• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern 𝒢𝓇𝒾𝓂𝓂𝓋𝒾𝓁𝓁𝑒 - A Fairy Tale

체셔

Cheshire Cat

mood.
weary

location.
wonderland

outfit.
x

The morning was much early. The sun has not long peeked over the horizon, yet within the slums of Grimville, all that was there were only darkness. Shadows loomed in every corner, the songs of lost souls and stranded dreams. Where each and every weary being stumbled upon, when all hope was lost and future bleak. Desperation sees no age, no status. No man, woman, nor all that stood in between could escape its restless clutches. And in the time of need, Wonderland provides a warm home.

A place for the lost, a resort for the tired. An escape from reality, perhaps, and in Wonderland, they promised it true. That the catchphrase is not just empty words, that truly they meant to keep their words. At the corner of the street, under an unsuspecting rabbit hole and through the looking glass were the entrance to almost another realm. Vines coated its railings, of dried twigs and wild roses. And then a wooden door and a lock much too big for its size.

The place is ran by a few unpopular, yet at the same time notorious, pack of individuals, each one standing out too much to be unrecognizable. No one where they came from, who they were and what they did. Going by aliases that sounded too made up to be true, perhaps they too have not known their real names, either. Their ring leader: the White Queen, was rumored to have been related to the past serial killer dubbed Hearts. None of the visitors had ever seen her, as far as anyone know. Then there was the Cheshire cat and The Mad Hatter, the two icons of the lair. When one is brought in conversation, the other must follow. That was only how things worked.

Cheshire scowled as he removed the phone from his ear, glaring at the name upon the screen with its flickering rejected call notice. Sighing, he propped himself upon the counter, tapping his fingers across the wooden surface. Of course he had grown concerned- that man could not take care of himself even if the whole world had not been on his tail. The stress had eaten up much to him that he felt his hair began to lose its colour.

"Tweedle-Dee! Tweedle-Dum!"

A pair of twins, currently sweeping the floor, bumped against each other, furrowing their brows while they rubbed their heads.

"What's going on boss?" asked one of them.

"Ye, what's I about to say," chimed in the other. "Er, boss."

"Have any of you heard anything at all from Hatter?"

"Hatter?!" A voice came from the other side of the room. A rather lean but short man with a squeaky voice spoke up, brows knitted to a frown. He was called door mouse. "What's he up to now? Can't he see we're busy enough these days?"

Then, as though the mouse felt the glare sent to him, he stubbornly huffed, though a flush appeared by his cheeks. Impatiently Cheshire tapped his foot on the floor, then he reached back over his phone, about to give the man another call when the entrance door bell rang.

"Who goes there?!" the mouse hopped on the table, using a cane as a sword in a fighting stance. The twins rushed away to the back door, and Cheshire peered up from his desk, eyeing the figure that have walked in the room. Clinking of heels, a sharp scent of fresh apple. Bright red lips curling into a smirk.

"Well, well," Cheshire began, and a sly cat-like grin crossed his expression. "Not a place I'd expect to see you in, really. So what brings you here- Detective Snow?"
code: s e v e n s e v e n

Last edited:
MOOD: investigative

OUTFIT: click!

basics
MENTIONS:
xxx

INT:
xxx
tags
TL;DR xxx
tl;dr
Ivory Snowdon
Snow White the Princess
A woman walked across the office, the heels clicked on the snow white marble floor and everything was quiet. She walked across the room and her fingers brushed the whole length of the dark ebony table which could comfortably accommodate twelve people when necessary. And those short, yet carefully manicured, ruby red-painted nails screeched a little when they touched the surface. Her bright eyes scanned the table, the bowl filled with dark red apples which promised the juiciest adventure and them moved onto the wall with black lace wallpaper. Her moves were strong and confident but her face was anxious. Things like these never happened in her town and she hated to be dealing with them now.

“I’m sorry, Detective. Your officers have arrived.” A weak voice sounded through the intercom and Ivory Snowdon took a seat in her leather chair, unbuttoning her typical black jacket.

“Send them in.” she spoke and took a deep breath. Ivy, or Detective Snow as people sometimes called her, was having her hands full with the gruesome murder on the street and her suspect was on the run. Not only that. He got himself help and it was some help indeed. That little pawnshop fairy thought harboring criminal was a wise idea. Well, she was in for a surprise because Snow was now onto her as well. For now, she was not really sure but there was a suspicion that the new drug, also known as the Pixie Dust, was coming through her shop. And associating herself with a murderer, Maddie Bell couldn’t do anything more to get under the radar. Snow was going to get her. And Jacquez the Hatter. They both were going to take a trip down the rabbit hole. But the would definitely not be happy about what they would find there.

“Talk to me, gentlemen.” she spoke to Grumpy and Dopey standing now in front of her and they both knew better than not to obey immediately.

“He is nowhere to be found, Detective. We went to all his usual places and also checked Bell’s apartment. It’s possible they were there because we found two tea cups and put them into evidence. The ashtray was full but all butts were lipstick stained so we assumed only Bell smoked. But we also sampled that as well. Yet, there is no trace of either of them so for now, we are waiting for the lab results to confirm that Hatter was at Bell’s place.” Dopey talked first and his voice trembled slightly.

Ivy stood up and walked to the small golden cage. A little canary was sitting there, singing his song quietly. She opened the cage and let the birdie hop onto her finger. The fingers of her other hand caressed him gently as she sighed. “Nowhere to be found you say. Waiting for the results, right?” And she returned the canary back to the cage. “WE DON’T NEED THE CONFIRMATION THAT HE WAS AT HER PLACE BECAUSE WE KNOW HE WAS!”

