• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Gotham Academy

Pyosimros

☆☆☆
EWpXMO2.png

Gotham Academy IC Please visit the Overview tab for more information.

rNetPzW.png

Introduction

Location - Gotham Academy

Tags -
@karmaa, @Exanis, @Anaxileah, and @Splo

Even in the middle of the day, Gotham was as ominous as it would be at night. An unforgiving wind blew through the city, with the crackling of thunder following through every thirty seconds. The students of Gotham Academy stood at the entrance of the main building. Some shivering and anxious, others less so. It didn't seem right, leaving over five hundred kids in one centralized area to shiver; anger rising within with each passing second. That was when the doors swung open that is.

The teacher whom had opened the door to the academy took a couple steps to the left afterwards, leaving more room for the students to funnel in. He gave a few apologies and such, though they were all lost in the grumbles and the sounds of loud steps coming from the students. Like a school of fish, most of them heading towards the gymnasium for orientation. It was what they needed, for anger to be cured with pure boredom.

~

Five minutes were spent, and it seemed like all the students were settled in. Which meant, it was time to begin. A rather old man with a skinny physique came to the stage, and the crowd silent. "As most of you know from past experience, my name is Headmaster Hammer. And I welcome you all to Gotham Academy," the man began, which followed by a couple grumbles from the crowd. Hammer stiffened at this, and moved on. He proceeded to talk about the standard things that would go on in the academy. High expectations, locations, and everything of the sort. By the time Hammer was done, he simply told everyone to get their room numbers and get all of their belongings organized. Either that, or socialize with their future classmates.

Last edited by a moderator:
"You see that kid? Creepy right?"

"Yeah, he's just sitting there, what's with his dog? That thing looks Vicious."

"Can you even have dogs in here?"

"He not moving at all! Is he dead or alive hahaha!"

Ruben swirled in the comments that fell in and out of his hearing range, instinctively he moved his legs closer to himself and gripped the bottom part of his blazer. He wished he knew where they were, wished he knew what they looked like. But he couldn't see them, his blind eyes locked looking forward behind large sunglasses. Trembling, he gripped his shirt harder, trying to ignore the voices around him. It was stressful enough being sent to private school, ANY school, for the first time, but having your house depend on if you fail or succeed at the academy was too much for the blonde. Charlotte, his service dog, rubbed against his leg, trying to comfort him in any way she could. Her thick nose nuzzling int his leg. She was quite a large dog, a German Shepherd to be exact, and her touch was usually calming to the boy. But it was not enough. This was all too new to him, too much thrown at him at one time, he couldn't focus on anything, nor did he want too. So his thoughts slowly drifted to that conversation not too long ago.

~*~

A tea cup that had smashed against the wall and made his body quiver. His hearing wasn't that good, but he could tell the tea cup had just barely missed him, grazing his face. Charlotte's whimpers echoed through the room while his aunt rattled her tea plate onto the table.

"I won't allow it any longer!" she yelled, her voice booming through the house, enough to shake the walls. Ruben sat in his chair and clenched his tea cup strongly. Not letting his surprise show. He slowly brought the cup to his lips and nodded for her to continue with her rant. She slammed the table again before satisfied. "You keep eating up all of our money taking care of this damn house when you and the servants are the only ones that live in it! Has it ever occurred to you that you could make friends or have any sort of social life AT ALL if you just walked outside those doors!?" She screamed. Ruben nodded slightly and took another sip of his tea. He cleared his throat before speaking

"Aunty, if I felt it safe to leave the house I would. Unfortunately, for a Blind man living alone, this is not a safe option at all." He replied harshly. It wasn't like he didn't understand her position, but it was honestly frustrating talking to her sometimes. She never seemed to get through her head that he was blind, it was like a vaguely forgotten fact in the back of her mind. Still, no matter how relentless he was at telling her his sight, breathing, and walking was impaired, she continued to think he was just a teenage boy with only a rebellious will growing on him. "Please get to the point of your engagement today. I wish to discuss it." He could hear her grit her teeth.

"I want you to go to Gotham Academy for the rest of your high school years! No questions either, you're going I already enrolled you earlier this week!" She said, hearing the sounds of her shuffling her arms in defiance. The color of Ruben's face slowly dropped to a shade similar to the Joker's.

"What?!" he shouted, almost dropping the teacup in his hand,"But why?!" His Aunt creaked in her chair adjusting position before she continued. Though his mind was racing with in-cohesive thoughts.
School, the word seemed so alien to him. He had only been in facilities with his family and none of them had captivated his parent's attention enough to enroll a disabled child there. Let alone the fact that none of them really knew how to care for one. Now, he was a lot better at hearing where things and people were and able to navigate once he knew where rooms were. But......he had never met kids his own age before.

"Because you have been living in this house for 6 years without any normal interaction from anyone except me, the servants and your doctors. I'm getting tired of putting up with your shit of why you won't leave the house and if you don't go to school, I'm foreclosing on it!" She declared. This time, Ruben couldn't help the cup rattling in his hands. This was his comfort zone, the one place that he felt safe in, and she was threatening to take everything away from him. Shakey breaths from his ribs followed, about to induce another panic attack from the blonde boy. He held his chest but mustered the courage to continue talking before it took full effect of him and he would need his oxygen. "Listen, James." she continued, her voice an icy hush. "We're all fed up with you in here. We want to get some money out of what were paying for, the house and you, and we want YOU to be well educated so we don't have to worry about you for the rest of our lives. I won't hear anymore fuss out of you, you're going and you better make good marks by the end of the year or your out. That's it." The fear in his chest intensified, freezing him in his chair. The words didn't even register anymore. "We won't have you running too-"

His thoughts were interrupted by his head jerking suddenly too the side. Snickering from the corner followed with the wet sensation on the right of his face. Someone had thrown something at him, hard enough to take off his sunglasses, sending his current thought towards the direction of finding them. Though it would be pointless to search on the ground if he couldn't see and there were people around. He sat up on the bench he was on and the other students what had been laughing slowly stopped at the sight of his eyes. A typical reaction, but still a bit surprising in the current situation.

There they were, the gray shapes with only hints of their presumed green, clouding over the iris and leaving no trace of a pupil to be found. His eyes unable to reflect the light around him, appear soulless and empty to others. Clearly the kids who knocked off his sunglasses seemed to think so. They began to whisper among themselves before Ruben felt a small nudge on his knee. Charlotte, his glasses in her maw. He smiled lightly, taking the glasses and starting to pet her while putting them on.

Finally, the doors had opened after what seemed like forever, it wasn't too hard to find a seat, especially once he was walking with his dog, but people around him were still whispering. He couldn't help but wonder if this was how people normally were with disabled people. He stayed inside because he was comfortable there and had no idea there would be this much gossip just about a blind person. Sitting down and listening to the speech, he found himself unusually intrigued by the words. This was the first speech he had ever heard on his own from an official at a school EVER. For such a big moment in his life, it was a bit annoying to hear his classmate's reactions, how they were yawning and talking about different boys that they seemed to have an interest in. It seemed disrespectful to talk during the Headmaster's speech, though he didn't know anything about school so this might be normal.

The speech was short enough, he just explained basic things that were in the manual, (which conveniently comes in braille), though it was still informing. His only problem now was that he didn't have an aide at this school. He would have been given one, but his aunt revoked the request on purpose during her spout of anger. Which didn't leave him with too many choices. He knew most of the rooms he had been in before in buildings had been marked in braille, he didn't feel he could trust his previous experience at Gotham Academy. He didn't have any sort of layout of this school at all and would have no idea where to start to learn where anything important was. He had to know where the nurse's office, elevators, stairways, and building separations were. To walk through all of it himself could take hours! He did not have hours to we wandering around the campus. But it wasn't like he could read a map either. This was a tricky position he was stuck in, and all he could do was sit and wait for some sort of staff member to take notice. Otherwise he might have to get his coat out of his bag to go walking in the rain.

