• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Gods Among Men || Detailed Deity Race Against Time Shenanigans

Nox gently handled the small piece of wood clasped between his fingers. A steady scraping, the soft murmur of the wind and occasional bird call were the only sounds within the woods. Shavings of pale white wood scattered the ground around the tree stump he was sat upon, more falling to the earth with the constant motion of his hand. The knife it held cut in shallow, precise moves, slowly forming a nondescript animal, its four legs starting to take form as he whittled away.

The sound of wings fluttering above caused Nox to stop, his eyes gazing up. Amongst the tall pines surrounding him, several ravens rested, all mute. They were not what drew his attention though. Perched on a branch, looking down at him was a dove, as pale as the wood held in his hand.

For several seconds it sat and watched Nox, observing him as he did it. Then without warning it took flight, soaring above the god and through the trees behind him. He turned, following its path. But it was gone. Instead, a familiar figure stood where it had headed, some distance away from Nox.

The quiet sounds of the forest died, leaving an unnatural stillness.

“Do you recall what you once said to me?” Nox asked, straightening up from his seat and staring at his twin.“You said, ‘We are opposites. But, like the rain and the sun. Day and night. Winter and summer. We give the other purpose’." he fixed his brother with a stare. One of hurt, anger and even fear. "What has changed?"

Nox spoke calmly, but the ravens above had begun to move, leaving their positions and swooping down. They circled wide around Nox, flying through the trees and sending harsh cries into the air. The grass beneath his feet started to wither and the carving he still held in his hand began to crumble. The wood softened and broke apart, being reduced to the fineness of sand in Nox’s tightening grip.

A growl sounded somewhere in the back of his throat as the figure advanced towards him. The ravens packed in closer to Nox, their screeches growing louder as more and more of the earth around the god decayed. Grass rotting as it turned black, flowers wilting and disintegrating into nothing. The noise of the birds grew, a deafening sound of feathers and cawing which continued, even as the figure raised his hand towards Nox in a first and final gesture.
I really enjoyed it but I do want to give the others a chance! ^^

I think I went to abstract with this one. It was fun to write nonetheless.

Nox observed the flower between his fingers corrode away within the instant his tender skin embraced it. Just moments ago it had been so full of life, but now nothing more than a feeble memory and timeless reminder. The small fragments that remained were quickly picked up by the wind and taken elsewhere. His eyes chased the remains as far as they took him until the pieces became as lost as his thoughts. It was incredible how a single day could change an eternity of thinking just like that. Though not change, but rather destroy.

The perfect example that anything could be destroyed.

Having chosen to open his eyes, Nox gazed upon the world. A world only he could view in its truth. A barren world destroyed by the actions of its inhabitants and those who overlooked it. It had always looked this way to him, but today something had changed. By Zephyr's name he could almost laugh. Amidst it all there was something that was missing, and he noticed it all to quickly. It was something that should never have been, and something he had never thought could be destroyed. Perhaps it had never been there to begin with, and he had made it himself. An odd thing for a god of destruction to do.

The perfect example that anything could be created.

One last time Nox opened his eyes. This time he saw nothing. Nothing, but a figure standing before him. The world enveloping the two were naught but a blank template. The one standing parallel to him spoke, but the words didn't register. This time, Nox did laugh. His hearty laughter flew into the endless wake, and would do so for eternities to come. The unsaid words had birthed an understanding within him. The blank world and the figure before him were not as he perceived. It was quite the opposite, the figure had been blank all along and the world a vibrant one.

"Don't you see, brother?" Nox japed. "The world has chosen to destroy us. That seems more than fair to me."

The one standing face to face with him was his indeed his brother, but all Nox could see was himself.

It would seem even gods could be destroyed.

Nox observed the flower between his fingers corrode away within the instant his tender skin embraced it. Just moments ago it had been so full of life, but now nothing more than a feeble memory and timeless reminder. The small fragments that remained were quickly picked up by the wind and taken elsewhere. His eyes chased the remains as far as they took him until the pieces became as lost as his thoughts. It was incredible how a single day could change an eternity of thinking just like that. Though not change, but rather destroy.

