• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Gotham City Boarding School (OPEN)

"He's not a shrimp, he's a penguin," Victor corrected.

For a moment, he mulled over what a person called shrimp might look like. It had taken him a long while to understand why Oswald called himself the Penguin; he'd hope it would be easier to discern why a person might be called shrimp.

"Why?" Victor echoed after a moment's hesitation. "Why wouldn't I? He has things I don't. Ideas. He gives me direction, a brain to my teeth."

He snickered at the way Croc talked about Oswald. He wasn't sure why, but the disparity between the perception of Oswald and Oswald himself always made him laugh.

"I doubted too. But how brutal he is," Victor mused, fondness creeping into his voice. "He's not as efficient as me, not as clean, but he knows who to target. A shark shouldn't expect any danger from a penguin. That may be its final mistake."

Croc was right about Oswald's crippled leg though; Oswald wasn't as strong or able-bodied as he ideally would have been as a killer. He couldn't do everything on his own. That's why Victor was there; to cover Oswald's weakness and exploit the weakness of his enemies. Victor had worked under other people like Oswald, but he liked working for Oswald more than most.

"And he's a friend. I like having friends." Victor grinned up at Croc for a moment before his eyes shifted to the side. "Please don't say too much about this to anyone else. I might have to kill you. I'd rather not."

ManyFaces ManyFaces

Edward

A soft blush crept up his face as he noticed how close they stood and immediately stepped backwards, almost stumbling over his own bag. He quickly caught himself however and readjusted his glasses. He wasn't exactly sure what his new roommate had meant by that. What could possibly bump at him at night? They were in a locked room with closed windows. As a matter of facts he was positive the other boy just possessed an odd sense of humor. Yeah, sure, Eddy! Naive lil Edward...Your new room mate clearly thinks a bit to much of himself. He got something planned to mess with you. Show him that we're not to be messed with!

"Enough!" Edward hissed to himself smacking his head slightly in order to get rid of the annoying voice of his other self. He'd do no such thing! His new roommate certainly didn't seem like any of these things and he wouldn't do anything in the like to jeopardize their possible new found friendship.

From what it looked like they seemed to get along splendidly. He might need a little polishing on his riddle solving skills but even he was most certainly not a hopeless case. "You want to hear another riddle, Oswald." he questioned him with a friendly smile, once more certain that it was the right approach before he sat down on the floor and started sorting his book after colour. The onewith the highest hex code would be the first to go into the shelf.

Harley Quinn Harley Quinn

As the flustered flightless bird rummaged through a rather large duffel bag, a shiny object caught his eye. Reaching inside carelessly, he pulled out a small pocket knife and fiddled with it in his hand for a moment. In all honesty he forgot he'd even put that there. Still facing away from his oblivious roommate, he subtly slipped the knife into his pants pocket. It could come in handy later. Hearing a mutter come from behind him, Oswald turned slightly with an utterly unimpressed expression. Then closed up his bag and awkwardly tossed it underneath his new bed, not caring at all to sort things out.

Turning to face Ed he slumped down onto the bed, sighing dramatically at the painful thought of more riddles. "God no." He put a hand up to his forehead, and shook his head slightly. "Just get on with...whatever it is your doing." After watching the strange boy for a couple of minutes, he felt a series of buzzing and realised it was his phone. Around five different messages had popped up, all disjointed and not making so much. They were from his mother of course, she wasn't well versed in new technology. Ozzy let out a slight chuckle and then quickly texted back saying how everything was going fine, and also adding on a love you to the end. Quickly he shoved his phone away back into his pocket.

