfully still. And so had Liam, not speaking to Mouse anymore, instead sitting in quiet focus as his hand hovered over the paper. Taking a few deep breaths, until finally the paper responded to the magic it had been infused with. The runes glowing a soft blue, and the dew on the grass rose in eerily illuminated mist. It didn't seem to spread beyond Liam though, as if attracted to him. The blue glow spread, and it was as if a little part of the world was covered in twilight. Meanwhile the boy appeared to have been pulled in completely by his own spell, his hands having fallen idle, and his chin resting on his chest. One could have figured he'd fallen asleep in the middle of casting, but the hood of his robe and his hair hid how his eyes had rolled up and backwards. One didn't need to see to sense souls anyway, if anything it'd only distract.

The mist around his body had whirled with magic, until it apparently couldn't contain such power anymore. Suddenly cast off it was like a blue shockwave ran through the world, except it never moved anything. Rather the pulse was a manner for Liam's mind to unveil a wide area of souls, alive or dead. Focusing only on a certain type, he didn't need more than that split second to identify the few beings cursed with an animalistic soul. The ragged wisps of wolf around a barely human core only able to belong to fully turned lycanthropes.

It took a few seconds for Liam to find his bearings afterwards, breathing out remnants of the blue mist that quickly dispersed until he had mentally tethered back to the world of the living. The first thing he noticed was the paper in front of him; burnt exactly where the circles had been. The rest of the paper was taken care of with a quick snap of his fingers, and the rest of the paper instantly erupted in white fire that left no traces. After that his eyes fell on his friends, and as to why he'd actually put himself through the spell.

"The wolfy people are hiding deep in the caves. I think they're asleep, but not all together. They probably don't like group hugs... maybe they're not friends." For a bit he frowned, apparently actually wondering why they wouldn't be friends, before figuring the only answer he could find was that they weren't. And to him that was apparently just as good an answer as anything else would be. Sometimes people weren't friends and that was okay, but he liked to have many friends, and that was okay too. And sometimes things just weren't friendly by nature, but it would never be him that wasn't friends with them, and even to the werewolves he held no bad feelings. They had to die, and Liam did not kill for bad or for good, but to keep a fine line of balance in the world. 

@Dragongal @loyalwolf @Killershard

Pyxis watched with astonishment and slight apprehension as Liam performed his magic. When it comes to magic Pyxis always found it uncomfortable and slightly disturbing. The fact that this surge of power not only affect the world around him, but also the caster always left a sour taste in his mouth. Pyxis felt that humans should not be able to tap into this power and that nothing but tragedy can follow from magic. He turned his face away not wanting to see the ritual anymore. Seeing the boy cast a spell brought back some painful memories from his past. In his head, he heard the old sounds of screaming and the smell of burning flesh. It was about to overwhelm him when Liam’s voice brought him back to reality.

“So, the wolves are in the caves and they're not together. We should figure out how to handle this. Chances are the minute we attack one, the noise my alert the others.” he looked at the group and assumed they covered each other’s weaknesses fairly well. Of course, he couldn’t be certain until they actually were in battle, but from his experience, he could tell that the huntress made up for his speed, the knight was there defensive shield, he could offer brute force and the kid had the whole magic thing covered. Yet, they aren't use to each other fighting styles and the wolves could always overwhelm them. then there the issue of the wolves running away the minuite they hear the attack. 

“But at least we know where they are hiding. good job Liam, your spell helped us out a lot!” He looked at the huntress and the knight and noticed they both seemed prepared for battle. Hopefully, if they are luckily all of them will come back alive and be greeted with some decent pay. Either Pyxis was excited to see these other fighters in action.

"I just have one rule, we stick together..." Waldron said as the group started on their path "We will be much more successful and hopefully less injured that way. If what Liam says is true and the wolves are seperated, we may be able to use numbers to our advantage." Although this usually wasn't the norm with fighting lycanthropes, it would be much more preferable than being out numbered by them. He was trusting Liam on this, though, how he was able to detect their foes with the use of magic. He had similar powers, yet he didn't have the energy to use them currently. 