Why were people so utterly stupid? It was all up to her. Taking a deep breath, Snow regained her composure and buttoned up her jacket again. With a quick flick of her wrist, the top drawer opened and she put her gun and her badge on her belt. There was only one place she needed to go to look for the answers. And only one person who could give her the answers she was looking for. Like a breath of fresh air, Snow swished around her helpers, grabbed an apple from the bowl and took a bit. “I’ll be back later. Try to make yourselves useful until then.”

---

It wasn’t until a bit later, maybe around the time Hatter and Maddie were leaving Helena’s place (and maybe not) when Snow’s heels sounded on the filthy streets of Wonderland. The smell was making her sick and yet her face never winced. Snow was the top class for a reason and with her head held high, she walked right where she needed to be.

The warm welcome was not expected but the room was still full. “Morning, gentlemen.” Snow curled her red painted lips, perfectly matching her nails, into a formal smile. No warmth, no kindness, no pleasantries emanated from that smile yet some could be fooled. “I came to talk to you…Cat.”

Folding her small frame into a chair in front of him, her bright eyes followed every move in the room. One quick flick and her legs were crossed, hands rested on her knee.

“You know where he is, don’t you? Hatter, I mean. So if you do, Cheshire, I do recommend you to tell me. This way, he is just dragging more and more people down and it’s enough that honorable Miss Bell has already managed to make her record dirty. You wouldn’t like that, would you?”

Those lips were smiling but poison was dripping from every word. Maybe it was that apple she ate. Maybe years and years of fighting crime. But this Snow White was far from the one in the glass coffin. This one didn’t need that coffin, rather would put you in one. Faster than you’d expect.

code by valen t.

Last edited:
체셔

Cheshire Cat

mood.
dangerous

location.
wonderland

outfit.
x

Red lips. White face. Raven dark hair. There was no mistake in her poise, the elegance and charm she carries into the room. A woman truly unlike no other, do not let her beauty deceive you. Snow White was what people call her, a name befitting of a beautiful rose- thorned and bloodied.

When their eyes met, Cheshire attempted not to flinch. There was a certain appeal to the coldness of her icy blue orbs, bringing her name to a whole new definition. The feline-like male had simply leaned back against his counter, arms crossed and face unfazed. Briefly his eyes scanned the rest of her, and he tried not to appear so calculative, as opposed to his usual professional demeanor. Still, there was little that could have been done when it is Detective Snow herself who took the visit to Wonderland. It was not so difficult to put the two and two together.

With a single flick of his hand, a narrowing of the eyes, he had sent the twins scurrying off their stout little legs. A brief smile of greeting, lift of the edges of his lips, though his eyes were very much unamused. A curt bow that follows, one that is rather ironic in nature. “I must say I am charmed,” he replied when regarded as cat. It was his nickname, though not his real name, of course. It felt odd to have come out of an official, yet it was very rare that any of the Wonderland denizens regarded as anything other than their signature roles. “Would you like some tea? Don’t bother answering that, we do not take no for an answer when it comes to tea time.

Cheshire clapped his hands, and this time, a rather mousey looking woman scurried in instead. Button-like nose, a petite figure, she flicked her eyes up and down and her voice quivered when she spoke, nosey and floaty all at the same. “H-here you go, M-miss!” A small white porcelain teapot, a pipping hot cup of tea, all set on a tray with a tremendous amount of sugar cubes pouring just out its container. She then began to pour the tea.

You sure are one to hold dislike for small talks, aren’t you?” the man replied, cocking up both his eyebrows. Meanwhile, the mousey woman stared back at him, and the tea she spilled had started to overflow the cup, yet she had not stopped for a single second. “Very well then,” he scoffed. “I suppose we are all on the same page, and there is no use to play dumb. Why don’t you come closer, my dear? I’ll tell you what I know.

He whacked the girl by the side, to which she made a tiny squeak. Realizing the mess she had made, she reverently apologized, then sobbed and left the scene. The Cheshire Cat grinned, wide enough to be unsettling. It helped explain how he got the nickname in the first place. Another sheer evidence that perhaps, it was not only the Hatter that was mad amongst all the other members of Wonderland.

I. Don’t. Know ♡ .

He giggled, and then laughed. Then he pinched his nose, shaking his head with a mild shrug of the shoulders. “Besides, if I do know, what makes you think I will tell you? That man would not even hurt a fly, I’m telling you. You and your pesky little crew tailing around him as though you have nothing better to do- oh, that does sound accurate, doesn’t it? In our little utopia after all, where no doors are locked and everyone aren’t mad, what good do cops have? Here, have some vouchers instead so you can spend your time better.

Reaching under the counter, he took a handful of papers and slammed it upon the counter, where one of his hand lay sinking within the pool of spilled tea. “Me? Why, simply put, I wouldn’t hesitate to even punch your pretty face in.” Gritted teeth, a much sharper gaze, he let the papers crumple in his hand. “This is my domain, Snow. The whole of Grimville belongs to you, but we have made it very clear since day one that Wonderland stands for itself. If my dearest Hatter is indeed proven to be this cold heartless murderer you make him out to be, then I will have no say. Until then, if I see you touch even a single strand of hair on top his head, I will make sure you regret the day I will make the poisonous apple taste like cotton candy.

MOOD: mark my words, Cat!

basics
MENTIONS:
xxx

INT:
xxx
tags
TL;DR xxx
tl;dr
Ivory Snowdon
Snow White the Princess
There was no way to mistake the so-called “king” of Wonderland. Where one would usually expect the queen of hearts, one they called Cheshire was sitting. Miranda Headroll was already gone and Ivy knew it. She herself was there when the infamous murderess was arrested. She herself put those cold handcuffs on pale wrists of the former ruler of the Wonderland since the woman was known for her cold heart and cruel practices. Gruesome murders committed by hand of this woman were known far and wide. Impulsive and reckless were the words to describe her the best and the Wonderland’s streets were paved with headless bodies with missing heart. That was her signature. Hence the nickname. Queen of Hearts.