"Soo" Oswald said returning back to his usual sarcastic laced tone. "Do you always speak in riddles?" Some kind of weird speech impediment ? He couldn't help but smile at his inside joke. A moment of awkward silence later, Penguin changed the subject. "You should know, I'm going to be taking over this dump before long." His eyes glinted almost menacingly. There was no better way to spend the school year in his eyes. His ambition had grown stronger since throwing Fish off that building. "Since theres no one around who can challenge me anymore." A small smirk appeared on his face "It should be easy...just gotta pull the right strings." At this point he was just thinking out loud. He eyed Nygma up and down, wondering if he would be of any use in his plans. Not sure they'd be room or need for a riddler when he was king. "Maybe you could be the annoying mascot...or more likely I'll just get rid of you" That last part was more mumbled than the rest, but could still be heard. Still caught up in all his plotting and thoughts, not caring if Ed heard the insult or not.

DiscoQuinn DiscoQuinn

Edward

Edward slightly rose his head to gaze up at the boy standing behind him, slight curiosity arising in him as he more or less harf heartedly listened to his speech while rummaging through his suitcase. crossing his features at his speech. Of course he didn't happen to miss out the part of him proclaiming to become the new leader of this school. It slightly made him chuckle for some reason. He couldn't help but wonder however what he had meant when he said there was no one left to challenge him anymore. It triggered his curiosity to rise even more before he turned to face him, adjusting his glasses once more. Of course Edward was still oblivious to the rumors that went around in school. Not that he gave much on gossip anyway. A mascot? Honestly what had he gotten himself into? Affronted by the thought he finally got up and turned to face the small bird.

"Mr...." -what was his name again his superior brain hadn't properly catched it as he was too deep in his speculations about the guy infront. " Penguin.." he said finally thinking that it suited him. "I admire your enthusiasm but I certainly won't wear any costumes.." he proclaimed him. Had he actually questioned his usefulness? His pride took a slight crack by that and he felt the need to speak up. " Pardon me but I can be very useful! You can't just get rid of me..." he told him, surprised by his own forwardness.

Lately he just hadn't been himself, he had noticed a slight change in his own behavior but maybe it wasn't for the worst this time around. He looked down on the slightly smaller figure infront of him looking him up and down. Maybe this could be the chance for himself to become something. He certainly never had a friend in his entire school history.. His roomate happened to know what is going on in this school and seemed to soon claim a higher position in the school hierarchy. Maybe he could be his mentor.

Croc growled "It's a figure of speech since he's small... Well everyone is smaller than me." He chuckled, going on to listen about Victor's confusing relationship with Oswald. He didn't understand what he meant by a brain to his teeth, but asking would probably only confuse him more. He didn't like being confused it made him feel not smart. "So basically he gives you good targets to kill and you get the pleasure of the kill?" Waylon questioned, giving his interpretation. He'd also have to keep an eye on him if he really was such a sneak, he didn't want to have to deal with anyone so early in the year. "Don't worry bout me, nothing to gain from this. If he stays out of my way I'll have no reason to step into his."

Hammy Hammy

Oswald studied the tall boys face as Ed was looking down at him, raising a brow as he was addressed as a "Mr", he'd never heard that one before. Then he smirked slightly at the name, at least the nerd showed him some respect. Edward would be the first of many, people would either respect or fear him. Either would do, the bird wasn't too picky. Of course he wasn't serious about the mascot thing, no one wanted to hear riddles non stop and it wasn't a good image for his campaign . Although Oz feared thats what would be his life from now til the end of school.

He shook away the haunting thought and cocked his head to the side, letting out a small laugh at the fact he clearly offended Ed. For a moment he thought about what could test his roommates usefulness. Thinking back to his small group of misfits that followed him around, he was getting suspicious of his human shadow. Lincoln. Always trying to squeeze his way into plans, always snooping around and staying right behind Os anywhere he went. There was just something off about him and Penguin could never fully trust him. Maybe it was time to get rid of him, but he had to be sure.