Lucrezia walked out of the bus and looked out at the academy just a couple of building ahead. She could hear the chatter from there, people meeting each other first time or chatting about their summer. Up to this point, she had no issues with coming her, in fact she was a excited but just as she as she arrived she began to feel nervous. Everything she could worry about just flooded in like the expectations of the school and making new friends. She took a deep breath and took her first steps to the school.

As she walked he couldnt help but notice a car parked just opposite the school. By all appearances the car seemed unremarkable most would ignore it but she knew better. If one would look at the car, he would see two goon waiting inside the car watching out for her. Her shadow for the past year, her fathers goon watching her wherever she went. They were keeping their distance for know but she worried about what her father was planning. She tried her best to spot them whenever she went and lose them if she could or at least keep to public areas but they never seem deterred. They almost become part of the woodwork at this point though she felt that might be a bad idea.

She arrived at the school just as the headmaster started his speech. The speech was the same one he gave her when she was given when she came for a tour. She simply walked into the crowd of people and waited for the speech to finish, looking around for anyone interesting.

embed.php

Appearance

kristen_bell_veronica_mars_promos_2_03_20080807_14.jpg

kristen_bell_promo_shoots_veronica_mars_season_3_20080821_16.jpg

veronica_mars_kristen_bell__2_.jpg

Sometimes I forget how cold it can be in Gotham... Jamie thought to herself, shivering slightly as she pulled her brown leather jacket closer to her body, the fabric tightly hugging her figure. Her blonde hair was pulled back from her face and held together in a ponytail, the tip of it tickling the base of her neck. Her bright blue eyes surveyed the other students, narrowed in irritation at the rude comments they made towards the school and the teachers for not permitting them to enter. If they'd shut up, then maybe we'd be allowed in... Jamie thought sourly, but kept her thoughts tip to herself and continued observing the students with wary eyes. A student with sunglasses and a dog caught her attention, intriguing the female student. At further inspection, the female watched as students near the male with the sunglasses pelted him with an egg, snickering all the while. Jamie made a move to go confront them, but the doors to the Academy had opened before she has a chance to involve herself with them.

One of the teachers had opened the entrance to the school, handing out a few apologies as the students barreled into the institute. Most of them didn't care, which was rude, so as she entered the building with her suitcase-on-wheels being dragged behind her, Jamie smiled faintly at the teacher and nodded in thanks, earning a smile from them in return. The junior continued walking with the crowd, her eyes searching for the student that had peaked her interest earlier, but it was impossible to see through the tide of students pushing to reach the auditorium. She heard some snarky remarks, but she tuned them out when she found a seat on the edge of the bleachers in the gymnasium, listening intently to the elderly man who identified himself as Headmaster Hammer. She sat with her back straight and her posture attentive during the speech, despite the bored remarks made by those around her. Her suitcase was in her lap, weighing down on her lean legs, causing them to fall asleep slightly. When the Headmaster finished speaking, she clapped in excitement, then removed the suitcase from her legs and had to wait a moment before she could get up.

After making it so that she could stand without falling over, Jamie searched the gymnasium for the student she had seen being bullied before they had entered the Academy. After her eyes skimmed the crowd for a couple seconds, she spotted the sunglasses and the dog and headed in his direction. More students near him were snickering and saying nasty things about him, which angered Jamie further.

"I'm sorry, but could you leave? You're lowering the IQ of the entire building just by being here." Jamie snarled at the freshmen and sophomores, who glared at her for a moment, but mumbled among one another about relocating. When they departed, Jamie turned towards the male blond, smiling faintly. "Um...hey. Sorry you had to deal with a bunch of assholes on the first day. Are you a junior as well..? My name is Jamie." The female spoke gently, taking a moment to really look at him. He had pale skin and blond hair, similar to hers, but the dog and sunglasses made his lack of vision obvious to her. No one wears sunglasses when the sun isn't out, and a pet would only be allowed if it were a service dog. The egg on the young man's face dripped from his cheek, and Jamie frowned. "I have a tissue, if you'd like to wipe the egg off of your face." Jamie took the package of tissues out of her coat pocket, removed a tissue and pressed it gently against his free arm so he'd know where she was.

Tag:

@Yngwie Schutz Character's Mood: Irritated -> Furious -> Sympathetic User's Mood: Tired/Bored Location: Outside Academy -> Gymnasium

Ruben was a bit too preoccupied with his thoughts to notice the students around him. He didn't really care about their conversation, nor did he want to find out what they were chatting about. Though, all these people around him, maybe he should try and ask for help. His mind was contemplating the pros and cons of this. Some students threw something at him earlier, and these ones probably weren't any better morally than the last. But what other option did he have? With them all standing in the way, no-one else could see him if he was just sitting here. Yeah, he thought, the safe bet is not to try. They might throw me into some locked room somewhere. Slowly his hands moved to find his bag so he could get out his-

"I'm sorry, but could you leave? You're lowering the IQ of the entire building just by being here."

A voice suddenly spoke near him, but it wasn't like the others. It was louder, more forceful and definitely serious. At first, Ruben's hands moved a bit faster to his bag, thinking the statement was meant for him. But soon the voices around him began to disperse, mumbling to one another once more. He remained in position, in case one of them tried to run into him, but they all departed without any trouble. This confused him a bit, but the discomfort would not overtake his current gratitude to the voice's owner. A shuffling sound was heard before the voice spoke again.

"Um...hey. Sorry you had to deal with a bunch of assholes on the first day. Are you a junior as well..? My name is Jamie." realizing the voice's vicinity, he quickly latched his bag closed and turned his head slightly in the direction. He didn't want to move too sharply and scare the person. His mother had said it wasn't acting like a gentleman to move like that, and he certainly didn't want to offend them."I have a tissue if you'd like to wipe the egg off of your face." It continued, definitely female from the sound. She pressed something like a small tissue into his hand, which made him flinch a bit. Egg huh? he questioned. He was familiar with the texture when he cooked, though he had never had an egg on his face before. He'd have to note what it felt like if this was going to be a normal thing. It still confused him why someone would throw an egg at him, but it's not something to concern himself with right now. Right now, he needed to be worried about how he was going to leave his seat to get, well, anywhere safely. Slowly taking the tissue, he wiped where he felt the wetness, though he realized it probably stained his shirt collar by now. He would have to wash it later.

"Thank you," he said, trying to wipe it all off his face, but getting stuck once it reached his sunglasses. Knowing not to scare her, he closed his eyes before taking them off to wipe them and his face. He didn't know what she would think once she saw his eyes, but better safe than sorry. Once finished, he closed the tissue in his hand. "I don't know if I am a junior or not, but I know I'm in 11th grade here. You see, I've never been to any school before this. I was always home schooled, so I don't really know what a 'Junior' is. Would a 'Junior' be what I'm called?" He asked, again looking in her general direction while putting his sunglasses on. He was very grateful for her noticing him, but he didn't want to ask for her help just yet. It would seem disrespectful to ask such a big thing right off the bat. Ruben wanted her too feel neither fear or disrespect. His lips slowly formed into a smile, wanting her to see a little of what gratitude he shared for her at the current moment, hoping that was enough.

@Anaxileah

Joshua Sterling

If Joshua had to admit to himself, he really didn't mind the rain. Granted, with his living situation, and how he's been living in Gotham his whole life, he supposed he could be a bit biased in that perspective. Nonetheless, he had no problem with waiting for the school doors to open for them. He's dealt with worse, for worse reasons as well. As he continue to wait his mind began to wander to how his mother was doing. He hoped she was doing well. Oh, she would tell him that everything was fine, and things were getting better, but this was Gotham. Madmen roamed the streets, and their only saving grace was a man dressed in a black suit that could only be in one place at a time. In his opinion, he had a right to be worried about his mother. At least with him gone for extended periods of time money wouldn't be as tight with her, a saving grace beyond belief. Rubbing the back of his head, he wondered the merits of attempting to sign up for some extracurricular competitions in hopes of prize money. Maybe he could even swing it in a way that he could get the school to give him more money as long as he kept up a consistent "win streak" so to speak. He'd have to talk to the Headmaster, and maybe the Board as well. There was no doubt merit in such an idea, one that he would no doubt follow.

