• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Gothic - Welcome to the Colony

Riddle78

Four Thousand Club
I was recently struck with a desire to make an RP based on the video game Gothic. It's an old action RPG made by the German developers Piranha Bytes,likely more well known these days for making Risen. However,this is getting off-topic,isn't it? Let's go over what my RP will entail,if I get enough interest to actually make it.

Note; If you express interest,I damn well expect you to participate when I make the RP.

So,a quick overview of the RP in my head (Why,I have a plot worked out!)

1) A defined plot,with clearly outlined goals and a "win condition". I'll be honest; I'll be ripping off the game's plot. However,considering the age of the game,and how it's presented,knowledge of the game and its plot are not needed. In fact,I encourage people to fly in blind. Because that's how the game itself begins.

2) No GMPC! I'm guilty of this. Seriously. However,with the generous wealth of NPC's in the Colony,I'll still be able to guide you.

3) Combat. Not gonna lie,I doubt I'll ever be able to make an RP without combat. And this RP will feature plenty of it,as a means of survival,and maybe getting ahead by way of selling some loot. Or,just maybe,getting a better weapon than that rusty,chipped piece of crap you picked up on that pond's shore...

4) Unfortunately,no female characters. No,this is not me being sexist. This is the sexism inherent in the setting; It's medieval low fantasy,in a literally inescapable penal colony. And the people are sent to this colony for one reason; To mine magic ore. Do the math. For that reason,as well as how women are portrayed in the game,the Crown does not send women to the Colony,unless Gomez requests it for a future shipment.

Now,who's interested?

I'm definitely interested. I loved the Gothic games, (Well, only the first two) And i still love them. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately), i don't remember anything about the story, but, as you said, it shouldn't be a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back