But now, Wonderland had a new ruler. The purple-haired devil sitting in front of her. Their eyes were fighting a war of their own and though Snow was smiling for now, her eyes kept emanating that icy aura that was surrounding her all the time. She was the epitome of cold despite her fairy tale appearance. Lips red as a rose, hair black as ebony, skin white as snow. Some called it perfection. Some said she looked like a walking nightmare. But it also depended on whose nightmare she was. And now she decided to show dear mister Cheshire who she could be. And why people were right to be afraid of her.

He was charming. That much was true. No doubt deserved role he held there. And those looks others kept flashing him. He had their admiration and respect. And they hung on his lips, obeyed every command exactly the way the “dwarves” did for Snow. It was almost impressive if Ivy decided to pay attention to that. Instead, he entertained her with the tea conversation. Knowing Wonderland and its citizens, Ivy knew there was no point in refusing. She would probably not even touch the steaming hot liquid. One could never be careful enough. Especially in a place plagued by this new powder everyone called Pixie Dust as it was said to make you fly. And land as hard as well.

Wrinkling her nose over the mousy woman, Snow watched her and her poor attempt to serve the tea. The tray looked neat when it landed in the table in front of her. But only for a while. Soon it was flooded by the dark beverage. The blue gaze watched it and Snow flashed a concerned look at the woman but she was staring at her king. Concerned look turned into an annoyed one, almost even disgusted one. Now this was service like no other for sure.

“I never liked small talk and you very well know it.” she reacted to his words. “And I think we can agree that there is no need to pretend or play dumb. You know what I want. Or rather, who I want. And you can give him to me.” Luscious lips curled in a smile, perfectly manicured fingers still laced over her knee. Until he exploded. One thing is sparing but straight out threatening the chief detective is a whole new level.

As his hand slammed against the hard wood of his desk, pinning the pieces of paper in the puddle of tea, Snow crunched her nose again but let her comfortable pose go. Cheshire continued, confirming his role of a leader and flashed all those things in her face.

“If he is really as innocent as you say, then he will have no problem talking to me. After all, we just want justice to be served. And maybe your dearest friend can help us to shed some light on the whole situation.”

But she did stand up as well, leaning against the table where it was dry. Her blue eyes sparkled with anger. He dared to talk to her in a way not even her closest collaborates dared. How was he so bold? Did he rely on this to be his domain? Snow could take them all. All of them, one by one. They stood no chance against her and her best friend made of cold steel.

“You’re bold, Cat. Courageous. Or simply stupid.” she hissed and straightened her back, buttoning her jacket up again. Daggers kept flying from her eyes as he spoke again to threaten her. And his poisonous apple comment was the proverbial last drop. With a move faster than lightning, Snow grabbed the piece of a white porcelain, flicked her wrist and a second later, Cheshire’s face was covered in tea which Snow never wanted to drink. “Next time, it will be something else that will fly your way. And I promise you won’t be able to catch it. I will be back, Cheshire. I promise that. You cannot hide him from me forever. And remember, even your crew of freaks can be bought. For the right price. And I will get your precious Hatter, one way or another. So remember, you have a choice here. Either cooperate in catching a murderer or you can also end up in the cell right next to your weirdo friend. Until next time…Cat.” Snow spat the last words as if it was an insult and strutted out of the room. To her pity, it was a second too late so she never had a chance to see two shadows disappearing behind the corner of the corridor. And she went on, leaving the building and standing on the street for a while. She was certain of her words. Everyone could be bought. For a right price. Maybe it was time she tried to pay a visit to Miss Bell instead of Hatter. The blonde had a business to run. Surely she wouldn't let it die only because of a man. And not just an ordinary man. The Mad Hatter of Grimmville.

code by valen t.

Last edited:
MOOD: the tea party gone wrong, right?

basics
MENTIONS:
xxx

INT:
xxx
tags
TL;DR xxx
tl;dr
Maddie Bell
Tinker Bell the Fairy
The streets were quiet. Not many people were eager to walk the pavements so early in the morning. Sure, there were more citizens outside now as they had been before the whole makeover session but for the time being, they were invisible. Even Tink with her new hair color which was bolder than bold. No one would stop them at this point for anything else than a polite greeting. For all they knew, this couple, no matter how strange, was just another one taking a morning stroll. A girl, courageous enough to actually rock the purple hair, clad in purple and green leather, chains and studs all over her clothes and jewelry, rebellion on the loose here. And a gentleman, one that Hatter would definitely regard as boring, in a perfectly pressed suit and matching tie, hair cut and styled and face changed with spectacles that Hatter never needed before.

To Tink, he looked handsome. But she also knew that the poor man felt naked. Only because his head was not covered by a hat. And yet no piece Helena had in her shop would ever do. Jacquez needed his hats. One of his pieces. His creations. He needed to cover his hair with it to be absolutely calm and satisfied. But that was not an option now. They needed to get to Wonderland as fast as they could and possibly without anyone even thinking about who they could be. No extra attention was wanted at this point.

To reassure him, Tink slipped her tiny hand in his. She was small in comparison to him. In his height, Hatter towered over her. She was just a tiny fairy, after all. And yet it was her who was going to keep the man by her side calm. Her warm fingers laced with his, hands swung by their sides as they walked and that gentle squeeze was proof that they would indeed get to their destination on time. And they would get any help necessary. Hatter had friends, right? Someone else besides Tink who was willing to help him. There was definitely at least Cheshire. And what she had in her purse was going to open many doors for them, that much she knew.