Having chosen to open his eyes, Nox gazed upon the world. A world only he could view in its truth. A barren world destroyed by the actions of its inhabitants and those who overlooked it. It had always looked this way to him, but today something had changed. By Zephyr's name he could almost laugh. Amidst it all there was something that was missing, and he noticed it all to quickly. It was something that should never have been, and something he had never thought could be destroyed. Perhaps it had never been there to begin with, and he had made it himself. An odd thing for a god of destruction to do.

One last time Nox opened his eyes. This time he saw nothing. Nothing, but a figure standing before him. The world enveloping the two were naught but a blank template. The one standing parallel to him spoke, but the words didn't register. This time, Nox did laugh. His hearty laughter flew into the endless wake, and would do so for eternities to come. The unsaid words had birthed an understanding within him. The blank world and the figure before him were not as he perceived. It was quite the opposite, the figure had been blank all along and the world a vibrant one.

"Don't you see, brother?" Nox japed. "The world has chosen to destroy us. That seems more than fair to me."

The one standing face to face with him was his indeed his brother, but all Nox could see was himself.

Interesting... still waiting for others to give me theirs!

Dark caressed his being. Nox found the darkness comforting, unlike so many other beings who found the dark terrifying. Darkness was his element. It was a lack of light, the lack of his twin. Despite being Lucian's twin, Nox had always preferred to stand on his own. He had a sinking feeling that Lucian did as well. Nox watched from the shadows, as each of their siblings were brought down by Lucian's hand, one by one. They weren't killed, no - Nox would never allow such encroachment onto his own territory, even from his twin. Instead, they were merely made into humans and cast down to the mortal realm. The shadowy being slunk away. He knew his own time was coming.

Nox had been content to let the world forget about him. No one worshiped a deity of death, anyways, except the crazy Egyptians. But they had a concept of a happy afterlife, unlike so many other societies. Death wasn't the end for them, unlike so many other humanly ideas of death. Death was more like a rebirth for them. It was a fresh, interesting idea that Nox enjoyed, despite not being in their pantheon. And the God of Destruction did so enjoy the fresh, new ideas. New things weren't things he usually got to have to himself. Usually, by the time something got to him, it was broken and beaten, and ready to break. Sometimes he didn't even need to use his powers to break the things he received.

"I'm surprised you saved me for last," Nox stated, enshrouded in the darkness that permeated his portion of the realm. His twin stood a good distance away from him, outputting a certain glow that was swallowed up by the rest of the realm in only ten feet of distance. The darkness was thick enough to almost cut through, and Lucian's light was all but a small bubble in the permanent inky darkness of Nox's realm. "Could it be that you are hesitating on cutting down your own twin?" Nox taunted, but his voice was dull and flat, holding no malice nor taunt. In truth, Nox only wanted the best for his twin, despite how the two would sometimes butt heads against each other. But if there was one thing Nox was sure of, that the path Lucian was following was not healthy for him, his mental or emotional health. Still the brighter god hesitated. Nox stepped forwards into the light his twin put out, and tilted his head to the side, eyes sad but lips tilted up in a gentle smile.

"You can't kill me," Nox stated simply. "I'll come back for you." There was no threat behind his words. Instead, it was a promise. A promise that Nox wouldn't let Lucian do this to himself or all of humanity. A promise that Nox would do the impossible and fix his broken twin. Exhaling, Nox bowed his head and closed his eyes, ready to embrace the same fate that his twin had brought upon his siblings.

May I ask what you are not sure about? Is it the fact that I assumed too much freedom -I was not sure about the 'worldbuilding' -for lack of a better word-, but adding something to the roleplay is something that's so ingrained in my rp at this point, that I figured that without it, it just wouldn't feel like I did my best, and... and... well... *flails*-
You got Adya! :3

Nox gently handled the small piece of wood clasped between his fingers. A steady scraping, the soft murmur of the wind and occasional bird call were the only sounds within the woods. Shavings of pale white wood scattered the ground around the tree stump he was sat upon, more falling to the earth with the constant motion of his hand. The knife it held cut in shallow, precise moves, slowly forming a nondescript animal, its four legs starting to take form as he whittled away.

The sound of wings fluttering above caused Nox to stop, his eyes gazing up. Amongst the tall pines surrounding him, several ravens rested, all mute. They were not what drew his attention though. Perched on a branch, looking down at him was a dove, as pale as the wood held in his hand.