"Want to prove your worth?" The small freckled bird challenged him, a smirk emerging once again. "To be on top, I have to make sure the idiots following me are loyal" He sighed slightly, of course he didn't think all of them were idiots, but most of them were. "Soo, thats where you come in." Penguin pointed a finger at him, almost jabbing his chest. "Lincoln Park. My personal shadow. I need to keep closer tabs on him." If Ed could do this for him, maybe he'd be a good addition to his small gang. But he was still very doubtful. "Follow him around, find...weaknesses, lovers, something to exploit. Thats it. Should be easy for someone as...observant as you are." The last part he said with a hint of sarcasm, not that he thought Edward was dumb. This nerd could probably blend into the background no problem. A fly on the wall and maybe find out something to exploit.

Soon after he finished his spiel , the school bell rang which signalled classes were about to start.

DiscoQuinn DiscoQuinn

Edward was slightly taken by surprise by his request. Keep track on someone? He'd never done such a thing. Especially not on another male student. It didn't seem as off to him however. If it would get the boy infront of him to actually start trusting him, why not? It couldn't be too hard, it wasn't like anyone ever noted his presence either way. So he'd might as well use this rather unwanted skill to overshadow this certain person. Interest started to bubbled up inside him. What could the other boy possibly want from him? Such intimate details... However Ed wasn't one to speculate, instead he nodded before shortly after he heard the school bell ringing.

Fetching his bag from the seat he followed Oswald out, keeping his eye out for this so called Lincoln kid. Before he could spot someone he was captured by another sight. His mouth gaped open slightly and he almost dropped his bag as right infront of him he stared into the face of a familiar face.

"Isabella..." a whisper like sound escaped his lips. His social awkwardness completely forgotten he shot forward towards her but all he did was ran into the broad backside of a guy that suddenly stood infront of her. Almost like a bodyguard. " Keep walking, nerd.." he spoke m, as he didn't even really seem to notice the lightweight that ran into him as his focus was fully on the girl in front of him. A sudden wave of anger overcame him and he balled his fist. Ready to fight him!

Oswald didn't wait for an answer from Ed, this kid clearly wanted acceptance from someone, so it was likely he'd do it. Even if he didn't pull through, there was other options available.
The small boy turned and awkwardly limped out of the doorway and down the hall. Not thinking beforehand that his new roommate would be following so close behind. Great, he just gotten this new reputation and now this nerd was following him around. The two together were not a very threatening image. The Penguin tried to pick up the pace, in an attempt to lose the riddle lover but the pain that shot through his leg served too great. He grit his teeth, in an attempt to ignore the pain but was distracted anyway by a collision behind him. It seemed like Ed had, literally, bumped in Lincoln already.

The beaked boy spun around and watched as Edward got himself all riled up, with the most unimpressed look on his face. Following the riddlers gaze to Lincoln and some girl he'd never seen or at least never cared to noticed before. Pathetic he thought, Oz never understood how others his age were always chasing after girls and getting involved in relationships. Maybe it was because he'd never felt that way about someone before, no girls in the school interested him one bit.
Finally Oswald bitterly spoke. "See something you like?" Rolling his eyes, he continued his slow limp towards the classrooms. Assuming Ed would follow him he kept talking. "Well you bumped into the shadow himself already" Although, today it seemed as though Lincoln was someone else's shadow. Glancing over the in the direction they went he pulled a sort of disgusted face, then continued looking ahead. Watching as people whispered and moved out his way, none of them were subtle at all. Not that it bothered him, it actually felt good. Anything was better than being looked down and bullied. For some reason he felt the need to ask about the girl. "Is your imaginary girlfriend cheating on you?" A smirk on his face, this would give Ed more incentive to follow Lincoln. Everything seemed to be falling into place.

DiscoQuinn DiscoQuinn

With a big smile painted on his face Jerome forced his way through the crowd, "his bag" halfways slung over the shoulder. He didn't notice that the familiar clirring sound was missing or that it felt lighter for some reason. For now he was too focused to stroll past the mass of student and find his new room. Time to prepare everything for his new room mate.