Suddenly snapping out of his stupor at the movement of his fellow students, he was only slightly happy to see that the doors were opened. As he walked in, he immediately took notice of something out of the ordinary. A student with a dog and sunglasses, a telltale sign of someone with an impairment of some kind, usually visual. What was worse was that he could hear the whispers about him, many of them unkind. He felt his temper flare up for the first time today. He'd deal with the students after the orientation. As he sat through the orientation, his temper had simply been compounding and multiplying, though this was of his own volition. When the orientation finally ended, Joshua got up and made a beeline for the students that he knew were bullying with the boy beforehand, though he did notice that a girl seemed to have told them off already, an act that lessened his rage for a split second, before it returned with redoubled force. Everyone that saw him coming immediately got out of the way, his reputation preceding him by a mile. As he stopped in front of the boys, he growled. An honest to god, guttural, from the bottom of his chest, up his throat, growl. You'd think you were looking at a monster from that sound alone, and it had the desired effect of grabbing the attention of everyone in the vicinity. Grabbing the nearest one by the collar of his shirt, he lifted him off the ground so they were eye level.
"Let me make ONE thing clear, yeah? I get angry reaaaaaaal easy, ya feel? And when I get angry, things tend ta' break, ya know? What breaks varies from each time, but the most common thing? The most common thing to break is someone's skull. I'm sure you have enough of a brain in that very thing to understand where I'm goin' with this. Now ya might be wonderin' 'Oh, why is this scary guy threatenin' me?', and I can assure you little Tommy, can I call you Tommy? I'm callin' you Tommy. So let met assure you little Tommy, there are a few things that are a big no no within a five mile radius of me, as opposed to the usual fifty foot radius. Those things? Messin' with me, messin' with girls, and messin' with anyone that can't defend themselves against ya. Ya just broke one of the three sacred rules of my temper. Usually, that results in broken limbs, ya feel? But today, ya get a warnin'." At this point he sweeps his gaze at the crowd that was looking at them. "And this goes for all ya punks that think the world is gonna be handed to ya on a silver platter! That boy-" He points at Ruben. "Is under MY protection. I hear anythin' about anyone messin' with him and it's your head, ya jive? Great!" He drops the boy onto his feet, straightens out his collar, and slaps him lightly on the face. "Good talk little Tommy. Hope ya learned your lesson before I have to get violent, eh?" With his point said and done, Joshua smiled genially at everyone, all traces of his previous rage nonexistent, if one were to disregard the terrified boy standing there shaking. Turning, he returned to where he had left his bag, taking a deep breath and visibly regressing into a passive and laid back state, his smile turning lazy, though his eyes showed that he was as alert as ever. Picking up his stuff, he made his way out of the gymnasium. He had other things to do today, and word of his message would spread soon enough.

embed.php

Appearance

Jamie smiled at the male as he accepted her offer and began wiping at the egg from his slender face, thanking her for her help. She watched him quietly as he missed some of the egg on his collar, thinking about how silly it was for students to bring eggs to school just to torment others. People these days... Jamie thought to herself with a frown, shaking her head in disappointment. When the male spoke again, her frown was replaced with a smile. "I don't know if I am a junior or not, but I know I'm in 11th grade here. You see, I've never been to any school before this. I was always home schooled, so I don't really know what a 'Junior' is. Would a 'Junior' be what I'm called?" The male asked her politely, and she noticed how he kept his eyes closed when he removed his sunglasses, as if...as if he were afraid of how she'd react. Jamie frowned once more, reminding herself to talk to him about it later, and spoke once more, not bothering to nod.

"Yeah, if you're in eleventh grade you're a junior. Ninth grade students are freshman, tenth are sophomores, and twelfth are seniors. Seniors are the ones who graduate from the school to go on to university." Jamie explained, her expression brightening once more. "What's your name? Oh, and has the school given you an aide? Normally the school organizes that, but if you want I can help you around. This is my first year here, but I...kinda studied the map all summer...so I know my way around..." Jaime trailed off awkwardly, feeling jittery due to it being the first day and because she just admitted to doing something strange. Smooth move, Jaime. Now I sound like a weirdo. Jaime thought to herself with irritation, but her thoughts were interrupted by the behavior of another male nearby.

What is he doing...? Jamie wondered incredulously, shocked at the behavior of the male. He approached the other students who had been bullying her classmate, his red hair standing out among the brunettes and blondes. His facial structure was sharp and angular, high cheekbones standing out on his freckled face. Jamie couldn't see his eye color from where she stood, but he was tall and lean, much taller than the male in front of her. The other student had grabbed one of the bullies by the collar and began to threaten him, his words causing her to take a few steps back. His method was much more intimidating, what with his height and apparent strength, but his intentions were just. He was telling them not to mess with the student who was bullied, and it seemed to work. After making the threats, the redhead left the gymnasium with his bag in hand, allowing the freshman and sophomores to recuperate.

Jamie turned back towards the blind student and his dog, a grin on her face.
"Sounds like I'm not the only one sticking up for you." She spoke, the smile heard through her voice.

Tag:

@Yngwie Schutz Character's Mood: Irritated -> Pleased User's Mood: Headaches suck Location: Gymnasium

_render__151__miyamori_aoi_by_sandrareina-da2uo5l.png

Maya Fletcher

Location - Gymnasium

Tags -
@ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

H-How much longer?

The thought lingered in Maya's head as she stayed in the blistering cold weather outside the academy grounds. It seemed like they kept everyone waiting for around half an hour, and it
felt like it was the middle of Winter. A shiver was brought up Maya's spine, and she hugged her bag full of treats even harder. What was the purpose of carrying around a bag of various pastries rather than stuffing them into her bag? Maya wasn't too sure herself. She looked around her, and the feeling that she was going to receive hypothermia any moment now was mutual. There were some putting on a simple displeased face, others shivering, and then there were the people who straight up fell to the ground due to the weather. Looking up at the door once again, it opened with rapid force. The teacher, ordered everyone to come in, something that no one would refuse. Maya was one of the last people to enter, refusing to be trampled over if she were to come any earlier. Once around three quarters of the crowd has funnelled into the building, Maya made her way in. Unlike outside, inside the academy was rather well air-conditioned. She already knew this from past experience, it still trips her up when an extremely old-looking building has air-conditioned. Pulling out one of her pastries, Maya began to munch on it as she walked into the gymnasium. Sitting near the back, the Headmaster coincidentally went out at the same time.

Huh, I remember why I brought donuts now, Maya thought. It was to occupy her mind away from the boring speech in his normal monotone voice. As he began to talk, she slowly began to drift away, until she was rendered completely asleep.

~

A poke which should be more considered as a jab, was thrusted into her shoulder. Maya practically jumped out of her seat, fight-or-flight mode activated. Once alert, she quickly calmed down. It was probably someone who woke her up, and it looked like the Headmaster was done talking.
Good. If I can remember what we had to do... Maya's eyes slowly drifted from nothing, to something. Forgetting what she was talking about, she watched some guy practically beat a guy up. If lifting him off the ground and stating his mistakes was beating someone up.

Maya wanted no part in this, and everyone else seemed a share a mutual feeling. She slowly inched her way towards a decent-looking person. Someone, who doesn't look like she would break her neck if she was looking at her wrong. "That person seems nice," she smiled over at the stranger, assuming she knew who Maya was referring to.

