• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Gritty Feudal Japanese Setting.

Armadillo

Lurker
Hello all,

I'm a new member, but a seasoned roleplayer. Recently, I've had an itch to get a roleplay going that is set in a feudal Japanese setting. I'm open to the existence of demons, and other supernatural elements, but it shouldn't be high fantasy. The roleplay I have in mind would follow a group of vagrants who have been hired to eliminate a young puppet emperor, but things may not be what they seem, and who knows what could happen along the way with such unsavory company. I'm open to suggestions and collaborations. This could be a One on One roleplay, or a group, but I'm not sure I would like more than three roleplayers. Below, I'll include a sample of what the opening post might be. This is subject to change. I lean towards a preference for detailed writing, but that doesn't mean that every post must be a certain length if the situation does not call for it. Quality of writing is more important to me.

-

The Japanese sun set over the decadent village of Odaku. All along the streets, inside alcohol-fumigated taverns, no-goods and vagabonds looked for love in the bottom of a bottle. But not everyone was in town for pleasure. For some, their trip was all business.

Times were tough in Japan since the death of the passing Emperor. The only heir to the throne was his son, an eight year old boy. And in the absence of authority, corruption had spread through all levels of government and there wasn't a single village that hadn't been tainted.

In the corner of the Leaky Dragon, Kano Kurosawa sat, eying the degenerates he'd soon be working with. A mysterious employer had gone to great lengths to gather the most notorious vagrants from all over for an undisclosed job. No one knew what exactly they had been called there for, but they knew that it was worth a fortune.

Most had already shown up, entering amongst the average patrons. And to the untrained eye, they would blend, but Kano could see right through them. It was getting dark out, and the monotonous tune of cicadas could be heard outside even over the sound of live music and laughter.

"Another sake," he said, waving his hand at the bar-wench.

Just as the waitress left his table, and he caught view of the door again, yet another strange figure entered.

-

Thoughts? Interest?

Let me know, but, given that I'm a new member, the messages I can post are temporarily limited.

Also interested but only for a group setting. I noticed you have more than three interested already but you have mine as well all the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back