He'd make sure to deliver him a warm welcoming. His hand snaked down into his purple hoodie to pull out the silver plated universal key he had nicked from the janitors room earlier. It hadn't been all to hard. The janitor was lazy and liked boys. To be more precise "little boys". Long story short: Jerome had made up a story about his little brother that was meant to visit him at school times. He hadn't failed to notice the way his eyes bulged and 3 minutes later he held the key that allowed him entrance to every single dorm in school. Not that he actually needed one. He could easily break a lock with a paperclip and a piece of tape.

With a satisfied smile he slipped into the keyhole and unlocked the door. "Where is the minibar? I was sure I had ordered one..." he spoke to himself with a snicker, throwing his bag down just to throw himself on the bed. Of course he chose the more comfortable looking one. Time to set up his Funland! He grabbed his purple backpack, reaching inside just to feel the unexpected texture of a book inside. Books?! He didn't carry any books with him. With slight irritation he pulled it out just to find he was holding a psychology book in his hands. With a soft growl he spilled it's full content out on the ground just to find more books. This was definitely not his bag. Somebody tricked him! He was gonna find the person! His hands fished out a plastic card that looked like a student ID. A girlish face smiled up at him. Harleen Quinzel..

Edward quickly shot out of his daze as he heard the sound of Oswalds voice squawking beside him. "No, no, no...sorry. It was nothing. I just thought I've seen someone that I know." he cleared his throat trying to get rid of the stinging feeling that suddenly shot through his chest cave. It had been year that he had last seen her. Why would he still care? She had ignored him back then and she most certainly would ignore him now and what was even more down breaking, the fact that she was with someone else. This Lincoln kid and her were dating.

Edwards hands slightly balled to fist and his gaze darkened at the pure thought. He suddenly felt a strange feeling coming up. The dark craving to approach this guy, place his hands around his neck and-...No! Now were did that came from?

"G-girlfriend? What-..No!" he said quickly, clearing his throat. "There is no one-..I-I don't have a girlfriend." he explained to him.

"Follow him and get the information...is that all you want me to do?" he asked quickly, looking over to his unfeathered new friend. "I'll do anything..." Ed reassured him, his intense gaze meeting the small Penguin for a moment, before he gazed back over to Lincoln.

Deimos was late. Very late.

The Johnsons were taking a rather long time with their goodbyes, having so much trouble leaving the son they loved at a boarding school but knew it'd be good for him. So they had to.
And don't forget to brush your teeth, change your sheets every three weeks and please. Deimos... If you find a pretty girl, please make sure she's jewish.
The half dragon snorts out laughter as his adoptive mother, Grace, went through all these insane instructions while Tim just shook his head. I'm not here for girls. I'll be fine. But I do have to get to class. He brings up, motioning to the clock behind him.

We love you dear. Grace reaches up to hug Deimos, her tiny, frail frame stretching to wrap her arms around his neck. Your mother must be so proud.

That last bit made the half-breed smile inside. The idea that Silithia may be watching made this just so much sweeter. They finally separate and Deimos was able to find his room decently after making a couple of wrong turns. He attempted to quietly slide in as not to disturb anyone, buuuut the door slammed behind him, making him jump out of his skin. He turns, wings spreading slightly, just enough to show a glimpse of the starry skies beneath for a mere moment. Deimos ducks his head and sits immediately in the nearest available seat, paying no mind to who he sat by, just trying to get out of everyone's way.

He did take one look around and immediately felt awkward. He looked like one of the oldest in the room, but was most likely the youngest. He was the only one wearing a fleece lined coat in nice weather and it was kind of hard to hide a large, double set of wings. What a way to start off class, Deimos. Smashing.

(Anyone care to include Deimos?)

"Riiight." Oswald rolled his eyes dramatically. Missing the sudden dark look in the other boys face. Yup Ed was head over heels for this girl. Gross. He didn't even bother hiding the disgust on his face.