Ruben was about to reply to the girl's offer but was a bit shocked at the sound of another male voice that had come into earshot. He grabbed his bag a bit protectively, feeling threatened by its tone. Though soon he realized it wasn't for him and for someone else and unclenched his hands, now resting them on his Blazer. It, no, he had come up and begun to scream at some of the people around him. Ruben was grateful for what this new found voice was saying, but he was unsettled a bit because he wasn't used to either of those things; people sticking up for him or loud voices. He shuffled his feet a bit, trying to find a position where he could easily adjust the volume.

"And this goes for all ya punks that think the world is gonna be handed to ya on a silver platter! That boy-" Ruben, even though he couldn't see, knew he was the boy in question and jumped back in his seat, causing it to clatter slightly. The conviction in the voice, slightly turning in his direction had made it obvious. Though he had never heard a voice with such anger before,( except for his aunt, but she didn't really count as yelling FOR him). It was a bit inspiring to the blonde, he had never been able to say such things with that amount of prowess before...ever. Though he had been pointed out a lot today, it was never like that. People trying to keep their volume low to each other was a dead give away. His parents used to do that when they talked about things he couldn't hear, like his medical condition or....

His parents.

His body ran cold, starting to feel momentarily numb from that thought. Parents, what would he dare to think that word right now? Why would he want to if he wasn't prepared? But deep down he knew why he wanted to think of them. But he knew he couldn't, not if he wanted a somewhat good start to the school yard at least. He took a quick, but deep breath, calming his system a bit more and hoping the new pale color of his face didn't show. His heart was starting to race but he continued to breathe calmly, he promised himself he wouldn't have a panic attack today, he absolutely promised. A firm believer in starting how you want to finish, he relaxed his expression to be neutral, tuning back into the boy who had pointed him out earlier.

"Is under MY protection. I hear anythin' about anyone messin' with him and it's your head, ya jive? Great! Good talk little Tommy. Hope ya learned your lesson before I have to get violent, eh?" The boy stopped speaking and the telltale shoe sounds were heard as he began to walk away. This left Ruben in a kind of awe, there were now two people who had been willing to stand up for him, not caring at all who he was. This was a new experience he didn't want to forget, but he wasn't sure how he felt about it. He knew he felt eternally grateful to the girl, Jamie, and the mystery boy, but he hated when people went through the trouble for his sake. He needed to make it up to them, somehow, he knew he would.

"Sounds like I'm not the only one sticking up for you," Jamie said, reminding him that she was standing right beside him. Ruben nodded and readjusted his position to a more comfortable one. His lips formed to whistle softly, allowing Charlotte a cue to walk over near Jamie and where Ruben was. She moved her hand into his now outstretched palm and began to pet her head. Her soft fur was a familiar texture that relaxed his mussels. She nuzzled her way in further than intended, showing affection and comfort to her distressed owner. Ruben smiled at this leaning his head a bit closer to Jamie so she could tell he was talking to her. Beginning to finish his statement from earlier before he was interrupted.

"I would have an Aide, but my aunt is quite a nasty person when angry and canceled the order." He explained, beginning to smile again. "If it wouldn't be any trouble, could you show me where the dorms are, please? I don't have any idea what any of these buildings are". He still wasn't quite used to asking people to help, he hadn't had to ask for help in many years. Living alone was fine with him. He still felt bad when he did it, though, to ask someone to help someone like him was just adding his burdens onto others. That was the true thing that he hated.

@Anaxileah

Matilda Quinzel

Lily-May-Mac.jpg
Tilly sighed, her mind couldn't help but worry about her aunt Harleen. She pushed her glasses up the arch of her nose and went inside the most prestigious school in Gotham. Although, going to a prestigious school can also be very terrifying. But Tilly wanted to prove to her parents she was capable of surviving high school, capable of anything and not turn out like her aunt. As Tilly slowly crept into the auditorium she noticed chairs aligned messily in 15 rows, each row having ten chairs. Tilly never understood why she counted things, a nervous tick? a habit? Only the mysterious universe will know. She looked around and noticed that she was the only one in a blazer and somewhat professional look. At least she could look like a teen with her half up half down ponytail.

Tilly felt out of place in the room, she could already sense people starting to form their own friendship groups and cliques, it looked like a jungle out there and she wasn't ready to explore it. When the headmaster came up on stage, Tilly ushered herself into the first seat she saw. She stayed as far away as possible from anything that could harm her, she was frail and has no energy to fight, even if was a tiny punch. Tilly's mind wandered away from the Headmaster's speech, wondering what her aunt is scheming up in the moment with her 'Pudding'. She remembered very clearly the last time she saw her aunt in Arkham Asylum. The thought of her aunt being an insane clown terrified her.

Tilly fluttered her eyes as her mind came back to Earth, noticing that the speech was over. "
Oh!" she squeaked, hopping out of her seat. She looked around the auditorium, Tilly had no clue where to go now. Assuming that they had to go to their dorms, Tilly followed the instructions and went to her new bedroom. It was tiny and cramped, just how she liked it. Tilly chucked her suitcase onto the top bunk bed, followed her jumping onto the bunk. She opened her suitcase and tapped a photo of her and Harleen smiling together in front of her aunt's first workplace. Tilly was only thirteen when Harleen when to her first job yet unlike her new job, she was insane.

Pyosimros said:

Maya Fletcher

Location - Gymnasium

Tags -
@ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

H-How much longer?

The thought lingered in Maya's head as she stayed in the blistering cold weather outside the academy grounds. It seemed like they kept everyone waiting for around half an hour, and it
felt like it was the middle of Winter. A shiver was brought up Maya's spine, and she hugged her bag full of treats even harder. What was the purpose of carrying around a bag of various pastries rather than stuffing them into her bag? Maya wasn't too sure herself. She looked around her, and the feeling that she was going to receive hypothermia any moment now was mutual. There were some putting on a simple displeased face, others shivering, and then there were the people who straight up fell to the ground due to the weather. Looking up at the door once again, it opened with rapid force. The teacher, ordered everyone to come in, something that no one would refuse. Maya was one of the last people to enter, refusing to be trampled over if she were to come any earlier. Once around three quarters of the crowd has funnelled into the building, Maya made her way in. Unlike outside, inside the academy was rather well air-conditioned. She already knew this from past experience, it still trips her up when an extremely old-looking building has air-conditioned. Pulling out one of her pastries, Maya began to munch on it as she walked into the gymnasium. Sitting near the back, the Headmaster coincidentally went out at the same time.

Huh, I remember why I brought donuts now, Maya thought. It was to occupy her mind away from the boring speech in his normal monotone voice. As he began to talk, she slowly began to drift away, until she was rendered completely asleep.

~

A poke which should be more considered as a jab, was thrusted into her shoulder. Maya practically jumped out of her seat, fight-or-flight mode activated. Once alert, she quickly calmed down. It was probably someone who woke her up, and it looked like the Headmaster was done talking.
Good. If I can remember what we had to do... Maya's eyes slowly drifted from nothing, to something. Forgetting what she was talking about, she watched some guy practically beat a guy up. If lifting him off the ground and stating his mistakes was beating someone up.

Maya wanted no part in this, and everyone else seemed a share a mutual feeling. She slowly inched her way towards a decent-looking person. Someone, who doesn't look like she would break her neck if she was looking at her wrong. "That person seems nice," she smiled over at the stranger, assuming she knew who Maya was referring to.

Lucrazia felt a form of safety in the crowd, though she was only a few lines in the gathered ground during the speech. She felt as if she was out of sight from her fathers goons, even when the speech ended and the people began to separate into their group or left. It was a feeling she rarely got anymore, and one she tried not to find. Even home didn't feel safe, it was small as limited in options to come in as to leave and she wasn't sure what to do when they came in. She had trained in fighting but has never needed to use it beyond contesta and training so she wasn't sure how to react in real life.

She tried to wipe the thought out of her mind and looked around the campus, walking over to a map to remember what was on offer. The place was incredible, state of the art facilities, a couple of science labs with everything one would need. A swimming pool too. She figured she was going to have fun here... Though the thought was threatened by the sight of a guy beating another up, she simply shook her head at the sight.