Waldron thought more about magic usage as the group proceeded forward, how the others might view it. Of course they might be surprised when a large knight such as himself casts a magic shield, some people abhor its practice as a whole, and he did not want to alienate himself from the rest of the group. Of course the fact still stood that he wasn't able to use it currently. There simply wasn't enough energy that he could use.

"I can guide us to the cave entrance," Emmalia offered as she took the lead. Liam's information was useful, but they still needed to find the cave entrance. Of course it wasn't long before Emmalia caught the scent of lycanthrope on the grasses. Once she had the scent, the rest of the trail was easy: scratches on stones, half-filled footprints, etc. Tiny things that added to the larger picture. 

When Waldron spoke up, Em looked back at him and nodded as they continued. He seemed to have good ideas and some experience. It would be useful. Hopefully her fighting style would be compatible with his, since his armor made him a very useful person to have around. "Numbers would be best. We have to try to keep quiet, though, and take them out one at a time without alerting the others."

A little while later they were heading towards the caverns, and Liam just followed with the usual spring in his step. Talking to Mouse (who was still hiding in his sleeve) he picked out spells that would work best against the wolves, in combination with his teammates. Even though he didn't really know what their strengths were exactly, but Liam did see that they were all bigger and badder than him, and he'd decided that in that case he'd best try to make sure they didn't get overwhelmed by lycanthropes.

The caverns were visible from quite a while away; at one point the mountains had clearly shifted, exposing all the eroded systems within. Most of the hollows however had caved, were too small or simply too shallow to provide really anything of a hideout. Yet there was one fairly clear opening to a cavern that was dug half in the dirt and hidden slightly below the surface. Peeking over the edge would show that it went deeper down inside, and a slight sound of rushing water could be heard from inside.

"The wolf people are in there, they're still a bit further in I think. I'll try to find them..." With a short motion Liam shook three little bugs out of his sleeve, or things that could have been mistaken for bugs at first sight. If one looked closer they would find the bugs were actually made of metal and small parts. They moved and acted just like the real thing, except perhaps for the oddity that they seemed to listen to Liam's softly whispered request. With a soft buzz they flew out into the cavern, emitting a weak blue glow that was not even able to penetrate the darkness they were soon swallowed by. 

The group had halted to allow Liam to do his magic. Emmalia was still on edge, with her weapons at the ready. Even though it would give them a clear advantage to know just how far in the lycanthropes were, Em was anxious to get to the fight. The place reeked of lycanthropes, as well as blood from the monsters' hunts - human and animal. She could see further into the darkness than most, but the darkness was thick and impenetrable, so she was forced to rely on sight, scent, and sound to hope to detect the lycanthropes. Liam had his bugs, she only had herself.

Not the she needed to be patient at all. The sound of claws on stone caught Emmalia's attention. A lycanthrope was apparently awake and conscious... and it was only a matter of time before it caught their scent. Em looked to the others and mouthed, "Stay silent, one's coming." Her free hand strayed to touch Liam's shoulder to get his attention so she could signal for him to stay there while she moved ahead to lead the group in.  Her eyes immediately adjusted to the dim light and allowed her to lead with ease, and the others could follow the softly glowing crystal she put on the side of her belt to allow them to see her. The group could certainly not hear her steps, after all. The cave allowed sound to echo for a good distance, so she could hear the lycanthrope pacing, pausing, sniffing, growling quietly, and approaching. The trick would be to take the lycanthrope out silently so as not to wake the others. It had already moved very close to the cave entrance, so they could allow a little noise... maybe.

