• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Grand Ultima [The Ultimate Reboot] (Still recruiting new expeditionists)

"Never mind me. Time is of the essence we must push forward." I wasn't even reluctant to say that. My body certainly needed rest, but I no longer felt any presence in the cave it was high time we finished this expedition. I guess i pushed my self too far. Blood was dripping from my nose for a moment and something is definitely wrong, but I was able to take out that abomination that led so many people to their ends and for that I am happy. "The soul crystals are at the end of the cavern. Lets hurry. Madeleine you can go back now." Once again a mauve sigil appeared on the ground and the slender being along with its companions sunk on the ground. When they vanished, the sigil did so too but it left something. It left a needle with a note on it. I gathered every last bit of energy I had and walked with the other two.

@Mine @Seikaze @RedZombieWolf

[settings/Location tab updated, Cave of Lost Souls location information added.]

The air within the cave roared louder as the team got deeper and deeper. The cries of the cursed souls were filled with even more despair and suffering, perhaps those who met an even worse fate than the others who were here before. Wails of torment echoed throughout the forked pathways in the cave, phantoms of cruelly killed people walked past the party disappearing into the darkness. A faint hum of energy could be heard in the distance, getting louder with each step. The environment has begun to play tricks on the eyes of the team, creating many horrifying scenes and even fake traps.

The next thing that happened was no illusion. Shadows created by the weak light of the mist rose up, creating a black, slender figure of a fiend whose eyes clearly craving for the living. It made a hiss and then followed up with a lunge targeting Lupus.

@Mine @Platinum the Trinity @RedZombieWolf

Last edited by a moderator:
It all happened at once. A second. He was not exactly sure. His body simply moved on its own, his hand gripping his sword thightly. He leaped foward in front of Lupus, silent. He would like it to be deadly as well...but he couldn't. He had no time, no chance to have it his way. It tresprassed his body, more specifically his abdomen, taking away his breath first. Images flashed on his mind, then it was all blank. The pain was agonizing, slow as it corrupted him little by little. His legs were the first to fail him, letting his body fall limp onto the cold surface of the floor of the cave. His eyes widened in horror at the prospect of his fate but only for a brief moment. So...this is my end. He closed them, slowly,

Zeri Misiam drew his last breath and crossed the veil.

Lupus jumped backwards as the shadow creature lunged at him. He got out of the way of its blow just in time and lashed out at it with his own attack. He saw Zeri fall before him. Lupus was overcome with rage and fury. His anger took over and his body refused to answer to logic. When his head cleared and the veil of anger was lifted, he saw the creature, torn to bits with its blood all over the walls and himself. "Mage! How's the other noble doing?"

"He met the Arch Fear friend. He is no longer with us." Blood ran down my cheeks, still thick,fresh and warm. The other Count was dead and there was nothing I could do. How did that monster get past my senses? Why did this have to happen? What will they think when we get back to Celestis? So many questions yet none can be answered currently, I am dumbfounded with what just happened. Earlier he was fighting along side me. Now he is lifeless lying just beside me with his whole body covered with blood. I was ever a fighter and the strong man must go now. I cannot yield not here, not yet. I survived and I shall make sure this mission will be finished before anyone else get hurts. I have people to befriend, I cant die without even knowing anything about them. "Press on, there is nothing we can do for him. Delaying this mission might cause more problems. We'd best hurry."

@RedZombieWolf @Seikaze

Lupus frowned in anger, but nodded his head in agreement, "When we finish, we're coming back for him. I'll not leave him to rot in a place like this." He then started forward, going deeper into the bowels of the cave. His anger was still there, and if any other creatures got in his way, they will meet the same fate as the last one

"Of course we will. Just because you're dead it doesn't mean you'll be useless." I am unhappy with this turn of events and my hands have been forced. Zeri will be Mine. As we moved forward I felt faint waves of magic radiating not soon after I saw crystals of pure white shining a strange luster. The Soul Crystals finally. Originally we were supposed to bring back a single sample, however taking more will not hurt and I'll be needing it for something. We took the crystals and we went back for Zeri's body. "Once we get back leave the body to me. I'll make sure his death wont be in vain."

