God Of Highschool or Tower of God RP?

gogojojo331

Six Thousand Club
I've been thinking of doing a Manwha (Korean Manga) Rp for sometime (Even though I've fallen off of reading the series).... Can anyone give me some ideas for the story?

Tower of God presents a bit of a problem because the tower is so big, and there are so many reasons to keep moving along and lose track of each other if you're not on a team that's currently being tested. It's also very combat focused and very competitive, which could become a problem in freeform play if all characters aren't on the same team.

You could run it as a slice of life-ier deal, like how things were on the 20th floor at the beginning of part 2.

I haven't really read enough God of Highschool to talk about that one, though.

What do you mean by Slice-of--life? I do agree...IF we went with the story, It would require a lot of dedication from the players.

gogojojo331 said:
What do you mean by Slice-of--life? I do agree...IF we went with the story, It would require a lot of dedication from the players.
Well, the whole thing where Ja Wangnan, the new protagonist of part 2 is having to take and retake the test and is running into debt problems because of testing fees and such (loan sharks are after him). The 20th floor and up have residential areas, IIRC, and people who just plain give up on the tests stay and live there, working jobs and everything.

You could roleplay as people who live there, maybe stuck on a rut; maybe they just got there and can't afford to pay the test fees. Maybe they're veterans that climbed down the tower to live a peaceful life, I don't know.

If you want a more adventure-type game you could have characters in the original campaign to take the tower, back before tests were a thing. Instead of fighting other people, they had to fight the fish monsters that swim in the tower's shinsoo (the magical air that works sort of like water for them).

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back