However the feeling of being watched returned this time it felt close. She froze unsure of what to do, gripping the strap on her bag tightly. She forced herself to fight the feeling and took a deep breath, turning around giving the most convincing confident look she could manage.when she noted it was another girl she defrosted and forced a small smile."Hey... Buongiorno."She called out at the girl."

Emmaline "Emma" Haas | Location: Gymnasium

BQcDAAAAAwoDanBnAAAABC5vdXQKFjEwbDVHWlMzUzV1aVZWY2g0dmo1VFEAAAACaWQKAXgAAAAEc2l6ZQ.jpg

Emmaline took a bus to get to Gotham Academy. However, on the way, there was some traffic and she got there about 5 minutes later than everyone else. She didn't pay attention to the cold raindrops falling on her head and wetting her blonde hair. Or not immediately, at least. Her first priority in mind was making a decent first impression. Gotham Academy is the most prestigious school in the city. A good first impression is obviously imperative.

The teachers had opened the doors, apologizing to students as they walked inside, the majority of those students wet and shivering. Emmaline was tardy; therefore, she wasn't one of the later students. She walked inside, dragging her luggage-on-wheels noisily and looking around for a vacant seat. There were, at least, a few hundred students in the room. With numbers like that, it wouldn't be easy finding a good seat. After some time aimlessly looking around, she found a seat, but she ultimately felt like a fool. She couldn't imagine how distracting the sound of the wheels on her luggage rolling on the ground would be to the other students who focused on the words of the skinny old man giving the speech. On top of that, she heard soft laughs behind her. She groaned.

As she took a seat, she tried to fix her partially wet hair (which did very little) and listened to the elderly man's words. By the time she took a seat, she was at least 10 minutes late. She figured she was late for the beginning of the speech, but was on-time enough to know the locations in the school. After the man spoke about this, Emma started to drift off in a daydream. She didn't particularly feel nervous, but instead, felt relieved. She wouldn't have to endure another year in her previous high school in the poor uneducated area of Gotham where she lived her entire life. Her parents were more than happy to let her go to the Academy through the scholarship she had been awarded. In fact, they were ecstatic, seemingly more happy about it than she was herself.

Minutes felt like seconds; the orientation was easily over before she knew it. It was time to socialize with others or go to her dorm room. She knew what her number was and memorized it, but she first wanted to try to get to know as many people in the room as she could. However, she quickly heard people talking about her.

"Did you see that weird blonde that walked in late?"

"Haha, yeah, I can't even imagine someone stupid enough to show up late to an orientation at a school like this!"

"My thoughts exactly. Seriously, this is no ordinary school that you could show up to anytime. Honestly, I'd expect that from a blonde."

She heard laughs follow those words. She grunted, suddenly wishing she was invisible.

holdonletmetakeselfieAlice Tetch Bully

tumblr_o0btjyu8bQ1v2bwgto3_250.png

outfit ;; accesory | accesory | neck

mood ;;
"get me tf out of here" (>n<)

location ;;
gymnasium

song ;;

Alice awoke with clothes thrown at her, her father excited as he bumbled around, getting stuff together. Currently as Crybaby, she sat up, giggling. "Father dear, why are you so joyous?" She asked before he left. "Today is the day! The day, the day!" Alice tilted her head slightly, the short ginger confusing her. "Um..ok then! Please excuse yourself out so I can get ready for school!"

"Yes of course my Alice precious!" Jervis bowed his head and exited her room, milling off to his laboratory.

I haven't seen father happy like this in ages..

Its because he's sending us to that preppy ass academy in hopes of us killing somebody. Well you anyways.

T-thats not true! Why must you be so crude and violent!

Tears welled at Alices puppy brown eyes, stripping herself of her night clothes, and exchanging them for the blue and black uniform.

Jesus Christttt calm down. Im just kidding..

Bully wully, why must you be such a, hah, well bully to dearest Crybaby..?

Because she's, hah, well a crybaby

Alice sniffled and wiped at her eyes, fiddling with her golden 'Crybaby' necklace.

Now my dear, ignore this Queen of Hearts and get yourself pretty

Alice nodded, the corner of her lips turning up as she gazed at the mirror before her. Singing softly under her breath, she held back her blue and black curls with fake skeleton hands, finishing with a pastel blue flower crown on top.

Another smile broke out across her cheeks, taking out the nose ring Bully usually wore.

(music)"Always aiming paper airplanes at me when you're around

You build me up like building blocks just so you can bring me down"(music)

Leaving home and a chortling father, Bully kicked in and took over, growling as she noticed the flowers on her head. "Eck, so...vulnerable looking...I don't want to go to this hell looking like fresh meat to all the assholes that will be there.." Sticking her tongue out, she shoved the flowers in her bag, and tucking the Crybaby necklace into her shirt so no one saw. How embarassing...

Hey! Those looked so cute on us!

They did look quite lovely...reminding me of the roses in the Queen of Hearts garden. "Whatever. Im not listening to you guys and im not going to wear it.." Alice shoved her hands into her jacket pockets, the sky depressed as rain pelted down on the objects and beings below it. Slipping into the limousine her father called, she shook the water from her multi-colored hair, fishing into her bag for her earphones. Plugging them into her phone and playing Pink Floyd. Sighing deeply, she rest her head against the window, coco-colored eyes fluttering shut.

The sleek vehicle halted before the looming, ominous building, lighting dancing across the solemn sky. Outside the doors were a huddle of agitated teens, swayed by the rain and threatening thunder. Alice cringed at all the people, even Crybaby getting anxious. Swallowing down a lump, she made sure her earbuds were jammed in, not wanting to take any 'preppy bullshit'.

Making sure to stay a few feet behind the crowd, she stood there in comfortable loneliness.

Luckily, the doors burst open moments later and she rushed forward, pushing past others.

Some swore at her or made rude gestures and glares, but Alice didnt care nor did she have the time.

She wanted to get away from any of those people before she punched someone in the throat.

For someone that was home schooled, this was very overwhelming, Crybaby and Kid freaking out. Well, Kid was freaking out in her own way.

Reaching the gymnasium, she lowered her music just a little, hurrying over to the farthest corner. Minutes gone by and she was now listening to System Of A Down, wanting to scream just like the lead vocalist. Groaning slightly, she inched closer to the wall, glaring at everyone and everything.

The Headmaster entered and began to babble, Alice droning out and turning up her music again.

The Headmaster left, the teenagers off to do their own thing.

Thats when Teenagers by My Chemical Romance began to play.

"
Oh..how ironic.." Alice snickered, unsure what to do currently. So instead, she sat there, in hopes of it getting empty soon.

It didnt seem to be...especially with some ginger kid going off on this kid.

Alice groaned and splayed out across the seats, wishing she had a hoodie.

embed.php

Appearance

Jamie smiled when the male whistled lightly to get his dog's attention, the female hound rubbing her muzzle against the palm of his hand with her utmost affection. The interaction made Jamie's heart ache, but she said nothing as she waited for the young man to respond to her, giving him time to consider her offer for help. When he finally spoke, she listened intently, not noticing the girl splayed across the bleachers. "I would have an Aide, but my aunt is quite a nasty person when angry and canceled the order. If it wouldn't be any trouble, could you show me where the dorms are, please? I don't have any idea what any of these buildings are." The young male's polite request shocked Jamie for a moment, so much that she didn't respond for a few seconds afterwards.

