ᔕᑭᗩᑕᕮ ᗪᖇᗩGOᑎᔕ - OOC

KingHink said:
Then again... they very well could be more susceptible to it after so long. Just the excitement of being with other people and a craving to not be alone anymore. Further still, there are no other fish in the sea so to speak. What they see is what they get, and desperation is very possible.
that actually works pretty well with what i was saying and was also kinda part of what i was trying to get across as well :P — think of it like this: for the most part, love starts either as a sexual attraction, somebody catching your eye, etc. I've never actually been in love (sob cry) so I might not exactly know what I'm saying, but I believe that all love includes an aspect of sexual attraction to it or the desire for physical contact. In modern society, however, figuring out what the other person wants and what is acceptable to others makes the journey very delicate, and we have to hold ourselves back much of the time. That's the pragmatic way of thinking—you're not going to go up to someone you have a crush on, hug them, stroke their head, and say, "hi, my name's Sean." That's an exaggeration, but you get what I mean.
However, in this setting, with no society, heightened emotions, and a general reliance on instinct, it is much more likely to act on one's primal urges. The barrier between what one wants and what is right is severely weakened. I'm not saying it's realistic to suddenly start thinking of sexing 100% of the time, but that acting on impulse and disregarding building an emotional connection is much more likely. If you're living alone for almost a year, on the verge of insanity, meet someone else, and get feelings for them, you are likely to disregard whether they reciprocate it or not more than you would today. Think of the sadness and frustration one gets after being rejected. Now place that after a year of solitude.

I'll stop here though because whether i get what I'm trying to say across or not its not like we have to follow it or that I'm even right :P

Last edited by a moderator:
I was kinda hoping to see more posts before RPN goes down guise

Who's even left for intro posts? @CloudyBlueDay ? Aren't you supposed to be like first or summat?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Swoob - Attraction varies person by person. I'm an outlier admittedly, but my desire to shag is 100% dependent on a mental and emotional attraction first. I've never had to "physically hold myself back" consciously... things either grow or they fade, but there isn't a stupid amount of just tension tension tension on dates one, two, and three. Maybe a, "He's kinda cute, I hope he doesn't say something completely retarded and ruin this," rather than, "OMG, STOP TALKING, LET'S GO TO YOUR PLACE." But again, maybe that's just me.

Anyway, I'm gonna be basing Anja off my real-life experience. Which means no turning into an animal at the first boy she sees.

Prizzy Kriyze]I was kinda hoping to see more posts before RPN goes down guise Who's even left for intro posts? [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/9705-cloudyblueday/ said:
@CloudyBlueDay[/URL] ? Aren't you supposed to be like first or summat?
I AM HERE AND WILL BE POSTING BEFORE THE UPDATE IF MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT. I've been busy asf and lacking inspiration, but I am going to get that post up so we can all be ready to go when the site comes back.

I was supposed to post first but everyone did amazingly without much help. :3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back