Group IC

InsanEleven

King Allyn the Autistic

iYmVLQt.jpg

The following is a notice to all adventurers,

The Territory of Grunberg has come under the threat of a clan of feral lycanthropes. As of late it is estimated at least 15 of the creatures stalk the pine woods on the outskirts. A hefty bounty has been set aside for those who bring any or multiple of the creature's heads to the town hall of Klarau.

Furthermore an official party will be raised in this town hall on the 15th of the Wine Month; all those who want to join in will have to meet up before the noon on this day. The bounty will then be split per head per person.

Price per head: 100 silver pieces

Every next head will bring in an extra 10% of silver.

For further clarification or payment ask for Burgess Waldemar.

ZAuJVsI.jpg

The small figure cloaked in dark robes stared at the board, dimly lit by the light of an oil lantern, and the ink slightly running from the fog in the air. Despite being in town streets it seemed the heat of the coals in the houses didn't keep the mist in the field. Yet he did not seem to mind, nor interested in getting inside. Only the notice deserved attention, and the subsequent inner debate on whether or not he should follow it.

"Do you think we should join the other people or try alone?" With none beside him or out of their mind enough to go outside at this hour, it appeared he was talking to himself. Softly in hushed tones, seemingly slightly secretive but listening attentively to the silent reply.

"But not liking people isn't enough to risk losing. I'm sure the others didn't mean it, and maybe they like us this time?" Apparently he had had bad experiences with people, which was perhaps the reason he only crossed this place when none was there. Yet it didn't seem that strange considering his behaviour that people were wary of him

"Oh no... of course it isn't you. You're very pretty! None wouldn't like you."

With that said he decided he had spend enough time on the notice, moving on on the muddy roads with a spring in his step one would not have expected. Not from anyone at that hour, in that weather, even less so someone dressed in such dark garbs. 

eGUbk6E.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The fog was nothing to the huntress as she moved through the town silently. With nobody out on the streets, she wasn't unduly concerned about being seen, and even if she was, she didn't care. They had no reason to bother her, and if they tried, they wouldn't get very far. The hood of her black cloak was up, hiding her face as she ducked into a tavern. Immediately upon opening the doors she'd been assaulted by the scents of beer, dwindling fires, and food, but none of it tempted her: she had a sole reason for being there.

In the corner sat a man with his hood up as well. Ignoring everything else in the tavern,t he huntress walked over and dropped a bag on the table in front of him. He glanced up and practically lunged for it, but she was faster, and smacked his hand away. "Payment first." The man looked up at her, almost in fear, then nodded and pulled out a small bag of coins. With a quiet huff, the huntress let him pick up his bag and she took hers, then poured the coins out in her hand to count them. While she was occupied with the glimmering gold in her palm, the man was paying attention to the harpie feathers and talons in his hand. 

Satisfied with her payment, the huntress turned away and walked out of the tavern. She had no business there anymore. As she was moving away, though, a bulletin board caught her eye.

Pyxis was Sitting in the local pub, trying to enjoy a drink and some food. Even if the people here were rather loud and just enjoying themselves. Pyxis wasn’t as entertained. You see, most people would just see the laughter of friends and co-workers. The drunken singing of the regulars. The hunters and travelers telling great stories about their adventures, around groups of people listening with envy.

Pyxis on the other hand, saw things differently. The loud, uncontrolled laughter of people and the gossip they were telling about others. The off-key tones of the drunks and their foul-smelling breath that seemed to infect the air. The outlandish stories from people and the way they could easily convince others there were actually heroes. Plus, the way they romanticized battle and killing. The food wasn’t the best either, but it was all he could afford at the moment. Overall, he just felt like he didn’t fit in. Which was the truth for the most part.

Ever since he entered the pub he felt eyes on him. They gave him strange and suspicious looks and the minute he walked by everyone, he heard whispers. Even the young lady that severed him his food, seemed to keep her distance. All this combined for a very uncomfortable, lonely and awkward eating experience. I can’t wait until I’m out of this wretched place. I can’t believe I spent the last of my gold here. Pyxis left his payment on the table and sat up. That is when everything seemed to stop and everyone turned their attention to him. Sighing, he made his way towards the door. I can’t even stand up without these people being rude. When he made it out the door and he took in the fresh air.