It was up to her now. Whatever happened, Tink knew she had to handle it. The man by her side was now like a child she needed to take care of. And she would. He was innocent, every idiot would see that. And despite his weirdness, his peculiar habits or fits of rage Tink had experienced last night, he wouldn’t hurt a fly. Never ever would he be capable of plotting something as gruesome as murder. And since they had encountered the dwarf squad, TInk was certain that the Chief Detective they called Snow White was looking for him herself. And that was never a good sign. The police were one thing but Snow was a whole new level.

From the very first moment Tink launched Pixie Dust on her market, Snow knew something was up. Yet Tink had great teachers up in New York, she knew how to run her operations without ever being revealed as the resident drug lord of Grimmville. Snow was desperate as finding the brain behind this network was her greatest failure and honorable Miss Bell kept clicking her heels on the pavement every day as if nothing happened, she kept having her blueberry pancakes and running her pawn shop. Ivory the Snow White was passing her by with a smile and Tink smiled back, looking her straight in those icy blue eyes. There was no chance in hell that the Detective would ever discover the secret operation Tinker Bell had running.

It wasn’t much later that the couple actually crossed the border of the town part they all called Wonderland. Land where nothing was impossible and where one could see things like nowhere else. Good and bad. Bad mostly. But also good. With Hatter’s hand still in hers, Tink headed straight for the office where the king resided. And yet something was off. She could feel it in the air. The atmosphere was heavy, no people on the streets here, as if a dark cloud sat down on the city and refused to move. Her previous life had taught the blonde girl enough to know when to be cautious and this was definitely one of the cases. She gripped Hatters hand tighter and stuck close to him as they entered the building.

Quiet. Way too quiet for Wonderland. A place that was usually buzzing with energy and chatter all the time. Tink didn’t have to be a genius to know that something was definitely not right. And the scent. Scent of roses and apples. Sweet, juicy and tantalizing, soothing senses and yet making one alert. Her green gaze fell upon Hatter’s face and she pressed an index finger of her free hand on her purple-painted luscious lips. There was only one person emanating such a scent.

The split second before the door of the main office opened, Tink dragged Jacquez behind the corner and pressed him against the wall, covering his body with hers. Her hand landed on his mouth, ever so soft, almost like a touch of butterfly wings. And yet there was urgency in the touch. The very same one as in her emerald eyes that were staring into hatter’s, telling him to stay quiet.

The heels clicked out of the office and the apple scent became so much stronger. Tink only allowed herself a small peek, enough to see the dark figure, raven hair covering the slender back of the Chief Detective, making her way out of Cheshire’s office. The way she walked told the blonde that Snow had not been happy about the meeting. And only when the woman disappeared and the couple waited another ten seconds, Tink let go of the man, found his hand again and marched into the office only to find Cheshire drenched in tea.

“What on earth happened here?” she asked, jaw dropped, eyebrows arched and a sheer surprise in her eyes. Tea was all over the desk as well, dripping over the edge, sugar cubes were melting in it or just laying all over the place and the whole office was an epitome of what Wonderland was about. A mess that somehow still made sense. To a few chosen ones. But it did.

code by valen t.

Last edited:
체셔

Cheshire Cat

mood.
angry

location.
wonderland

outfit.
x

She came as fast as she went, and for that he was thankful. It took him much resolute of himself to not go after her and punch the fair white woman in the face, yet stepping over lines and under- there are some he still must do. If not do it for himself, do it for Hatter, at least. That is all that he had kept repeating to himself and perhaps one day he would truly believe it. Everyone owes much to the Mad Hatter of Wonderland, after all, and not him excluded. Sometimes Cheshire just wished the man would know how much he had meant to them- to him.

It would be an understatement to say one thing was wrong with Grimville’s system in just, yet at the same time, Cheshire had to admit they have done a superb, though rather disturbing, work in keeping the area safe and secure. It was not by fear, he knew that, yet he refused to believe were it to be from royal just. What good is morality for a person, if they not know of consequences? But they could not have been living in fear, all those teeth-numbing smiles and morning tuneful- could it? Perhaps that was what the Wonderland is for in the first place: an escape from their masks.

A guilty pleasure.

“Cheshire, Cheshire!” Came trotting in the mousey woman, her little upturned nose twitching in the sight of the other male. She squeaked, her hands to her mouth, before tapping her little shoed feet upon the ground frantically. “Goodness me! Why, are you alright?”

Do I look anything close to fine to you?” the feline-like male snapped, but then held back his tongue upon seeing the younger girl’s reaction. Her eyes, now widened like a pair of dark buttons sewn upon her small face, light tears glistening at its edges. With a single large swipe of his hand, he brushed over his face, where streaks of black ran underneath his eyes. “Damn it,” he murmured under his breath. And to think they were waterproof.

Mouse-y,” he called her, which was of course not her name, too, and her back had straightened up. Mouse-y, or ’door mouse’, is nothing but a nickname that is given to her involuntarily. The same goes for everyone and in fact, the name curled so naturally off their tongue one day, and perhaps no one questioned it. It was odd that they all had a missing link somewhere within the memory, and Cheshire himself would have no knowledge of their real names, neither his own, were it not for the documents the White Queen herself had left him behind. Panya Longtail. Ches-yeo Min. Jacquez Hutmacher.

Be a dear and fetch me a towel, will you?” At that, she nodded her head, scurrying far into the distance in little steps. Cheshire peeked his head over the counter, calling over her. “Oh- and stay away from the right set of shelves, especially the one with a club shaped knob-

A screaming was heard in the distance, screeching of bats and burping of goats. Cheshire felt his expression fell to a stone-cold deadpan. She was a mouse; he was a cat. No wonder they could never get along. And the Hatter? Oddly enough the closest thing he could think of that would resemble the man would have been a loyal old golden retriever. “Oh, Hatter,” he murmured under his breath, wringing his hair with his fingers, then with the towel that the rodent had, rather surprisingly, successfully acquired. “Wherever could you be?