Suddenly Emmalia set the crystal from her belt on the ground and ducked to the side into a shallow indent in the stone. She looked to Waldron, who had followed her as they had agreed, and signaled him to keep his sword up. When the lycanthrope moved in toward the light, Emmalia lunged, using her buckler to push the werewolf off-balance to Waldron while her shortsword cut the tendons in its legs so it couldn't run. Waldron would have to get in a swift hit to keep the thing silent, or he could let it fall onto his blade.

@Killershard @InsanEleven @loyalwolf

Waldron had bid his time with Emmalia, waiting patiently, gripping his greatsword cautiously as they had proceeded through the tunnels. He could've charged forward to save time, yet he waited. And patience paid off, as the creature was pushed towards him, he drove his massive weapon into its back and with an impressive feat of strength, hefted the creature into the air for a slight second before slamming it back onto the ground, hard. He had yanked the blood from the creatures back and slammed it back into the wounded and gouged creature, finishing it off with a spine crunching blow.

He then turned around, out of breath, towards Emmalia "One down...How many more do we have?" He had looked at the dead body for a moment, mumbling something to himself, a blessing of an easy passage to the realm of death, as it was a custom to help protect bodies from the curse of undeath.

Liam had looked curiously at Waldron, both to answer his question and to find out what his soft prayer was about.

"The bugs only see four more, we'll just have to be very quiet and go there. And I don't think the wolves will be not death again, it's very hard to be not death when you have nothing to not die for. Surprisingly easy when you have something to die for... again, though." As he spoke his thoughts Liam got a bit of a thinky frown, and looked at the werewolf before shaking his head and smiling again. For a moment he looked at the different paths, then pointed adamantly as if his whole earlier thought never happened. "This way!"

Pyxis contained on following the directions of Liam and made sure to keep his wits about him.  The sound of water dripping from the stalactites hanging above, kept drawing his attention. On top of that, he could hear the faintest echo of the water. That told him that cave system had a lot of nooks and hollows. Every so often their path would curve or split.

Pyxis picked up on a small snarling that echoed from further down the path they were heading. “Did you guys hear that? Something tells me that our target is far away.” That’s when the sound of a growl, that sounded more high pitched than the previous sound was heard. Pyxis believed that that creature that made that sound was different from the first one he had heard. If there were two wolves ahead of them, they needed to be prepared. “What is our plan if there is more than one wolf up there? Because if there is more than one we can’t rush in there and expect all of us to come out alive.” Pyxis slowed down his walk so that they had enough time to think this through.

Emmalia tipped her head toward Liam to give Waldron his answer. As they walked and she kept lead, she adjusted her shortsword and gauntlet. Her buckler would likely be truly one of her main weapons in the coming fight, so she took her time adjusting that. Everything Pyxis heard, Emmalia heard too, though clearer. When he spoke, she paused and turned around to face them. She had to be careful to keep the irritated edge off of her voice - after near-silence, his voice seemed loud, but it wasn't his fault. "If there's two, then we kill two. Use one wolf body to block the others. There's four of us, help whoever needs it. Don't stab your allies. And keep quiet, please. That's it." In her experience, planning too much for battle was worse than planning too little. Emmalia had a good feeling that, unlike what Pyxis said, she could run in there and expect to walk out live. Perhaps she'd be very ill, but she'd be alive.

Waldron laughed shortly " 'Don't stab your allies', I felt that was an obvious one. Don't tell me I can't trust you fellows?" He didn't think much about the comment he made, leaving it as a slight remark, nothing more then that. He said this as he moved forward, dropping his blade into a pool of water in the cavern to wash the lycan blood off of the weapon, cleaning it to keep it out of the enemies senses, namely smell. Waldron believed that this would be one of their enemies greatest advantages over them, their largely better and more acute senses. So, Waldron would keep himself quiet and clean, leaving no way to trace him in this darkness until it was too late, until Waldron was able to cleave at his enemies as he got closer. Of course, the werewolves most likely possessed increased sight as well- yet in caverns like these, the twists and turns would prove a valuable asset in their assault against these treacherous foes.