Now then first thing on my to-do list is to find employment. He began to aimlessly walk through the town, taking in the environment and the people going by.  Something or more like someone caught his eye. From the look of her attire and the way she presented herself, she is a hunter or warrior. But unlike those people in the pub, she actually seems to have seen battle before. I wonder if she would know of anyone willing to employee me? Pyxis approached her, trying his best not to startle her. She seemed to be looking at the bulletin board. His curiosity was peaked and he looked to see what was so special that it transfixed her. He read through the notice and let out a small smile. Looks like I was blessed by fate today.

Clank, clank, clank; The black-armored man strode through the town, his armor was all but covered by the crimson red cloak thrown over his shoulders, yet the grim, spiked helmet sat atop his head, lined with grit and dirt. Along his back was a massive sword; a common greatsword. The man himself seemed not to be focused on anything in particular, yet it was hard to tell when his face was covered in a shroud offered by the helmet. He held his head up with pride, as he was a knight, a defender of the people, adorned in mighty armor; yet whoever he looked at was often faced with a sudden feeling of fear and dread.

After a while of making his way down the street, the man reached for his belt, pulling out a small paper. A map. He was new to this town and had to figure out which way to the nearest work board. He needed to find some way to sustain himself and make money, and slaying monsters seemed to be the easiest thing to come to him. After a while of peering past buildings, he spotted such a board, after pocketing his map, he approached, his metallic figure mostly hidden under the cloak as he stood waiting, patiently, for the people to move so he could find something.

Hood still low and cloak about herself, hiding her weaponry, Emmalia glanced to the young boy looking up at the board and approached, standing beside him to read the sign. What was such a young kid doing outside at that time of night? And looking at the employment board nonetheless? Most importantly, why was he talking to himself? Presently she became aware of another presence behind her - one with a very heavy tread and even breathing rate. Someone evidently used to wearing his heavy armor. Emmalia didn't move or do anything to acknowledge his presence. A few moments later, there was the even steps of another person in armor approaching. The knight's cloak did little to muffle his armor - full plate this time, and from the sound of his breath, also quite used to his armor. This one waited a little ways back, though. Emmalia turned just in the slightest, not in the direction of the first man to approach, but the second, who hung back in dark armor. "Come on, then, Dark Knight, the sign's here. No need to skulk in the background waiting." 

@Killershard @InsanEleven @loyalwolf

Waldron chuckled, taking a few steps forward towards the post, looking over everyone else that was currently there. "I thought people were supposed to wait their turn?" he said as he approached the group of people, giving a nod in the form of a greeting to each person who looked his way. He stopped, looking over the board for anything particularly dangerous "Might as well nab something yourselves before I do, I plan on grabbing whatever's the most dangerous on here." with this, he went dead silent again, waiting for the others to speak their minds before pulling whatever job he saw fit off the board and being on his way, as he wasn't one to stay and have idle chatter.

@Dragongal @loyalwolf @InsanEleven

A bright smile had found its way unto Liam's face when the woman had joined, and after that the large man with the strange hair. Hair that in particularly interested him, as he had seen his own two-coloured eyes, but never hair like that. He'd have to investigate that later for sure. But just as he was about to speak, the knight had made his appearance, and all the happiness in his world had been replaced by awe. With big eyes he stared up at the dirty armour, as if he'd seen something impossibly amazing.

"Hooo... I like your helmet sir! It's scary!" After which he smiled like the new moon, clearly not scared at all. "But if you scare all the dangerous things away you'll never finish your job... so I can come with you and then it's not so scary!" Smiling again he hopped on the tips of his toes, eager to test out this idea of his. 

@Killershard ( @loyalwolf mentioned)

Waldron held back a small smile under his helmet, kneeling down to face the child. Although he usually, actually almost never interacted with a child, he thought he could spare a few words for a kid that actually appreciated his armor instead of being afraid of it.He pulled his dark red cloak back, revealing the sharp gauntlets and deathly visages adorning his armor. "Very good point lad... Yet do you really think you could be brave and strong enough to go out and fight things like that?" He looked up at the other two, in a quiet way asking them to step into the conversation; as he wasn't the best with kids and this showed moderately.