Looking back at the nerd for a second, with an almost menacing smirk he proclaimed. "Yup. See anything suspicious, tell me. And If I need you for anything else, you'll know." Oswald looked around at everyone staring their way, then stopped just before a classroom door which Lincoln had just turned into. The small boy cleared his throat and turned to face the tall geek. "Look 'friend'" He spat out in a hushed tone. "I'm sure you don't want to be late for class. So ...go!" The last part he said loudly, with an expression that said 'leave me alone', and then turned and hobbled inside the classroom. Praying that Ed wasn't still following him, he was sick of him already.

Inside the room he spotted an empty desk right at the back and as fast, as he could manage, he went and claimed it. Slumping down ready to learn nothing.

DiscoQuinn DiscoQuinn

Edward forced himself to advert his gaze and look at his limping new friend instead whose gaze he noticed darkening slightly, more in annoyance however than in anger. Edward quickly adjusted his glasses, a soft tone of pink rising to his cheeks as he was sheepishly blushing. Need him for anything else? With mild interest he wondered whatever that would include. He gave the small Penguin a half hearted smile. "Of course I will, immediately!" he told him, eagerly shaking his head. Even though the blonde beauty was still on his mind he was keen to do anything to win the boys trust.

Ed soon felt his attention slipping as he noticed a second pair of eyes on him and turned his head slightly just to see Isabella looking into his direction. He quickly looked behind himself as he was sure that she must be looking at someone else. He only however spotted a trashcan. Yes! She sure must have looked at that...

Before he could say anything he noticed that his unfeathered friend had already left him to his own devices, spotting his limping form far away on the hallway. He frowned slightly and decided to follow his given task instead. His heart almost skipped a beat as he looked at his wristwatch and realized classes were about to start in under 120 seconds.

He raced after Lincoln noticing a printed document slipping out of his bag. Edward quickly picked it up and read what was written down in red letters. 'VOTE LINCOLN'. His mind immediately connected the dots and concluded the only possibility: He was without doubt running for student president. He couldn't wait to tell his new best friend about the unsettling news.

The beaked boy sat absentmindedly through class, people watching and doodling about his plans for school president. Not for the extra credit of course, just for more hold over the school. He looked around lazily and remembered the first year he was here, other students made fun of his looks or threw stationary his way. Now the smiles seemingly died and no one dared challenging him, unless they wanted a trip to the hospital. All thanks to the business with Fish. Every time he remembered his victory a dark smile, he couldn't control, always crept across his features.

After what seemed like an eternity the school bell rung, signalling lunch time. Oswald roughly shoved everything on his desk into his bag, then limped out of the room glaring at anyone unlucky enough to look his way. As he walked out the doorway he noticed a familiar face undoubtedly waiting for him.

'Not this nerd again!' The short boy quickly averted his gaze and made a beeline towards the cafeteria. Not that he was very fast, but he damn it he tried! He was wondering where his cronies were right about now. He could see the lunch hall approaching fast...almost there....

DiscoQuinn DiscoQuinn

Ed noticed the limping boy speeding past him as he approached him on the school hall and excitedly waved at him. Odd... he mustn't have seen him, even though he had made his appearance very obvious. He quickly adjusted his glasses and chased after the small penguin having the advantage of two long healthy feet.

"Mr. Penguin, Mr. Penguin I got news for you. I found something out you might be interested him!" he said half out of breath after he finally catched up with the other boy. One of his long slender hands shot to his shoulder to stop him briefly.

He immediately noticed him shooting around in slight anger which forced their bodies to stand painfully close to each other. Ed blushed slightly before he cleared his throat and proceeded to collect the paper that had fallen out of Lincolns backpack. "You might wanna know that he's attempting to run for school president..." Ed told him, sheepishly looking behind himself to make sure their conversation was in private, even though you could hardly call it that on the middle of the hallway.

Noticing the uncomfortable closeness they stood together he immediately took a step backwards. "My question is...What are you planning to do next?" he asked Oswald with lowered voice. He already saw the two of them as accomplices even though it was clearly onesided.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back