"O-of course I'll help you! I mean, I did just offer, but I wouldn't flat out reject your request for help, mister. I would be no better than those bullies from before." Jamie concluded, frowning slightly. She didn't like that he was so tentative to accept her offer, but then again he had no idea what she looked like nor who she was, as it was still the first day of school. With a sigh, Jamie wrapped her hand gently around the young man's arm, hoping she wouldn't startle him, and spoke softly. "I'll lead you to the dorms and help you whenever you need help in the future, okay?" Her voice was gentle, so she wouldn't shock him further, as they left the gymnasium, headed towards the dorm buildings. (Doing this since Pyo wanted to speed things up...hope it doesn't bother you ;w;)

Jamie continued to lead the young male in silence, wondering about his name and the dog's name, so that she'd have something to call him other than 'you' or any of that nonsense. She looked ahead of her and began to explain the whereabouts of the dorms.
"The dorms are sort of attached to the main building of the school, where the main classes are, I think. There are some pretty flowers near the buildings, so maybe your dog can remember the smell and help you get there when I'm not around. The boys' dorms are on the left of the main building when you're approaching the side with flowers, which I hope helps, and I need you to tell me your room number so I can help you find your room." Jamie glanced sideways at the male she walked with and spoke to, not having to look too far up since he wasn't that much taller than her. After glancing at him she looked back towards her, and noticed the redhead guy on his way to the dorm. She wanted to speak up and thank him, but refrained for fear of bothering the blind student she walked beside.

Tag:

@Yngwie Schutz @Exanis Character's Mood: Curious User's Mood: o-o Location: Gymnasium -> Courtyard-ish Place?

holdonletmetakeselfieAlice Tetch Crybaby

Cc5avwxWoAAlyH-.jpg

outfit ;; accessory | accessory | neck

mood ;;
confused & curious (' :| )( O.o )

location ;;
hallways (?)

tag ;;
@Exanis

America Suiteheart by Fall Out Boy rang throughout Alices' ears as she lay there across the seats uncaringly, eyes snapped shut. Music was one of the only cures for Bullys spouts of rage, and it didn't necessarily always work.

A soft sigh escaped her lips, wondering if she opened her eyes she'd be disappointed.

I really want to fucking leave so... Russian Roulette it is..

Milk chocolate orbs popped open to land upon a semi-empty gym and Bully sat up, scratching her head. "Finally.."

Stretching with a gracious yawn, Bully began to head for the exit of the gym, something catching her eye.

A blind boy and a blondie helping him. Now thinking about it, she recalled an egg being launched at the misfortunate male, and then later on the ginger exploding on peers near him. She could already feel Crybaby getting overwhelmed with strong emotions.

"
T-that was so mean! Im so glad that nice looking blonde girl is helping him.. "

God dammit.. The sad blind kid, the damn cute dog and the kindess of that chick probably triggered another switch. God. Dammnit.

Hehee~ Oops.. Not sure if im sorry but..

Flower crown time!

Alice grinned and pulled the baby blue flowers, setting them on her head with a grin.

"
Ok...what did the Headmaster say..?" Her cheeks grew pink, entering the hallway. She remembered nothing due to the fact Bully had in earphones and was paying no attention to the poor middle-aged man.

Getting flustered, she fished around for her phone, hoping there'd be something on the school site.

Instead, she received a notification from her father. Specifically, a text message.

Pressing a finger to the LED screen, it opened up her fathers message. (Don't question the emojis for his name cx. Each personality put down an emoticon by his name)

Dad (<3)([/SIZE
>:( )(x_x)]
them
Oh hello
them
I forgot to mention
them
(Damn send buttom! ›[/SIZE] :( [SIZE=12px] )
them
That you will be living there.
them
Okay. I love you. Don't kicked out. Bye.
them
Oh, and here's everything you need to know. Room, Classes, etc.
them
Dad (<3)([/SIZE] >:( [SIZE=12px])(x_x) sent link
me
W-wait what ([/SIZE] :o [SIZE=12px])
me
Im living here?! ([/SIZE] :o [SIZE=12px])(:'()

Alice felt her chest tighten, her vison going blurry with tears as she stared at the screen. Unaware of her surroundings, the teary-eyed female bumped into the ginger from before.

Alice let out a nervous squeak and stumbled back a bit, trying to regain balance. Crybaby's notorious for being the clumsiest one of the personalities. Quickly wiping at her eyes, she prayed he wouldn't notice the tears. Bully would be so agitated if anyone saw her crying.

"
O-oh my goodness! I am so sorry sir-" The black and blue haired girl stammered an apology, hurrying past him towards what she thought was the girls dorms. In all reality, it was actually the boys.

Joshua Sterling

He would be the first to admit that, like every year he's done this, it would take the new students a bit to stop being so skittish around him. Those who've been here with him have long since gotten used to his volatile temper. Not that it bothered him at all though, he was here to get perfect grades to make sure his Mom had the best life she could, and he was doing just that. That thought jolted him back into the present. He still needed to talk to the Headmaster about getting more funding sent his way if he joined extracurricular activities. Maybe even a bodyguarding job? Well, he'd have to not want to throttle the person who he was bodyguarding first and foremost, but he could see it working out. Suddenly something else jolted him out of his thoughts. He turned and looked down at who bumped into him, about to snarl at them, his temper already back to maximum.

Then he stopped, and the anger simply disappeared. It was a girl. A new girl, since he'd never seen here before. And she seemed... To be crying? And he was positive that there was a vicious snarl on his face the moment he turned. Oh goodness, that wouldn't have helped in the slightest. And now she was apologizing and running away? What would Mom tell him to do?
'Run after her! Never let a girl cry alone!' That's probably it. Considering that was what she told him this morning, he was fairly positive in that thought. Without another thought, Joshua hurried after her, his long legs and inherit athleticism allowing him to catch up to her in no time. Slowing down as he neared her, he gently put a hand on her shoulder. "So, it really isn't my business on why you're crying right now. Nor is it my business on why you happen to be heading towards the boys dorms, but I can't in my right mind let a girl suffer. Tell me what's wrong and I'll make sure everything gets better. Consider it a welcoming gift, eh? That's quite the rare thing coming from me by the way, so in my humble opinion? I kindly suggest you take me up on my offer, else the guilt will crush my soul and cause a deep state of depression that will take at least three therapist sessions and fifteen tubs of ice cream to overcome." Throughout his little speech he was smiling gently at Alice, and towards the end, his pseudo-serious tone slowly shifted to a joking one.

@dorkling

holdonletmetakeselfieAlice Tetch Crybaby

tumblr_o2bcy1djxq1ucmfyoo2_250.png

outfit ;;

accessory | accessory | neck

mood ;;
nervous & thankful

location ;;
hallways near boys dormitory

tag ;;
@Exanis

Alice was unaware of the progressing figure behind her until it was too late. The flustered female felt wamrth on her shoulder, causing her to jump slightly and turn, beholding the tall, fiery haired boy. He was practically a giant to the 5'3 girl, rather intimidating. Bully would probably knee him in the groin and run off.

Alice rarely made contact with anyone, unless it was her father or past pets, so that touch to her shoulder was uncomfortably new and overwhelming for her. Nervous and worrisome, she fixated her gaze to the floor, being a shy little gal. More shy than usual due to the fact everything was changing for her. Her whole life practically. She grew up believing she'd be a neuroscientist like her father and live in a mansion with a lot of pets that
wouldn't die due to 'running away' in her dads words.

Was her lack of human interaction unhealthy? Maybe?

Definitely.

She didn't even know how to properly converse with someone or not make everything awkward-

"
So, it really isn't my business on why you're crying right now..."

Listening to him, she noticied the gentle smile that played across his lips as he spoke, his tone beginning to turn light.

"
Wowie.. You talk a lot... " Alice accidentally said aloud, taking a few moments to realize. "O-oh my word! I-im sorry again um-" Her cheeks grew scarlet, panic in her doe brown eyes. "I just-."

Take a deep breath love..

Alice obeyed to Kids advice and inhaled shakily. "D-dont worry about me... My um uh," She paused, knowing she couldn't just spew out, 'Oh, one of my really mean personalities calls me this rude nickname for a reason.' No way, she'd look crazy! And this could possibly be her first friend. Or maybe he'd run off and tell how weird she was..

"
... My friends! Yeah, by friends nickname me 'Crybaby' and for a reason" Alice pulled on a cheesy looking smile, dimples popping up a bit.