@Dragongal @InsanEleven @loyalwolf

Pyxis watched the interaction between the small, joyous child and the older, grim knight. These are very contrasting points interacting. On top of that, the child seems like he is off in his own world. I should just move on and ignore these distractions. The knight looked at the huntress and himself for aid with the small child.

He stepped forward and looked at the younger of the group closely, even going as far as picking the boy up by his upper body. He made sure to control his actions as to not harm the boy. He took in every detail about the boy. Everything from his black hair color, to those odd colored eyes. Something about those strange eyes transfixed Pyxis. What is a boy so young doing out here? He placed the boy on his shoulders. “I don’t think we should question this boy’s bravery. His sanity? Yes, absolutely.” Pyxis addressed the knight with respect and spoke like he had a deep understanding of the situation. In truth Pyxis wasn’t sure what was going on but he knew that either this boy goes out and fight those monsters by himself or with some help. Pyxis didn’t want this boy to fight those monsters alone. After all he knew firsthand how dangerous and painful it can be to take on the world on you own, especially with monsters out there. Both in-creature form and in human form and the world has no pity for the young.

He smirked at the knight “after all he doesn’t seem that phased by going out and hunting monsters. He even can address you directly with no waver in his voice or his gaze. Something tells me this boy is going to fight those creatures with or without your help. And I for one, will not be outshone by some kid.” Personally, he had no worries about the boy but these other people gave him pause. He needed to make sure he trended lightly with them, especially since he didn’t want to start a fight. Pyxis then looked at the kid. “Tell me, my younger monster hunter, what is your name? And will you allow me the honor of accompanying you on your hunt?” the slightest smile appears on Pyxis’ face.

Emmalia did her best to just stay out of it. She looked the child over - there was something odd about him, about his aura. He was human, for certain, but there was more. That didn't mean she would just allow a kid to join on a hunt, though. That was a responsibility she didn't want. And what if the child got attached? Gods forbid. Why was the large man just encouraging it, though? Perhaps she could put a stop to this. In an emotionless tone, she laid out the facts. "The most dangerous, and most pressing, hunt on the list is a lycanthrope hunt. Luckily, they're asking for as many people as possible. Yet I still don't think that means a child should attend. Considering it's a pack of lycanthropes, well, that is a lot of variables to consider and a child cannot be watched in that chaos." She glanced over at the dark knight for backup on that point. WHo would they be to allow a child to accompany them?

Waldron stood up, nodding in agreement with the woman "We wouldn't want someone so young getting hurt...You have a lot of life still left in you, and you don't want to waste it." As he said this, he realized how sad and demeaning this might have been, yet he only stated what he believed was right. He also hoped his short message may have been enough to knock the man into his senses, this was a kid. A child, that wanted to go out and face monsters, monsters that he had seen tear grown men apart. What could've possibly inspired a child this young to do something like this? As Waldron stood up, he threw his cloak back around himself, covering his body from the neck down again. He then patiently waited for the child's reaction, which he estimated could have been one of two things; either he would begin to sulk, pout, maybe even cry. Waldron shivered at the thought of that. Or the child would stubbornly try to come with anyways. Either seemed like bad options, but he would rather take the first so the child wouldn't get hurt.

@Dragongal @loyalwolf @InsanEleven

Liam definitely didn't mind getting picked up, inspecting Pyxis odd hair for a moment before he was asked his name. He liked Pyxis, because Pyxis liked him, so he could know his name.

"I'm Liam! I like your hair, so you can come I think." He also liked being up this high, the world was so different if you were so big. No wonder Mouse liked laying on his head. Then the worrying about him started though, but he didn't mind if they allowed him or not. Because in the end it was his choice anyway, and the only advice he took was from Mouse; because Mouse knew him.

"Why would you need to watch me? I can see myself really well. And if I'm wasting my life, then you're wasting it too, so we're sort of wasting the same amount of life anyway, right? Maybe you should just try to waste less of your death..." Which got him thinking, how could one waste their death? "And if you've never done anything good, your death is quite a waste!" 

