• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Go Forth on the Journey of Unification!

Shin Positron Laser

Guardian of the Old Ways

===============================================================================================================================================

Long ago, the World was safeguarded by the Five Great Races, known as the Keepers.

They cultivated, protected and nourished the planet with life and spirit.

These ones prepared the world for the day when humankind would become its guardian.

When that time came they vanished from it never to be heard of again.

The Great Races held a profound hope that humankind would bring peace and prosperity to the world.

However we proved unworthy of such trust and responsibility.

Centuries of human history testify to our infantile nature as a Race, deeply divided by aspects of our own creation.

In time we were given an opportunity to display our worth as beings of this world; Elegos.

Once in a lifetime, a Holy One, Leaders of the Great Races, would bestow upon a child the Crest of Unity.

When the child became of Age, this one would set out on a Journey of Unification.

This was to serve as a symbol known as

The Savior...

=================================================================================================================================================

This RP is falls under an existing lore and World that I have already created and will take up place under an umbrella Hosted Project. However It will have its own IC and the story will have no need of knowing anything that has happened in previous IC's. It is a project I have been interested in restarting. It is fundamentally different to the current RP I run which is a monthly themed mission type, where a large group of RPer's mix and matchup with different players each month to solve/fight/deal with problems regarding political issues and the like. This RP will have a small group of players journey into different places, build more intimate bonds, have more personal conflicts and deal with differences ideologies and spiritual beliefs.

If you are interested, here are a few things we are looking for in players and somethings you may look forward to in our RP

-We are looking for no more than 5 members though 3-4 would work as well.

-Availability: We ask that players post in IC with at least 2 posts a week. We are a smaller group so to keep momentum going, rather than lots of posts, regular posting is recommended,

-Characters: Characters will have a specific role but it will be general enough for players to make it their own.

-Writing: It is casually detailed, anywhere fro 5-10 lines normally, but it has been my experience that players will subconsciously write more and more as time goes on . No IC one-liners please

-Creativity: We would love your contribution to this Original World RP, from flora to fauna to technology.

-Gaming: There are some game mechanics to keep combat and use of supernatural powers interesting and balanced.

If you thought to yourself, " I can do that! " here is what you can look forward to!

What WE offer YOU! :

- Genres include; Fantasy/Action/Romance/Supernatural/Homage/Adventure/Drama/Original/World Building

- Because it falls under the umbrella hosted project, I can get other players from my RP to play recurring roles such as antagonists or guest characters.

- An organized layout to help you navigate the walls of text that are found in the RP

- A game system that balances, rewards and tempers your characters with Action Dice, Support Tech, Items and more

- Encyclopedic look at the Worlds Lore, Plants, Animal, Organizations, Locations, History, Technology etc.

- Detailed Battle Systems, 1x1 duels, Player vs NPC group battles, Player Groups WAR SYSTEM, NPC Artillery, Airship Battles

- ZERO TO HERO progression. Everyone starts small, but those that play for a while get to do BIG things. Especially with our reward system.

These are the roles that should be filled in and they are in priority order.

The Savior: This is the Titular Role in the RP. The Savior has been trained since the age of 10 to be a person of great responsibility and humble demeanor. Age req. 20 yrs, Preferably Female

Saviors Best friend : The childhood friend of the Savior who forcefully joins the Journey of Unification, should be around the same age as the Savior, no gender preference

Saviors Mentor:  The person who serves as guide and teacher during the Journey of Unification. (( Reserved for GM ))

Saviors Protector ( 2) : A personal Guard chosen by the Church of Unification. Warriors, Soldiers, mercenaries, you name it. No gender preferences, no older than 27, no younger than 17

Saviors Sibling: A sibling of the Savior who along with the Best Friend forcefully joins the Journey of Reunification

I'm interested. Would be nice to see a little more about the lore.

I am compilling the necessary information in the hosted project right now as some existing characters in the current RP are somewhat relate to this lore.

Basically the above legend exists primarily in the Domain of the world called the Eastern Union, E.U. for short. It is a federation of Archipelagos and Sovereign Island nations. 

The legend is part of the core beliefs found in the Church or Unification, a spiritual faith that is part of the grander Keepers Society, which professes reverence and Diefies the great races of Old. The keeper society can be likened to Christendom as a whole whereas the Church of unification would be like the anglican or catholic offshoots. 

The Savior is to travel the Eastern Domain primarily to power the beacons of hope with the unique powers the Savior possesses. Each Beacon is located within the 5 Grand Temples. The journey itself is to give hope to the peoples and to prove to them that the Savior is worthy of the responsibility. 

@Shin Positron Laser So the character is going to be interacting with Jerusala? I thought this was a separate story set in the same universe?

The story is separate, however it is within the same planet, timeline, history and elements of each story may eventually cross into each other. The easiest solution would be to give you 2 pools and keep the accumulation separate for each character.

@Shin Positron Laser Ah, I understand what you mean. I'm fine with two pools for different accumulation, or using the same TP pool. I guess my only problem with the same TP pool is that I already spent all my TP on Jerusala, unless you want to split all my prior TP, which I think is 153 into two different pools? So each character gets 76, or 77?

@Shin Positron Laser Ah, I understand what you mean. I'm fine with two pools for different accumulation, or using the same TP pool. I guess my only problem with the same TP pool is that I already spent all my TP on Jerusala, unless you want to split all my prior TP, which I think is 153 into two different pools? So each character gets 76, or 77?

No actually, 2 pools would mean you would get 153TP for Jerusala and 153TP for the other character. That way TP is used only for each. Because splitting the TP in 2 is not fair, but using TP from 1 character to another is also not fair. So the solution would be 2 pools that do not come into contact with each other.

@Shin Positron Laser That works, and it's probably the best way to go about it for fairness. I can't wait for this addition to the roleplay, as it reminds me of Golden Sun and Bravely Default.

@Shin Positron Laser That works, and it's probably the best way to go about it for fairness. I can't wait for this addition to the roleplay, as it reminds me of Golden Sun and Bravely Default.

Yes, the story is very JRPG like. I am updating much of the lore right now in preparation for this. I do hope more show interest.

In the meantime, was there a role you had particular interest?

@Shin Positron Laser I've no particular interest in a role, as I do not want to subtract from the availability of roles, in case one particular role entices a potential roleplayer. I'd rather fill in a role that no one wants, as all the roles seem pleasant enough for me to roleplay. Plus, the role's just a general fit for the character, and not just the personality, appearance (besides gender), and qualities, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Another reason why the characters have pre-existing requirements is to cut down on relationship building a little. Even the protector roles, the 2 of them can be partners of some sort.

Seems like a really interesting rp, if it gets off the ground I would not mind filing the role of one of the savior's protectors! If we opt to go with a smaller group I could also play the savior's childhood friend or savior's sibling for more variety.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like a really interesting rp, if it gets off the ground I would not mind filing the role of one of the savior's protectors! If we opt to go with a smaller group I could also play the savior's childhood friend or savior's sibling for more variety.  

That sounds excellent. I am waiting until after the Update of the Site to get this underway. Hopefully by then more of the Lore and History will be established and a few more players will join. All of the structure is in place already, and if we do hit the mark of players needed, we have people start on their CS's asap, as the characters sheets are already written out.

@Shin Positron Laser Is the RP going to be around the world? Or will it be focused on one continent/area?

It will focus on a Domain of Elegos known commonly as the Eastern Union, which are several archipelago's of island nations.

We might venture in and out of a few areas outside of that, like the already established Northern Kingdoms as they are not too far away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back