As the others were bickering about obvious dos and don'ts Liam had hopped ahead in his usual happy spring, not really minding anything about the cave or the fact that there were four rabid beasts still around there somewhere. Really, he could have been walking down a bright summer path. Although he did seem to be somewhat concerned with what Mouse had to say to him, the little creature having his nose out with thin wired whiskers sniffing around. Liam whispering back in reply.

"Oh yeah, they do really not smell that good. Maybe they should take a bath... I don't have any bath spells on me though. Hmm... we could try that, but burnt things don't smell much better and the other two would smell it too." Quite carefully he sifted through the few spells he kept stored in his sleeves on cards, the intricate drawings and runes evoking a sense of power despite clearly being just ink and paper. It was perhaps the knowledge of a skilled mind that came with it that gave rise to such types of unease.

"Maybe... this?" Triumphantly he held up a card, only to turn the next corner and see the dark shadows of two sleeping creatures. Halting him in his hopping and making him look surprised, albeit not shocked. Meanwhile the werewolves had smelled an unfamiliar smell to the usual wolf urine and damp cave. Namely the soft flesh of Liam's quite fragile looking body. Lowly growling the two figures got up, glowing yellow eyes stalking him in the dark. "Uh-oh..." Was uttered, followed by a very softly whispered "Mouse... this spell takes half a minute..."

Despite the card in his hand glowing brightly blue, it appeared he did not have another thirty seconds to charge it. 

Liam's quiet whispers had gotten to Emmalia's ear, but she had assumed they'd had more time before wandering into the wolf's den. Either way, Liam had gone out of sight from the light clipped onto her belt when he'd turned the corner. The growls were what jolted her attention. "Liam...?" She threw a glance back at her comrades. "I'll guard him, keep him in the sidelines, you kill them, don't worry about me." Immediately she drew her shortsword and moved forward. Tactically, the idea wasn't unsound. She was short-range but immediate, he was long-range but took time. Therefore, Emmalia could protect Liam while he cast a spell. And since she could take the risk of getting bit, it was extra-sound. The trick would be looking like she didn't care.

It only took Emmalia a few seconds to reach Liam. She could see where the wolves were and where Liam was. With her buckler on her left arm, she reached around and grabbed Liam before pulling him to the side so that her left arm was around Liam's front. She secured herself and Liam in a niche in the corner of the relatively small cavern the wolves were in. Now, hopefully, her comrades could make the finishing blow before she had to make Liam vulnerable.

Pyxis was amused by the conversation and discussion that took place because of some simple statements he made. Either way he enjoyed the pause, to discuss their action and putting the end to the silence that was plaguing the group.  For a split-second Pyxis’ attention was taken up by Waldron and the fact that he was cleaning his sword. That’s when Emmali called out for Liam and Pyxis immediately had a bad feeling about the situation. Pyxis charged in right behind Emmalia and followed her instruction to the best of his ability.

He came face to face with two wolves, both looking ready to kill anyone who entered their territory.  The wolves identified their potential prey, focusing through their sense of smell. They attempted to draw Pyxis within striking distance without being detected. The wolves began to get very close to him, most likely trying to close the distance in case anyone fled. Luckily for Pyxis this payed into his advantage and readied for one of the wolves to attack. Finally, one of the Creatures lunged at him, trying to take out a chunk of his flesh and the other tried to take him out from behind. Pyxis uses his armored fists to block the bite attempted and gave a swift, powerful kick to the other wolf. Sending one wolf flying and then drew his cleaver sword. Striking through the chest of the wolf. “Sorry creature. Normally I would have a fun hand to hand battle, but your death has to be quick. Plus, I want to have fun with your buddy, I just kicked over there.”

