• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern God Save the Prom Queen {still open}

have i peaked your interest?

• yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

amxlia

barmherzigkeit

GOD SAVE THE PROM QUEEN

❝teenage daydream, just another dressed-up heartbreak ❞

85c11d8a28bd2075df4298d67255d48e.jpg

♕ s t o r y ♕
Toni Kestner had only one goal for her senior year; prom queen. No one dared call her overdramatic about it, because at Wilkins High School Toni Kestner was queen with or without a plastic crown. And she wasn't the benevolent type of monarch either. The entire year one could find at least five posters telling the students of Wilkins to vote Toni, even the night of prom, when no one would see them aside from a mouse or two. Girls in shimmering dresses and boys in dapper suits would file into the school's enormous gym decorated so it barely resembled its usual state at about eight o'clock at night on that warm May night. Then, the queen made her entrance; wearing only the most stunning gown with only the most attractive people flanking her. Any ladies dreaming of overthrowing her cowered in fear, or merely bowed as the rest of the queen's kingdom did. At about ten o'clock the crowning ceremony began, though Toni Kestner was nowhere to be found. At about ten-fifteen the announcer called out her name and waited a minute for her to come up to receive her tiara. Toni didn't show. The announcer called again, and again, until it was decided just to award the title to her the next day. The music began again, and everyone was beginning to have a good time again, when an ear-piercing scream filled the room echoing from the main hallway. The music was stopped abruptly as many of the students and staff ran out to see what the commotion was about. They found Toni Kestner's best friend standing before a sight no one had expected; there Toni was, with a copy of the tiara upon her head, roped to the wall and covered in her own blood.

The prom queen had been murdered, and the murderer had left a note pinned to her dress, "God save the prom queen"
♕ i n f o / r o l e s ♕
This will be a sort of 90s teen movie, riverdale crossover type... roleplay...

So basically, the roleplay will follow our characters, the students of Wilkins High, as they attempt to figure out life after the murder of the prom queen, and who murdered their friend, enemy, and acquaintance. After all, the police seem to be strangely avoiding the murder and putting its investigation off again and again.

Feel free to ask any questions you have! This will
NOT be first-come-first-serve, i will be deciding on who will play what character on quality of character sheets. If you're interested in playing the character who murders Toni however, pm me and we can discuss motive/etc and you will present me with a separate cs there. you can choose any of the characters below to present to me as her murderer except the teacher and the officer, just be prepared to have some back and forth speculation between you and i about why they murdered toni. or, if you have any genious ideas about how i, the geek, would end up being the murderer, hit me up! I'd be very curious if any of your ideas are better than the ones i already have. the extra roles are for if there is still interest once the main roles are filled up! please do not specifically create a cs for one of them unless you would like them as a second character or all the main roles are filled.

I would prefer 1-2 paragraphs per post but I understand writers block, and creative bursts of ideas. I don't mind less or more than that, just please no one liners and remember quality over quantity.

roles:

the princess - she was toni's best friend and found her friend's body on prom night. on the outside, she seems just like the queen did, stuck-up, vain, and impossibly cruel. but, inside, she is extremely insecure, anxious, desperate to stay popular, and extremely emotional about Toni's death. she insists she found toni after stepping out for some fresh air and to find her friend who had mysteriously dissapeared earlier, and that she'd been in the gym all night. only toni would be able to confirm this, however.
the king - the queen's boyfriend and date to the prom night, he blames himself for toni's death because they had a fight the night of prom where toni stormed off. he insists he walked away and didn't see her again until...
the jock - the king's best friend and the wild child's boyfriend, he is not as kind of a person as the king, a bit more of the mean popular stereotype, and was nowhere to be found until after toni's body was found, but insists he was just late to the dance. why would he kill toni anyway?
the wild child - the jock's girlfriend and the party animal of the popular kids group and the school. she was the one to comfort the princess after she found toni's body, still not believing that someone could've murdered toni. sure, they basically hated each other and the wild child tended to threaten toni anytime they talked, but what does that have to do with anything?
the nerd - tone of the smart kids in every class, the only reason he came to prom was because the geek asked him to. toni kestner caused the arrest of his older brother for drug dealing, which put them on sour terms, but that was a year ago, and he swears he's not the revenge type. plus, if he were to kill someone, it would be more clever.
the geek - taken amxlia amxlia - the "girlfriend" of the nerd after their first "date" going together to prom, she's always secretly wanted to be part of the popular group. she even desperately would offer to do homework assignments for them to get their attention. she's not even a suspect in the murder, right?
the freak - he's the guy who came to prom in jeans, a t-shirt, and his usual trench-coat. he doesn't talk to anyone, ever, unless he's insulting the popular kids, or the normal kids, or society. Everyone immediately pointed their fingers at him after the murder. After all, he's always reading those creepy horror books.
the thespian - she's the kid who came to prom in the dress from her favorite musical and threw a bit of a tantrum when she wasn't awarded queen at prom. she's especially upset that they're still awarding toni with the title, after all, the bitch is dead isn't she? Wait, she didn't mean that...

extra roles:
the teacher - adult character - she was one of the chaperones on prom night, and ended up running for the nearest bathroom with a few of the students when she saw the body. She has this thing about blood, let's just say it didn't end well. technically, she should be reporting the students looking into toni's murder, but the police investigation seems a bit fishy even to her, so instead she's secretly helping them the best she can.
the officer - adult character - he was the first police officer on-scene after the call was put in about a body at Wilkins High. He is furious that his superiors are telling him to drop the case the best he can. His coworkers are obliging to this command, but alongside the teacher, he is secretly doing everything he can to uncover the truth of toni kestner's death.

coded by dwale

ooc | cs

Last edited:
Hey lovely! Glad that you are interested, but if you do take the officer please also apply for a role in the main group! (It is the most important that we have those filled)
Alright! Understood. Wouldn't mind the wild child, thespian, or freak!

Hey there lovelies! I'm glad you're interested! The CS thread has just been posted and if you read the entire info section you know I choose characters based on quality not who got there first.

athereal athereal i would prefer if you applied for one of the set roles as well, but if you do put up a good cs for a new kid, I may be up for it!

R Rock And Roll Boy I am trying to fill as many of the main teen roles as possible before i fill the officer and teacher, but you may apply if you wish! Just maje sure to post a cs for a main character and teacher : )

P P A S T R Y WoodenZebra WoodenZebra just tagging you to let you know that the CS thread is linked just under the coded interest check!

Hey there lovelies! I'm glad you're interested! The CS thread has just been posted and if you read the entire info section you know I choose characters based on quality not who got there first.

athereal athereal i would prefer if you applied for one of the set roles as well, but if you do put up a good cs for a new kid, I may be up for it!

R Rock And Roll Boy I am trying to fill as many of the main teen roles as possible before i fill the officer and teacher, but you may apply if you wish! Just maje sure to post a cs for a main character and teacher : )

P P A S T R Y WoodenZebra WoodenZebra just tagging you to let you know that the CS thread is linked just under the coded interest check!
(If it isn't reload the page and it will be Cx)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back