The door then slammed open, and two set of idiot twins came tumbling over. Stuttering in a mess, correcting each other, stepping on one another’s foot. They were called Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle-Dum, though Cheshire never recalled quite why, it would not be so out of place to assume it was a euphemism for dumb and dumber. The towel resting on top his head, the man leaned forward in the counter, eyes half-lidded shut as he observed the two began their banter.

“T-There is a man!”

“No, there is also a woman with the man.”

“Pff- doesn’t matter. Looks more like a little girl to me.”

“Just because she is short does not make her little!”

“Just as how just because we look alike does not make you look attractive!”

“Ugly!”

“Fat!”

If it’s another customer, they are way too early, send them off,” Cheshire ordered, mostly towards the mouse. He wondered if there was any way he could lay off the twins from work permanently, but Hatter surely wouldn’t approve of that. Hatter. His eyes widen in realization, but yet it could not be! Surely they must have known better than to barge in the very place he so difficultly escaped from in the first place.

Yet alas, as the door opened, the face of said petite woman emerged. Purple haired, not blonde, yet Cheshire was very good with faces, thank you very much. Especially when it comes to the face, he must look at often, for businesses and others. And behind her was truly a man, and he could feel his breath hitch by his throat. That man was-

Not a word spoken to spare, his fists clenched. As he moved, the towel flew off his hair. If he had vaulted out the counter door, he had not noticed it for his whole body had functioned in automated. He could tell the man was about to speak, but little did he care. He rose his hand high in the sky and slapped him right across his face.

Jacquez

Mad Hatter

mood.
relieved

location.
wonderland

outfit.
x

What is this feeling?

So sudden and new?

That is, my dearest Hatter, the feeling of being hunted by the entire nation, where every eye pry in suspicion, never before a thicker sense of paranoia, and hatred lingers in the air. The feeling of being uncomfortable in his own skin, where crazy became too crazy, and that itself had become too unfamiliar. The feeling of uncertainty, the flashes of crimson that would splatter about his palms if he allowed his mind to stray just a minute too long. And then there was another feeling, quite exactly the opposite of all of that.

For a stranger just cared for him, whose name and face he knew not much further than that of a piece of paper and quill. For in the first time ever, he had lied his trust on such a person who was not Cheshire nor the Queen herself. That he had not been required to feign a smile, paint a picture of sanity upon canvas of abstracts. It somehow reminded him, again, of the writing desk and raven question. Perhaps he was closer to the answer than he had ever been before, for when he looked up at the young woman walking in front him, her heels clicking and hair swishing, he could quite imagine the answer to that absurd riddle, yet somehow, he still could not quite comprehend it so.

It was unfair that Ms. Bell had appeared so fabulously so in her new get-up, and he only felt like a clown. The way her eyes would light up- her hair had not seemed fake at all underneath the bask of sunlight and meanwhile, he only had trimmed his own and felt as though he had the fur of a wild hare stuck at the top of his head. But then perhaps it was something else- something far deep within. Something that managed to sneak its way out despite all the get up the put themselves into. It makes Tink Tink, but why does it not make the Hatter Hatter?

Yet all these thoughts had diminished when a certain corner approached the block, and there were two figures right by its end, immediately disappearing on sight. The Hatter rushed himself in front of her, going straight in the alleyways. The Rabbit Hole, the outdoor sign has read, but following towards under the staircase, a wooden door and a keyhole much too big for any key a man could carry was present. On top of it a neon sign, currently off due to the time of day. The Wonderland. He looked over his shoulder, and only seeing the fairy, he smiled at her, though the edges of his lips had quivered in anxiety.

You see this door?” he asked, whilst pushing the center of his glasses up his nose. He had to squint a few times to adjust to the lenses, even if they were a pair of neutrals. He must admit, however, that he somehow had enjoyed pretending to clear the lenses with the ends of his shirt. It made him feel smart, and every time he does so he could not help a goofy grin to creep up his face.

Now, I hate to tell you, but not even me has a key as big as that,” he laughed. “So, what we’re going to do is-

Whip! From the sole of his shoes, Hatter had pulled out a bag of tea. Usually, it would have been in his hat, but now it could no longer be, can it. It’s always tea time after all. He stared at her for a while in silence, a wide grin on his face, then he sighed. “Yes, don’t look at me like that, but I only jest. We are not going to fill the hole with pipping hot tea- how sacrilegious would that even be to think of!

Angrily, he slipped the teabag back in his shoes, then stomped the ground. He cast her a quick wink. “Emergency teabags. Just as important as emergency sugar cubes, and!” From the sleeves of his shirt, he pulled out a single deck card. A Jack of Hearts. “The key to Wonderland.

The Hatter pressed its front against the slot, and it glowed green in color, then blue. A click was heard before the door swung open. He was met by the backs of two twins, who he immediately recognized. So, they were the ones that had been outside earlier. And before them, right behind the counter, was a purple haired male. Drenched. Why? But all those had disappeared, for it was only relief that came in after. He would have teared up, and perhaps he nearly had. Who ever says that a grown man is not allowed to cry is either an idiot or a Viking. He had not noticed how worried he was until he saw him, well, alive! Albeit a bit wet, and angry, and approaching, but alive-

Slap!

“Have you completely lost your mind?” Cheshire snapped at him, reaching quickly for the collar of his shirt before pushing the taller male towards the wall before him. “As mad as you are, couldn’t you follow basic orders? Outrageous! Sick is what you are! If you were just a few minutes earlier you would-you would- “ He choked in his words, and for a while an expression flashed within the pair of slit cat eyes. Something Hatter perhaps had seen before, but so long ago. Uncharacteristic of a man as stern as himself, rigid and logical. And his heart hurt from it.

