• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Gravity Falls [Rowan + Tanner]

Rowan Malrose

[No Longer Active]
Hello! (Based off your profile, I couldn't tell if you preferred Tanner or Crys, so I just went with the first one. I hope you don't mind.)

Okay, so let's discuss! A few questions to get out of the way before we begin:

1. Is there a certain AU you'd like, or just a normal Gravity Falls roleplay? I think either could be interesting.

2. Would your character have a romantic interest, and if so, who?

3. Where in the series would you like to start? I generally start pretty close to the beginning in GF roleplays, but I'm flexible.

Tanner is fine! It's my real name, whereas Crys is just a shortening of my username. So no worries!

1 | I think I'd prefer a regular universe roleplay, at least for now. On the bright side, Gravity Falls is so over the place with the paranormal happenings there's a few AUs we could throw in for short periods of time without messing up the timeline too much under the guise of ~magical mishaps~!

2 | Assuming we're using OCs, I have an OC I usually ship with Gideon. Otherwise, I'm not too big on any of the canon/canon ships but don't particularly mind most of them either.

3 | I prefer starting near the beginning as well!

1. Sounds good! And that is true of Gravity Falls, for sure.

2. Yes, we would be using OCs. I've never really played Gideon before, but I'll do my best~! My romantic interest would be Nate, Wendy's friend. I know he doesn't have much screen time, so I apologize if he's difficult to portray.

3. Okay, so early on it is! Give me a moment, and I'll post the forms.

All of that sounds great! In the meantime, I'll skim through some episodes with Nate in them to refresh myself a little! I shouldn't have a problem playing him; I've played plenty of minor characters~ uvu

Okey-dokey!

Name:

Nicknames:

Traits:

Appearance:

Sexuality:

Crush:

Extra Information:

--------

Name:Monica Jordan Riddle.

Nicknames:M.J.

Traits: There are many words that could be used to describe M.J. Riddle. Ones that are often used are hotheaded, spunky, feisty, etcetera, etcetera. This would be because Monica has a very gruff disposition, and some rather interesting tastes. (Such as her passion for grim art, or her obsession with horror movies.) She is rather daring for a girl her age, the type of person who many would assume to be a pyromaniac. Sure, in Monica's case, it's true, but that's beside the point. She's opinionated and very independent, and due to her habit of deeming human contact not worth her time, not only is she a slightly rough person, but she lacks tact. She tries to to take the feelings of others into consideration, but can be a little blunt in sensitive situations, which only makes others' opinions of her worse. She's not trying to be insensitive, she just doesn't know how to react. She's somewhat arrogant and prone to bragging, but she's not all talk. She does possess an almost obscene level of intelligent, with more strategy in her little finger than most have in their entire body. For her own reasons, she is defensive doesn't like people touching her without her permission. Due to her paranoia, she always carries around a pocket knife, as well as a few other items. Snark is one of her main defenses, so if you don't like sarcasm, it's best not to go anywhere near her. She has a very strong sense of justice and a black-and-white view of the world, and these traits have gotten her into a multitude of problems, but also got her out of a fair few. It's rare that she doesn't get what she wants, as she has proven herself to be rather good at manipulating people. She is certainly a flawed person, but she does have a good heart, deep, deep down.

Appearance:M.J. Riddle. (Tattoo of a small triangle on the back of her neck.)

Sexuality:Bisexual.

Crush:Nate Lockhart, nineteen years old. When Monica's parents shipped her off in the summer to give themselves a bit of a break, they sent her to stay with her mother's old friend, Jameson Lockhart, who happens to be Nate's father. Immediately upon seeing her, Nate was intrigued. He's generally a pretty laid back guy, the go-with-the-flow type, and Monica is just the opposite. She goes against the current and stirs up trouble like it's nobody's business. (Yeah, Nate enjoys a good prank every now and then, but he knows when to draw the line.) She quickly finds place in Nate's group of friends, but sneaks off alone more and more as the summer progresses. Naturally, Nate's curiosity is piqued. Out of all the people their age in Gravity Falls, he was the one Monica trusted the most, which wasn't surprising, considering they didn't really have a choice but to spend time together, since they were staying in the same house. So, of course, he decides to investigate. He'd expected some pretty wild things from Monica, but he wasn't expecting to get caught up in a whole bunch of supernatural demonic bullshit with Monica dead in the center of it all.

Extra Information:

+ Monica never got along very well with her parents. Her mother, the CEO of a large fashion industry, was a flurry of quick kisses and half-there declarations of affection, and her father, whose occupation she never really knew, may as well have been distant as the moon, with how little she saw him. They were never mean, never laid a hand on her or insulted her, but they were never there for her either. There were never any bedtime stories or bonding trips to the zoo. Monica was packing her lunch and walking to school in preschool, and by third grade, was preparing her own meals almost every night. She swears she's never heard her mother, Mary Beth, say her name, as the woman instead chooses to use a wide range of pet names, all of which Monica despises, and the only memory she has of her father, Nicholas, that wasn't in passing is him awkwardly patting her head as she presented him with a kindergarten drawing. Eventually, Monica gave up trying, and soon grew to hold a deep dislike for her neglectful parents. She stayed out of her house as much as possible and found ways to entertain herself, thieving and exploring and just causing mischief. After coming home in a rage due to something that happened at school, and being brushed off by her mother yet again when she tried to speak about it, the then fourteen year old Monica made an extremely bad decision in an attempt at revenge, and she's been trying to reverse it ever since. This is where being sent to Gravity Falls comes in handy: it gave her access to materials she didn't have back at home.

+ [To be discovered.]

Name: Caden Delaney Justice

Nicknames: Cay, but is most widely known as Caden

Traits: The trait that could most accurately be used to describe Caden's personality is brutally honest. She dislikes secrets, and would rather someone openly hate her than sugar coat the matter. Tough luck living in Gravity Falls. With a sternness about her and a dry snark sense of humor, it's not difficult to see why some find her demeanor overly serious. Despite this, she has a great deal of empathy and will try to help where she can, oftentimes landing herself in situations she'd rather not be in. Due to her absolute truthfulness, she's not good at spotting lies or attempts to manipulate her, processing most interactions at face value. While easily offended, she's also a generally forgiving person until someone crosses the line, giving multiple chances despite the damage. She believes that everyone has good in them - something that, especially in this town, doesn't always ring true.

Appearance: Caden

Sexuality: Pansexual

Crush: Gideon Gleeful - He's aware of her particular situation and has no qualms taking advantage of her willingness to help. Caden, on the other hand, has grown to recognize that the supposed telepath is not all he seems. While bristled by the fact that he remains mostly a mystery, she hasn't cut him out just yet, admittedly eager to see what it is that he's hiding and aware of the retributions.

Extra Information: + Caden is a spirit medium, meaning she is able to speak to the dead. The gift is something that she was born with and is generally passed down throughout her family, along with a deal of others. While her mother makes a show of it to make a living, Caden is more reserved, and would prefer no one knew about it.

+ Despite her unwillingness to exploit it for profit, it's not something she entirely dislikes, and enjoys unlocking the history of Gravity Falls through its deceased founders and the townspeople's ancestors.

crystalmethod said:
No problem! I can start if you'd rather! Otherwise, I have no problem waiting ^^
y-yes hello I'm new to the site but I do gravity falls rp and was wondering if you'd be willing to rp?

[dice]24094[/dice]

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back