• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Info Grammarly

The Dark Wizard

🔥
Administrator
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hey All,

I'm currently creating an extensive list of official and third party resources that anyone can use to improve their enjoyment/experience of RpNation.com after years of being asked to do this. This list will be things that I feel comfortable encouraging and even recommending. One of the things I can safely recommend after testing it is Grammarly. This suggestion is natural given the fact that we are a roleplay site (writing required). Grammarly is a free add-on for your browser of flavor (firefox, chrome, safari) and even has desktop and integration with things like Word.

The free version is pretty amazing in of it self for our purposes and can safely be recommended, but if you take my link below, you'll get a free week (so will I) of some more advanced features.

If there are things you want to see in such a list please post below and I'll take a look.

Link here.

Edit: Also has the ability to store documents on grammarly so you can make your posts on it first to reduce the chance of losing your work.

Last edited:
You little greedy man, giving links to your Grammarly account to get (possibly) months of free premium! How sly! How bold!

I have had Grammarly for a while now....it is differently helpful with fast typers.

I don't have any suggests though.

You little greedy man, giving links to your Grammarly account to get (possibly) months of free premium! How sly! How bold!

:P

Almost everything I'll recommend will have some sort of link if it also gives something to the other person.

:P

Almost everything I'll recommend will have some sort of link if it also gives something to the other person.
Yeah, but the thing is that everyone gets one week and you, considering how many people are likely to partake in the offer, will get months, if not years. I wouldn't be surprised. There's a lot of members on RPN. Nicely planned, sensei.

Yeah, but the thing is that everyone gets one week and you, considering how many people are likely to partake in the offer, will get months, if not years. I wouldn't be surprised. There's a lot of members on RPN. Nicely planned, sensei.
Unless the members already have Grammarly, then it does not work of course.

Css Drive Image Pallette
Say, for instance, a user wants to use a particular image for a background. All they have to do is upload or link the picture, and the site will take colors from the image and form a palette. This resource is a very useful tool!

Css Drive Image Palette

Yeah, Grammarly is beautiful! I'm so glad somebody finally recognized it. It's sometimes like autocorrect though. But hey, it doesn't automatically correct you, so I'm fine with that crap~!

I'm a fan of TitanPad for creating posts with others. Simple to use, no signup, keeps your posts for months after you haven't updated them.

It's not available on mobile yet so I guess I've gotta wait..

I believe they are working on one.

I'm a fan of TitanPad for creating posts with others. Simple to use, no signup, keeps your posts for months after you haven't updated them.

The TitanPad project was abandoned. I would have recommended it on my list other wise. Testing out Paper for Dropbox (Been using it for a few months with the site staff) and Google Docs as well as a few others.

chrome_2017-08-02_21-50-50.png

Um, I don't know if this technically counts as it's specifically for bbcoders but if you want to make a lovely palette I would recommend trycolors.com? You can make a color to your specs or recreate one you've seen pretty easily and they even have a palette section with nice ones if you don't feel like making your own? It's very nice and I love it?

Hey, I know some stuff.

Hemingway app - Helps you write more clearly; I know I personally have trouble using too many adverbs...see, I just did it right there.

Write or Die - A productivity app that lets you punish yourself for not writing - or reward yourself for writing without stopping.

Shrib - Literally just a notepad. It saves automatically so you don't have to worry about losing your progress.

Stylish is a Firefox and Chrome addon that allows you to tweak a site's CSS while you're viewing it. Color Me makes this redundant, but some of you with special needs such as low-contrast or large text might find it useful.

Readable.io helps cut the crap in your writing, and even gives you an estimated grade level. I suggest running your posts through it, if you find yourself guilty of purple prose and repetitive writing.

3 months too late...dang it. So, anyone wanna set up an evil hoax where we constantly loop Grammarly email things, I mean you're a wizard you probably do all kinds of evil scheming.

This one is kinda common knowledge but for breaking down colors in images.
The CSS: Colors Pallete Generator....OH, someone already recommended it. Ugh, I don't feel like deleting this.

Also, for those of you who code: There is an alternative to the text box used on the site. I talked about it in the BBCode forum a while back.

Hello denizens of RPNation!! I recently ran into some troubles with coding. My husband, who is in IT and codes for a living (i.e. bache scripting etc), gave me a hand. He suggested I use Sublime Text Editor. Then to allow editing for BBCode, he downloaded the BBCode Plugin for Sublime.

With this, it is SOOO much easier to code! I just wanted to impart this newfound knowledge to the rest of you! Happy coding!

I wish I had something to recommend, but sadly I don't. I mean, I have pixlr.com for peoples who like to hard-resize their images for things like avatars and post images (for when BBCode resizing just doesn't feel right for an image), thoughI think that was said earlier.

Oh wait, I do have two hex code websites, and a text font site.

http://www.color-hex.com/ <---- The moment you load up the website, you see this huge list of user favorite hexcodes. Good for quick inspiration.

http://htmlcolorcodes.com/ <---- A smidgen easier to find the HTML/Hex code picker since it's right there as the main page, so good for people who don't want to have to see all the user favorites and then search for the color picker only to find it's right there on the top bar when you scrolled all the way to the bottom and clicked on one of the user favorites to search there, as there is no user favorites on this one.

https://cooltext.com/ <---- Good for creating fancy headers to posts and stuff, has a lot of font options. Also works for image editors, as the text itself comes out in the form of a picture.

Some places I keep bookmarked:

Rinmaru Character Creator - fantastic for making a reference for a character appearance, or if you just can't find a good face claim.

Futhark Power Generator - power generation inspiration based upon the webserial Worm, really useful for superhero RPs.

AnyDice - a very powerful tool for calculating dice roll probabilities, kinda fun just to mess around with.

Behind the Name - there's no better site for helping you name a character. Search based on themes, meanings, gender, countries of origin, etc.

Class Chart - a nifty chart for thinking what sort of class archetype you may want a character to follow.

This one may seem obvious, but dictionary.com and thesaurus.com are excellent resources for writers looking for alternate words when they would otherwise be repeating the same one over and over in one post.

Also, I second Behindthename.com, as mentioned by The J The J . I was going to recommend this one myself until I realized it had already been recommended. The only thing it doesn't have is Egyptian, at least as best I can tell.

I'm seeing people link pallete generators, so I thought I'd add to that and share my favorite similar thing:
Get colors from image!

It works solely on upload, but once you do and click the 'show image' button it lets you select EXACTLY the place you want the color from!!!! Which other places don't let you do! It's AWESOME! +O+

I believe they are working on one.

The TitanPad project was abandoned. I would have recommended it on my list other wise. Testing out Paper for Dropbox (Been using it for a few months with the site staff) and Google Docs as well as a few others.

chrome_2017-08-02_21-50-50.png
I was just about to ask if they had a mobile version. Good to know they're working on one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back