How is a raven like a writing desk?

“And you,” Cheshire shifted his attention towards the blonde woman. Then, he clicked his tongue. “What are you doing here? Is this your idea? Did you force him to come here?”

No-

“Of course,” Cheshire snapped back towards Hatter, who retreated as though a kicked puppy. “Of course, you would not have the heart. Those large eyes and bright smile- of course you would be charmed by it. You are much too kind, that’s it. And that’s exactly why I-“

Cheshire paused in his words. There was a brief panic, at least Hatter could catch on that. A slip of the tongue, definitely, but of what? The purple haired male turned his head around, averting his gaze from the both of them. “I’ll get myself cleaned up. Head to the drawing room, we shall talk then.”

MOOD: Let's go see Miss Bell!

basics
MENTIONS:
xxx

INT:
xxx
tags
TL;DR xxx
tl;dr
Ivory Snowdon
Snow White the Princess
Leaving that wretched place, Ivy was furious. Who would know? No one. Or at least none of those who didn’t know her closely. Her face never changed as it was not appropriate for her to frown or otherwise express her emotions, definitely not in that exaggerated way. But she was definitely furious, rage overwhelming her insides and the woman and her blue eyes darkened, obtaining the shade of gray. Storm was raging in those eyes when the pale, raven-haired woman walked out on the street, buttoning her jacket again. This place. Sorry excuse for a city part. Disgusting. Full of beings that were not even worthy of mention.

Snow White was definitely not the one who was depicted in all those stories and legends. Life changed her. Her job changed her. Dealing with people like Cheshire changed her. Soft and gentle wouldn’t do anymore and the woman had to grow thick skin if she wanted to survive in this world. And thanks to that, she was able to purge Grimmville from the worst of the worst and fill her jail cells with all those villains. And now, now she had one more to catch. One more to lock in the cell because there was no way he was going to slither from her fingertips. Not. A. Chance.

Reaching in her bag, Snow fished out a pack of ultra slim smokes. Nasty habit. She was quitting. Had been quitting for quite some time now really. The lighter appeared in her hand and one crimson painted nail flicked over it, the flame appeared and brought the cancer stick to life. Smoke filled her lungs immediately after the first drag and Ivy coughed. She would never get used to this shit. And yet she still did it. How fucked up was that?

That cat did it to her. He made her to smoke. Distributing blame was important. Snow knew it and could do it like the best of them. Taking one more drag then, the cigarette flew from her hand, landing in front of the door that led to that purple-haired devil, still burning. And the clicks of the devilish heels announced that Snow was leaving the premises. And Wonderland. It was enough time spent in the shithole for one day. There was so much work. So much work to do, so little time.

Speaking of little, how about paying the visit to the pawnshop? Could be useful. Bell couldn’t hide forever, she couldn’t deny forever. And this time, Snow knew for sure that the obnoxious blonde had helped the alleged criminal. There were witnesses, more than one. Hell, Snow would even push one of those orphan boys to talk. One of them already did and he didn’t even know.

“What are you doing here, boy?”

“Getting muffins for Maddie and her friend.”

“Maddie has a friend?”

“Yes. He is with her now. They are drinking tea. His is funny. And has this beautiful hat with dried roses.”

“Does he now? Well, here are your muffins, boy. Run along now.”

News spread like a wildfire from the diner, reaching the ears of the detective. Maddie Bell has a friend. And that friend has a hat. And not just any hat. Who else would put dried roses on his headwear? Who else would be so…mad?

Snow had her and she knew it. With a little more pep in her step, she crossed the border between Grimmville and Wonderland again and her steps led right to the pawnshop. It had to be open now, right? It was that time. And Bell would never miss her profit. She simply had to be there. She HAD TO BE.

code by valen t.

MOOD: PUT YOUR PAWS OFF OF HIM!

basics
MENTIONS:
xxx

INT:
xxx
tags
TL;DR xxx
tl;dr
Maddie Bell
Tinker Bell the Fairy
Moving around the Wonderland was strange. Like a whole new world and yet the same. It was hard to comprehend that the two were still in Grimmville. Basically. Never set the foot out of the town. So why did it feel like the place was so far away? As if it was the world in the world. A perfect inception. It would be almost perfect sightseeing had there not been the ominous threat hanging over their newly hair styled heads. The raven-haired revenge was coming for them and they needed to be ready any time it decided to strike. Nothing could surprise them and Tink was going to do everything to make sure it never happened. Her street upbringing, her life in the place they all called Neverland as there was never a chance for the people living there to make it either in real or decent world, that was going to help them as that was what made Tink the cunning criminal she was today.

Being seriously impressed by the way they got inside, Tink couldn’t stop thinking about how all things were different in Wonderland. It was then true what they said. The this was a place like no other. In more than one sense, apparently. A key card. Something Tink was definitely familiar with and yet it struck her as such a novelty. And one thing was also different. Dear Hatter himself. As if being here brought him the solace the man needed so much. Not even her place, the couch and the tea cup matching his personality impacted him so much as being in this place that was definitely something Hatter knew better than anything else. What did she even know about him? Thinking back? Did she ever come across this man before. She sure knew of him. But have they ever met? Head flooded by millions of thoughts and yet no answer to anything. Not yet. Not…just…yet.