But then it faltered. "
Oh dear.. The boys dormitory you say?" She buried her face in her dainty looking hands, making a sound of distress. After a few seconds, she peeked through her fingers, letting out a soft sigh. "Point me towards the Girls Dormitory and I'll be on my way? And please do not feel so guilty and overreat that much icecream! Could cause a stomach ache you know.." Alice trailed off, remmebering the time she splurged on the dairy delight. "A-anyways, I appreciate your help deeply. Very gracious indeed. Oh... And that was very kind of you to stand up for that impaired boy.. "

Oh dear... Am I saying too much?

yES! IM DYING OVER HERE. W-WHY WOULD YOU D O THIS. NOW HE MIGHT REGULARY T AL K TO US. YOU FUCK, YOU'RE CRAZIER THAN KID!

Joshua Sterling

He blinked. Then again. Then tilted his head to the side. Soundlessly, he pointed in the opposite direction of where they were going, then walked off towards his room, completely silent. In his mind, he was still reeling. Never before had someone said he talked too much. Granted, he supposed it was true at times, but most of the time he was fairly reserved. When he wasn't angry that is. And that was quite a bit of the time he supposed. But still, he was stunned to the point of speechlessness, a major feat he supposed. He even registered what she said afterwards, yet still couldn't react. Talked too much she said. He snorts to himself. This is what he got for being friendly to someone. Never again. Never again, and yet he knew he would be kind to someone soon enough. He sighed.

Reaching his room, he entered and allowed himself to fall face first onto the bed he claimed as his own. A feeling of resignation fell upon him as another year would soon pass by with him stuck in this building, always wondering how his mother was. He scowled into the bedsheets and promised himself to try and visit her on the weekends if he could. That would cheer him up. Maybe even count how much money they had saved up, and see if they could buy a nice little diner for his mom to run. That would be nice he supposed. Sighing, he closed his eyes and simply sat there, listening to the faint pitter patter of the rain, and allowed himself to relax, trying, and succeeding, to get his mind off the girl who called herself Crybaby, and offhandedly insulted him. Or at least, he viewed it as an insult. Shaking his head and clearing his mind once again, he took a deep breath and continue to relax.

@dorkling

<p>

"O-of course I'll help you! I mean, I did just offer, but I wouldn't flat out reject your request for help, mister. I would be no better than those bullies from before." [/b]The girl stammered out, sounding a bit frantic. Ruben frowned at this, trying not to let his distaste of the words show. Just because he was blind didn't mean that people he wanted people to bend over backwards for him. Some people felt uncomfortable helping the disabled and he was completely okay with. Not everyone wants to help someone disabled, nor are they obligated too. Though he was glad that he accepted his offer, he would hate if she were just doing it because he was blind, but he didn't want to offend her either. After a small argument inside himself, he decided to keep these thoughts to himself and stood up, starting to collect his things. Ruben was a bit surprised when his arm was linked through but when he realized who it was, he quickly relaxed his form. She had waited until he was done putting his bag on, which he greatly appreciated, otherwise, he might have dropped his bag, full of over 100 dollars of medical equipment, on the ground. He nodded gently at her words and they began to walk. Charlotte making sure that she was walking beside James. She had told James through her rub earlier that she accepted Jamie as a leader, though he was still comforted by the fact that she did. Charlotte has had way more interaction with people than James has, so he trusted her when it came to dealing with, well, anyone. She had told him their James-to-Charlotte language. The one language they knew of that both of them could speak easily.

</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>

Soon as they were walking, Jamie began to speak about the layout of the building and where the dorms were. He listened intently, wanting to know everything he could so he could get around by himself. Though one part of her speech surprised him so much he couldn't help but smile. "<strong>maybe your dog can remember the smell and help you get there when I'm not around." </strong>He suppressed a laugh and simply widened his smile. He didn't want to be rude and interrupt her speech, but his doctor had been right about people and service dogs. Service dogs, for the blind at least, only were trained to walk in a straight line to the right or left of their master. She could memorize routes once shown to her, like Ruben, but again, you would need someone to show you around first. It had nothing to do with smelling the flowers. Although Charlotte wasn't just his aide, she was trained as a military dog at one time before she was converted to an aide. So Mabey, just mabey, she would have some other skills as well, like sniffing out how other people smelled and certain locations smells. She did found Ruben pretty well when he lost her...

</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>

.....he really needs to stop getting lost outside...

</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>

..in the cemetery...

</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>

..at midnight.

</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>

Ruben now realized he goes to strange places when he can't sleep. Suddenly, Jamie's arm tightened and she moved forward a bit. Soon after, her muscles relaxed and she seemed to move nearer to him again. He recognized this immediately, the someone-wanting-to-talk-to-someone-else-but-stopping-because-of-him move. That was very common when he was younger and his parents didn't know very much about his disorder or how to handle it. It was an extremely experimental phase in his life where his mother, a 'social butterfly' as they call it, had to adjust to her son and how he needed to hold her hand at all times. His mom couldn't talk about anything she wanted to with her friends when he was around. There he goes thinking about his parents again, he closed down the thought quickly, preventing his train of thought from wandering over the events of his past. Shaking his head a bit to erase the thought before he continued to walk with the blonde beside him. "I'm in room 101, simple isn't it?" He chuckled a bit, in a slightly better mood than before. Still very scared and uncomfortable, but happy he had made a friend. He thought for a second then turned towards her directly.

</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>

"Oh, I haven't introduced myself have I? So sorry about that, I'm Ruben, James Ruben. This is my guide dog Charlotte, she trusts you, so you can probably pet her at any time if you want. Most people ask me that, right off of the bat." He said, letting a small laugh escape his lips. "You can lead me to my room, I can feel my way around from there. I bet you must feel uncomfortable going into the Boy's dormitory, especially in a boy's room " he said, his eyes turning a bit sympathetic towards her. Well, at least his eyebrows were. Charlotte nudged his leg to let him know they were approaching the door. @Anaxileah

</p>

embed.php

Appearance

The two of them walked in silence for a moment, but it wasn't an awkward one - Jamie felt relaxed, and the light sprinkling of rain on her hair and jacket made her smile alongside the male student, her light blue eyes almost the same hue as the clouds the rain fell from. She glanced towards the impaired make a moment, her eyes assessing him as he thought to himself. Her smile faltered slightly when he frowned, but it seemed he had come to some conclusion and made a move to speak. When the taller student spoke to her she listened quietly as he told her his room number and chuckled lightly. Her smile never faded from her face as he spoke, introducing himself to her.

"Oh, I haven't introduced myself have I? So sorry about that, I'm Ruben, James Ruben. This is my guide dog Charlotte, she trusts you, so you can probably pet her at any time if you want. Most people ask me that, right off of the bat." When he finished introducing himself a small laugh left his mouth, and Jamie grinned as he continued. "You can lead me to my room, I can feel my way around from there. I bet you must feel uncomfortable going into the Boy's dormitory, especially in a boy's room."

This time, it was Jamie's turn to let out a lighthearted laugh.

"It's no trouble, James. Or Ruben, would you rather me call you by your last name? Either way, not much bothers me. And thank you for telling me about Charlotte. She's a beauty. But I feel like it'd be impolite to let her when she's on-duty, if that makes sense...I dunno. I guess my logic is weird. But thank you for letting me know for future purposes." Jamie let out another chuckle as they neared the Boys' Dormitory Door. Her arm left James' with a slight pay and she went to open the door, before calling out with a little more volume, "It's straight ahead. Sorry if anything I say offends you... I'm pretty bad at making new friends."[/b] Jamie spoke sheepishly, running a hand across the top of her blonde head, her fingers brushing through the ponytail. Her mascara-coated eyelashes fluttered a moment as she tried to think of something else I talk about.