Folding his hands over Pyxis head he laid his own head down on his arms, clearly thinking a bit more about all this. It surely was interesting, but he was never distraught in the least by these thoughts, in fact he appeared quite happy there on the big man's shoulders. Wiggling his toes at this new idea. "I don't mind you not wanting to waste my life, but I just really want to make those poor werewolves not waste their death... it mustn't be nice." Pyxis had been right in his saying that Liam would go alone too, in fact he'd go there smiling. 

@loyalwolf @Killershard @Dragongal

The moment he made his suggestion, the other two seem to protest. The huntress’ emotionless deliver didn’t really convince him. She laid out the practicalities of the hunt and why having a child there wasn’t the best idea. Then the man seemed to go for a moral argument, by saying they wouldn’t want the kid to die. “You both make really good points but you fail to realize if we didn’t meet him he would be going out there anyway. On top of that the three of us have no authority over this boy. Look, I’m not trying to say this is the optimal situation or the morally righteous one but at the end of the day this boy will do whatever he wants. So, the least I can do is try to be there to protect him. Plus, look at him, he doesn’t seem like he has anyone else to look after him.” Pyxis’ words came out very methodically and with good structure. He made sure he put a lot of thought in his response. On top that, it may not be common in these lands but I know that children much younger than him are sent out to battle or worse.

Pyxis turned his attention back to the boy on his shoulders. “Well, its pleasure to meet you Liam. And thank you, my hair isn’t really that special. It's very common back in my homeland for people to have two toned hair.” Pyxis had to admit that the boy's comments confused and alarmed him. He didn’t seem to have any comprehension of the situation at hand. “Well Liam, I don’t really care about the werewolves but I do care about that reward. But I am curious how is a kid like you going to kill and defeat those creatures? Maybe that will put these two at ease, not that it matters what they think but out of respect for their perceptive. Also, to give them a moral reassurance.” Alright kid, here is your chance to prove to me that you can handle this hunt. If you can’t I will make sure both of us miss it but I need your trust in order for that to happen. So here is your chance to shape my next move.

Well that was an easy question wasn't it? And Liam smiled widely as he knew the answer. "I just ask my friends to help. They're already dead, so they know how to make them die the best. And if they don't know then I'll just cast a spell to make them pass on." It was a bit eerie how death didn't seem to faze him at all. To him it was just another thing in the world: as evident as mountains or trees. They were only going to cause harm, and hurt themselves. To Liam, killing them would be a mercy, if not even a thing that just needed to happen.

For a moment he went quiet, before realising a visual show of how would perhaps be more in his favour. Even if he usually didn't quite like wasting his magic on mere show; he saw that it would settle the problem that to him had never been a problem anyway. Because he knew him, like Mouse knew him, and they both knew that if it was only a problem in their minds it wasn't really his problem. But now they had made it his problem, so he would just have to let them know him, and then it would cease to be a problem.

Quite contently still he took out a piece of paper with runes all over. Folding the charm carefully until the design lined up the way he wanted then placing it flat in his hand. With a simple tap of his finger on the centre, the circle engulfed in white fire. The small flame was merely warm to the touch, and not powerful enough to truly harm. Sustaining the fire for a short moment before closing his hand; the ashes of the paper drifting down and colouring his fingers black. Smiling again he laid back on Pyxis head.

"See, if I can't watch myself I can even make it lighter!"

What a curiously morbid child Liam was.... He spoke lightly of death, and apparently he had dead friends? Was he insane, or some kind of minor necromancer? As he showed some moments alter, he was a mage, at the least. But was he any good? And did it matter? The big one was correct in saying that Liam would likely go on the hunt whether they liked it or not. Emmalia glanced over to Waldron."Well, mage or not, I will not be responsible if a child is injured on a hunt. However.... I don't think we can dissuade him." Where were this kid's parents anyway? Something about him told her that he didn't have any.... Maybe it was that aura of his that she had noted earlier. "The hunt isn't until tomorrow morning. I would suggest we all retire and get some sleep. It will do nobody any good to be exhausted." Not that she really needed sleep at all.

Waldron stood, slouched with his cloak thrown over his shoulders, brooding and contemplating the situation. He finally came to the conclusion that if this child truly felt like he could do something for the better, or actually, just kill the lycanthropes. Good, his magic might prove useful, and with someone like Pyxis backing him up, there's no way he wouldn't go down without a fight. After what Emmalia said, he simply nodded, turning on his sharp heel and walking back to the nearest tavern where he could sleep for the night. He spent this remaining time thinking, contemplating about himself and what he was going to do when he got to the hunt.