For several seconds it sat and watched Nox, observing him as he did it. Then without warning it took flight, soaring above the god and through the trees behind him. He turned, following its path. But it was gone. Instead, a familiar figure stood where it had headed, some distance away from Nox.

The quiet sounds of the forest died, leaving an unnatural stillness.

“Do you recall what you once said to me?” Nox asked, straightening up from his seat and staring at his twin.“You said, ‘We are opposites. But, like the rain and the sun. Day and night. Winter and summer. We give the other purpose’." he fixed his brother with a stare. One of hurt, anger and even fear. "What has changed?"

Nox spoke calmly, but the ravens above had begun to move, leaving their positions and swooping down. They circled wide around Nox, flying through the trees and sending harsh cries into the air. The grass beneath his feet started to wither and the carving he still held in his hand began to crumble. The wood softened and broke apart, being reduced to the fineness of sand in Nox’s tightening grip.

A growl sounded somewhere in the back of his throat as the figure advanced towards him. The ravens packed in closer to Nox, their screeches growing louder as more and more of the earth around the god decayed. Grass rotting as it turned black, flowers wilting and disintegrating into nothing. The noise of the birds grew, a deafening sound of feathers and cawing which continued, even as the figure raised his hand towards Nox in a first and final gesture.
Dark caressed his being. Nox found the darkness comforting, unlike so many other beings who found the dark terrifying. Darkness was his element. It was a lack of light, the lack of his twin. Despite being Lucian's twin, Nox had always preferred to stand on his own. He had a sinking feeling that Lucian did as well. Nox watched from the shadows, as each of their siblings were brought down by Lucian's hand, one by one. They weren't killed, no - Nox would never allow such encroachment onto his own territory, even from his twin. Instead, they were merely made into humans and cast down to the mortal realm. The shadowy being slunk away. He knew his own time was coming.

Nox had been content to let the world forget about him. No one worshiped a deity of death, anyways, except the crazy Egyptians. But they had a concept of a happy afterlife, unlike so many other societies. Death wasn't the end for them, unlike so many other humanly ideas of death. Death was more like a rebirth for them. It was a fresh, interesting idea that Nox enjoyed, despite not being in their pantheon. And the God of Destruction did so enjoy the fresh, new ideas. New things weren't things he usually got to have to himself. Usually, by the time something got to him, it was broken and beaten, and ready to break. Sometimes he didn't even need to use his powers to break the things he received.

"I'm surprised you saved me for last," Nox stated, enshrouded in the darkness that permeated his portion of the realm. His twin stood a good distance away from him, outputting a certain glow that was swallowed up by the rest of the realm in only ten feet of distance. The darkness was thick enough to almost cut through, and Lucian's light was all but a small bubble in the permanent inky darkness of Nox's realm. "Could it be that you are hesitating on cutting down your own twin?" Nox taunted, but his voice was dull and flat, holding no malice nor taunt. In truth, Nox only wanted the best for his twin, despite how the two would sometimes butt heads against each other. But if there was one thing Nox was sure of, that the path Lucian was following was not healthy for him, his mental or emotional health. Still the brighter god hesitated. Nox stepped forwards into the light his twin put out, and tilted his head to the side, eyes sad but lips tilted up in a gentle smile.

"You can't kill me," Nox stated simply. "I'll come back for you." There was no threat behind his words. Instead, it was a promise. A promise that Nox wouldn't let Lucian do this to himself or all of humanity. A promise that Nox would do the impossible and fix his broken twin. Exhaling, Nox bowed his head and closed his eyes, ready to embrace the same fate that his twin had brought upon his siblings.
Hmmmmm....

It was a tough call.

But I think....

-drum roll-

Congratulations...

whoop

Some suggestions for Adya's animal:
- Butterfly or Lightning bug: the latter more so due to its light representing the light of a soul within?
- Cat: spiritual guardians?
- Owl: guide/messenger?
- Hummingbird: see above
- Horse: idk man

whoop

Some suggestions for Adya's animal:
- Butterfly or Lightning bug: the latter more so due to its light representing the light of a soul within?
- Cat: spiritual guardians?
- Owl: guide/messenger?
- Hummingbird: see above
- Horse: idk man
Mmm, the cat can work! Thanks hun. ^^ (we could totally do a 1x1 though as I saw your search <3)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back