@Seikaze @RedZombieWolf

The team darted through the cave with the soul crystal and Zeri's body in hand avoiding and dodging every phantom that rose up the depths of the darkness. Risking everything, they got out of the cave in almost a day's time with almost no breaks due to the repeated attacks of the phantoms triggered attracted by the soul crystal. Upon getting to the fort, the team was treated in the infirmary and waited for the rest of the expeditionists to come back. In two days, everyone gathered in the east hall for the great news. Elder Meldor stood on the stage gazing at everyone.

"First of all, we've had some casualties with some of the units.. Of course, we will not forget to give them a proper burial. Let this serve as a lesson to all of you here. On the other hand.. Congratulations everyone! You have earned your place in Celestis as its official members. You are now.. Dismissed and free to roam around."

The elder clapped and smiled just before getting off the stage and out the hall.

End Results

Type: Debut Expedition

Objective: Mine a soul crystal from the Cave of Lost Souls Success!

Monsters Encountered:

• Blight Horror
  • Cosmic Mirror [RAIDMARK] Slain!

Items Gained:

• N/A

Rewards:

• MET Recognition Badge [Lightvaliant Blue Division]
  • MET Recognition Badge [Purefell Green Division]
  • 100 Rin Raidmark Reward

Overall Rank:

• N/A

Cave of Lost Souls END

A day has passed since the ship sailed from Celestis. Just this early afternoon, the ship landed upon a valley's opening. A small river in the center of the valley flowed straight through which probably reaches until the valley's end. It acted like a border separating the two mountainous and grassy sides. The fresh smell of the sea and the grasslands felt invigorating to the senses. Beasts like wolves and bears roamed around the rivers drinking or hunting. The blades of the grass sounded along the wind's blow.

Xeina slid down the plank and step foot on the lands somehow fascinated with its natural beauty. All he has ever seen was streets, buildings out of stone, and more streets. This was new to him. "So we're surveying the whole area? That's cool." He grabbed some soil from the ground and felt it on his hands. It was so fertile, that's why the blooming flowers and trees. Fish jumped out of the river from time to time just to be grabbed by a nearby beast or monster. Everywhere was overflowing with life, maybe that's why its name was Valley of Respite, he thought. "Shall we move on?"

@Silsa @RedZombieWolf @Platinum the Trinity

"There is magic that runs in this place." I said with a faint smile. This place teeming with life and beauty is almost unnatural. The moment i stepped foot in the ground I felt extreme flows of magic that are connected to each other. The plants seem to be alive and are communicating with the land itself. This valley is a mystical land and I feel like a guest who overstayed his welcome. I still can't keep my senses together because of this guilt so I hope this expedition wont prove difficult to accomplish. This lot seems to be dependable, but that doesn't mean I can slack off. I will make sure the past will remain in the past. Forever.

"No time limits, not too much limitations, no raid marks given. I say we relax for a while." Ivi chimed happily, jumping off the boat and drinking in the scenery. The Valley of Respite was aptly named, she thought to do it justice now that she needed a rest after what she's been going through. There was a reason not even her Commander General knew what was going on when she locked herself in her room and fasted for an unhealthy amount of time. The place was perfect for a vacation now that the mission they were given was practically an order to get some relaxation time. "The squirt was probably shaken as it is, make the wait since they seem to be quite fine with it."

"What a nice place for a first." THAT was what he was thinking. Not until he got charged by a rabid wolf headfirst and knocked down and the ground with a grunt. Unseen tackle by a wolf, how nice indeed. Of course he had to return the favor. He quickly regained stance and knocked it away with a simple shockwave with care not to kill it. "Bastard." Xeina swiped the dirt off his clothes and walked on trying to stay near the river as much as possible. "These kinds of flowers.. Check. Flourishing land.. Check.." He murmured to himself about the sights to collect information about the reports as if trying to ignore what just happened.

Lupus had very little interest in the beauty of the landscape. All he really cared about was doing the job and returning back to the base. But his companions seemed to be enjoying themselves, so he decided to wait patiently for them. He scanned the surroundings for signs of anything abnormal, as well as to see if anyone, or anything, had passed by recently. Excluding natural wildlife. The only thing out of the ordinary from what he could see, was the rabid wolf that attacked. "Anyone see anything weird or strange?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back