Liam wasn’t exactly the normalist of people, but Pyxis was still a little amused by his actions and his words. Plus, the kid had magic on his side, something Pyxis believe could be of great aid in the hunt. Pyxis looked over at the huntress as she spoke. She isn’t exactly the warmest of people. Look like I have found myself a group of oddities. “I completely agree with you huntress. We will need our rest tomorrow. I hope You, the knight and Liam up here have a pleasant night and tranquil sleep.” That is when he grabbed Liam and gently put him on the ground.

“Alright Liam this is where I bid you farewell.” he gave Liam a faint smile and nod at the huntress. Pyxis began a slow trudge to a small inn, where he had already rented a room for the next 2 days. When he first arrived into town, he made sure to budget out his money. The first thing he did was rent out a room, making sure to give himself enough time to find work. Either way, it wasn’t exactly the best inn in the world. It was run by an elderly woman, who was very rude if he was honest and the room was nothing more than a box with an uncomfortable bed. Still, Pyxis could really use a good night sleep and he was looking forward to slumber.

Emmalia turned around to walk to her inn. It was large, well-stocked, and warm. Plenty of liquor and food and other people. Distractions. She noticed that as she walked, Waldron walked ahead of her toward the same inn. So the Dark knight needed sleep as well? She ought to have figured, since he was clearly a human. Perhaps, though, he was some kind of mage? She doubted it, generally mages trained in their magic rather than swordplay. Without saying a word, she followed him into the inn. The owner of the inn, some older gentleman, already knew her on sight and set the key for her on the counter.

Finally, refuge. Waldron had walked in, and after ordering a drink, which he would bring up with him as to not reveal his visage, he began discussing with the man at the counter. He asked many things, mainly questions about the people, the land, and finally on the availability of a room. Upon receiving one, he quietly walked himself up the stairs of the inn, closing the door behind him and quietly taking his armor off. A sense of relief washed over him as this was the first time in a two days he had actually taken it off, having been traveling and camping out in the woods to get to this town. He then collapsed into sleep shortly after having a drink.

Pyxis sat on the bed the inn provided him and let out a sigh. Today was an eventful day. I meet some very strange character, but I guess there weren’t too bad. Overall Pyxis was just relieved he found a job and that pays a good reward. The last employer didn’t pay him the money he was promised and that’s why he had to sleep in this inn. Instead of the nicer inn. Pyxis mind could help but drift to that boy. Something about him just interested Pyxis for some reason. Tomorrow he will either live to prove that Pyxis had the right gut instincts on him or he dies and Pyxis just moves on with his life. Pyxis mind, then replayed something his father once said to him. “The goal of all life is death.” one of the only wise thing that disgusting, horrible man ever said. Too bad, he horrendous crimes outweigh those wise world. All this heavy thinking made Pyxis want a drink, but sadly he didn’t have the funds for that. So instead he drifted off into dreamless sleep.

After Liam had been put down he had just waved happily and watched as the others went. "Good night giant knight, scary knight and lady knight!" Then, a little metal nose wiggled it's way out from under his robes, curious now all was said and done. "Oh no Mouse, don't say that, I'm sure they're just being nice. We'll just help the werewolves!" The tiny nose appeared not pleased by that, shaking as if to say no. "I know your parts are worn Mouse, I'm sure that after this we can get you new ones. For now you'll have to do with them, at least you're not rusty. It's easy to get rusty here... I still got to clean the bugsies too."  Finally the tiny creature in his clothes seemed to have been satisfied, slipping back in no doubt finding the warmest and most comfortable spot to stay far away from the cold and grisly weather.

"Do you think this will do Mouse?" Liam stood in front of a house on the fringes of the town, staring up at the wooden exterior gone dark and green. "I'll just ask him if it's okay to stay here for a night, otherwise we'll go with your plan, alright?" This time Mouse had wiggled his way out a little bit further, to see with blue gemstone eyes what was going on. Although the little creature was made of silver parts, gears and screws (decorated with minuscule runes and magic circles) his eyes seemed lively even if the material itself was obviously not alive. A soft glow dancing around, ethereal, as if it came from another world, curiously taking in the sights it was shown. Meanwhile Liam had opened the metal gate, which had been quite tricky to do as it was quite rusty.