The real surprise though hit them when they entered the place where the smell of tea filled the whole room and a man, hair just a shade lighter purple than Tink’s own, wet and tea-stained was standing at the counter and his eyes immediately fell upon the two visitors. No, that was not the surprise. It was when the purple-haired man, the one Tink assumed was the man who bore the name Cheshire, literally flew to the pair and delivered a hard slap across Hatter’s face, slamming the poor man’s back against the wall. His shrieks cut through the air of the room and after her initial surprise, Tink was filled with ungodly rage. This was the man Hatter trusted the most? The one who basically assaulted him and..and…good god, what was this? How could she feel this? This feeling of…of…compassion, responsibility. Hatter was now her companion and the fairy found herself hating the idea of someone laying hands on him.

“Put your paws off of him, Cheshire. Right fucking now.” she spoke and even though her voice was quiet, it was dripping with venom. One second more and she would definitely reach for her magic wand to press its tip against the cat’s throat.

“No one forced him here. I helped him, I provided the shelter while you were doing what exactly? From what I saw, you were having a nice tea party with the Chief Detective. It was her leaving here just a minute ago, wasn’t it?” Tink saw the shadow and the perfectly shape silhouette was unmistakable. “So tell us, dear Cheshire, what did you tell Snow? How are you so suddenly all buddy-buddy with her?” Cheshire could prick hard. Tink could do that too.

The man seemingly calmed down. Thank god. No need for violence. Not yet at least. And he was right to leave. There was going to be plenty of time for arguments later when the smell of tea from his clothes was not as prominent. Apparently, the tea party went well. But Tink would know nothing about that. Nor was she interested. Her attention was turned back to Hatter and she fixed his shirt, smoothed it out again, fixed his collar. What a motherly gesture. She already said that. He was her companion. He was important to her for some reason. “Come then. The drawing room it is.” And her tone was much softer than the one she took with Cheshire. Her hand found his, fingers laced together again. Automatically.

code by valen t.

Last edited:
Jacquez

Mad Hatter

mood.
conflicted

location.
wonderland

outfit.
x

The expected and the unexpected split apart just behind a simple wooden door. What a case of the unknown- what a splendid feeling, to be kept in the dark. Hatter had always adored surprises, for what is life without a bit of spark? This time, however, it was different. Every moment where a door blocks his way, he dreaded what was behind it. He may not show it- he tried not to, yet all knew that Hatter wore his heart on his sleeves. A crooked smile, a down set gaze, he had entered Wonderland. All only to find that he should not.

From the whole moment he was lectured, Hatter kept his head down, his hand pressed to the side of his cheek that was warm and sore. Surely, he should not have slapped him that hard, but a part of him felt that he was in deserving of it. Cheshire was right, he was always right. For the longest time, he was the brains of their operation. Hatter dared not imagine the state that would befall them were Cheshire not there. But for once, maybe just his once- he thought maybe Cheshire was wrong.

Hatter watched as the two bickered, as in all truth, he was still conflicted. It was not true- it was not just as he said. But when Hatter imagined the way she smiled at him, the way the tips of her lips would quirk slightly and her eyes would crinkle, then glimmered as though the most beautiful pair of gems in the world, he felt his heart skip a beat. Yet for the sake of his own moral senses, he could have put not only Cheshire, but the rest of Wonderland in danger. His family, all the things he loved. Maybe it would have been best if he had just simply given himself up to the detective. . .

When he saw a hand going over to him, Hatter winced and closed his eyes. But reopening them, he was relieved to see that it was only Tink. He allowed her do as she wishes, and briefly before his eyes the image of the blonde girl flashed once more. An old memory. Yet for once, he has stopped being scared of it, instead it felt him with warmth. Whoever this girl was…he must have cared for her, just as much as she for him. Just before Tink left, Hatter reached over her hands, clasping them in his own.

You know,” he smiled warmly, almost a bit bashfully. But then it became a bit sad, and he let go of her hands. “You…reminded me of someone. Someone I have long forgotten.

Does Cheshire know? He hated not remembering, yet at least he began to remember more. He needed to know, and somehow, he felt that his answer is drawing closer than it has ever been before. The fact that his memory is returning gradually, and the fact that any of this is happening. Perhaps at the very end of this lies the answer he seeks. Is it naïve to have a little faith? Maybe.

Er-” he backed from her awkwardly, releasing their intertwined fingers. He felt bad, yet he also felt that they should not. Not like this. Not bearing to look at her in the eyes, he averted his gaze. “Yes, let’s. To the drawing room, I mean.

He led the way, or at least he was supposed to. No, he was not lost in his own domain, it was simply that his mind was watered that it was hard to think straight. The hallways felt repeating and every portrait hung on the walls had eyes that glued upon him. Perhaps it was only how Wonderland was supposed to work in the first place, but when he had arrived by the drawing room, the palms of his hands felt sweaty upon the door knob.

“You sure took your sweet time.”

Hatter almost jumped in place. Turning to look over him, there stood the shorter male, fully changed into lilac blazer and dark trousers. Cheshire casted them no further looks, perhaps even scoffed slightly in Tink’s direction. He shouldered past them, walked in the room and took a seat by the sofa that rested just by the center of it. The room felt as abstract as the hallways they went past, though maybe a tad bit more home-y. The unlit fireplace, the artificial lights that hung by the ceilings in the shape of a blooming evening lily. There was a coffee table (Hatter had really preferred calling it the tea table for reasons that are obvious) yet there was no need to serve any. This was his home. He wasn’t a guest. Yet why did he feel so distant?

“Well?” Cheshire looked up at the both of them, then extended his hand. “Take a seat. Or stand, I do not care.”

Hatter took a quick glance towards Tink, sent her an apologetic smile, before heading in the room too, sitting in the couch opposite of his friend. It felt almost like a child being told off by his mother. Cheshire always had the temper; everything has to be perfect in his presence. Yet never had Hatter seen him that upset before. He was never hit before.