There came the heavy clanking of armor again as Waldron stepped out of the darkness of the cavern, slamming his metallic boot down on the throat of the downed creature Pyxis kicked earlier. Hefting his sword into the air, as he did so, the creature raised its clawed hands in defiance, yet he slashed wide and far, causing bleeding gashes to appear in the palms of the beast before spinning the blade around and smashing the massive piece of metal into the creatures heart. The dark knight looked down at the dying creature "Well, I suppose if anything qualifies us as a good team, this does." Waldron let go of the blade, stepping back and watching the creature twitch into its death throes. He then let out a slight sigh of relief, looking up at the others, yet the grim visage of his helmet offered no sense of joy, pride, or victory as he reached over to the lengthy greatsword, yanking it out of the lycans mutilated chest.

The blue glow surrounding the card had faded when Emmalia had pulled Liam away, and he had just looked on from her grasp watching the two men kill the werewolves. His hands holding her arm down so he could see, until it was over, then quickly hobbling over to them. As if caught in his thoughts for a moment he stared at one of the bodies, and although it was dead without a doubt Liam seemed to have his own ideas about the situation.

"Hmm, you're right Mouse, but it might not work. Not quite all the way is still a lot of way..." Searching his pockets he found a piece of chalk, looking at it triumphantly for a bit, as if he was happy with the feat of finding it. But then his face returned to semi-serious thoughts again as the matter at hand was not to be taken lightly, just happily. He hadn't been a big help in fighting, but he would try to be a big help to the dead wolf person. One way or another. But he would have to act quickly, while the remnants where still lingering. Soon there'd be no more connection, and then the fates were sealed forever in the eternal writing of death.

Thus he set to work on his own writing, several silvery bugs appearing from his sleeves, their white appendices filled with a thick inky liquid that would leave runes on the walls as they floated and crawled about. Soon enough a magical pattern had settled around the dead werewolf, not that extraordinary except perhaps for no liquid daring to break those lines. Like the physics of the world were avoiding breaking this intricate balance chalked down.

The finished pattern resembled a big circle crossed through by a star like geometric shape, of which each point had another smaller circle. In the midst of every circle was a bug awaiting something it seemed, but only Liam knew what, and he was busy figuring out his own hands. Having pulled up his sleeves to his elbows tattoos with the same type of magical devices tattooed on, in a strategic matter where he could combine different circles using different combinations of his fingers and hands. Now he seemed to be searching for a particular combination that would fit the complex puzzle of his spell, holding his fingers up to his arms until he finally found it.

"Oh yeah, there it is! Thank you Mouse." Still happily he pressed his wrist combined with several fingers of his other arm on his own outer circle. Immediately activating the full force of the magic now all it's elementary pieces were complete and the sources of power had been fitted. The arcane machinas shivering with bright blue power, pulled from Liam and his bugs. From the ceiling of the cave the water that had been so frightful at first now seemed to descend withing the inner circle as a fine, thin mist. Until it touched a quiet bright light. Hovering halfway in between here and there, but the light did not stay passive for long. The white mist turning black like smoke, swirling around it as if it was about to block it out for good in a quiet war of silver light and blackened corruption.

The light was losing.

It was however about to get help from a most unlikely front: with Liam slowly lifting his hands off of the circle, starting to magically pluck at the fabrics of the corruption. Even when he removed his hand the parts that had constituted the circle kept glowing faintly blue, the spell still in effect. But as he moved his fingers they appeared to carefully make new circles, only partial until they aligned just right physically and with his mind. Resulting in quick outlines of magical circles in the air, which in turn affected the darkness. Clearly it was a long and precise endeavour, as he had to only pluck the bad and not accidentally weaken the already faded good.

Time however was a fickle thing in caverns still occupied by two feral werewolves. And as right as Liam could fiddle with the unseen strings of souls, as little he could do to defend himself. But low growls and angry snarls coming from within the dark ends warned that the smell of blood, sounds and perhaps the faint lights and tremble of magic in the air had woken up the last two enemies. 

Users who are viewing this thread