"Hello? Sir? Are you still in there?" He knocked on the door, resulting in green knuckles, which he had quickly wiped on the rims of the sleeve on his other arm. Standing on his toes he took a little peek into the house through a gap from where a tiny glass panel had once been. Apparently there was still someone, and Liam's eyes lighted up. "I'm sorry for disturbing you this late sir, but I need a place to stay for the night. Would you mind if I kept you company until sunrise?" Slowly the door creaked open as if the wind and elements had finally broke its resolve. Revealing an empty hallway Liam gladly stepped into, before the door creaked back again. And locked.

"Oh no... how rude of them to do that. No wonder you are stuck sir." A pale blue fire crackled in a rotten hearth, and a little can was hung above it. It had been there a while as the water in it was fiercely boiling. Meanwhile Liam had settled on the floor, on the opposite side of a mouldy couch staring at it intently while he was drinking his warm water from a banged up tin mug. [COLOR=0052b3]"You have held your soul surprisingly well. Although a somewhat faint by now, but that has to be expected after so long. Would you desire me to guide you to the end? It can be hard to find alone."[/COLOR] Quiet for a while he just took sips from his cup and nodded, even if by the end of it he was shaking his head and smiling slightly. "Oh no sir, a lot of people think that. But a bad death has nothing to do with it; you are just holding on to the desire of a good life." Taking a quick sip again he frowned slightly, thinking over his next words carefully. "You have all the right to prefer dreams over life over the unknown of death. And even I can't tell you where you will go, but time will hollow your dreams. They will slowly drift further from reality, until they fade from the unattainable to the impossible. I may not be able to tell you where you will go if you let go of them, but I do know that staying here on your conditions will certainly destroy you sir. It would destroy anyone. Perhaps you should not tell me the life you want, but remember the life you had." Somewhere in Liam's thinking it appeared the smile on his face had been pierced by the intelligence in his eyes. Having laid hidden in his innocence, perhaps unwillingly cloaked, perhaps biding its time. It was there, and that was more than one could say of many. And of those with that kind of intelligence, there were even fewer who would listen to the woes of an unfortunate man.

Liam woke up at Mouse pulling on his cloak, having slept curled up on the floor under it. The blue fire that had softened and faded while he was asleep flared up again, but quickly settled on less intense levels. Meanwhile Liam sat upright and stretched the stiffness out of his body, although a whole night on wood wasn't immediately taken care of. Rubbing his eyes he looked around somewhat, but didn't seem to find what he was looking for.

"Oh, he must have left already. I hope he got it right though..." Patting the green out of his clothes he looked around, and although at first it had seemed the blue light surrounding him came from the fire, a gap in the ceiling made him realise it was the dawn instead. "Of course I haven't forgotten Mouse." He said as he gathered his bag and took the can off of the fire, but in the midst of it he looked at Mouse again who was looking down on him from the top of the fireplace . "I didn't forget your new parts either, I'll make you sparkly again when I can. I think the wear fits you quite nicely." Apparently Mouse didn't agree with Liam though; turning away from him and laying down stubbornly. "Will you still help me with the werewolves? You don't have to talk to me?" Liam had finished packing his stuff, looking at the stubborn Mouse with a wide smile and asking friendly. For a moment Mouse didn't seem to react at all, but then turned around, walking on Liam's outstretched hand with firm steps. His nose in the air as if to say he wasn't good enough for this but just accepted it because there was no better option. Continuing being stubborn while hidden in the most comfy folds of cloth. 

In the centre of town Liam awaited his companions, as the sky turned from blue to grey and stayed that way. Quietly he was sorting through a stack of simple papers, taking out a select few and folding them around his belt; the only other thing he wore was a charcoal pencil and the tiny sharpening knife for it. Still he didn't appear nervous, not even close. He just smiled his usual smiles as if this would be any other day. Greeting the few people passing by politely, not fazed by any weird stares or being ignored. When his first comrade turned up he would greet them with a cheery hello. 