“I, for one, owe you no explanation, Ms Bell,” said Cheshire, shooting yet another glare in her direction. “Yet for the sake of…cooperation, I shall make it clear.”

“Hatter is my family. I love him. Like a brother.” An expression the Hatter couldn’t quite identify crossed briefly in Cheshire’s eyes, though it had vanished as quick as it had arrived. “And so does the rest of Wonderland. Now, if you as much as accuse me to be working together with that little bitch, then where does that put you, a stranger?”

The hand that gripped at the arm of the chair tightened, and when he spoke, he nearly spat. So much for holding back his emotions- it was understandably so, however. Their peaceful days of not bothering anyone, staying within the shadows of Grimville. It could be no more.

“So now, tell me. People like you never do anything without pay, so what do you want? If I can give it to you, I will. Do you want shut-up money? Or Wonderland to be indebted to you? But just you know, if you step over my line, I will fuck you up, hear me girl?”

MOOD: PUT YOUR PAWS OFF OF HIM!

basics
MENTIONS:
xxx

INT:
xxx
tags
TL;DR xxx
tl;dr
Maddie Bell
Tinker Bell the Fairy
Being in Wonderland was strange. And though she may have looked the part, with her purple hair and almost outworldly clothes, Tink was definitely feeling that pang of not being part of this world. Not that it would stop her. Hell, no. She was not the type to back off. Either the world grew on her or she made it to do so. Life was not easy for her and it definitely didn’t spoil her with the luxury of having her own place in it since the beginning. Tink had to fight and she fought hard, she was a fierce warrior and now that the world finally offered her a place, her little apartment in Grimmville, her pawn shop, her business, her claws were deep in it and she was not letting go. And somehow, Hatter, Jacquez, he was now a part of her world too. And if Wonderland was the place where he needed to go, so be it. She was right there with him and ready to stand up for the man who definitely became dear to her. In the quirkiest, weirdest way. But she was not letting go. Ever.

And as they creeped through the hallway, hiding from the pesky detective with the figure to die for, Tink felt some sort of responsibility for the man by her side. And this sense, this feeling, this pleasant obligation led to the outburst in the office where the purple haired man lashed out first at Hatter and then even at the fairy herself. But make no mistake, Jacquez might have been quiet but Tink was not the type. There were a few things she needed to lay off her chest and she very much did so, ready to prick more if the purple-haired male needed to hear it. However, he decided to calm down and leave the couple alone which Tink used to make sure her recent close friend was alright.

Hatter’s words got to her a little, bringing a soft smile to her face as she fixed his jacket. “I’m gonna assume that…it’s a good thing then.” she smiled wider, holding his hands for a little longer when he pulled away. Examining his face for a moment longer, Tink was trying to determine why he pulled away and moreover, what that shy (almost like a deer in the headlights) look in his eyes meant. But since it was off to the drawing room, she stopped investigating and followed the man across the house as he led her to the said room.

This whole time, the former blonde was looking around, trying to do impossible. Remember the way. But in the network of hallways that looked the same and still different, one needed more time and definitely more attempts to do so. Wonderland was truly staying loyal to its name and the fairy decided to stay alert, cautious and make sure her reflexes were on point this whole time. This was not her domain, not her home turf. Cheshire had his advantage here and judging by his looks and words, and now also by the scoff he sent her way once they all met in the drawing room, he was going to use it fully and not hold back. Good. She was not either.

Tink flashed a subtle wink at Hatter after he tried to apologize for his friend with that soft pretty smile. She was the last one to walk inside and took a seat in the corner of the same couch as Hatter though she did make herself at home, kicking her feet up on the table. Massive heels let out a loud thud when falling against the hard wood but the woman sis not mind, she just fished out a cigarette pack from her pocket. A filter found its way between her lips and with a quick flick of her thumb over her zippo lighter, she brought the tobacco stick to life while Cheshire spoke how he did not owe her any explanations.

“Good. Then we understand each other.” Tink smirked but Cheshire still went on, claiming it was for the sake of the cooperation. She let him talk, say his piece, smoke silently as her eyes were pinned on the loud man. Until he finished. And she remained silent for a moment longer only to take one more long drag from her cigarette.

“I can only comment on what I saw. Snowdon was leaving this place, hips swaying from side to side, looked incredibly smug. Even more than usual. Do not mistake words and words, Cheshire, sweetness. Trust me, when I make my accusations, you’ll know. For now, I merely commented. Did that ruffle your feathers too much?” she smirked, bringing her drug to her lips again.

And then he continued. His words harsher than before. The kind that actually made her blood boil. Throwing her unfinished cigarette in the cold, dead fireplace, she stood up. Her eyes were shooting daggers and lips were curled in a cruel smile. “Shut-up money? Debt?” she snarled and was in movement immediately. One booted foot landed on the coffee table, helping her to lunge in the air only to land on Cheshire’s lap, basically straddling the man. No one knew how but her fairy wand was in her hand and the gang girl in her prevailed, pressing the tip on the man’s throat. “Bring it, cat. I dare you. Bring your worst. Fuck me up. And I promise you to send you to the hospital in a matchbox. Just a pile of hairs will be left of you. How dare you to speak to me like I’m nothing but a piece of filth on the sole of your shoe? I want nothing else than to make sure that man over there is safe. So if you ever even mention again that I have some ulterior motive, I will fuck you up. Are…we…clear?”

With those last words, she moved closer to his ear, almost growling it in his ear before she removed herself from him. “Now…I believe we understand each other. I would like to know what our strategy is.” And with the sweetest of smiles, the girl returned to her seat and put her feet back on the table, sporting that daring look on her face. Apparently, her and Cheshire were like fire and gasoline. Yet Hatter was what the link between them. The link of the fragile truce between those two.

code by valen t.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back