"So..." Jamie began as the two entered the building, searching for his room number. She had linked her arm with his once more, and was looking at the different room numbers. "Okay so there's Braille by each room number, and room 101 is the first door on the left." Jamie finished, reaching the door. When she tried the handle, it was unlocked, so she pushed the door open, completely unaware of the possibility that a male could already be present. "O-oh! I'm sorry...James, your roommate is already here, he's the one that stuck up for you earlier." Jamie turned toward said redhead and frowned apologetically, her cheeks a light pink. "I'm terribly sorry, I was just helping my friend get to his room." Jamie apologized earnestly to the student who was lying on his bed, not sure if he'd actually listen to her.

Tag:

@Yngwie Schutz @Exanis Character's Mood: Cheerful -> Embarrassed User's Mood: Tired af Location: Courtyard -> Boys' Dormitory

Maya Fletcher

Location - Gymnasium

Tags -
@ThatGuyWithSouvlaki and @karmaa

"Hey... Buongiorno."

Oooh~. She speaks a foreign language maybe. That's cool.

Maya gave a smile to the stranger, before proceeding with an introduction. "
Hi! My name's Maya, nice to meet you," she held a hand out for a shake, slowly retracting it afterwards upon realizing that it was a little too...'professional'. Maya chuckled the canceled handshake, seemingly making the situation worse for both parties. She needed something to break the ice. Anything would do, Maya didn't care what it was. Eyes fluttered, introverted body language, all signs pointed to her going into her 'thinking mode'. Seconds passed, and Maya sprung up from this mode, ready to contribute something to the conversation.

"Ihavethisclub. It'd be cool if you join and stuff 'cuz I'm really short on members right now. There's only me and this other guy. Everyone else graduated last year," Maya blurted at warp speed, covering her mouth afterwards upon realizing what she had just said. The club's a secret organization! She wasn't supposed to blurt out such things and compromise the club's secrecy!

A long exhale was given after the whole ordeal settled. She'll have to roll with it since she already started blabbing.
"Meet up at the cafeteria after school tomorrow. I don't usually start meetings there, but I'm guessing I'll get really hungry tomorrow and I'll have the munchies." Maya gave one of those cheesy smiles with a thumbs up, displaying her nervousness with this. The only way this conversation can go now is downhill, and Maya knew this fully well.

"Now that that's over...I'll see you tomorrow I guess...?" Maya stuttered slightly, and once she was done talking, she sprinted away. Maya needs some time to rest her head after her act of stupidity. She just hopes that her roommate didn't beat her to the dorm, 'else she'll be forced into a conversation.

~

"Oh! Hello!" Maya waved at who she'd assume was her roommate. She seemed like a friendly person, at least that was judging by appearance. In reality, her roommate could be the rudest person she'd ever met.

"I don't think I saw you here before. This your first year?" Maya questioned, setting her suitcase beside the opposite-facing bed looking up at her with a bright expression.

3m2vscx.png

Shaun Stewart

Location - Gymnasium

Tags -
@Splo

"Ah, it was about time the old man shut up."

A yawn was produced from Shaun's mouth as he rose from his seat. There wasn't much of a point going to his dorm now, considering the amount of people he could converse with at the moment. He rose from his chair, stretching rather briefly before examining his surroundings. Already, there was quite a scene brewing.

There was a redhead, defending a helpless...person for unknown reasons. Before Shaun can make an appearance, the crowd dispersed, and they split up in groups. No use in talking to any of them now. His head moved to other areas of the room, until he found who he should talk to.

The other students seemed to be $@!#-talking her, which isn't much of a surprise knowing some of the people here. First year Shaun arrived, same thing happened. He had just happened to take it in like a good sport and they stopped doing it sooner or later. Shaun made her way over to her, maybe he could convince her into joining the Detective Club. The lasting members seemed to favour the less popular people anyways.

"Sorry about everyone here. Most of them are usually pretty harsh on new students," Shaun spoke calmly over to the stranger. "My name's Shaun by the way, nice to meet you."

Rosalyn sat on a bench near the entrance to Gotham Academy,waiting patiently while listening to music. Her brother, was leaning on the bench with one arm while the other held an umbrella.Rosalyn glanced at her watch and sighed quietly while Leo scanned around the huge crowd, smiling at those who also happened to look at his way,but then he heard some students commenting on another boy.

"You see that kid? Creepy right?"

"Yeah, he's just sitting there, what's with his dog? That thing looks Vicious."

"Can you even have dogs in here?"

"He not moving at all! Is he dead or alive hahaha!"

He immediately frowned, but then his eyes widened when he saw one of the kids threw an egg at the boy. 'Okay, that's it.' he thought and stood up, his eyes glaring at the younger students and took one step towards them."Brother-" and then he reluctantly stopped. "You do know that if you get in trouble, you'll get expelled- classes aren't even starting yet." She sighed and pulled off her earphones."As much as I would like you to get kicked out, if you got expelled, I have to move back to Star City as well." she seriously explained.

"Rosa, didn't you see-" Leonardo started, but was cut off when the sound of the double doors swung open and. Students immediately started rushing forward to the doors while a teacher murmured apologies."See what?" Rosalyn asked as she stood up and fixed her things, and grabbed her trolley bag's handle."We should go now." she said and joined the sea of students, walking to the entrance. He sighed and shook his head before grabbing his own things and ran after her."Hey! Wait for meee!!" he called after her.'I'll try to search for that boy later'

~

Rosalyn and her brother reached the gymnasium, she immediately searched for an available seat that was closest to the front and took a seat. Leonardo trailed behind, trying to search for the boy but couldn't find him, so he reluctantly sat down beside his sister and waited for the orientation to start. After five minutes passed the orientation ended, with Rosalyn closing her notepad, where she jotted down every important detail. Leonardo craned his next looking again....

"I'm sorry, but could you leave? You're lowering the IQ of the entire building just by being here."

His head snapped to the voice, wondering if it was another bully but then figured out that it was a girl defending the boy who he saw earlier.

Leonardo smiled slightly, it wasn't only him who noticed the boy,he stood up and was about to approach them when...

"Let me make ONE thing clear, yeah? I get angry reaaaaaaal easy, ya feel? And when I get angry, things tend ta' break, ya know?"

The voice's loud ruckus grabbed Rosalyn's attention from fixing her things and her eyes wandered to a red-haired boy, holding a boy on his collar. She quietly listened to him threaten to the group of students that she figured were bullying the boy from earlier. Of course, she noticed what had upset her brother earlier, as much as she would have liked to interfere, it wasn't her place- and neither was it her brother's. He would obviously have gotten himself in trouble if she had allowed him to interfere.

"And this goes for all ya punks that think the world is gonna be handed to ya on a silver platter! That boy-" the red-haired male pointed at the blond boy."Is under MY protection. I hear anythin' about anyone messin' with him and it's your head, ya jive? Great!"

"That was...interesting." Rosalyn murmured as she stood up from her seat." Well even I could have done that too-" Leonardo pouted while crossing his arms."Much earlier too if you haven't stopped me awhile ago- the blond boy was being bullied and I could have defended him." he added. Rosalyn rolled her eyes, and decided on whether to continue the conversation or not."Of course you would, now that's finished- I have to leave now and go to my dorm room now, if you wouldn't mind." she replied.

"I
would mind actually." Leonardo answered and she sighed a bit."What is it now?" she questioned and he grinned."Well we could always try to talk with the others here! It would be fun to know more people right?" he said motioning to the people who were left in the gymnasium." How about, no thanks? I'd rather go to my dorm now- good bye." she said walking away. "I'll just walk you to your dorm then!" he called after her,grabbing his stuff and running after her.

"No way! Boys aren't supposed to go to the girl's dormitory area, you'll weird out the girls there!" Rosalyn shook her head and started to run, but bumped into someone."Oops, sorry about that." She winced slightly.

Tags:

@Pyosimros

@Anaxileah

@Yngwie Schutz

@Exanis

@Splo

@ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

@karmaa

Users who are viewing this thread

Back