For Emmalia, any morning waking up in a bed was a good one, especially when she had a job ascertained, and a good one. Only a few minutes after waking, the huntress was packed up and ready to go hunting. Her only armor was her thick reinforced leather bodice, and her shortsword and lion gauntlet simply fit on her belt. Her buckler rested on her back, over her cloak. The last thing she did before walking out was pulling up her hood. Didn't want anyone thinking she was open to jovial conversation, after all. She was going to hunt lycanthropes, get paid, and get to the next job. Simple as that.  

When she arrived at the meeting place, the town hall, Liam was already standing there. Without saying a word, merely nodding to the persistent boy, Emmalia leaned against one of the pillars. Smoke drifted lazily from the now-cold braziers, tinting the light that came into the building through the high-set windows. It wasn't unlikely that there had recently been a dance or feast of some kind. Such things were common in town halls. She could see it then, the dancers, the performers, the dim room lit by the torches and braziers; she could smell the delicious foods and plentiful alcohol; she could almost hear the music in the air. For a few seconds she imagined the image, her fingers on her left hand twitching just slightly on the hilt of her shortsword in the positions for various notes on a violin. Suddenly she blinked a few times and the images were gone. I come to terms with being a hunter, yet my own memories tempt and taunt me. I can't allow myself to find such warmth in company anymore. Her movements, as a whole, had been almost completely unnoticeable. 

Waldron had been sitting at a table in the inn, yet had played a cunning trick, his armor was removed. Therefore, no one at all would recognize who he was, and he could go on with his day, getting some food and water to drink. He sat at the back table, observing people come in out, watching intently on people he had met while wearing his armor, careful to see if they could look past his ruse. After having something to keep himself on his feet, he stood up, walking up the stairs back to his own room. He then put his armor back on, piece by piece, afterwards, sheathing his massive sword on his back. He walked out the door as he drew his cloak over his shoulders, hiding the mournful designs of his armor once again.

He walked down the stairs, back outside. Back into the streets where he would find his way to the town hall. He quickly spotted the others, and was quietly assured they had spotted him as well, and started his approach towards them. "So, how long have you two been waiting here?" he had been approaching slowly, taking in his surroundings and looking around him for anything he may have not seen on a first glance. He still didn't completely trust this town or it's people, yet he knew he would have to trust these people if he was going to go and hunt lycanthropes with them.

Emmalia had watched Waldron's approach for a few seconds when he was at a distance, then she focused on examining one of the tapestries on the wall. She could hear his approach easily, there was no need for her to stare. "Not very long. I imagine that it won't be long until the Burgess or some other leader shows up. Along with a hunting party of untrained fools." Fighting a pack of lycanthropes was nothing to be taken lightly. Surely men would come to show their bravado and test their mettle. Those untrained men would not last minutes, all things considered. Emmalia was a huntress, not a baby sitter, but in the end she would probably have to help those idiots to survive. It was not a prospect she was looking forward to. 

Pyxis was lying in bed just looking up at the ceiling. He has been awake for a while now, but he didn’t feel like moving from this spot. Really want to just lay here forever, but I have a job and income to make. He sighed and got out of bed, while stretching his limbs. Pyxis goes and get himself ready for the day, but more importantly for the hunt. Once Pyxis had his armor on, he makes his way out of the in. He gives a small wave to the innkeeper and he hears her whispers that she hopes he doesn’t come back. He then speaks under his breath “Trust me, if this job turn out good I will afford a much better place than this.” 

It doesn’t take long for Pyxis to make it outside of the town hall. He sees a group of men being boisterous and claiming that they will be rich after they take out the lycanthropes. These men are everything Pyxis hate about going hunting. The pay is great and thrill is amazing, but somehow it always draws loud, overconfident, annoying groups of men. He snickers, at least the Lycanthropes will have a good last meal before they are slayed. He enters the town hall right behind the group that continue their annoyingly loud arrogant comments.

He immediately spots the three people from yesterday. Pyxis approached them with a lumbering walk. “Hello again. It’s good to see familiar faces, glad to see everyone got a decent night's sleep.” Pyxis had to admit, that he wasn’t the most pleasant during the morning. He just had to try his best not to be rude to the only three people he could actually stand on this hunt so far.  

Users who are viewing this thread